Santander Consumer USAJoin in on the class action lawsuit

O Review updated:

Join in on the class action lawsuit against santander consumer us!!! It will put a stop to this madness and unfair charges that they are charging people due to taking over a loan from hsbc, citifinancial auto, etc. Santander charged me interest on deferred payments that I had with cifinancial before they accured the loan. They will not show me documented charged and the amount that they charged me, they just told me I owe an addtional $6, 000 after my loan is payoff on 5/13/2013. This is unfair to many americans today. We seriously need to put a stop to this company!!!

Sandra Lung Abla Jan 26, 2021

I am paying back nearly 41, 000 on a car worth 16, 000 that I bought because my other car quit. I was in a live bankruptcy and was told this is the only place that would finance me. I found that to be odd and wrong later. It was a 2012 car. I have tried and tried to find out who to contact on this law suit for I am in my last few months of paying off a car that I was charged nearly 3 times the amount of its worth. I was definately one of the ones they took advantage of and I was never sent a post card. Can someone please tell me who I can call about this. thanks

Ann001 Feb 22, 2021

@Sandra Lung Abla I understand your situation I am paying back about 47, 000 for a car that is worth 26, 000 this month only $95 was paid towards my principal and $615 went towards the interest when I spoke to the representative this morning she told me that’s just how it works I wish someone can do some thing about this I would like to join this lawsuit as well
    [email protected]

• Vi
    Vincent Logan Jan 01, 2021

Santander still trying to make me pay for a auto after the lawsuit settlement. They settle the $45 million as of Dec. 31, 2019. My auto was never repossessed. They need to sent me my title and forgive the balance as the settlement states.

• Do
    Donnie Bacon Feb 05, 2021

@Vincent Logan my name is Donnie Bacon my car has not been repoed and I have lost my sall businesses shop due o covd and santander said if I made 6 on time payments they could refinance and get my payments lower this was when I first got car they lied and now they have sent me a letter stating they are going to repo my car after Attorney General of Ga stated I was in the lawsuit and that they had sent card, I should have been forgiving for my loan and mailed my title per attorney general of Ga. but I have gotten nothing but letters threatening repo and 3 calls a day including Sunday about I need to pay my pastdue loan, I guess I need to know who is over the attorney general because nothing has taking place with santander but a slap on the hand, and I can not afford an attorney for something I have not done wrong. I demand santander to hault all business dealings right now and all customers be giving there titles and also an A + rating on there credit and for santander's business doors to be closed and to put theses criminals in jail period. my next step will be a loud one because in God I Trust !!!

• Je
    Jessica Kincaid Nov 10, 2020

I would like to be a part of this lawsuit. How can I join? Please send to email. [email protected]

@Jessica Kincaid Jessica,
    An independent administrator is managing all questions and claims relative to the legal settlement with the attorneys general of several states. For information regarding the settlement and updates, please visit the website listed below. Thank you. ^VS

• Do
    Donald Montgomery Oct 16, 2020

They are a joke and so over charge everybody with fees that don't exist. I hope they get shut down seems they have I cant even locate my account

@Donald Montgomery Donald,
    We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience.
    Please, give us a call at [protected], and one of our representatives will be happy to address your concerns. Our hours of operation are M-F, 7a-9p CST. Sat 7a-5p CST and closed on Sunday. Thank you. ^VS

• Ra
    [email protected] Oct 05, 2020

My story is no different from everyone else regarding bad practices with Santander. I paid over $20, 000 plus a trade-in on a $26, 000 car. Lost my job, surrender the car and they charged off the balance of $14, 332 then turned around and placed it back on my credit report as a Balance Due of $14, 332. Then changed the car surrender to a repossession.

@[email protected] Hello,
    We're sorry to hear about this situation, and will be happy to address your concerns. Please give us a call at [protected]. Our hours of operation are M-F, 7a-9p CST. Sat 7a-5p CST and closed on Sunday. One of our representatives will be happy to assist. Thank you. ^VS

Marlene13 Oct 01, 2020

Santander recently put a Lien on my credit. I still have my car and am paying. This is something from 2014.

@Marlene13 Hello,
    We're sorry to hear about this, and would be happy to address your concern. Please, give us a call at [protected]. Our hours of operation are M-F, 7a-9p CST. Sat 7a-5p CST and closed on Sunday. One of our representatives would be happy to assist. Thank you. ^VS

ConcernedGA Sep 01, 2020

I had tremendous problems with Santander. I purchased a used car. The car was only about $10, 000. Every time I would make a payment, they would tell me I did not pay enough and I was told to pay more. They repossessed my car at least 5 times. The last time, they repossessed it, they told me, I had until my payday to make the payment. They came one day early and as usual took the car in the middle of the night. The repo guy felt so bad, he knocked on my door and gave me my belongings out of the car. The next day when I went to get the car, they had it taken to Pennsylvania. I had to drive from NJ to Pennsylvania to a little off the wall town. I finally saw and ad offering $5, 000 for any car, they would give me a new one. I drove to New Brunswick for the car. Based on the record work from Santander, I owed $5, 000. When the dealer called them they told him, they had to pay $6, 000. and that was the amount I owed. For a long time I called them loan sharks. They actually had so many illegal practices it was a shame. I was wondering how they actually progress. If there is a class action suit, I should receive money back.

Cheryl Fonner Sep 01, 2020

I would like to be contacted by a legitimate Attorney to discuss my options and not by their attorneys to be duped yet again.

Cheryl Fonner Sep 01, 2020

I made payments and tried to work with them and they still repossessed my car and what they say i owed is incorrect. the processing fees, hidden fees, high interest, charging 3x the cars original value is ridiculous. I never received correct information where the car was auctioned. I never received correct information on what the car was sold for. I owe more than what the original purchase price was. None of my payments seem to have been applied to the car.

• Na
    Naynay053162 Aug 27, 2020

Because they are predators I have been paying more than the monthly payments. I have asked to add the additional payments to the principal so my interest will be lower, but they will not and continue to add their high interest rate. They need to stop preying on people! I'm so over them. They have been by far the WORST!!!

Angela Cooke Aug 07, 2020

It seems pretty much like we all got scammed so what do we do about it. how can we take part in this class action lawsuit. they targeted individuals who credit wasn't that great to begin with then stuck us with high interest loans knowing that we had a 705 chance of defaulting on the loans anyway.

Noemi Santos Jul 20, 2020

OMG this has been my worst experience. When you have a balance your interest should go down as well but not with SANTANDER! I have a car loan and my interest varies from month to month. Now mind you the car payment is $256 and I have been paying $600 a month to pay it off but the balance is still super high. They need to make this company go bankrupt!!!

• Au
    Audrey Lawrence Jul 12, 2020

How can I join lawsuit please provide me the information I've bought a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze and I'll owing them and they took the Car back, so please sent me the information [email protected]

• Kh
    khristi Jul 07, 2020

Hello,
    How can I join the lawsuit please provide me the information I've had a 2016 malibu for 4 years now going on 5 years and I've paid constantly on the car and I'm still owing 22K when I purchased the car for 26K

• Pu
    purkhiser Jun 19, 2020

I paid off my auto loan about 4 04 5 year ago, (maybe more) I went to license branch and they say there is still a lien on the auto. You never sent me my title or a lien release to take to the license branch. I am contacting you to get that lien released and get the title to the car. You can give me a call [protected] or you can fax you contact info to me at [protected] (preferred). I have tried to call the various numbers (title dept and etc) and can not get in touch with anyone. Please lets gets this problem settled.

• Tb
    T.Book Jun 04, 2020

How do I join the class action lawsuit? please email me [email protected]

• Ki
    Kimboli3238 Jun 04, 2020

Kadams How do I join the lawsuit?

• Ve
    veronica keys Jun 01, 2020

I would like to be included. I purchase y car through Mile One and my loan was sold to Santander. I miss one payment and was told that I had nothing to worry about only to have my car repossessed. My car note was 500.00 per month with a very high interest rate.

• Au
    Audrey Lawrence Jul 12, 2020

@veronica keys my car was 500.00 to and didn't work with me

• Ad
    Adrienne c smith May 31, 2020

I want to be included. I was forced but Santander to get a more expensive vehicle than I wanted and I bought my car 5 days after my chapter 7 was discharged. I had a very low credit score. I pay $570 a month and most goes to interest and not principle. I've paid over a year and still owe $25000 when I pay $570 a month! My interest rate is 18%

Connie Banks May 20, 2020

Please tell me what I need to do to join this lawsuit. In 2006 I purchased a vehicle through HSBC for $11, 000.00, then Santander took over the loan, by the time I paid it off in 2012 I paid over $27, 000.00

[email protected] May 20, 2020

how do I join??
    [email protected]

• Mi
    Missy Joi Harvey May 20, 2020

i am in the same situation which I know I have paid almost 30, 000 an a loan that was only for 18, 000 on a Nissan sentra 2015 which the transmission went out on the call what do I need to do to be joined in the class action suit process against Santander

• Sh
    Sharonda Ballinger May 20, 2020

How do I join the class action lawsuit? please email me back [email protected]

• Tr
    Trina Bailey Mar 09, 2020

I purchase a 2011 bmw x5 on 12/19/2016. it was stolen on 01/03/2018. my car insurance paid it off the majority. but, I was left with a balance in which I seetled out on march 29th, 2019. this agreement was made with gateway one lending it was made via phone call which should have a detailed record because they are recorded. I and gateway one lending agreed for the full amount settled ($616.50) to be taken out my account and no further collections would be done. I was reassured this one payment was to settle out my account to a zero balance. however, today one year later from my settlement I receieved a notice stating that I have a balance of $244.38.00. which is incorrect the payment I agreed to pay on march 29th, 2019 was my debt settlement amount. santander consumer usa, inc. can not give me an explanation as to how or why my account has been mismanaged. and, trying to collect on a debt that was settled out by the orignal finance company is breach a verbal agreement made between myself and the original contract owner and zombie debt. I have requested the verbal recording of the phone calls from 03/28/2019 and 03/29/2019. because, every call is recorded. if there has been an error it was not on my part I agreed to pay the settlement amount in full and did not dispute the amount to be taken on 03/29/2019. if the full amount differed from what gateway one leading took that error was on the customer rep behalf, and not my own. this company is also trying to state that the agreement was for 615.60 and the gateway one lending rep only took $616.00 out of my account again that error was not on my behalf that was solely on the a/r rep for gateway one lending rep. this error was not on my part and the rep handling my account should be held accountable not myself. I would like for this company to pull the original calls on march 28th and 29th, 2019. to see that what I state is factual and true I would like for this company to not breach contract on the verbal agreement made between myself and the original leading company. so, that this account can reflect closed and paid in full as it states on my credit report from gateway one leading.

• Fi
    Fight for Rights Nov 04, 2019

This Company is notorious for robbing it's consumers. They have been ordered to pay 25 million in one class action suit and 12.5 million in another. My situation is just as bad as all of the others if not worse and I am infuriated. We all need to ban together and file the Class Action Lawsuit and not just vent about it. I believe we have to have a certain number of people in order for a Law Firm to take on the case so if anyone is genuinely interested in pursuing this further please email me at [email protected] and Reference Class Action against Santander. I will add you to a contact list and keep each of you updated as the number grows so that I can find Legal Representation for us. Anyone interested is also able to find interested Law Firms that we can go to but the first step is connecting and joining together. I look forward to hearing from each of you so we can get the ball rolling. I have 5 people that are ready to go right now.

• Fi
    Fight for Rights Nov 04, 2019

@Fight for Rights I tried to post my email address but the system blocks it! So I will try again. Anyone interested in pursuing this further, Inbox me on Facebook under Tia Spells. Hopefully this will not be blocked.

• Fa
    Faith Paxton Oct 29, 2019

Got a loan with Santander consumer in July 2016. Never missed a payment and total balance is still same as orginal loan. How is that possible?
    Did anyone ever get ingo for joining class action suit.

• Cy
    cymantha Sep 29, 2019

I STRONGLY AGREE SANTANDER IS A COMPLETE RIPP OFF AND NEEDS TO BE SUED I PURCHASED A CAR IN 2012 FOR 17, 000 AND MATURE DATE IS UP THIS YEAR IN OCT 2019 HAVE ALREADY PAID THIS COMPANY OVER 30, 000 AND THEY SAYING STILL OWE 13, 000 SAYING ALL THE MONEY WENT TO THE INTEREST MOSTLY AND THAT FOR THE FIRST 4 YEARS ALL THE MONEY WENT TOWARDS THE INTEREST NOT HARDLY NONE TOWARDS THE PRINCIPAL I NEED TO SPEAK TO ANYONE THAT'S GOING AFTER THESE CROOKS THEY NEED TO BE EXPOSED THIS COMPANY IS TRULY RIPPING PEOPLE OFF IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP I WILL TRULY APPRECIATE IT MY EMAIL IS [email protected] THANK YOU.

• Eb
    EbonyB Jul 15, 2019

How can I join lawsuit?

• Se
    Sean Deaver Jul 22, 2019

@EbonyB https://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/lawsuit/santander-faces-class-action-lawsuit-over-fair-debt.html

• Cb
    CBell13 Jun 28, 2019

I've just recently encountered some of the same issues that you all are having. I've made all my payments two weeks early, but some how I've been reported to the credit bureau, as being late. Tried contacting the company, and no one seems to know anything about anything, other than I owe them money, that has been taken from my bank however not applied to my car payments. So now that I'm being reported they are tacking on ridiculous charges, this is just not right.

• Jl
    JLINAnon Aug 29, 2019

@CBell13 File a dispute with the credit bureau and usually they are pretty good about resolving issues like this. I filed a dispute over the same issue with this company, transunion deleted the account from my credit report and Experian shows the account is closed. Not sure why on that one but also shows 100% on time payments, none of my other accounts have been paid late either. I use credit karma easy to file disputes online or through the app

• Wi
    William Jimenez Jun 17, 2019

How do we join the class action law suit?

• Ae
    AEvans83 May 08, 2019

I am in the same position with Santander & the high interest rates, I have paid close to $500/month for 21 months. My pay off is 3k higher than the original loan itself. Due to all kinds of fee's & 2 missed payments (over the course of 21 months) my car was repoed even though I have not stopped paying. Due to circumstances a payment was missed & picked back up the next month. I was never offered any type of deferment or specialized payment plan. Last payment was made less than 30 days ago. Come out from work & my car is gone. The amount to reinstate my loan & get the car back is more than $1100 over what they say I owe for the missed payments. I would like to be part of this lawsuit. Please instruct me on how to find out more info. Santander is crooked & taking advantage of honest working, bill paying people. This needs to stop.

Someone please respond with instruction to: [email protected]

• Sp
    SPBoyd May 05, 2019

Update we have paid $8280 On our 2018 Nissan Altima after 12 months and we more the original loan that we purchased. Please help! This Company is destroying people.

• Sp
    SPBoyd May 05, 2019

How do you get in on the class action lawsuit, we have $8280 on our 2018 Nissan altima for 12 months and we owe more than we borrowed. Santander is total crooks and are doing unethical business practices, you will never paid the loan off.

• Am
    Amanda Poll May 05, 2019

We bought a truck and financed though santander. They call my husband and my phone many times a day all days of the week. My husband has given them permission to talk to me but they wont do it. They say they need his permission every time. He cant do it since he works out of town and different shifts. We bought our truck almost 3 and half years ago and still owe over 17, 000. I hate this company. How do I find out more info on the class action lawsuit? Please email me at [email protected]

Corinne Coke Rensi Apr 25, 2019

How can I join the class action lawsuit

• Bo
    Bobby Patteon Apr 19, 2019

I agree with everyone. I got a 2014 Dodge Charger. I paid 18, 000 for it on 12/2015 plus interest. I have had this car for 3 years and Santander charge me $15, 000 for my payoff. Where is all the money I have paid them in 3 years. I was paying $569 a month. Help me get my money back.

Bobby Patton

• Gl
    Gloria Berryhill-Sims Apr 05, 2019

They were supposed to send me my car title over a year ago. I moved to GA from TX and still have not received it. GA gave me a year to receive it from Santander, well I'm still waiting. Now I can't work, so I'm losing money. The customer service is horrendous, terrible and horrible!!!

• Bg
    [email protected] Mar 29, 2019

Is this law suit still pending? How can I join it? We have had a loan since 2012 and still owe over half of the principle and never been late. Please contact me with information [email protected]

• Pe
    pepperbofb2 Jan 17, 2019

Santander is the worst and a big part of California debt and the California Attorney Generals office should do the same as Massachusetts this is so unfair they are able to do this to us. They continue to allow dealers to increase income behind customers backs. Everyone needs to file a claim with the Sacramento AG office and hopefully we can get some justice too, I have.

• Da
    David Aponte Jan 02, 2019

I’m in the same boat I got a Nissan 25, 000 in 2015 after 3 years the said I Own 26, 000 more that the loan is worth this is a rip off please contact me at([protected] david