SavingsAceUnauthorized Charges to Credit Card

T

They made unauthorized charges to my credit card for several months before I noticed. The company representative and her manager told me they could cancel the service but I would only receive credit for the most recent month. I told them they were both frauds and should be ashamed to work for a company that scams people. I then made a complaint to the FTC and my state consumer board. SAVINGS ACE PAID ALL OF THE MONEY BACK WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE FILING. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO FIGHT THIS AS THIS IS A COMPLETELY BOGUS COMPANY THAT MUST BE SHUT DOWN. TOO MANY LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES OUT THERE DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY.

• Er
    erika Mar 26, 2009

i have been charged through this company 19.95 dollors and they had charged me twice i dont even know why they did. i want to get this matter taken care of and apparently its from reunions.com

• Ru
    Ruth Goldberg Apr 10, 2009

I was charged 59.95 in February to join My Life.com then in Aril 19.95 for SavingsAce which I unknowingly authorized. I saw it in my bank statement and immediately cancelled my account. I would like to be reimbursed for thwe 19.95 please. Ruth Goldberg

• Yl
    ylamb May 01, 2009

I have never had any dealings with savingsace, yet I have an unauthorized charge on my credit card. Now I can not pay my bills. I would like to know how they got my card number and would like to know how I can get my money back and press charges against them.

• Li
    Lissi May 11, 2009

I woke this morning to check my debit account online and found a charge for $19.95 from a company I have never heard; savingsace. I have attempted to resolve the issue with my banking center and have not yet reached a resolution.

• Be
    beachbums93 May 12, 2009

same thing with my wife. we have been charged for 59.00, 1.00, 19.95, and 19.95. She "broused" through Reunions.com and once they asked her for $, she backed out of the site...and now here we are $100 in the hole!!! I hope someone gets the ###!!!

• Mc
    mc pisssed May 21, 2009

I was checking my account online and noticed a charge pending for $19.95 from "Savingsace". I immediately called my bank and they cancelled the charge, then I looked back further and there was a charge last month that I overlooked. I filed a dispute with my bank and told them this site is charging my account without my authorization. They canceled my card and issued me a new one. I noticed that there was an 888 phone number to call next to the charge description so I called and it asks for your membership number or credit card used to charge your membership fee!!! I didn't want to continue the call in fear of them charging my account again!!
    They have no right getting anyones cc # and charging these recurring fees every month!
    I am so irritated. I never shop online or do anything just because of this reason.
    I want my $$ back, this company is a scam!

• Mi
    Mike Jun 01, 2009

This company obtains your credit card number from what you think is a reptuable company or online website. They then "enroll" you in their "service" and charge your credit card. You never knowlingly agreed to this, it was buried somewhere in a paragraph of fine print when you made your online purchase. Deception at it's best. The parent company's name is Adaptive Marketing, a fitting name. Savingsace and Home savings Mall are the same CT. companies. If you have been charged by these companies file a complaint with the CT. State Attorney Generals office.. You can do this online. Maybe with enough complaints filed some one will go to prison. One can only hope.

• Gh
    G. Hall Jun 04, 2009

Unauthorized check card purchase from my account:
    2-24-09- $19.95
    3-26-09- $19.95
    4-27-09- $19.95
    5-26-09- $19.95

Gloria Hall
    [email protected]

• De
    dennis king Jun 13, 2009

they have charged my credit card for $19.95? dont know who they are, , never heard of them please erase from my credit card

Dennis King

• De
    dennis king Jun 13, 2009

unauthorized to credit my credit card, , dont know them or what they ae trying to sell

• Er
    EricEngland Aug 19, 2009

I called MyLife today to cancel the subscription with them because of their dubious relationship with SavingsAce. After having to ask for a supervisor they agreed to refund my money and take me out of their system. I then called SavingsAce who agreed to refund without question. Of course I have not received the refunds as of yet although I have received confirmation emails concerning the issue. Good luck, be forceful but respectful, threaten to involve your state attorney general if it becomes necessary.

Donna Dee Deitermann Sep 13, 2009

When buying an airline ticket for my son - a pop up said we can save $19.95 on the airline ticket by clicking on ---a month later a automatic withdrawal shows up from my checking account. I want my money credited back to my account. This is a rip off!

• Pa
    passsig Oct 02, 2009

i authorized them to take out 99 cents so i could find out my dads address.. they charged me 24.95 for a membership i didnt ask for.

• Hr
    hrloca Oct 04, 2009

I agree this savingsace is a fraud... I found 4 charges of $19.95 and one of $39.95 charged without my permission, I don't even know who there are and I think this is absolutely ridiculous.

There should be a way to protect consumers from this stuff.

• T5
    T5314 Dec 02, 2009

SAVINGAGE is a well big scam organization that take advantage during your online shopping, and steal your credit card number and automatically charge (Monthly) of $24.95 until you found out and call your credit card co. for a dispute. In my case, when my credit card representative contacted to them, they will do the refund but only the recent month, not those past month. Be Aware of SAVINGAGE.

• Ge
    george large Jan 10, 2010

this company is charging peoples credit cards without that individual knowing about it and its extremely unlawful and there should be charges brought up against this company

Douglas P Jan 12, 2010

I fell into the same scam. Logged onto MYLIFE and went from paying what I thought was a $19.95 charge to a $39 charge. And if that wasn't enough I get a charge from another company for $19.95 for a service I still know nothing about. Savings ace. I will fight it, but it made me a non beleiver in ever buying online again. It shouldn't be that way. I guess if there is money to be had they will try and get it. What happened to an honest business. As far as MyLife.com, I still haven't connected with anyone. I guess that's a scam too. Douglas

• Ca
    Carol Mandernach Feb 03, 2010

I never signed up for this company. I don't know how they got my info but for 5 months they have been charging my checking acout. $24.95

• Le
    Leo N. Ring Mar 07, 2010

Mylife.com got me also with the savings ace scam when I complained to the Bank (Wachovia) they were very helpful with the money returning to my account the next day. They also canceled my card and issued me another one to ensure that no one else can use that card again. Leo Ring

• Fr
    frustrated like hell May 17, 2010

I started getting billed on my credit card monthly for $24.95 in dec. of 2009 after signing up for a 24-hr pass on intelius services to find a couple old classmates. They sneek in under there web-site with out clear info. from either party about signing up for savingace monthly service. And until you start getting your monthly statements with this fee for their supposed service you don't even know your on the hook too them. And i am trying to get my credit card company to get this worked out with me so far looks like im out $125.00 bucks and if i can't get it resolved to my satisfaction before my next bill cycle comes up i will be cancelling that credit card. I also will be contacting the state attorney office in ct. where they are incorporated in. Good luck to anyone else out there that get's scammed by Savingsace due by no fault of yours.

MaeTate May 28, 2010

I received charges to my account, but didn't notice them for several months. I never authorized the charges to my account and will contact the Better Business Bureau about the apparent theft.

• In
    Intelius_Customer_Support Jul 08, 2010

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• We
    Westygirl Aug 24, 2010

I discovered 7 months of transactions taken from my account for $US19.95 these were converted to $AUS. I have never heard of this company and had never authorised these payments. My bank is following up with a transaction dispute. Who knows if I get this money back but the inconvenience of closing that credit card and having to start again is frustrating as well.

• Al
    Alicia Davis Sep 16, 2010

To whom it may concern. you guys took 19.95 from my account from bank of america and i dont even know you .i never gave you any permission to take money from my account . I have contacted my lawyer & the police i advise you to put all my money back as soon as possible thank you alicia davis

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jan 03, 2011

They wont Billing Me like that I will Go to The ATM In The A.M. & Withdraw The rest of My Money Out, They Cant Get Money That Is'nt in there for them to take!They Should be in Federal Prison for Credit Card Fraud.They sure would have Me in there IF I did something like that Or Even tried to do something like that! IF THEY CAN DO THE CRIME-THEY SHOULD DO THE TIME!

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jan 03, 2011

In Searching through My E-Mail Today I found something called "Noreply as the Sender" that was actually "Savings Ace.Com" Welcome heres your Membership Number(Their Address is: Savings Ace 9500 Dodge Road Suite 100 Omaha, NE.68114-3331) We will be billing you every Mo.for as long as you are a member-Like the rest of you I Never Joined, Never Gave them My Debit Card Number & Never Authorized them to Bill My Debit Card For Anything, Made the same Useless, Worthless&Senseless Phone Call to the Toll Free Number that the rest of You made, when the Automated Voice on the Phone asked for My Account Number & Credit Card Number-I Gave them My Home Phone Number, Of Course there was No Account Number for Me.Then I went to their Website Savings Ace.Com(When I Signed Up I Gave them An Address That Does'nt even Exist)-&Should send up Red Flags to The Credit Card Company that Issued My Debit Card!Then I Sent them an email that I Never Joined, Did'nt Authorize them to bill My Debit Card Etc.Etc.Etc.-They Sent Me back an E-Mail that it would take them 1-2Days to get back to Me.They can do whatever They choose to do(&Have Proven That) as can I.So My Next Stop was State of Nebraska District Court Omaha & I came up with the following Information should Any of You Wish to Complain to the Proper Authorities.(Court House)-Hall of Justice 1701 Farnum St.5th Floor Omaha, NE.68183, Their Phone Number is (402)444-7004!On the same Web Page is The Douglas County Sheriff"s Dept.I was Un-able to find a Phone Number for them, But Did'nt search very hard for one either, Also Assume that the Court House Would Have that Information for Me IF I call them & Ask for it!Maybe We All need to Make the Proper Phone Calls to the Proper Authorities & File Complaints Against Savings Ace.Com for Credit Card Theft, Fraud&Everything Else We can Think of.As I'am Quite Sure what they Have Done to ALL Of US Is Illegal Even in the State of Nebraska!&We can ALL Use This Web Site to Show them Proof That this Is Not an Isolated Incident, That it is a Way of Life for These Scammers & Theives & They Will ALL be Behind Bars where They Belong instead of Hiding Behind Their Computers Stealing Money from All of US!Even IF All you have is a Debit Card (That is a Pre-Paid Debit Card), You Can go on The Website that Issued You Your Debit Card (Information should Appear on the Back Of Your Credit Card for their Website, as well as their toll free number for Customer Service)& Print Your Statement Showing that Savings Ace Billed Your Credit Card.It's time for this Party to END Especially Since Iam one of the many Suckers Who is Paying for it, Dont know about the Rest of You But I Did'nt get an Invitation to the Party, So Why should I help pay for The Party?

chiefsteve Feb 02, 2011

they got into my account through Vitacost and dinged me also $75

• Ph
    PhilippeR Feb 16, 2011

This scam of a company has been charging my credit card for a year, 23.95 per year. I called the 800 number that I got from my credit card statement, talked to a supervisor, and they refused to refund my money, they credited me, supposedly, for only 2 of the 11 months they charged on my credit card. I never heard of this company, and have never dealt with them at all. They are a complete fraud, basically theives. Leason learned: Scutinize my credit card statements on a regular basis. SavingsAce needs to be shut down and prosecuted.

• Dw
    dwh53 Feb 18, 2011

I was contacted by my bank and told I had insufficient funds in an account that I don't use except when I visit the States (I live in Europe and only come to the States about every other year). The bank told that some company (Savings Ace) had been deducting money from my account every month for the last 15 months. I had never heard of the company and had no idea why they were deducting money from my account. I called them and they claimed that I had signed up for a membership on line. I suspect they "piggy backed" on some online purchase I had made. They also claimed they had sent me membership information by the mail (which is blatantly false) and that they had informed me by email that my account would be deducted every month (another lie). I checked and no emails had ever been sent out nor had any snailmail with membership info been recieved. The company refused to refund the total $449 they had taken from my account, and consented only to refund one month (which, because it was the beginning of the month was not a concession at all). The company appears to be a total fraud. I'd like to know if anybody has actually used their services. I've filed a complaint with the FTC (http://www.ftc.gov) which I encourage others to do. Companies that operate like Savings Ace should be put out of business.

• Ah
    Ahmed Q Ali Feb 27, 2011

At the same time of PASSPORTTO FUN also this SAVINGSACE, which I never heard before, charged my CC $29.95 obtaining evidently my CC information frauduntly. As in the other complaint my bank would not help and is using delaying tactic whose aim I fail to comprehend.
    The website of this merchant is not operational, so I cannot complaint to them.
    Please advise.
    Ahmed Q Ali

James Blake Mar 07, 2011

Another sit which gets people to sing up to evaluate the program, get their password and make monthly charges until the customer objects.

DOGUELVR May 11, 2011

PYRAMID COLLECTIONS IS ANOTHER CO. DOING BUSINESS WITH SAVINGACE, STAY CLEAR OF PYRAMID COLLECTIONS

• Li
    linda mckeon May 14, 2011

They have been charging my credit card and this was never authorized i want my money back.. i am not even a member linda mckeon 8456351304

• Ka
    Kasey D. May 18, 2011

I have been charged membership fees since Nov. totaling over 83.00. I never signed up for this service and demand all charges be returned.

• Ij
    ijrr May 26, 2011

Do not register in this company.
    They don't meet what was agreed when you subscribe. Instead of being automatically, they ask you to send forms by mail. Completely stupid. They do this so you can give up and ended up paying their membership.
    I strongly recommend to stay away from this website.

• Na
    National Jester Jun 23, 2011

I just discovered today (6/23/2011) that a company called SavingsAce has been placing a charge of $19.95/month on my credit card going back to at least February 2011. I have no idea how they got our information! The activity looked fraudulant to my credit card provider, and it was. I can only get the last 3 months reimbursed through my card. Adaptive Marketing changes banks and the names of their front companies in order to continue their scam.

• 4o
    4ou2 Aug 21, 2011

My-life requires you to cancel via phone and then continues to charge then passes the buck to saving ace and then...your unable to correspond unless you give credit card numbers...call your bank people

johnessig Nov 04, 2011

I was somehow signed up while considering tickets with Travelocity. I ended up booking with Hotwire and still was charged for membership. I called and they cancelled me but they would not refund me.

• St
    Stoeckles Jan 24, 2012

We booked a rental car through Travelocity and SavingsAce stole our credit card information and began charging our credit card without our authorization or knowledge. Unreal.

James Coble Feb 05, 2012

I had gone online to look at what they had to offer and decided against it. The next thing I know they charged my credit card $19.95. I did not authorize this charge I don't know how they got my card #. All I want is $19.95 credited to my card.