Secureboxoffice.comover price concert tickets

A Review updated:

When searching for tickets to a concert on what I thought was the box office for the theatre I ordered 4 tickets from secureboxoffice.com as I thought this was the suggested provider of tickets for the theatre. When I hit submit on my iPad nothing happened so I filled out the online form again and the 2nd time I received a confirmation but no email receipt. The next day when I still hadn't received my email receipt I tried calling the company to confirm and their phone lines were down so I called my credit card company and found that I was charged for 8 tickets. When I finally got through on the phone to to company they refused to refund anything. I then did some searching and found that the tickets I purchased were about $35.00 more per ticket than they were charging at the actual box-office site. Now I am stuck with 8 over priced tickets. I am working with my credit card company to dispute the charges but I feel scammed, ripped off and embarrassed that I purchased anything from this company.

• Se
    SecureBoxOffice.com Sep 12, 2011

Hello,
    I am responding to this baseless complaint made by an anonymous commenter. The accusations made in the complaint are patently false. SecureBoxOffice.com has connected thousands of fans with the tickets they want with very few complaints. It is impossible to accidentally order more tickets than desired, as our checkout requires clear confirmation to place an order. Our highly trained customer service staff is available every day of the week from 7 am to midnight, and never misses a call. Customers absolutely receive order comfirmation e-mails immediately after placing their order as well. It is disappointing this anonymous commenter (who couldnt even come up with a better title than 'over price concert tickets') would intentionally mislead potential customers about the value of our service. But unfortunately, that is absolutely the case here.

• Ju
    julie2384 Sep 12, 2011

I have ordered tickets from secureboxoffice.com many times and always had wonderful experiences. I found the ticket prices to be fair and my tickets always arrived on time, exactly as they say. My family and I have been to shows and concerts getting great seats through secureboxoffice.com
    At one point I had made a mistake in ordering the wrong number of tickets. I called secureboxoffice's customer service number and the rep was extremely helpful in fixing my order. Very courteous, very knowledgable on what to do, overall a phenomenal experience. I recommend secureboxoffice.com to all my friends and family!!!

• Ke
    keystone32 Sep 12, 2011

I bought tickets to Lion King through secureboxoffice.com for an anniversary vacation trip to NYC for me and my girl. Last minute decision so I was worried that the tickets wouldn't get to me in time but they did. Very impressed. The website was easy to use and very professional. I was able to see where the seats were on an interactive map. Will use again.

• Mo
    moseyposey Sep 13, 2011

Buying tickets online always makes me nervous but I took a chance and decided to buy from Secure Box Office. I called in my order so that I could be sure I was talking to someone and not just giving my information to the net. The representative was very helpful and wonderfully sweet. I bought my tickets and received them soon after, no problems at all! I will be coming back to secureboxoffice.com for my future ticket needs.

• Ji
    jimbosono Sep 15, 2011

I just want to point out that in my research online of whether secureboxoffice.com is a legit company to buy tickets from I came across quiet a few complaints all written in the same manner, if not word for word by this guy Anonymous 332 or 324, all with the same typos and grammatical errors that makes me thing that something is off...

• Se
    seaustin Oct 29, 2011

I recently bought tickets for So You Think You Can Dance. They were very expensive but they came up as the Official Secure website. The price was $150, a $30 service fee and a $15 delivery charge to fedex them across town. When the tickets arrived, they were issued by Ticketmaster at 58.50 with a 11.59 service fee. DO NOT BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE!! They are scalpers NOT official sellers!! I have copies of my email receipt and the original ticket.

JonTh Nov 02, 2011

I recently purchased tickets from secureboxoffice.com, the price was fair, delivery was on-time. Five days after the transaction I started recieving repetitive phone calls from a [protected], 5 of them in two days. I tried to answer the call several times but would find a dead line. I finally lost my patience when they called at 9:59pm. I called them to find out that it was secureboxoffice calling from an automated dialer. I won't use their service again. Our business was done. I had already responded to their multiple follow up emails. Hammering my phone for no good reason is an unacceptable way of doing business to this customer, now former customer. Jon T

• Do
    DowntownMarietta Dec 22, 2011

I agree. I bought three tickets to Les Mis for $65 each which wound up to be over $90.00/ticket by the time they were delivered from Amazon (to whom I also complained about secureboxoffice). Face value on the tickets was $30.00. If I knew the face value when I inquired about the tickets, I would have checked other sources and not bought from secureboxoffice. Secureboxoffice customer service told me they don't know face values -I don't believe them. Secureboxoffice sight stated ticket price was $65.00. I believe they are intentionally ripping off people. Watch out for the [protected] follow up call. They'll try to sell you a buying program for $29.95/month. They feel they suckered you once and want to do it again.

DowntownMarietta

• Da
    daytoolong Jan 01, 2012

I agree. It seems that Ticket scamming is now the norm. I ordered/paid for BB King tics, balcony seats @ $107.00 each and stated my name, got loads of superfluous emails but, in record time ( 2months before the performance date) received 8.5x11 tickets proudly made out to a strange patron name at exactly half price! The explanation attached suggested that my choice of seats 'May' have been upgraded at no additional cost (were not), the strange patron was ID'd as the original purchaser (scammer cover name), then the price difference was washed as 'the prices are set by the seller and are frequently higher than the face value' by an innocent 'private ticket broker'. Of course, the tickets are non-refundable in the case of a cancellation. So, am I likely to fall for this again? I'll buy a DVD and imagine it's a private performance.

• Lo
    lodestar Feb 20, 2012

SecureBoxOffice.com does think there is a difference between floor seats and balcony seats. I paid for premium floor seats and they refused to refund or exchange when they sent me inferior seats.
    According to SecureBoxOffice, an order categorized as right center "means that any of the right center sections may be provided to
    fill the order."
    Buyer beware and stay clear of this scalping ticket service who specialize in bait and switch.

• Ns
    NShanks Mar 16, 2012

I recently purchased what I thought was 3 tickets for a show. Apparently, i accidentally selected 2 tickets. It is strange though because there were several boxes to choose from and one of them was 2 or 4 tickets and the other was 1 or 3 tickets. I guess it is possible that i selected the wrong box. Regardless, I didn't notice the wrong increment on my email confirmation because i only looked at the price (which seemed correct for three tickets because of the jacked up $16 service charge per ticket and the shipping cost). When i contacted secureboxoffice, they were no help and of course reiterated their no refund or exchange policy. When i did some research, i realised that I had paid almost double face value for the tickets. It is very disappointing because i thought that this was the box office for the show. Don't make the mistake i did, read everything before you purchase and always check ticetmaster directly to see if they sell the tickets for face value before wasting your time with this site. Now, my only choice is to go to the show with my child and leave my husband at home, spend more to let him sit in another section, or resell our tickets for less than 1/2 of what we bought them for and then buy more.

• Ed
    Edevericks Jun 27, 2012

We were scammed by Secureboxoffice as well. We were told we would be purchasing tickets in a specific row on the Mezz level. After arriving at the show we were seated in the very back row. We paid more than double the face value on the tickets. We called to complain and ask for a refund and they refused. This was a very special occasion for us that required us to save our money. My wife had wanted to see Wicked for years and the night was marred by this scam site. Very sad.

• Ev
    Evan Effa Nov 02, 2018

I ordered 4 tickets from Secure Box Office today for a Mark Knopfler concert in Vancouver (16 September 2019) thinking I was using the Orpheum’s official ticket vendor.

Each Ticket was priced at $185 USD. The subtotal prior to my checking out was listed as 4 x $185 USD.
    I reviewed the terms of sale and authorized PayPal payment for the subtotal amount and this was accepted.

However, once directed back to the Secureboxoffice.com / Vendor website the total for the transaction read $991.70 USD.

At no point was it displayed or was I informed that there would be extra charges over and above the 4 x $185 USD. As soon as I saw this discrepancy, I phoned their help line. I was told by the agent that these extra charges were for 'Delivery and Service Charges'. I explained that these extra charges totalling $251.70 USD, were added without my prior knowledge and were only added on after I authorized PayPal payment for the 4 x 185 = $740. The agent listened to my concern and told me he would look into this & then put me on hold. After 10-15 mins the line went dead.

This is unacceptable as I was not informed of this extra charges totalling $251.70 USD prior to my authorizing the payment. In my opinion, these extra hidden charges are totally unacceptable. I would get better and more honest service from a street side scalper.

I have opened a dispute with PayPal over this transaction.

This is a scam site.

-Evan Effa
    Victoria, BC

• Da
    dart10ss Nov 28, 2018

went to Madison square garden web site for 2 Billy Joel tickets 3 months from know. some how I got linked to Secure tickets. I thought it was the garden I was dealing with. Upon ordering the tickets I expected to pay $480. No were on the page does it tell you they added $487.10 to the bill. When I printed the receipt it was $947.10. I called there phone number and got bounce from 1 menu to another, . It is a price gouging operation. No customer service. They also say they can change the face value at anytime up to the day of the venue. I contacted my credit card company to dispute the transaction. waiting 45 days for a dision. They should be banded

• Ck
    Ckushner Jan 02, 2019

@dart10ss Did your credit card company get your money refunded?

• Un
    Unvalued Customer Dec 10, 2018

"Scummy Scalping Scamartists box office".
    I am extremely upset with the customer service and ticket purchase from Secure box office. When I first purchased the tickets in July 2018 I was made unaware of the fees involved in the purchase until after I submitted payment (this is predatory). $210 each, after I hit submit order, I was charged $567. I chalked this up to lesson learned as I thought that was my mistake for using your service and apparently not a forthright disclosing fees.
    2nd the tickets I received (which I had selected the seats) were cancelled and I was notified via email the day before the event (November 29th, 2018) via email (which I wasn't checking on vacation). I was on vacation in NYC at the time and had printed tickets from July to attend the event which I thought were valid. I didn't find out they were invalid and had been cancelled until I was in the process of entry to Radio City Music Hall where the tickets were scanned and showed up invalid & cancelled. The newly issued tickets in the email had to be printed on paper and not valid via a mobile device. Therefore we were not permitted entry to the show. So disappointed, refused after many calls to reimburse the purchase price.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices