RpmCalling for a Verizon bill we settled

E

We settled a debt with Verizon in 2007 and out of nowhere get a call this week from a company called RPM saying we did not pay $69 due. After probing a bit more to understand where and what account this company was asking to collect from and asking for additional documentation, the collector "Travis" became defensive and rude and said he was just a collection agency and we need to pay up. Good thing we had the history - and google search to check on what was up. Very frustrating...

• Mi
    Michelle Reen Jul 16, 2011

I think someone needs to go after this company, they have been calling me constantly for about 2 week about a Verizon Wireless bill. They told me I owed $499.69 on a bill. The guy that called me was so rude I told him I would contact Verizon directly. He told me I should just pay up! I have been trying to get ahold of Verizon but so far, since I dont know the account number, I am getting no where. A few days after this call I got a bill in the mail for $130! I dont know whats going on! They call me every day all day, I honestly get about 15 calls a day! I have asked them to stop calling but they have not. I honestly feel harrassed at this point and I dont think this bill is mind!!

• Jy
    jyanonis Jun 30, 2011

I too just received a call from RPM stating that Verizon turned my unpaid debt into them and that I owed them $469! I have had verizon for many yeras and have always been in good standing and pay my bill on time so I questioned further and found out it was for verizon internet which I have never had! I asked that they send me a copy of the bill or collection in question and she refused to send me a statement. I told her that I would not have any dealings with her and she hung up on me! I got a weird sense of what was going on so I searched for RPM online and sure enough, I find out that they pretty much are just trying to scam people! How do they continue to get away with this??