Saks 5th Averacial profiling

R

It all happened when me and my friend who is hispanic and am black we went in the saks 5th ave store we purchased 2pairs of puma sneakers payed cash then left the store about 2minutes after we left the store the security and a store clerk who are both caucasians approached us publicly, accusing us of stealing. 'their claim was a woman saw us switch our old shoes an walked out. All they had to do was look at our feet and notice that the sneakers we are wearing their store do not carry that brand. But they were so sure that the black guy and the hispanic were thieves. Their judgment were totally impaired. It was so upsetting to us that we both ask for a refund. And received no apology. I guess thats saks 5th ave way of customer service towards blacks and hispanics.

• Updated by Valued customer Saks · Aug 25, 2018

Tony Mondoza - Was too busy on his phone showing a co worker nude guys and could not be bothered to help any customers. Why does saks allow this behavior?

There are small children in these area and Saks need to protect customer not run them away.

• Ya
    yasnabil NJ Jun 25, 2019

I filed a case and was asked to send my invoice by Fax, as you know Fax machines have become old fashioned and not available. in 2019 either email address or even better whatsApp are currently in use. Please provide me with an email address to send the documents requested by Dispute Dept.

Dr. Nabil Al Tawil
    [email protected]

Comments

• Va
    Valued customer Saks Sep 01, 2018

Tony Mendoza. - This guy has 2 DUI, no driver licence, blows in to a tube while driving the suv illegally. Does Saks not screen employee anymore? I don't want this kind of person handling my credit card for purchases

• Bl
    Black Beauty Jul 25, 2013

My family was also profiled at SAKS 5th Avenue. I was looking at costume jewely costume jewelry "LOL" As soon as my husband comes up with my young daughter, here comes a man rearranging scarves, some of the jewelry, whatever he could find to stay there while I was looking. I saw my husband getting angry and ready to say something. At that point, to prevent a scene, I said to my husband and daughter lets go.I tossed the stuff I was looking at back on the counter (he really did have something to staightenen then.). My husband and I both make very good money. Did this idiot really think we were working as a team to steal costume jewelry? I guess so. Immediately after we walked away, a cucasian lady come up and started looking. The male associate left right away.

• Ha
    ha.miller00 Jun 17, 2009

maybe you shouldn't be carrying around a MAN PURSE. It is not the fact that you are black (which by the way, any and every issue blacks ever have is "racist" to them) it is because a male carrying a purse is out of the ordinary and LOOKS suspicious. Maybe you should join this century and get on the same page as everyone else. Also, you just "racially profiled" everyone else by saying, "Start checking every women's purse and shopping bag and not only your black customers." Get over yourself already and quit giving people a reason to doubt you.

• Er
    Eric Apr 29, 2009

If you are black and shop at this store U are followed. I was told I cannot take a man purse into fitting Rm. I had to check it. Mean while every one else is allowed to take shopping bags into fitting Rm, even strollers with shopping bags in them. My bag was 50 x smaller than average women's purse. Start checking every women's purse and shopping bag and not only your black customers. that is called RACIAL PROFILING.

• Ru
    ruguo1414 Feb 17, 2009

==www.8thgame.com==
    serve your cheapest runescape golds!
    also we serve fastest & safest powerleveling!
    come to our site, you'll be richer, you'll have more funny.
    you'll enjoy your journey in silkroad.

• Ro
    Roxanne Feb 17, 2009

Thats messed up, boycott Saks! I hate racial profiling.

• Ke
    Kelli Aug 07, 2008

wow, that's pretty bad.

• Ri
    RICARDO SWEET Jul 19, 2008

IT ALL HAPPENED WHEN ME AND MY FRIEND WHO IS HISPANIC AND AM BLACK WE WENT IN THE SAKS 5TH AVE STORE WE PURCHASED 2PAIRS OF PUMA SNEAKERS PAYED CASH THEN LEFT THE STORE ABOUT 2MINUTES AFTER WE LEFT THE STORE THE SECURITY AND A STORE CLERK WHO ARE BOTH CAUCASIANS APPROACHED US PUBLICLY, ACCUSING US OF STEALING . 'THEIR CLAIM WAS A WOMAN SAW US SWITCH OUR OLD SHOES AN WALKED OUT.ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS LOOK AT OUR FEET AND NOTICE THAT THE SNEAKERS WE ARE WEARING THEIR STORE DO NOT CARRY THAT BRAND.BUT THEY WERE SO SURE THAT THE BLACK GUY AND THE HISPANIC WERE THIEVES .THEIR JUDGMENT WERE TOTALLY IMPAIRED.IT WAS SO UPSETTING TO US THAT WE BOTH ASK FOR A REFUND. AND RECEIVED NO APOLOGY .I GUESS THATS SAKS 5TH AVE WAY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE TOWARDS BLACKS AND HISPANICS.