RoundPoint Mortgage Servicingenormous increase in hazard insurance

Roundpoint has raised my hazard insurance from $5 a year to $4, 000. This has raised my mortgage payment $500 a MONTH. Ridiculous. Hazard insurance??? Why?? This is clearly fraudulent, and I'll be consulting attorney. Does anyone have any advice? I haven't gone through the phone battle yet as I just got the bill, so if anyone has a tip, I'd appreciate it. I know a lot of ppl are in similar circumstances. Class action? Sign me up.

• Updated by Lovemutts · Aug 20, 2017

I don't consider opinions from ppl not affected by this issue.

• Updated by Lovemutts · Aug 20, 2017

Really? Because that's exactly what they did. So go ahead and educated YOURself about corruption in the mortgage industry ! I've seen class action suits against Wells Fargo, b of a and chase. So don't presume to tell me what you think is some stellar industry. If you're not involved, and it's not happened to you, be gone. Ridiculous! No one to blame but yourself. I wonder which song you'll sing when it happens to you.
    I don't want your sanctimonious opinion. You don't matter. Keep it to yourself thanks.

SWH47 Aug 19, 2017

I don't work for this company nor any affiliation. After reading most about RPM, the solution is crystal clear for most of you. Educate yourself about what a mortgage is, and read your Note that YOU signed when buyers ng the home! RPM did NOT raise your insurance! Suggestion, sell and rent a place. Mtg companies can't raise insurance, property taxes, and if on a fixed rate, unable to change the rate either! But, instead of fixing the issue, best to place blame on anyone but yourself. #Ridiculous

SWH47 Aug 19, 2017

This feed has too many people looking for a handout wanting to stay in their home without paying for it! Your initial paperwork states clearly that without on-time payments for "X" years, your home can go into d fault! Almost better than 90% are mad because the big bad Mortgage company will not Modify their loan? Make the payment or sell and rent! The great American Pity Party must stop.

SWH47 Aug 20, 2017

Poor luvmutts...home insurance increased and it's the lenders fault! WRONG! You either let yours lapse and have forced placed insurance or had claims which can also increase premium. Call your Agent and find out why, but stop posting dribble about your horrible lender did it! Only the ignorant would do so. Also please, Wells, B of A, and Chase are NOT Mortgage companies, rather Federally Insured BANKS! Yes, they are crooks, and hope all who maliciously hurt others acting as a fiduciary go to jail! There are/were some unscrupulous Mtg lenders, realtors, appraisers AND. consumers who also need to rot in prison! However the SAFE Act has restrictions in place to include background, licensure and continued education to better keep the riffraff out of the industry (all except later an officers in an FDIC Bank! i.e. Chase, Wells and B of A are NOT LICENSED!).
    Yes luv, I know this industry well and have ALWAYS been compliant is state/federal law, always served my clients with integrity and care! However as I see ridiculous accusations online, and a Site like this who doesn't give any recommendations and or advice, I get more than irritated seeing consumers ready to blame a lender for something they can't control! (Like your insurance! Sorry, but they can't increase premium on insurance). Bottom line, taxes increase, insurance iincreases, and it's really your responsibility. Suggest call your agent and or find another company!