SCS Sofas'4 years intrest free on everything'

In june / july 2010 i went to scs set on getting some new sofas. What drew me in was their '4 years intrest free credit on everything' offer. How wrong was i? Well 2 and a half years later my boyfriend and i are buying our first home and his mother is kind enough to give me the money to settle the payment on the sofas. Following her kindness i log onto my account on the creations finance website to pay the full amount off the sofa only to find that what is left to pay is almost double what it should have been! Due to finding the extortionate amount i read over my agreement and at the top of my finance agreement, in what can only be described as minute writing, it says this is a 60 month agreement. I think what can i do, i've signed it but i knew that what i thought i was signing was a 4 year interest free agreement as i said to the girl who sold them to me '4 years is fine because by the end of it i'll be ready for new sofas anyway' she did not correct me on this, therefore, why would i think otherwise. . . So i called creations who basically told me it wasn't their problem and to go to scs so i did. The main scs contact centre told me it wasn't their problem and i would have to call the store i bought the sofas from so that brought me back to calling scs at team valley, gateshead where i was treat as though i was a piece of dog s**t on the bottom of their shoes. Mike reay, the store manager, is the most horrible and arrogant man i have ever had the displeasure of speaking with. In an awful manor he told me that it's not their problem and they won't do anything about it as i've signed the contract. He told me it is clearly written at the top of the contract that the finance is 60 months to which i replied you and i both know that is not the case, had it been clearly written i would not have given you my business and informed him that i would be taking this case to trading standards. He simply said 'go to trading standards, i don't care'. So at the end of it all i have paid the outstanding amount off, not got anywhere with scs however i am going to trading standards where i will hopefully get somewhere with this and stop scs from conning people into deals like this as i am certain i am not the only person this has happened to. My advice if you currently have finance with scs is to check your finance agreement carefully, you may have been tricked into the same agreement as i was. If you are looking to purchase sofas on a 0% finance deal - go to dfs. Everyone i have spoken to since this has come about went to dfs and have had no problems at all.

• Kate_ScS Feb 06, 2013

Hello,

I work for the ScS Online Team and am saddened to hear about this complaint. Please accept my apologies for the manor in which you have been spoken to, your comments will be passed on to the regional manager and dealt with internally.

Many thanks,