Sharaf DGdefective tv

H

Dear Sir/Madame,
I am writing this letter requesting your consideration of my below grievance and your kind assistance in the resolution of the same.
My Name is Mohamed Elmadbouly, Flight Purser in Emirates Airline,
My grievance pertaining to the malfunctioning of a television set and the refusal by its dealer to repair/replace the same irrespective of the same being under warranty.
I had purchased an LG TV Model # 65UH770V from Sharaf DG as a part of 98, 000 AED promotion with The BMW Car. The purchase had been made under the name of my wife Nermine Elgamal Phone # [protected].
The Delivery Note created by Al Sayegh Brother Trading LLC with LPO number 007543/2017 on March 20th 2017. The guarantee/warranty on the products extends to a period of one year
Subsequent to the purchase and on the date of the delivery note mentioned above, a representative from the delivery team had called to inform us that the delivery of the said TV would be done on the same date.
My wife had informed him that, on account of work schedules, we would not be able to be present at home and that should he insist, he could deliver the TV at our home, , as our helper at home would accept the delivery. However, we had clearly indicated to him to not install it since we were due to travel and had intended to find a space for the TV upon replacing the old TV, following our return.
The person who delivered the TV had neither opened the box nor tested the TV upon delivery. He had however, forced our helper to sign on a note stating that the TV had been in Good condition without even unpacking it and ensuring that it had been working.
Following my return from abroad on April 1st, I had noted, upon installation, that there was a major defect in TV Screen in consequence whereof, a proper image was not being generated on screen.
Immediately thereupon, I had packed the TV and taken it back to Sharaf DG - Mirdif city center branch, from where we had purchased the same. The manager there had re-directed us to the supplier Al Sayegh Brother Trading LLC in Sharjah Industrial Area.
Upon arrival there at around 5:00 pm, I had met with two persons Mr. Zahid and Mr. Monjed (Arabic speaking ), who refused to take back the TV; stating, quite impolitely, that a defect in the screen was not covered under warranty.
I had tried, in vain, to explain, both in English as well as in Arabic, that I had found the screen to be defective immediately upon opening and installation. However, much to my shock, disbelief and mental agony, Mr. Monjed had quite discourteously, attempted to attribute the fault on me despite it being obvious that no single scratch or signs of damage were visible on the screen.
The said representatives had not only refused to replace my TV but had also refused to provide me with any proof of the TV having been handed over to them for escalation of my grievance to the higher authorities at Al Sayegh Brother Trading LLC and the examination by an expert into the reasons for the fault.
It is capable of clear perception that there was a manufacturing defect in the TV which, neither the dealer Sharaf DG nor the supplier Al Sayegh Brother Trading LLC had shown any inclination to repair or replace despite an obligation to the said effect being clearly incumbent on them, both jointly and severally.
Consequently, both the dealer Sharaf DG as well as the supplier Al Sayegh Brother Trading LLC stand in breach of the terms of purchase and of the Warranty and are further guilty of gross negligence and deficiency of service.
For reasons of the lackadaisal approach of the dealer and the supplier and their scant respect shown to the purchaser and myself, I have sustained loss and damages are assessed at AED 10000

In the circumstances I believe that it would only be fair to expect the full refund of the Purchase Price of AED 10, 000/- that I had paid for the said TV or the replacement of the defective TV with a new one.

I have been informed of the efforts undertaken through the reader’s forum for the resolution of similar issues and hence I would really be grateful to Gulf News for its assistance in the resolution of my grievance.
Thanking you in anticipation,