Rocket Lawyerno way of cancelling

D Review updated:

They offer you one week free trial. Then when you call to cancel they make it impossible to do so. When you select the option you think you need, it's wrong. Then they transfer you and it's the wrong option again. Their phones are apparently faulty, you finally give up. Try canceling online. There is no option to do that. You go over your 1 week free trial, you get charged $39.95 for one month subscription. What a scam. Watch out people. Try another company.

• Kr
    Kristen Michelle Mentasti Oct 01, 2018

This site gives lawyers a bad reputation. STAY AWAY FROM ROCKET LAWYER.

• Wi
    willowb Feb 16, 2017

I looked for "Free living will templates " and got Rocketlawyer. I filled the thing out and then found I had to pay $20.00 to get it printed! That is NOT a free template. Luckily, I did not fill in the payment information since so many people have complained that ithe is so hard to cancel. And nowhere does it say they will charge $39.95 a month until after you fill in payment information.

• Go
    Got Moxie Apr 14, 2016

I used them to create a POA in regards to helping my dad with finances. During the free trial I asked one question which they promptly answered. I had no issues canceling with them. I would use them again.

• Wo
    Woofster Jul 03, 2014

To last poster who 'backed out of the billing information'. I also backed out of the 'free trial' after being asked for my billing info. However, I did receive an email confirming my 'registration' with Rocket Lawyer only moments later. I made an immediate quick call to make sure no billing info was taken (I did not include they exp date) and to 'cancel' my request immediately as I had just 'retained legal counsel'. That last statement seemed to send a clear message and was told by the representative that they did not have my billing so no charges were made or would be made. Be very careful and read the fine print, research the companies online first. These ARE NOT lawyers but middle men who 'direct/recommend' you to a lawyer...very misleading!

• Th
    thedoc2 Jun 30, 2014

I shared no billing information upon signing up. While making an account, I attempted to back out (seeing they wanted my billing information), thinking that if I didn't complete the setup process, the form for my account would not be completed, nullifying my entered information. Yet, I found today that, in fact, I do have an account. But since I entered no billing information, have I dodged the scam discussed above?

• Ni
    Nicegirl May 15, 2014

They are getting more deceitful. I canceled/downgraded my membership online. They offered me a full year for the price of the one month membership during that process but I canceled anyway since the document was not useful to me. But a week later they charged my account anyway. I checked back and I had to cancel/downgrade my account at least 3 times. (GET A SCREENSHOT of your cancellation). I requested a refund and was DENIED because I canceled 2 days after they charged my card and not before. I told them that I had canceled my account and they said well prove it and send them the email confirmation. I didn't get one but they did eventually send me one 9 days later. SCAM stay away.

• Sw
    S Walk Mar 09, 2014

Awful experience regarding getting legal help (got run around), and trying to cancel (not yet done successfully).
    Scam - will be fighting them with creditcard.

• Te
    tester007 Sep 11, 2012

THESE PEOPLE ARE INTENTIONAL CROOKS. YES YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR TOES AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT BUT THEIR PROCESS IS INTENTIONALLY FLAWED. YOU CANNOT DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT FROM THEIR SITE. THEY FORCE YOU TO "END FREE TRIAL" AND "DOWNGRADE" TO A BASIC PLAN WHICH IS 9.99. THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU ANOTHER FREE TRIAL BUT YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO GO THRU THE PROCESS AGAIN.

HERE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DELETE YOUR ROCKETLAWYER.COM ACCOUNT: Login and delete all of you current and past documents. Then send an email sayind "delete account #________" in the subject line and also in the body. Also include in the body that all your documents are deleted. This is a scam.

• Ds
    DS88 Sep 28, 2020

@tester007 they have hidden any access to account number - any idea where to find it?

• Cr
    Cretia P Jul 24, 2012

I submitted an online cancellation on 7/21 and they billed me AGAIN on 7/23.

• Es
    Estef Nov 22, 2010

The same thing happened to me! I could not cancel on time and now that I was finally able to speak with someone on the phone she said that they MIGHT give me a refund. They charged me 100 dls !!!