salliemae — False Forbearance
SallieMae placed my loans into forbearance without my knowledge or consent, even though I've made my payments on time every month. When I asked the supervisor to fax me a copy of the form they claimed they had on file with my signature, he refused. They said they could only mail the form via regular mail. As a result of this involuntary forbearance, I was marked as delinquent on this month's payment, accrued additional interest, and lost the interest rate deductions I earned by making on-time payments. When I asked to have my reductions restored, I was told a request needed to be submitted to a manager. When I asked for a number and a contact so I could follow up with the request, I was told that was not possible. Additionally, some of my loans have not had any payments applied to the principal - only to the interest. When I called to ask why this was happening, I was given the explanation as to why interest accrues, but nothing more. I always speak with someone with a heavy accent, and as a result either do not understand what they are explaining, or they do not understand my questions.
More salliemae Complaints & Reviews
- Sallie Mae - Student loans
- Sallie Mae - Scams, scams and more scams
- Sallie Mae Financial Services - Billing statements not sent!
- Sallie Mae - Private Loan Forbearance
- Sallie Mae - Scam and cheating!
- Sallie Mae - Liars and Have a Monopoly
- Sallie Mae - Worst Customer Service
- Sallie Mae//chase Bank - Cotinues of calls at home and at work
- Sallie Mae - Terrible service!
- Sallie Mae - High interest rate and taking money