Menu

Sears  - ny state inspection

D
Author of the complaint
4:30 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After much research on tire prices, I brought my car to Sears in Henrietta NY for an Inspection & front tires.
The date was 12/3/11 at a few min.after 9.
I knew for a fact that I needed front tires in order to pass inspection. Not only had 2 other Garages told me but, the right front strut is broken and the tire is worn on the outer edge almost to the belts!
I was 3 days late getting my car inspected because I am disabled and knowing that I NEEDED tires, had to wait for my check in order to afford them.
After waiting 1 1/2 hours, my friend checked on the progress since I was anxious to begin choosing tires (not one on display had pricing info!) He came back and said "the car is done"!
When I went up to pay I was to that the car passed inspection!
I am NOT complaining that I saved $200 that day.
I am very concerned that the inspection was done at all!
According to the receipt the car was done about 25min after we brought it in.
Despite the fact that I left my cell phone number and NEVER left the waiting room area, we were left waiting over 1hr
after the car was done!
I realize that a broken strut does not affect the inspection but you would think that a very visibly broken strut would be brought to my attention!
When I returned home, I noticed on the receipt a web site for a customer service survey. I stated what I wrote here, & filled out my personal info because, it said, if I did I would receive a personal response w/in 48 hours. I don't know what time zone Sears is in but here in NY 48hrs was over 22 days ago! STILL WAITING!
I purchased tires elsewhere on the way home.
Was an inspection actually done?
Just how safe is my car?
NEVER NEVER will I use Sears Auto Center again!

Dec 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Watching4u,
That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking! It really burns me that I never got a response to my original complaint even though it is written in black & white that I would.
I never thought of reporting this to NY State. Thanks for the hint!

Dec 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks for the reply! That least one really pissed me off! :) Good luck w/ your Complaints complaint!

Dec 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Why-why-why?...Care to elaborate? Are you calling me & the person I was with a liar?

Helpful? 0 0

More Sears complaints & reviews

Sears - customer service department
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - poor quality product!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - terrible company!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - it should be named the die easy battery
Sears - buyer beware/contracts changed
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - slow posting of payment on account
Sears - did not receive item or refund
1 comments