Santander Consumer USAjoin in on the class action lawsuit

O Review updated:

Join in on the class action lawsuit against santander consumer us!!! It will put a stop to this madness and unfair charges that they are charging people due to taking over a loan from hsbc, citifinancial auto, etc. Santander charged me interest on deferred payments that I had with cifinancial before they accured the loan. They will not show me documented charged and the amount that they charged me, they just told me I owe an addtional $6, 000 after my loan is payoff on 5/13/2013. This is unfair to many americans today. We seriously need to put a stop to this company!!!

• Jw
    J, WHITE Oct 14, 2010

Auto loan from Citi fin. Auto taken over by Santander Com. USA . I wast 2 days late with payment (August).
    They are saying payment was never sent. But statments from Bank shows that payment was taken out of account. Payment was stolen?

• Je
    Jennifer1975w Nov 24, 2019

@J, WHITE Where do I join

• File a complaint with the FTC( Federal trade commission) I had a very similar thing happen to me, they called me and wanted my social security number and bank number for a person that had kids yelling and dogs barking in the back ground..they have had many many complaints of identify theft filed against them. Please report them it is the only way to get these ### stopped.

• Hey maybe we should all get together and file a class action suit aganist Citi Finicial for giving away our information to the.?

• To
    Tooz Oct 15, 2010

If you can prove that Santander cashed the check, then fax a copy of the front and back of the check to them. Id make sure a manager looks at it becuase frankly their employees are woefully underpaid, treated like dirt, and therefore treat their customers accordingly. They should credit your payment in a reasonable timeframe. If not, I would agree that an FTC complaint and maybe evenan occ complaint is in the offing. If they did not cash it, then go to the police because someone stole your payment!

• Ni
    Nique81 Oct 21, 2010

A collector called me and ask me for a payment. I made a payment with out being told about a processing fee. A processing fee was taking out of my account with out my permission. Talk to customer servcie and manager and nothing was done about it.

• Gl
    glasswindow Nov 11, 2010

my husband died october 29 2010, and as his spouse I elected to pay his debt in full to Santander. A customer service rep called me and tried to give me a verbal quote over the phone of how much he owed and ofcourse I told her to send me the amount by mail so I could allow my Attorney to view the quote and pay them off.
    Did I offend them by this or is this company untrustworthy?
    tell me what you think?
    glasswindow

• Ba
    Barbara Young Nov 11, 2010

You have every right to receive your information in writing. I am severely hearing impaired and I ask all the time. Never have been refused. Keep tabs on Santander. They took the accounts from CitiAutoFinancial. I had to tell them not to call me until 9 am. They called from Colorado and I'm in California. I've managed to pay my car payment for the last 2 years while on unemployment, Citi harrassed me with calls almost everyday, left messages all day.
    Now looking for work and don't need my phone tied up, could be a job offer. In this economy they need new ways and more grace to handle this. Citi got bailed out in the first and second Stimulus!

• 06
    06stratus Feb 24, 2011

Have been forced to pay my monthly payment for month of February 3 times now because no one listens or cares about my auto loan payments. I am growing increasingly weary of giving my money to this company because I know somehow the money for my payment is being stolen by their "employees".

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Feb 24, 2011

Personally, I think they know they are receiving your money. but they are lower than snake ### and are truly conartists. It's best to get an attornery when dealing with these lowlifes ###.

• Ed
    Edgar De Leon Mar 04, 2011

Since I have an account with the bank Santander Consumer, I've been paying surcharges. It's amazing that even to pay your page have to pay a cost of 11 dollars. For each day of delay in paying a surcharge in the month. My monthly fee is 288 dollars and I paid a month late $ 260 more. I think we should do something against the policies of this entity.

ladybyron8384 Mar 17, 2011

This company has been calling and sending letters and a repo man for a car we have never owned. We contacted their customer service to try and get it straightened out and got the name of the car dealership where the car supposedly came from and the car dealership is out of business. We now have no idea where to go from here to get this straightened out.

• Ra
    randy philips Mar 30, 2011

I sunt my truck payment. I was told that it wasn't ever received. I sunt them a copy of my money order. The payment has not been credited to my account yet. It's been 3 weeks dealing with matter. I call to resolve the issue serval times. Nothing has been done about my payment. My money.

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Mar 31, 2011

If you pay by mail, always send these ###s certifed -return receipt. They will screw you because they are conartists

• Du
    DUH SPARKY Apr 28, 2011

You need to contact an attorney. They are a very hard company to deal with on your own. I had to contact my attorney to deal with them regarding wrong info on my credit report. They refused to delete the info even though they had no record of my having a balance with them. I have been a member of PrePaid Legal services for 12 yrs so I didn't have to pay for the attorney it was included in my monthly fee. I got my membership through B. Dixon. HTH!!!

ladybyron8384 May 17, 2011

They called again this morning and left a message saying "We're trying to work with you. I don't know why you won't return our calls. I guess that's your choice." We have called them at least half a dozen times to explain that they have the wrong person. The date of birth and social security number do not match and we have never owned the car they are talking about. We had other calls from credit card collection agencies and after talking to them for 2 minutes they realize they have the wrong info and never call again. I don't know what the deal is with these people! Does anyone know how to fix this? I think it's some kind of error in a database somewhere.

• 22
    22Denise Jan 24, 2013

I agree they are getting over on everone.

• Co
    concernedgranddaughter Feb 12, 2013

How can I get information on this lawsuit? This company has been preying on my Grandmother for years now. I have had suspicions about them for along time now but after recent health problems I have been responsible for her checkbooks and bill payments and have come to realize she is being ripped off by this company and I feel this company needs to be shut down and the thousands of Americans out there that they have been over charging need to be reimbursed. This crooked company needs to be STOPPED!

• Fo
    Fowler5 Aug 24, 2017

@concernedgranddaughter i would like to help stop these over interest changing bandits i but a car five years ago and the balance is still as much as it was when i started paying for the car they are truly co artists my car was total they want all the money from the settlement and wont let me by the car back unless i finish paying them another !0, 000. 00 and leave me left out in the cold can you help me?Dooley 08/24/2017

• Me
    Melissa L J C Mar 19, 2013

My loan was bought out by santander w/out my knowledge or consent!!! the interest that they keep charging on my account, I will not be able to pay it off on the maturity date! my payments are not late. I called for a pay off quote, 03/14/2013 was told that it was good until march 28. In the meantime I had already put my march payment in the mail. when I called to get the pay off amount on 03/19/2013, I was told that it was 3002.93. They received my payment and had applied it on the 16th of march! and was told that it was good until'(3308.93) pay off amount was good until March 28th. if you subtract 309.13 from 3308.19 the total of 3002.93 is wrong. Tried to call and talk to them telling them that I was told that ballance (3308.19) was good until march 28. But since I had made a payment that changed everything and more interest had been added!!! Help close this way of bussines down!!!

lamar17 Mar 30, 2013

i had a deferred payment once, but dont know how they come up with this high interest and charges, i now owe twice of what the vehicle is worth and i keep getting callls before payment is due, fixing to let them have car and do what they want to with it im tired of being ripped off

• Jl
    JLINAnon Aug 29, 2019

@lamar17 If you tell them not to call you they have to comply or can face fines up to $1, 200 per phone call paid to you at least in the state of Florida, maybe different in other states but contact an attorney for sure.

• Ti
    Tina Lawson Apr 10, 2013

Hello, I am having the same issues. I have contacted consumers affairs and seeking legal assistance. I have paid to much for this car and ready to be done with them. My car pay off date was March 2013, now they are saying I owe 2000 for payments behind, that was not true and got a call Monday stating I owe 14000.00 three more years. Oh No!!! that would be a total of 39000.00 payoff.. No one pays for a vehicle for 8years.

• Kt
    Ktuck86 Apr 17, 2013

I need info

• Kt
    Ktuck86 Apr 17, 2013

I need info on this lawsuit because this company is a complete rip off, please contact me ASAP

Joan Weiner Jul 04, 2018

@Ktuck86 I need help. This company is a huge RIP off

• 1s
    1stcarrippedoff May 20, 2013

Please send me details on joining this lawsuit as I have a similar situation.

• Le
    Len bendolph Jul 12, 2013

How Santander continually get away with ripping off there customer?

laurielewlew Jul 14, 2013

Please tell me how I can get in on this! I'm going to have to surrender my car back to them because I can't afford it because of all the fees they've charged... my loan has only gone down about $1, 000 in almost 3 yrs and my is only worth about $6k and I have $15k remaining on the loan!!!

• Li
    Lindag Jul 21, 2013

Same boat, It's unbelievable that they get away with this crap. Looking for the names of the attorneys who are handling the class action and if they are taking clients in New York. Please post if you know the firms who are filing.

• To
    Tony Puczylowski Jul 23, 2013

I have paid $520 a month for the past 24 months, and my loan is only $1000 less than when I started. I am tired of giving this company my money. How can this be legal?

• Ni
    Nikki Wilson Jul 23, 2013

I got a $16, 940 loan in March 2010, 3 years and 4 months later, my payoff amount is $17, 300.00. Even with late payments there's NO WAY $10, 000 I've paid them in 3 years is just interest and late fees.

• Dt
    D Traser Aug 12, 2013

We are in the same boat. We had a loan originally with Citi Financial Auto that was bought by Santander. During the course of our load I asked for two deferments extending the maturity date of our loan from July 2013 to September 2013. We are down to the last two months of our loan and still owe $8, 500! After researching what our original loan contract stated what the total interest to paid over the 60 months, I asked for a detail of all activity on my account. Adding it all up, I discovered we have overpaid the exact amount we have left on the loan in interest. When I asked them about this, they told me accounting would have to look into it and get back to me. Nothing has been done. I have an interest in joining this lawsuit as well. Does anyone have any information on how to get in on it?

• Re
    regina d. Aug 14, 2013

This company is a fraud. Every time I think I am caught up on my car loan I get a bill saying that I am a couple of months behind. I even did a deferral, paid a month passed due and they still said I was behind. When I spoke to someone there I was told that they bill a month a head. They even tried to repo my car. These people need to be stopped.

• Dt
    D Traser Aug 19, 2013

I just found this regarding a class action suit being looked into against Santander. http://www.findjustice.com/cases/consumer-protection/consumer-investigations/santander-consumer-usa

• Li
    Lindag Sep 06, 2013

There seems to be a lot of confusion about law firms that are or already have filed class actions or who are willing to represent consumers regarding Santander. If you have representation already or if you have joined a class action, please provide links.

• Bl
    Blondi9370 Sep 13, 2013

Someone please me info about class action lawsuit. Nov. 2012, they said my loan was going to be paid off August 19th 2013, when I called, they said I owed over $3000.00. I have asked several times for a detailed copy of my acct before and after they took over the loan and they will NOT provide it, saying they will send it. I have seen several charges they applied and then removed, applied again...but what about the interest on these charges???? THEY ARE RIPPIN PEOPLE OFF.

• Cw
    cware8769 Jan 28, 2014

I have been ripped off on 2 vehicles. I let them go back because I would never pay them off. Please let me know what you all did? They are doing the same thinhg to my daughter.

• Sh
    Shanta H Jan 29, 2014

They have over charged me for a vehicle that should be considered paid off and now they have repo'd my truck stating that I still owe over $7, 000.00 for the truck which untrue no matter how many time you add it up.

• Si
    sign me Mar 11, 2014

same here how do i file the lawsuit? they repoed my car after its paid off, granted i was months behind, they said it didn't show in their computer, cost me 100 bucks to get my car back from the towing yard, and now won't release my title if do not pay off the repo fee which about 400 bucks, i think its unfair and its wrong

• Bo
    Bozzqt Mar 15, 2014

I think I'm getting ripped off too!! I had my first loan with Wells Fargo but then I got a offer in the mail to refinance with citi to lower my payment bad mistake I just ran with it and now my car was suppose to be paid off this month and they say I still owe 7000!! They told me it was eight deferred payments and interest and late fees. I told them something has to be wrong somewhere because that's ridiculous! I asked for my contract to be sent to go over it. I know I skipped two months to defer but I always bounce back and paid and it should not be that much. He said once you defer it extends out the loan. First it was cti and then it went to santander I think in the process it got switch the numbers got messed up! I don't even think I defer 8 times ! Maybe 4! I hope they of get sued so I can get a whole lot of money back!

• Kr
    krisattheranch Mar 28, 2014

Help. Santander has
    added enormous amounts of interest on car loan, changed payoff date, added an additional 2 years to loan and now repossessed car. please help, need information for class action lawsuit. I have read about them doing the same thing to other people.

• Pa
    Pamela Marshall Mar 30, 2014

I also had bad dealings with this company. They have added excessive charges to my loan that was paid in full. They state that I owe some odd four thousand dollars due to deferment of 4 payments . The monthly payment was only $415.33.When ask for explanation in writing or by phone no one responded . This company is awful and they should be brought up on charges for illegal lending practices.
    The original payoff was 10/17/2013 then extended to 1/25/2014 now they have extended again to 3/25/2014 with more charges entrances. They call me no more than 5 times daily but no message is left .

Mad..... Apr 07, 2014

I totally agree with everyone. I got a 2006 Nissan Altima in 2012. I paid 17, 074 for it and as of 4/2014 they told me I owe 16, 334. REALLY, my payments are $489 which means that I paid them 11, 113. Where is my money and how is this legal. Please help me...I am tired of being ripped off. I will never pay off this old car.

• Cy
    cymantha Sep 29, 2019

@Mad..... I am in the same situation as you I have paid 30, 000 already on a 17, 000 loan and they saying I still owe 13, 000 what have you done we need to get a class action suit against Santander.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices