Rochester — bad service and terrible quality furniture
Rochester...Where do I begin? It started last year December when we made the fateful mistake of walking into a Rochester store. We saw what looked like a nice matching set of a couch & 2 occasional chairs. We did the deed, paid for the entire set. They informed us that the 2 occasional chairs would be delivered early next year, not such a biggy because we were going away for December. They delivered the 1 couch about 2 weeks after purchase. Now the fun begins:
- We paid for scotch guard but discovered that the couch had not been scotch guarded. When spilling WATER on the couch, it left yellow water marks, as though someone had peed on it.
- One of the back cushions was puffy and the other rather empty of filling.
- They never once phoned us in the new year to let us know when the 2 occasional chairs were expected to be delivered, we had to chase them.
- With the bad service we decided we would rather cancel our order, they said that we would have to pay R99 a day for usage of the couch that was delivered. So our hands were tied.
- After waiting exactly 3 MONTHS, the 2 occasional chairs were delivered.
- The chairs were both delivered lopsided as each chair had missing tile protector feet.
- Later we discovered a hole in the wood in one arm rest of each chair, as though they had made space for a cup holder and then covered it with material. You can put your elbow or thumb through the material. Later I lent on the arm rest & have made more holes.
- We then inspected the other couch properly and found that there is a protruding piece of wood, apart of the frame, which over time will wear a hole in the material.
- After many trips and phone calls to the store, to try get some kind of justification out of them and after waiting 2 weeks from complaining about the quality because Rochester only has one lady dealing with complaints, and trust me they have hundreds, was off sick, someone came to inspect the furniture and found all complaints to be true.
- It's a week now since the inspection and I have just received a mail from the complaints lady, who was off sick again stating that she's waiting for her managers approval to come and clean the couch from water marks and scotch guard them and fix the chairs! Forgive me for not wanting this furniture at all!
ROCHESTER, IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS NOW AND WE HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT WITH YOU. COME AND COLLECT YOUR WORSE THAN BELOW SUB-STANDARD FURNITURE BEFORE WE COME AND DROP IT OFF AT YOUR STONERIDGE STORE!!
Regards, Lindsay Minuzzo
More Rochester Complaints & Reviews
- Rochester Home Decor - Badly manufacturered furniture
- Rochester Furnishers - late arrival of furniture 
- Rochester Furniture - strubensvalley - sad sad sad
- Rochester Furniture - couches 
- Rochester Furniture - bad service and no refund received
- Rochester Furniture - no delivery of lounge suit after 10 weeks and full payment.
- Rochester Furniture - terrible service from the strubensvalley branch
- Rochester Furniture - after sale service
- Rochester Furniture - terrible service!!!
- Rochester Furniture - special order lounge suite - non delivery