ServPro Industriesremoval of personal items after fire

J

NEVER USE!!! This is my and my daughter's experience after a fire at her townhome: We last communicated with them on January 4, 2018, when they told me that they would set up a day and time for me to come view my personal possessions removed from my town home on November 20, 2017. It has now been nearly a month and we have heard nothing.
This comes after months of phone calls and emails to Servpro of Bellaire regarding broken promises by several employees.
To recap: I called Servpro of Bellaire on November 19, 2017, after a fire at my town home complex. My unit did not have fire damage, but did have water damage to the second floor and smoke damage throughout. Servpro of Bellaire came out that evening to estimate and schedule the project. He told us:
1. Servpro would come the next morning and the team would photograph EVERY item before removing or at the warehouse before storing.
2. Servpro did not and would not remove any textiles such as clothing (Including shoes and purses), area rugs, linens, drapes, etc. Those items would be removed for cleaning and storage by another company we contracted with, First Team of Houston, who arrived at the same time and worked at the same time as Servpro on November 20.
3. We would receive a detailed inventory with photographs of my removed items a few days after you removed them.
4. The estimate for removal, cleaning, and three months of storage was 12-$14, 000.00. This was after your estimator/supervisor, Eric, walking through making a detailed inspection of my two bedroom town home. Randy, who represented himself as the owner and manager, also gave this estimate.
5. Servpro would not dispose of items damaged and not cleanable without my permission and without my being able to see the items since some may be of sentimental value.
What has happened is that the photographed inventory was not provided for weeks and only after many phone calls and emails. Many items were missing, mostly expensive designer clothes purses and shoes. Some items were listed on both the "cleanable" and "total loss" inventories and seem to have been damaged when thrown into boxes by Servpro. Servpro inventory showed empty expensive designer shoe and purse boxes I kept those items stored in, but not the items. Items that were not damaged and some that I had stored in sealed plastic tubs in areas not affected by the smoke and water were listed as a "total loss". My insurance company was billed over $23, 000.00 without informing me that charges were 60% over what I was quoted. Items in my garage which was not affected were removed, including my washer and dryer which were not damaged, and like my other large appliances Servpro did not take, did not need to be cleaned or removed.
I was called at work on December 18, 2017, and told that I must come that day to see my "total loss" items or that I had to pay additional storage or Servpro would throw them out that day. When I told her I would come, she then said I could not come to the warehouse and refused to give me the address.
Servpro demanded that I pay extra for storage, when the bill paid by my insurer included three months of storage.
My medications were taken in spite of Serpro saying they "cannot take medications and store them" which of course is appropriate. But they were taken and listed as "total loss". This is in spite of the fact that other items that Serpro said they could not take, such as bottles of wine and food in the pantry, were boxed and left at my town home.
I have many pairs of glasses, all kept in the same drawer in my bedroom. Some are prescription and some are very expensive designer sun glasses kept in their original cases. They were taken and I had to make several calls requesting that these be delivered to me. I was at first promised all this was on the way that day, then that it would be a couple of days, then that it was packed and would take a while to find. Finally a delivery of a bag was made to my temporary apartment. While my prescription glasses were delivered, the designer sun glasses were not. After many calls and my accusing Serpro of theft, the sun glasses were delivered weeks later. BUT the cases, which in thier own photograph prior to removal look like new, were scuffed and the ear pieces on the glasses had been damaged as if the glasses had been used, carried around, and the ear pieces chewed by the wearer. Some of these glasses have a value of $500.00 each.
It is curious that the missing items, like the sun glasses, are all expensive designer items which I kept, like new, in their original boxes.