Rocket Lawyerunauthorized charges

W

I bought a product and paid more for it because I hit the "one time purchase, no trial subsciption button. They continued to charge my credit card for a subscription until I caught it. Been getting the run-around from them, but I am not giving up. I know how to be a thorn in the butt.

• Da
    Dale Knapinski Mar 28, 2018

I have to agree that the monthly charge system is flawed, in Rocket Lawyer's favor. I did get a refund, but the Rocket Lawyer website is set up in a way that, in my opinion, deliberately confuses customers, and takes advantage of the consumer.
    I wonder how many people other consumers were set up in a confusing monthly program for which they received no benefit, but paid a monthly fee.
    I agree this is a scam concocted by lawyers.

• Je
    Jennifer Paulus Sep 12, 2012

Hi my name is Jennifer Paulus I am the Customer Service Manager here at Rocket Lawyer. I apologize that you had problems downgrading your account. You can downgrade to a Free Membership level that does not require a monthly payment. I will be happy to assist you with your account please feel free to contact me direct at [protected] ext 9002 or e-mail me at [email protected] .

• Te
    tester007 Sep 11, 2012

THESE PEOPLE ARE INTENTIONAL CROOKS. YES YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR TOES AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT BUT THEIR PROCESS IS INTENTIONALLY FLAWED. YOU CANNOT DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT FROM THEIR SITE. THEY FORCE YOU TO "END FREE TRIAL" AND "DOWNGRADE" TO A BASIC PLAN WHICH IS 9.99. THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU ANOTHER FREE TRIAL BUT YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO GO THRU THE PROCESS AGAIN.

HERE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DELETE YOUR ROCKETLAWYER.COM ACCOUNT: Login and delete all of you current and past documents. Then send an email sayind "delete account #________" in the subject line and also in the body. Also include in the body that all your documents are deleted. This is a scam.

• Jw
    jwhelan Jan 11, 2012

Hi
    My name is John Whelan and I head up Customer Support for Rocket Lawyer. I'm sorry for any problems you may be having and would be happy to try to assist you. Please email me at [email protected] with your account and contact information and I will investigate to see how we can resolve this. You can also call me directly at [protected]. I can assure you that if you chose a one time purchase, you should not have incurred any sort of recurring charges.

• Li
    lisa C Alex Aug 30, 2010

After making it crystal clear that I was not interested at this point to be signed up for their monthly membership which ...which charges your credit card...I look at my statement and they had gone ahead and charged me...not only that I had to take time to leave work, go talk to the bank and talk with the people at Rocket Lawyer, whom were very defensive I might add and I still almost 6 days later have yet to see the credit returned to me... Its hard enough to run a business then to have to deal with kind of situation...a subpar company without a moral compass