Revloncord exploded off while in use

I was straitening my hair with a Revlon flat iron when the cord exploded off where it attatches to the straitener. All of a sudden I heard a loud "POP" noise and saw a fireball next to my head. I dropped the straitener and put my head under running water immediately. My hair did not completely burn off my head, but I now have a large spot where my hair is much shorter than everywhere else. I used to have hair that was all one length--not layered. I have blonde hair that is about 5 inches below my shoulders and it grows very slowly, it is going to take me a long time to get it back to normal. The straitener was not old, damaged or beat up in any way. It must have been something defective. I cannot believe this happened I just don't know how to get ahold of Revlon and find someone that takes care of these kinds of problems. I wonder if this has happened to someone else with this style of straitener, (Revlon "Stylix"), and hopefully get this product checked so this does not happen to someone else.

cord exploded off while in use