Having problems with HomeDecorators?

3074 Chastain Meadows Parkway
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

carmichael hickory flooring

Loved the look of this product. installed it throughout our home, right way noticed seams not locking, and the flooring is now lifting causing a serious tripping hazard, this flooring is now starting to lift at a lot of joints, very disappointed with this product
Sadly we have bought enough to complete our entire home, but now don't want to continue laying it down because of the joint issues
Is there any fix to this problem,,,,
Other wise the flooring is very durable and I love it, but if there's not a fix I will be taking this all out of our home
Thanks
For any help
Tammy

laminate flooring

I have laid laminate flooring many times for many different clients. My clients will often provide materials to reduce their costs and I provide the professional installation. HomeDecorators brand laminate flooring is without a doubt the worst to install. I'm not sure who they have engineering their shoddy product but attempting a professionally finished product with their crap materials is a joke. Save yourself the time and money and purchase ANY OTHER PRODUCT. I am adding an upcharge to my services any time HomeDecorator brand materials are used. I hope the company goes bankrupt and their miserable design team loses their jobs, homes, marriages, and whatever little sanity they actually possess. Seriously, go f yourselves.

ethereal area rug 7 ft.10 ft.

I purchased this rug in September for my living room. We put a new floor down at the end of October and laid...

Home Decorators Collection

Horrible

I received the wrong chair and I got nothing but headache while dealing with Home Decorators. I want to warn everyone that Home Decorators is a highly unprofessional company, and if they mess up with your order be ready to go through a lot of hassle.
When I contacted them and explained that I received wrong order they literally didn't care and suggested me to keep it! I expected everything but not that!!
I spoke with them many times and only felt anger and rudeness.
I will not buy from them again, their service is the worst and people working there are the nastiest ever!

Very bad service and terrible support!

What a terrible store. Ordered some items from them and later I received a notification message that my order was no longer available. But it was still said on their site that these items were in stock.
I decided to contact HomeDecorators to ask what actually happened.
Their rep was rude, he told me that items were not in stock and refused to explain why did they provide such a misleading information which as a result caused me so much trouble.
After that I was promised a refund and according to their words I was supposed to get it within 7 days, but that didn't happen. When I contacted them again they rudely replied "just wait". Very bad service and terrible support! I will not buy from them again!

I will not order from them again!

I've ordered a kitchen set from www.homedecorators.com and was supposed to get a 10% discount, but they charged me the full price and discount did not work.
When I contacted customer service they said they had no idea what happened and told that there was nothing they could do. It was already too late to change anything. Terrible and absolutely useless customer service!
They did not even apologize, did not offer me a refund, nothing! I will not order from them again!

do not purchase

I have purchased a rug from www.homedecorators.com and later they contacted me and said that my order was no longer in stock. They asked me to pick something else so I decided to pick another rug and the same thing happened!
So I asked them to cancel my order and they said ok, but they never did that! They still have my money and it seems like they don't really care about that. Customer service replies very slowly and all I get is automated messages that make no sense. Avoid!

EXTREME REFUND DELAYS

I have inquired 4 times, each inquiry 2-3 weeks apart, about getting a return of funds for two items. One has not been shipped so i do not know what the problem is. I went ahead and accepted the other because it was said it was "in transit" but i was supposed to get 25% off for the delay and inconvenience. My last attempt was on 9/22 where i was told that the 25% would occur in 3 days and the refund up to 10 days. It is now 10/8, my account to date shows neither credit. I first inquired on 8/28, then 9/18, 9/29 and today 10/8. Each time a nice enough rep tells me they have placed the order for refund and to expect the 25% credit in 3 days and the refund within 10 days. This is ridiculous!!!

Junk

I ordered a pricey jewelry storage unit from homedecorators.com that was supposed to be solid wood. What I received was a beat up old piece of press board GLUED back together. It was obvious that it had been damaged BEFORE they shipped it. I guess they thought it was OK to send their garbage to an unsuspecting customer. When I contacted them for a refund they told me that as soon as they receive the damaged (uh, inferiorly made) item they'd give me my refund. And that it would take 7 days for me to receive the return label. (Every heard of email? Uh, CALLING UPS for a pick-up?) Sooo... after it took me nearly an hour to get the thing out of the box, after dragging it in the door when it weighs more than I do, I had to somehow piece back together the box and drag it back out to the front porch. All this took me way over an hour. An hour of valuable time wherein I had things to do. (Which is why I shop on-line to begin with.) The thing is sitting out there in the rain. I've contacted the FTC, the BBB, blogs and my bank to stop payment. I would NEVER buy a thing from those crooks again. And honestly, you shouldn't either. Don't be seduced by pretty pictures. They lie. And so do the "customer" reviews. All lies. These guys are criminals. Google it. Home Depot, Home Decorators, all crooks. And they'll never fool me again. Next, my lawyer. Class action anyone?

HomeDecorators.com

Rude customer service

I should have known from the first that this was going to be a bad experience. I walked into their Alpharetta, GA store in April and was ignored for the entire time I was there. This was a Friday afternoon--they were not even remotely busy enough to justify ignoring a client. I had employees walk right by me without even making eye contact.
I argued with myself all weekend, but I'd been looking for furniture for a few months and really only liked the stuff at Home Decorators. I called the store that Monday and spoke with the GM, Melissa, and told her my concerns for spending close to $1000 on two pieces of furniture when I couldn't even get a simple "hi" out of her sales people. She apologized profusely and offered me free shipping or free install. I bite. I had the double wide Mansard bookcase sent to my home (free) and the Mansard coffee table sent to the store for a free install.
Even more exciting everything was delivered that Friday (4/13). Unfortunately, the coffee table they put together was faulty so they had to order a new one for me. I hauled the 2x90lbs boxes into my house only to find out after opening the boxes that instead of sending me box A and box B of the bookcase, they sent me two box As. Please bear in mind, my house was in total chaos since I had had to move the old furniture out for the new furniture (supposedly) arriving that Friday.
On 4/14 I spoke to Jefferey the asst. mgr at the store and told him what happened and how unhappy I was by both my orders being screwed up. He apologized, said he'd order me box B and refund me 40%. He also told me that I had to rebox the second box A and that they would mail me a return UPS shipping label.
On 4/17, I called the customer service 800# to find out the tracking number for my re-ordered coffee table. I was told that even though the original was broken that they were not expediting the shipping but sending it out by truck to the store. By this time, I was quite upset by everything that had happened and my numerous phone calls. Jamie, a customer service manager, offered me $50 off the coffee table (the current promo going on) for my troubles.
On 4/18 I checked the UPS site which said that my box B had been delivered to my home. Of course there was no 90lb box waiting for me when I got home. Beyond aggravated, I called the store again and spoke to Andrea, another asst. mgr., and explained that my box was not there. After many phone calls between her, UPS and HD corporate office, she called me back and offered me 40% my coffee table, as they had already discounted the bookcase 40%.
I now have all my furniture and it looks great. However, I had to call the 800# on 4/26
and spoke to Brandy because a) I still have the original second box A, and b) I never received the $50 credit promised on 4/17. She said she'd get them both taken care of.

Today is 5/7 and I still have the original second box A, and b) I never received the $50 credit promised on 4/17. I just called the 800# (again!!) and spoke to a customer service manager, Kristin, who has just told me that I wouldn't be getting the promised $50 discount because I got the additional 40% taken off my order on 4/18--her reasoning being that the 4/18 discount was larger than the $50 discount which then negates it. I told her that I was promised the $50 and if there was a problem that I should have been told on 4/26.

As you can see, I've had nothing but difficulties from day one with HD. I appreciate the attempts that they've made to straighten out the situation and to make me happy, but I don't appreciate, after everything I've gone through, the remaining $50 promise being so rudely rescinded.

• Ca
    cah925 May 09, 2012

Within half hour of submitting this to this website and mailing it to the corp execs at Home Depot (the owners of Home Decorators) I received calls from two different people anxious to help me solve this problem.

They more than exceeded my expectations and all is well. cah925, Roswell, GA

Horrible customer service

I've never received such horrible customer service in my life. My original order was for a bed and a holiday decoration. A few days after placing the order online, I received an email that the bed order was cancelled. I called to question this and the customer service rep said it was a glitch in the system and that it really wasn't cancelled, but that my bed wouldn't be shipped for another month. That was fine. But then two days later, I saw that they charged me a 2nd time for the bed, taking money directly out of my checking account because I paid for the original order with my debit card. It took 10 days to get that money refunded. During which time I received an email stating my holiday decoration would not be shipped until Jan. 3rd. I called to cancel that because it would be too late at that point. I've had 5 different conservations with CS reps about this decoration and they assured me that it was cancelled and that I should receive my refund within 3-5 days. I called today as it's now on day 10, I still don't have my refund and the CS rep said it's not even cancelled in their system! I swear, I'm dealing with a bunch of freaking ###s!!! Will never purchase from this company again. They suck.

Exchange

I spoke to customer service to exchange a rug. The rug faded when spot cleaning. Poor quality. The woman said I could exchange it. So I ordered another rug at that time with the woman with the understanding that my credit card would be credited once the damaged rug was returned and processed. I received an email about a week after mailing rug back that they received and were processing. When my card hadn't been credited in a few days, I called customer service. They said they had sent me gift cards. I explained that is not what I had discussed with the woman I has spoken to. They said the gift cards could not be voided. I explained that I had already ordered and received a new rug which was more money and I was told because I bought something else my card would be credited. Otherwise I would have waited for the damaged rug to be returned and processed and used gift cards towards my new rug. Awful customers service!! I will never buy from them ever again...I have also filed a complaint with better business bureau

Fraudulent and unethical website

I bought a breakfast nook from homedecorators.com with the understanding of a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee for a full refund. I was not satisfied with the breakfast nook and returned it at my expense. Homedecorators.com is now saying the breakfast nook was returned damaged (which of course it wasn't damaged)and they refuse to refund my $1, 471.02. I asked what was damaged with it and naturally they tell me the manufacturer hasn't answered their email about it. I have looked up the manufacturer by the return address homedecorators.com gave me, and found a phone number for Thompson design Inc., which is not a working number, and the address for this non-working number doesn't match the return address homedecorators.com gave me, smell a big rat?

• Br
    Brian j Apr 13, 2011

A month ago, I returned an item to HomeDecorators.com and I've yet to get my refund. Every time I contact them I'm told the situation will be resolved in 24-48 hours, but THESE PEOPLE ARE LYING. MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED IMMEDIATELY FOR THIS PURCHASE, despite my wanting to cancel the purchase right after it had been made on June 6th. Now it's nearly August and still no refund.

• Op
    Oprahe Jun 03, 2016

The customer service is terrible, both online and at the Lake Zurich store. I wanted to exchange a California King size headboard with a King size that I ordered online and initially I was told I could not exchange it because it was “custom made” (all I did was pick the style, a standard size and color). After I explained to online customer service that nowhere on their website does it state that headboards are custom made, they agreed to let me exchange it at the Lake Zurich store. I took it to the Lake Zurich store where a store clerk told me that the system would not let them exchange it, but they could process it as a return and order me the King size. To make a long story short, they had actually ended up processing the return as an exchange in addition to ordering a new one, so I had two headboards. I made multiple attempts to explain the situation to online customer service, but they refused to return the first one. I talked to the Lake Zurich store manager who initially lied to me and said that they took care of it, but I continued to receive emails that two headboards were being shipped to me. When I talked the same Lake Zurich store manager to let her know the problem was not resolved, she said the return could not be done and that her store clerk would never return a headboard (even though I had the paperwork to prove it) and that I need to take care of this with the online customer service because it was their error. Also, during this ordeal HomeDecorators also posted an additional charge to my credit card that I never authorized that they said was related to the “exchange”. I did not sign anything or order anything and they did not contact me – the charge just suddenly showed up on my credit card statement. This also took multiple emails to the online customer service before it was removed.

I WILL NOT USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!

I ordered a dining room rug from HomeDecorators.com in early January 2007 and I still have not received this item, but my credit card has been charged twice.

The website and catalog are pretty great, they seem to have a good selection for good prices - but that is how they get you! Each month we
received an email stating that our ordered item was still out of stock and
would be expected in the next month. This has been going on for 6 months.
They sent me a letter offering a discount for 20% off our next purchase, but why would we buy from them when we had not received our initial item?

Finally, towards the end of June, they notified me via email that it had
been shipped. I clicked on the Fedex link to track it. Every day this link
said something different, and by the end of 5 business days it told me
nothing. I called Fedex, and they said they did not have this item in their
possession! I contacted Home Decorators Customer Service, they were polite.
They explained to me that a label had been created and it was shipped from
Mexico, Missouri, and that when it came to my state, Fedex would sign for it and then I would be able to track the item on the website. I had never
heard of this before.

You will not believe what happened next! A week later I received another
email from Home Decorators.com stating my item had been RETURNED to the
warehouse, and that apparently they had discovered that they shipped the
WRONG ITEM to me. I asked to speak with a Manager, who apologized in a
surprisingly meek and cold way, but she helped me.

I should have cancelled my order long ago, but I was in love with this rug and had already designed the space in my mind. The Manager stated they would refund my initial order, and then give me a 25% discount and re-order the rug for me. They charged my card (again) and notified me via email they had shipped the item again (at this point, apparently, it was in stock).

A few days later I received the refund for the first charge, however, there were $82 in SHIPPING CHARGES, which they did not refund! Once again, I spoke to the same manager, who stated they will refund me the $82. Fedex tracking says we should receive the rug in a few days, but we'll see...

Please warn the public about this fraudulent website

Homedecorators guarantees 100% customer satisfaction or your money refunded. I ordered a dining nook and was dissatisfied with it, it was very unconfortable to sit on. So I returned it within the 45 days for a guaranteed refund. Homedecorators has informed me that the furniture was returned damaged, but they are having a problem telling me what was damaged, because obviously there wasn't any damage, Homedecorators doesn't want to refund my money! Please warn the public about this fraudulent website.

Big mistake!

I placed an order for a rug from Home Decorators Collection on December 15, 2008. It was a really cute rug I was buying for my kid's new playroom in our new house. Even though it wouldn't arrive until just after Christmas, I figured it would be worth the wait. I was impressed that the price of the rug was $529 vs, $600+ that I had seen on from other companies. Well, BIG MISTAKE! I am so frustrated with this company right now and the horrible customer service I have received. After the order was placed I checked online for a tracking order, but none was given. It was simply stated that my order had been shipped. The order did not arrive, and on Jan 2, 2009 I called the company to find out the status. The person I spoke said their records did not show what shipping company had been used, and that within 48 hours I would be contacted to help resolve the problem. No one called, and on Tuesday 1/6/09 I called back. The person told me the manufacturer had been contacted, and still had another day to respond, and that someone would contact me. Well no one did, and it took two more calls and an additional week to determine that fed ex had lost the rug at the original shipping facility. I stated that I still wanted the rug, and they said it was in stock and could ship out within a week. Well, a week later I checked online and it showed a new expected ship date of 3/09/09!! Three months after my original order!! But no email or contact had been made to me to notify me of the date change. I called customer service and spoke the manager (Sheri?) who was hardly even apologetic. I told her I would like to cancel my order and she was basically just like "ok, fine, goodbye". I do a great deal of shopping online and have never, never received such poor service. Now it is a months later and I have to start from ground zero. This has been very time consuming, frustrating and I would recommend NOT buying from Home Decorators Collection due to their terrible service.

• Rb
    rb24 Sep 17, 2009

I have been trying to get Home Decorators Collection to replace a part on a defective blind that I recently ordered from them and keep getting the run around. Not sure that I will ever get a usable blind.
    Sept. 2009

• Je
    JERI GLADNEY Feb 02, 2010

I ORDERED A FRENCH COUNTRY TABLE AND BOOKCASE WHICH TOOK A WEEK TO ARRIVE. THE SCREWS THAT HOLD THE SUPPORT FOR THE DRAWER IN THE TABLE WERE NOT IN THE BOX AND TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE ALL OF THE HARDWARE AND THE INSTRUCTION BOOK WERE NOT IN THE BOX FOR THE BOOKCASE. I CALLED HOME DECORATORS AND PLEADED WITH THEM TO SEND THE REPLACEMENT PARTS FEDEX OVERNIGHT AT MY EXPENSE, MY REQUEST WAS IGNORED AND SENT STANDARD SHIPPING WITH AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE OF 8-9 DAYS. THIS IS NOT HIGH QUALITY MERCHANDISE AS PRESENTED, IT IS CHEAP JUNK THAT HAS BEEN MARKED UP 200-300% THEN MARKED DOWN AS A SALE PRICE IN ORDER TO MAKE THE BUYER THINK THEY ARE GETTING A GREAT DEAL.

BUYER BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Pr
    Professor Liz Apr 14, 2010

I made a large order of furniture that I was told would arrive in about a week. I then received an email saying that the order would be delayed by a month. Because I didn't have a month to wait, I cancelled the order and bought the furniture from a local store. A few days later, I received notification that I couldn't cancel the order because it had already shipped. I told them that I only cancelled the order because they had delayed it.

Obviously, I refused the order when they called with the delivery date. The order was over $2200. I received a credit to my account of $1300. When I questioned this, I was told that there was a "25% restocking fee" and that the original shipping was not refundable.

Because of their STUPID mistake, I am being charged a net of $900?!?!

I did a lot of business with Home Decorators before this. Never again.

As the above have said, BUYER BEWARE! This company should go the way of IndyMac and Enron as far as I'm concerned. Terrible business.

Awful company

From the beginning to the end, Home Decorators was nothing but bad customer service and a rip-off. When I first walked into the store no one asked if I needed help. Then when I found something that I liked and the price that I could afford, I had to search for someone to help. When I approached someone to help me he said and I quote "with what?" I asked the gentlemen did he work there and he said yes. He was very nasty and rude. Next, when I made my purchase nothing was explained to me. None of my pay options or anything. I was just handed a pen and asked to sign. When I asked them to explain to me what I was signing, he grew agitated and released a big sigh of frustration. They then told me that I could expect delivery on March the 11th. When March the 11th came, nothing! I received no furniture and no call. When I called them they said that they did not deliver because my furniture came in damaged. They then said that I would get my furniture on the 30th and I this time I did receive a phone call. But the gentlemen told me that he could only deliver to me in the evening. I told him that would not me good for me. So he then stated that and I am going to quote once again, "We do not deliver furniture when you are available, but when we are available." He then informed me that if I did not take delivery then I would have to wait another month!!! Finally I requested and refund and they told me that I would have to wait 6months. Then when I called the 1-800 numbers I was told something different? When I asked the store manager for the number to their corporate office, he told me that he was not authorized to give out that kind of information and that he did not have it. I called another location right in front of him and they gave it right to me. When I called the corporate office line it says "Home Decorators Corporate Customer Service Line." So please someone explain to me how he was not authorized to release that number, if it is meant for customer anyway? My advice to anyone no matter how much you may like something please take your decision for shopping at Home Decorators. Ohh and by the way "Corporate" has yet to even return my calls.

• Re
    Real-Staging.com Feb 20, 2013

Really you guys have very good collections of home improvement stuffs.
    I appreciate what your team are doing. Keep up the best work.

• Kd
    KDC-TX Oct 08, 2014

1994310250-REFUND1993810250-25% CREDITI HAVE INQUIRED 4 TIMES ABOUT GETTING A RETURN OF FUNDS FOR BOTH ITEMS. ITEM 1994310250 HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED SO I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. I WENT AHEAD AND ACCEPTED THE OTHER BECAUSE IT WAS SAID IT WAS IN TRANSIT BUT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET 25% OFF FOR THE DELAY AND INCONVENIENCE. MY LAST ATTEMPT WAS ON 9/22 WHERE I WAS TOLD THAT THE 25% WOULD OCCUR IN 3 DAYS AND THE REFUND UP TO 10 DAYS. IT IS NOW 10/8, MY ACCOUNT TO DATE SHOWS NEITHER CREDIT. I WAS TOLD ON 8/29 AND 9/18 THAT REFUNDS WERE PROCESSED. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AS THEY SOUND NICE ENOUGH AND MAKE YOU THINK ALL IS SAID AND DONE THEN NOTHING. YOU CAN DO AN INTERNET SEARCH ON THE ITEM NAME AND BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH LESS HASSLE. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY OR YOU CAN GET READY TO WAIT.

Scam and rip off

In October I ordered a divided 2-compartment laundry hamper from the Home Decorators Collection website. The reason I ordered from this company was because I was looking specifically for a hamper with 2 or more compartments and they were the only place that advertised what I was looking for. When a package arrived from Home Decorators I opened it and discovered it was the wrong item--a very shoddy laundry hamper with only one compartment I notified the company immediately that they had sent the wrong item. I initially said I would still accept the correct item if they would send it out. Of course they never sent me the correct item. Instead, I got back an email from the company that contained an empty apology along with a preposterous offer: if I would keep the item I did not order and did not want, they would give me $3 off my purchase price plus a $5-off coupon to order more merchandise from them. Naturally I declined the offer and insisted on a full refund. I was still kind enough to offer to drop off the unwanted package if they would send me a pre-paid return label so that I wouldn't be stuck with postage. They refused to send me a return label. Their next ploy was to promise me repeatedly that someone would come to my office and pick up the package to return it to the manufacturer. Needless to say, no one ever turned up to pick up the package. To date, over three months after I placed my order, they are still holding my money for an item I never received and refusing to issue a refund. I have notified the Better Business Bureau but want to get the word out to as many places as possible so no one else will make the same mistake I did in ordering from this company.

botched delivery

I ordered a chaise and a few smaller items. I contacted the delivery service by email indicating the days I could be ready for delivery. The delivery service attempted delivery on the first date without, however giving me any prior confirmation. As a result, although home at the time, I missed the delivery. I contacted the delivery service and rescheduled the delivery for the second date. That date was today. The delivery arrived on time however only the smaller item was delivered, no furniture. When questioned, the driver said that that was all he had on the truck. I contacted the delivery service again and was told by the manager that Home Decorators had required him to return the chaise to them despite his informing them that we had a delivery date set for today. He said that he knew I was going to call upset.
I contacted Home Decorators who confirmed that they had instructed that the chaise be returned because I had refused delivery. Of course, they had not credited my account and said they wouldn't until they received the chaise back even though they charged my account as soon as it was shipped. They also informed me that they were slapping a return fee on me for refusing to accept delivery. So no doubt I will be fortunate if I receive even 50% of my money back and I have paid to have furniture shipped back and forth to Mexico twice. I have had previous positive experiences with this company and this has been a deep disappointment and unnecessarily costly. I will not be doing business with them again.

bathroom vanity

I purchased a bathroom vanity with a sink just under two years ago. Yesterday a plumber told me that all the plumbing has to be replaced. The washers have failed and the fasteners that attach the water supply to the faucets have completely corroded. What a piece of very expensive junk. Like others who have comlained, I also had to wait months for this junk to be delivered.

• Am
    amanda54321 Jul 24, 2009

Hi, kellihan,
    We are a manufactory of bathroom.
    If you need durable shower room, please contact us.

our web: www.phccwy.com
    my mail: [email protected]

• Am
    amanda0502 Jun 24, 2010

Material :ABS & Tempered Glass & Aluminum Frame
    Main Components :
    Touch screen computer controller
    Top shower & flexible handle shower
    Hot and cool water adjustable controller
    Shampoo rack & towel rail
    Thermostatic mixer
    Water-proof TV with controller

website: www.66mo.com

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices