Savings AceAp9*savingsace charge

Today I checked my bank statement and found an unauthorized charge for $19.95 from savingsace. I called [protected] and just stayed on the line until I was able to talk with a representative, since I have no membership number to give them...I didn't know I was even a member! I told him what the problem was...of course, he said I signed up for them when I signed up for classmates.com. I told him I didn't want whatever he was selling and he agreed to cancel my membership and refund the $19.95...we shall see if they do!!

• Th
    there is justice Feb 09, 2014

I have been a victim of fraud from this company as well. When I finially figured out this company stole money from my account for 4 1/2 years worth because I didn't question it until an overdraft fee was charged. After reading all the reviews and getting advise from all of them and a lawyer I began my research and I am back to report the information I got to help another if this happens to you. I emailed the Better business bureau (BBB) as well as Nebraska Attorney General. This company comes in many forms of names, Saving Ace and Adaptive marketing but the BBB provided the real name. Vertrue Inc. The person that responded to them with an email back was Megan Boham. This company is very much a scam and they are taking money from people in many different ways. They say from using mylife.com, or hotel purchase online, & even Amazon. With me they said it was Mylife.com. I am very happy to say that I did recieve fully my money back but it wasn't until after I contacted the BBB and the Nebraska Attorney General. These are available online to file a claim. The address to this company is:
    Vertrue Inc
    9500 West Dodge Rd. Suite 100
    Omaha Nebraska [protected]
    Phone # [protected]

Ron Ch Jan 25, 2014

This company has been charging my capitol one card for over 2 years I have no idea how they got my card number. If there is a way to get refund please help.

• Wi
    winergy Feb 13, 2013

This company masquerading as MVQ Savings ACE has been stealing money from my checking account since October 2011. I am not sure even how they got my information. I think I bought airline tickets on Travelocity and they lifted my credit card information. I ma fighting it now and tryng to get my money back. They are a huge scam. Check your bank accounts now. Somehow if you do a lot of transacting, it is easy to miss $19.95 a month. But this was being lifted from my account for more than a year. They are deceptive, lying, cheaters. Just don't do it.

• Am
    A Moges Jul 09, 2011

I just noticed that I have been robbed of $19.95 per month by SAVINGACE. I never authorized this company to charge my account and I still don't even know what services they provide. I have emphatically requested to refund what they illegally charged me before I forward it to the agency that deals with these kinds of crooks. I have been told that I will get the refund in 2-3 work days...

• Ot
    Ottie Rice Jul 07, 2011

I was also a member of classmates but cancelled my account last winter. This past May rec'd a call that I was eligible for a Wal-Mart gift card, gas cards, several offers, of which I said no, no, no, and no. Noticed my account was being charged with $24.95, and other amounts, called the phone numbers to get them to credit back to my account. Again in June it started the same thing using my card #. The bank cut up my card and issued me a new one. Only one has agreed to refund my amount and the $32. fee. The other won't cooperate so the bank said we could file an affidavit to get the other money, $24.90 charge and $32. fee. This is a real pain to deal with. Why has nothing been done to address this issue. I am going to complain to The Attorney Generals Office in Ky., also Consumer protection, and the Better Business Bureau.

Jachin Jul 05, 2011

Rec'd renewal notice today. Had to be near expert to enter ID number and TPN in the allowed time. Requested letter confirming cancellation. This they could not do. Computer won't do it. Same company, different department and they don't talk to each other. Here in Kansas, this is the meadow muffin defense. Be afraid of these people, very afraid; it's not cowardly it's a defense against corporate room temperature IQs.

• Am
    #@&%??!! Jun 07, 2011

SavingsAce is nothing but a scam. I unfortunately did not read the fine print when I signed up for a $20 rebate after purchasing tickets thru Travelocity. I had no idea that I had enrolled in SavingsAce scam. If this was a reputable company, I should have received notification of my member number and an explaination of the benefits which came with my membership. Instead they are completely silent, hoping that their monthly charges would go unnoticed on the credit card statement, which unfortunately it did for several months. I had to call SavingsAce once I noticed a charge that I could not explain AND ASK THEM WHAT I WAS BUYING!!! By the way, I never got $20 dollars, and Travelocity would be smart to distance themselves from this scam organization. I will never use Travelocity again for airline tickets.
    Of course SavingsAce will not refund the last several months. If anyone is aware of a class action lawsuit against this company... sign me up. They should be run out of business.

johnnybellv Dec 30, 2010

They charged me $16.95 on my checking account. I called and got an automated assistant (shocking). I think its [censor] that companies like to launch their assaults on online shoppers during the busy holidays when most of our guards are down, but this is just plain stealing. I've never been a Classmates customer and i clicked "NO THANKS" as-well. If it was not for this complaint blog i would never had known it was Classmates with the cover of Savings ace. Thanks... I still want to punch someone in the face!!! Merry F*&*%$ING Christmas!!

• Rs
    r.silva Dec 29, 2010

My credit card is getting charged for charges i did not by from them

josh S Dec 14, 2010

this is so crazy, today my wife asked me why i was buying 20 dollars worth of stuff every month from SAVINGS ACE the hardware place, ( i dont shop there) upon looking into it we have been charged a total of 290.30 from saving ace that has gone unnoticed by my wife and i, after calling saving ace and being told they could not refund anything back, i asked for the supervisor, knowing how these types of scams work i asked supervisor Rick to do the right thing, so he went from i cant do anything to i can refund one month to ok i can refund 90 days. This is still not acceptable so the compliance department will be hearing from me, all of this was brought about through vita-cost where we did NOT sign up for anything from any other company, thanks for all the info on here guys, and i will for sure be letting vita-cost know how we will never use them again, but if none of this turns out right then im going to get a job at savings ace, they seem to be doing pretty well!!! J/K

• Ra
    rae1and2 Nov 12, 2010

I am soooo bummed. I signed up to use peoplefinders.com last december to find a tenant who owed me money. It was a waste of money b/c it didn't help whatsoever. I guess this is where savingsace got my acct info from. I never even realized this fee was being taken out of my credit card each month FOR A YEAR because both my husband and I use our credit card for everything and when we scanned the statement each month we just assumed it was something we purchased throughout the billing cycle and we never checked on it. All along, my husband thought it was something I bought and I thought it must be something he bought and it wasn't until just the other day that I asked him about it and we realized neither of us was making this purchase. I contacted the company and the representative gave me to a "supervisor" who agreed to refund one month's fee of $24.95. I guess they've gone up in price since last year since everyone else on this blog seems to have been charged $19. She said she couldn't authorize a complete refund but she'd e-mail me paper work that I could fill out and send back requesting that the 12 months of charges be taken away. The only thing she sent me was something saying I wasn't entitled to receive those fees back. There was nothing to fill out. It said if there were any problems to visit their website, which I did and then realized there is no way to contact them rather than call the number I originally called where the woman told me she couldn't help.

• Lf
    lfests Nov 07, 2010

I want to place an order but it has this sav ace on it and I could save $20 so I looked it up and found this stuff. I hope they don't automatically sign me up once I place my order!!

• Ki
    Kiknarin Aug 30, 2010

I also have been charged from my Thai credit card but I have no idea about this Saving ACE or Saving Home America. It seemed that my personal date and with my credit card number was stolen from someone who know my data and now I am investigating about this even I am in Thailand but I will get all paper for US investigate.

I think they work like a teamwork and stole the date from anyone and sell to that company.

• Pa
    PAfraud Aug 21, 2010

Beware, I just recieved a phone call from Savingace offering something that was almost too good to turn down, a $200 gas card and a $25 wal-mart gift card. All I had to do was give them either my bank account number or credit card number (yeah, right). After speaking to a gentlemen (who spoke with a deep accent) for nearly 15 minutes, he transfered me to someone else who repeated exactly what he had said only she was extremely upset about the fact that I was refusing to give out financial information.
    Things did not add up. First, they were trying too hard and wouldn't answer my questions. Second, the number on my caller ID did not match the address that they gave me as a contact if anything went wrong.
    I strongly advise that you not even talk to these people. They become rude when you don't comply.

• Ju
    justin Igger Aug 04, 2010

I had signed up for savings ace over the phone for a 30 day trial for me to check out with a promise of a 50 dollar gas gift card ... i received my membership materials in the mail when they said it would arrive in about 7-10 days looked it over used it for 2 months saved my family roughly 300 dollars during that time doing my regular day to day shopping. and just like they promised, i was able to cancel it within 30 seconds of a phone call when we decided to cancel the membership. I definitely enjoyed that 50 dollar gas gift card also so honestly i don't know how you guys had f*#%ed up on that but sorry to hear it lol

• Gs
    gsmMN Jul 21, 2010

Oh SH*T I totally knew it was a scam but hell I'm so back at turning people off... the guy " Tom Williams" was so insistent and i knew it had to be a scam but what did i do? give my credit card # anyhow... what should I do now? I'm totally screw!!

• Re
    REV.WOOPASS Jul 10, 2010

LOL these [censor]s tried like hell to get me but guess what as i was talking to Michael Rooks i started searching on the Internet and found this site and started telling him how many complaints his company had all the sudden he got defensive and said they were members of the BBB i looked that up and surprise it was a lie when i told him that he put me on hold and hung up people don't EVER give out card numbers on the phone 99.9% of the time its a SCAM and whatever country these ppl are from I'm sure U.S. laws don't apply heck he told me he was in Carson city Nevada (sorry bout the grammar I'm in a hurry)

• Bl
    blondebamababe Jul 02, 2010

SAVING ACE CALLED MEVIA PHONE TODAY SO I DECIDED TO LOOK THEM UP TODAY ONLINE AND GUESS WHAT I FOUND???? LOL YOU GUYS HA HA HA. I KNOW THIS IS NOT FUNNY BUT I DIDNT FALL FOR THIS SCAM I TOLD HIM FROM THE START THAT I WASNT GIVING HIM ANY PERSONAL OR CREDIT CARD INFO. HE GOT MAD AND CALLED ME BACK 3 TIMES I KEPT HANGING UP ON HIM UNTIL I TOLD HIM IF HE CALLED ME BACK I WAS GOING TO REPORT HIM AND HIS COMPANY TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN NEVADA AND GET ALL OF HIS COMPANYS TELEPHONS RIPED OUT SO HE QUIT CALLING ME.
    HERES THE INFO I GOT. ALL OF YOU SHOULD REPORT THEM TO THE ATTOURNEY GENERAL IN NEVADA FOR FRAUD AND SHUT THEM DOWN.
    THIS GUY WAS FROM THE MID EAST AND SAID HIS NAME WAS ( GET THIS) MICHAEL JONES!!! I TOLD HIM, , , , I DONT BELIVE YOU. OK HERE GOES.

SAVING GRACE

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO E-MAIL ME YOU CAN DO SO AT
    [email protected]

• Al
    alj127 Jun 26, 2010

I just got a call from Savings Ace saying they were sending out $25 Wal-mart gift cards and $200 gas vouchers to select people in different areas. She asked for my name and address and told me all I have to do is pay the $3.60 shipping charge. (Ok, first off they want to give away $225 but can't pay the $3.60 shipping?) So anyway, then she asked me for my Visa number. I asked her what the name of the company was that she was calling with and while I stalled I Googled them and found this site. I told her no thanks and hung up. Just figured I'd throw that piece of info on the pile.

• Ne
    newmex Apr 21, 2010

I got nailed by this company for 19.95 and it was when i joined My life.com. bunch of crooks. I never joined them.

• Sb
    SB100 Mar 28, 2010

Unbelievable, SAVACE or Saving Ace is charging $19.95 each month on my business card without any authorization. I have no idea what this company does or who is providing them authorization. Call you credit card company and follow up with a note to the Attorney General.

• Sb
    SB100 Mar 28, 2010

Unbelievable, this company is charging my business credit card without any authorization. Write your credit card company and be sure to follow up with a complaint to the Texas Attorney General.

• As
    as12 Dec 11, 2009

Same thing happened to me through Vitacost.com. What a scam! I never authorized this.

• Mj
    mjs3 Nov 13, 2009

I also just noticed a $19.95 unknown charge on my account and called the number and it listed as "Ace Savings"----I think they got my info from Vitacost, saw this on another complaint on another site. This is ridiculous and am going to call tomorrow and threaten to go to bbb or legal recourse!!!

• Do
    dougp310 Oct 21, 2009

Twice I have been hit by these people. Both times I called them they insisted that I was a member of whatever they are. I told them I had no interest in them and I want my money back. They do refund it but you have to go through a whole of punch this and punch that on your pho0ne before you can talk to a live person. It is still annoying to get these and then have to call them to get your money back.

Doug

• Up
    Upsetoverfalsecharge Sep 11, 2009

Have to add Vista Print to the companies that information is solicited from as well. I received a $14.95 charge from them that according to Trisha operator number 5415 I authorized while at the end process through Vista Print. Like most people here who at least did get a screen I hit NO THANKS but they have my billing information that is scary.

I have put in a call to [protected] left a message and they returned the call the next day. I am being told to FAX [protected] with a reference number Trisha gave me for them to REVIEW and Possibly may return the fee but they have CANCELLED membership. Funny you cancelled something I never authorized in the first place.

I usually don't use my debit card just because of occasions such as this.

• Je
    jeni2000 Sep 05, 2009

I also got checked my bank statement today. Only I had a charge for $24.95!!! The crazy thing is that I don't have a membership for any of the sites listed previously. As a matter of fact I didn't even have the internet at the time that they said I signed up for the offer. I am not even fooling around with them. Monday morning I am contacting my lawyer.

• Po
    PO'd in SA Aug 29, 2009

This site should be shut down for deceptive practices. I never signed up for anything even though they said I did through my Classmates site. It is obvioous from the number of similar complaints that they attempt to sneak into your account, charge for whatever and then are unresponsive when called on the phone.
    This is a pure and simple SCAM.

BBB, Shut them down please.

RoRo Aug 21, 2009

Huumm.. Maybe, this Savings Ace ALONG with Classmates.com and Reunion.com, should be exposed on national TV.. I think I will forward these complaints to local news. Lets see if Classmates.com wants to still talk as if WE are the idiots that knowingly agreed to the savings ace ad. I-on know about yall but, when that pop up from Saving ace came up, i clicked ''' NO THANKS ...!!! It just seems funny, Classmates.com readily hands over your bank info to these folks.. I told Classmates, if you had any concern for your users, you would allow the pop ups however, if we choose to except the pop up offer, we should have to RE-enter our bank info.

• Me
    -Mel Aug 21, 2009

I also just checked my bank acct today & found a 19.95 chg by 'Savings Ace'. I have been a mbr of Classmates for several years, and this is the first time I've been scammed by them. Thx for the "compliance" dept's # to Savings Ace...I left them a voicemail. And guess I'll be cancelling my subscription to classmates.com as well.

RoRoYaites2 Aug 06, 2009

I did get my money back + my overdraft feessss<<((( plural ))) ...! dont even bother to call classmates or reunion.com... call >>>>>> SAVINGS ACE-- '' COMPLIANCE DEPT'' [protected]... that was the only way I got my money back... leave as much info on the automated system; name-ace account #- phone # - address etc... Be sure on that msg you make it clear; if this is not corrected, you are going to the BBB and Consumer affairs and for your on FYI; BBB+Comsumer Affairs take complaints online.. Hope this helps.. OHH.!! By the way, I canned my Classmates account..! You should to as your payment info is there and available for folks like svngs Ace and More... To make sure these complaints are found in every Goggle of Classmates.com and Reunion.com and SavingsAce.com, I have the following tags>>>> shame on Classmates.com shame on Reunion.com Shame on Savings Ace SavingsAce savingsAce.com AP9

• De
    DENISE PRIDGEN Aug 06, 2009

same problem here i checked the no, thanks also but on my statement this month ther it was 19.95 so i called also and was told (by automated system)that they would send me $10 man, this is "BEAT UP"AND i SHOULD JUST BEND OVER!!

• En
    Enemy of reunion.com Jul 13, 2009

It happened to me too!

Reunion.com are the real crooks.

• Br
    Brian Paone Jul 01, 2009

You're right - they are getting their credit card numbers from VitaCost and a number of other websites. ScammingAce (sorry, did I misspell that? I meant SavingsAce, of course) has a contract with VitaCost. VitaCost sneaks the authorization into the fine print AFTER your order with them is completed.

The number for their Omaha, NE located company is [protected].

• Dl
    DLB May 22, 2009

I, as the people above stated, checked my account and found a $19.95 charge that was unauthorized. I will be filing a complant with Reunion.com and the Texas Attorney Generals office. If everyone will submit a complaint to their states attorney general we might stop this scam company. The sad thing is Reunion.com supplies them with our account numbers.

• Ji
    Jim May 16, 2009

They charged 19.95 to our credit card without authorization!! They are getting card numbers from Vitacost.com somehow.
    I never authorized this company for any charges.

• I GOT A LETTER TODAY FROM SAVINGS ACE IN RE; THE OVER DRAFT ''THEY'' CAUSED ME WHEN ''THEY'' SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS THRU THE SAME POP UP I CLICKED- NO THANKS ON..! WELL, THE LETTER STATES'' THE OFFER THAT SAVINGS ACE CLEARLY PRESENTED TO ME VIA INTERNET WAS ACCEPTED BY ME... ###...! I CLICKED, NO THANKS.!!! I TRIED CALLING THE NUMBER ON THE LETTER FOR THE ''COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT'' BUT, IT'S A VOICE MAIL.. I THEN CALLED CLASS MATES.COM, THEY INSIST THAT WE MUST HAVE ACCEPTED THE OFFER ANDDDDDDDD SAVINGS ACE ONLY REFUNDED THE $ 19.95 AS A COURTESY..! THATS BULL..!!! I CLICKED ON '' NO---THANKS..!!! I LEFT MY NUMBER, WE WILL SEE IF THEY REPLY.. I WILL POST THE REPLY.. WHO THE HECK IS SAVINGS ACE ANYWAY..? THEY MUST NOT THINK MUCH OF THEIR COMPANY IF THEY HAVE TO TRICK US INTO SIGNING UP THROUGH CLASSMATES.COM..! IF YOU TRY TO CALL CLASSMATES, PRESS #2 FOR MARKETING, THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL GET A PERSON.. SHE WILL TAKE YOUR NAME + NUMBER AND SOMEONE WILL CALL IN 2 DAYS..
    FYI;;;; HERE IS ANOTHER NUMBER FOR SAVINGS ACRE-- '' COMPLIANCE DEPT'' [protected]

RoRo Apr 30, 2009

is there any way we can alert classmates.com of the scam s/ace has on their site.? when i first signed up for classmates, i got a pop up that asked if i wanted to take advantage of the savings for S/Ace, ? i clicked '' no thanks ''.!!! but i was still signed up..! there is no contact info for classmates.com on the site.

• Je
    Jessie_Ann_88 Apr 29, 2009

Today it happened to me to, i check my statement an it said the same thing, 19.95 was taking out without me saying so, an man I was so ticked off, so I called them and they said that they had canceled the account an I told them about the 19.95 being taking out without my say so, an she said I would get refunded for it an I should have it in 2-3 business day, and I guess I shall see and f not Im calling and complaining again.