Shoney's North Americashoneys grayson ky

First time new restaurant opened we paid 9.99 for Buffett and my 6 year old was free with my purchase. Waitress told us price was always that. Went back on a Friday was charged $14.99 plus drinks plus $6.99 for a child's Buffett. Why such a difference? My child prob ate 3 bites and food wasn't great at all. The meat was raw and the dessert was dried out like it sat there all day. We could have ate at a much better quality restaurant for that price probably cheaper. Won't be going back anytime soon.