Sheratonhotel staff kept my computer - ac adapter

I stayed in the Sheraton Hotel September 6th thru the 7th this month. I left my laptop AC Adapter (Sony Vaio brand). I called the hotel and immediately as soon as I noticed I had left it behind at the hotel room. I spoke with security; they said they would check the room and with staff. They took my personal information including address, name, and phone number.
I did not hear back from them last week and so I called them again. I spoke with security once again. They told me that their staff did not find anything.
I know I left it there, but they are claiming that they did not find anything. I only care to retrieve it because the AC adapter costs too much to replace. I cannot afford it.