Having problems with Revlon?

Revlon reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 13, 2008. The latest review settlement of damages was posted on Oct 14, 2021. The latest complaint incorrect color swatches was resolved on May 01, 2013. Revlon has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 104 reviews. Revlon has resolved 6 complaints.

Revlon Customer Service Contacts

+54 11 5295 2000 (Argentina)
+27 119 710 812 (South Africa)
+852 2890 0800 (Hong Kong)
+65 6732 8355 (Singapore)
+61 288 759 700 (Australia)
+64 9347 1020 (New Zealand)
1 New York Plaza
SatClosed
SunClosed

Americas

Miami/USA
Revlon Consumer Products Corporation, 1111 Brickell Ave, Suite 1600, Miami, Florida 33131

New York/USA
Revlon Consumer Products Corporation, 1 New York Plaza, New York, New York 10004
Tel:

Canada
Revlon Canada, 1590 South Gateway Rd., Mississauga, ON L4W 0A8

Mexico
Revlon SA de CV, Av Insurgentes SUR 2453, Floor #1, Ofic. 101., Colonia Tizapan San Angel, Delegación Alvaro Obregón, Mexico, D.F. C.P.: 01090

Argentina
Colectora Panamericana Oeste 264, Piso 1B, B1640 EGP, Martinez, Buenos Aires

Europe

United Kingdom
Revlon International Corporation, Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7QX

France
EPB, 64-70 Rue Du Ranelagh, 75016 Paris, France

Italy
Revlon, Beautyge Italy SpA, Via Anselmo Zaccarelli 5/7, Padulle di Sala Bolognesa, Bologna, 40010 Italy

Middle East & Africa

South Africa
Revlon, 1 Tungsten Road, Isando, 1600/Gauteng, South Africa

Dubai
Dubai Airport Free Zone 3W/West Side, Dubai, United Arab Erimates

Asia

Hong Kong
Revlon (Hong Kong) Ltd., Room 1101, 11/F, Tower 2, The Gateway, Harbour City, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Japan
Revlon, Nissay Hanzomon Bldg, 7F, 1-3 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, 102-0083, Japan

China
Revlon Trading (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., Unit 2322, Lever 23, 5 Corporate Avenue, 150 Hubin Road, Shanghai 200021, PR. China

Singapore/Asia-Pacific
Revlon Manufactering Ltd., 111 Somerset Road, #06-03 to 07 Tripleone, Somerset, 238164, Singapore

Australia
Revlon Australia Pty. Ltd., 12 Julius Avenue, North Ryde NSW 2113, Australia

New Zealand
Revlon New Zealand Ltd., Level 2, 32-34 Mahuhu Crescent, PO Box 1875, Auckland 1010

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Revlon Customer Service. Initial Revlon complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Revlon above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Revlon. Discuss the issues you have had with Revlon and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Revlon Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Revloncolorburst lip stain (upc# [protected])

On 7/22/17 I reached into my new handbag's zipped compartment to retrieve the Colorburst Lip Stain to apply to my lips. As soon as I inserted my hand into the pocket it became covered with the product due to an insufficient closure between the cap and the product itself. It left the inside of the handbag stained as well as all other items inside the pocket. (see photo) I was able to wipe the product off of other lipsticks in the compartment but I had to discard a new nail file. I now have to see whether I will be able to clean the mess the Lip Stain has left behind.

colorburst lip stain (upc# [protected])
colorburst lip stain (upc# [protected])

Revlonrevlon straightener model rvst2082

Hi,
    I am Ms. Loshini I am staying in bangalore, Karnataka, India. I bought a Revlon Straightener Model RVST2082 from US (St. Louis), I bought a 2 pin adopter for that in India, but the straightener is not working now. I do not know what is the problem in that. So what is the thing I have to do now? Could you please suggest me what I have to do for that?

Respond

Revlon — colorsilk 3d gel.

Can you informe me why the quality of your product is so poor in Mexico compare with the USA, its hard to...

Revlon — liquid foundation: revlon age defying with dna advantage

Recently purchased this. The color and coverage are great! The problem is this has an offensive odor. I've...

Revloncommercial selling picture does not match with the product I received at all. possible it was labeled wrong?

Hello Revlon,

In 1 April 2017 I bought this product: http://www.elefant.ro/cosmetice/machiaj/ruj-de-buze/ruj-super-lustrous-nuanta-viivi-kiss-me-coral-incolor-325732-355.html?utm_source=rtbhouse&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=rtbhouse-retargeting
      but I received the product I uploaded a picture with.
      There are big differences between them in color, consistency, shine, is anything but coral and "super lustrous".
      After struggles and endless words (as if pictures does not do the talking instead) and Customer Care help, because seller didn't considered the lipstick doesn't match, I received my money back and they promised me they will resolve the issue and took the picture out of site. Now I see it back the product which I found very unethical.
      Does this pictures
      looks like my picture?!
      Can you find out what the problem with this lipstick is?

Anda Iacob

Revlonrevlon super lustrous lipstick

Dear revlon,
        I love your super lusteous lipstick, and have used it for too many years to count. Not a shopping trip passes that I don't pick-up a couple of tubes of champagne on ice, which i've worn since the color was introduced. I know that over the years i've purchased every color of pearle that you've manufactured. I constantly apply lipstick, as I feel it makes the entire face "light-up," especially the eyes. I even dig the remaining lipstick out of the bottom of the tubes and put it in a jar, and brush on the color, so as not to waste any of the product. I keep one jar at home, one at work, and one in my purse, and never leave home without three to four tubes of different pearle colors in my purse.

However, the past couple of years I have noticed that before my tubes of lipstick are even halfway used, they are breaking. For the past 20 years i've never had this problem, but the past two years something has changed. I don't store or use them any differently than I ever have, but they all break. It's becoming quite frustrating, as i'm running out of little jars to use the balance of the tube. I'm not sure if the formula has changed or what, but this is crazy, as for 18 years I never broke a tube of your lipstick. Invariably when this happens, I end-up with lipstick up my nose or on my chin. 😊 can you please shed some light on this problem for me? I refuse to change brands because I have my favorite colors that you provide, but this is getting expensive and ridiculous.

Susan hammersley
        [protected]
        9334 fireside circle
        Indpls., in. 46250

Revlon — nail polish #640 fearless

This colour starts to get dark, almost black streaks on my nails. One coat or two it does the same thing. I...

Revloncolorstay lip crayon

I wore the lip crayon by Revlon in my favorite shade and it gave me severe blisters on the inside and outside of my lower lip. It is so severe I have been in extreme pain. There are many blisters and it is raw.

I would like this product to be taken off shelves. So others are not harmed. I would like all your products to not cause health issues. And I think I should receive something for my trouble. I am a long time customer. I have always liked Revlon products in the past. I have read about Cancer causing agents in some of your products as well as BHT, and BHC.

Sincerely,

Stacy Hanna
          [protected]@gmail.com

Revlonrdvr5304 hair dryer.

Hello. I have had 3 of these dryers and this last one is the worst. I've had it for approx 4 months and started smelling something burning. I really didn't think much of it until I saw where it was coming from...the top of the dryer was melting and smoking. Drops of plastic going into the heating element. Had I not caught this in time there is a good chance that it would have caught fire and possibly burned myself or one of my family. The dryer is kept clean and the filter gets cleaned once a week. So this isn't due to misuse. It is manufacture defect.

Revlon — revlon transforming effects matte top coat #790

Hello customer service rep. I am sorry to complain, as I've never had trouble with any Revlon product...

Lyons

Revlonhair color

I bought a revlon hair color at walmart. It was suppose to be dark brown. I got home put the color on my hair, let it set as directed. I checked it after 15 mins after putting it on. I notice it was turning red, like a deep dark red so I washed it out bout 20 mins being on my hair. I checked the box and bottle to see if it ws the color the box said and it was not the bottle said burgandy. I was so upset. I had to go to work like that. I waited 2 days and put another color on it. Im not sure what happend but it was not right. My name stacey my address is 1508 s 17th street corsicana texas 75110. Thank you

Revlonrevlon 1 1/2" barrel curling iron

I received my curling iron from my birthday in January. I have NEVER had a problem with any other Revlon product but this curling iron is useless.
                I have thick course straight hair and this iron does not work.
                I think it is too light weight.
                I also noticed that the on switch is solid when you first push it and within 5 minutes it starts to blink.
                I turn it to the highest heat level and it does not seem to ever get hot enough.
                I am so disappointed and unfortunately, I have thrown the box and receipt away.

Respond

Revlon — just bitten kissable balm stain

Aloha! I usually dont make complaints or inquires but i have really tried to like the new revlon lip stain...

Kalaheo

Revloncharlie white perfume

My husband purchased me a couple of page bottles of white Charlie a few years back for Christmas as I don't seem to find it in the stores any longer. I am 61 and have used Charlie since I wasn't 16 my Father who adopted me gav me my first bottle and I have never used anything else! He has passed now and I still use it in his memory. Anyway the straw can loose from the sprayer and I can't get the purfume out there is close to 1/3. A bottle of a large bottle I can't use. Please help me !

charlie white perfume

Revlon Clip - Lok Bangsincorrect color swatches

After searching through many pictures of color swatches, I found a clip-on bang color that I thought would work. I read their return/exchange policy and thought ok, if it doesn't work I can just exchange for another color. So I received the item and it is not even close to the color I thought it would be. I spoke with a representative who said that the color swatches are from the manufacturer and my computer screen could be the culprit. I looked at the image with multiple computers and phones and still their swatch looks nothing like I received.

I then googled 'Revlon Clip-Lok bangs color chart' and found numerous online vendors with the CORRECT pictures. These OTHER vendors had the color swatch that did match what I received, so how can the color swatches used by 'Best Wig Outlet' be from the manufacturer and be so wrong when other people have it so right??

I have tried to speak with a manager about this, and keep getting sent to voice mail and have had no one respond . I have emailed 'Best Wig Outlet' a picture of what I received next to their picture - extremely different colors. I have also sent this information to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I urge you to do the same if you feel they are selling items incorrectly.

I know it is probably not their intent to sell items incorrectly but they clearly need to take some responsibility for their mistakes. I work for an online retail store and as an online retail store you take on the responsibility of correctly portraying items through pictures and descriptions for your customers. Updating pictures is one of the easiest things to do - I do it all the time for the company I work for.

I just want my money back (I am ok with not getting the shipping back, even though I really should). I should not be held responsible for a restocking fee when they have made the mistake, not me. My company does a restocking fee also, and if we have used the wrong picture or have incorrect information about a product, we always waive this restocking fee.

CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU !!!

incorrect color swatches
                    incorrect color swatches

3 Responses
                      • Re
                        revlon color burst Aug 24, 2014

very oily and not long lasting ev
                        en in rupees 800

• Dj
                        DJG42 Jan 07, 2014

While using the Revlon 1875 hair dryer, smoke started to come out of the on/off button, soon followed by flames!
                        I managed to unplug the device (which was still running), which caused the fire to stop.
                        It is crazy to see that Revlon can put to market such dangerous appliances!!!

• Dj
                        DJG42 Jan 02, 2014

While using the Revlon 1875 hair dryer, smoke came out of the on/off button, soon followed by flames!
                        I managed to unplug the dryer (which was still running), and the fire stopped. How can such products pass safety tests ?!?

Revlonspf

I got a sunburn today evan though I had my foundation on. I then realized that Revlon had quit putting SPF in my foundation. I contacted Revlon and they don't care!

Revlon / Smartsolid Deodrantmitchum smart solid deodrant breaking up

Deodorant fell apart as I was putting it on. Not a good thing..crumbling all over the place. I have no pictures its all in pieces.

1 Response
                          • Su
                            supercala Feb 12, 2012

After my 3rd - and yes I question why I bought a 3rd, possibly because I thought having bought the first two together they may have been from a bad batch. However never again will I waste my time and money on this deodorant that breaks up and then has to be thrown away. When I kept it very low the plastic edges hurt the skin.
                            It does not ‘glide’ on at all.

Revlon RV062 Perfect Heat Professional 1 Inch Straightener With Ceramic — electric shock from product

On Thursday, May 6 2010, I went to plug in my hair straightener and turn it on. The straightener was in hand...

Revlon Hair Stylersuddenly doesn't turn on

I got this hair styler as a gift for christmas. I liked it so much and I used it the next weekend to do my hair, and it worked perfectly. Then I used it two more times on the next weekends and it worked right, but last weekend when I plugged it, it didn't turn on; like dead, I tried on four different outlets but got no response and it's until like that, dead. There is no signs of heat. As I don't have the receipt because I got it as a gift, well the store doesn't want to change it for another one. How can i do to return this one and get a new one?
                          Sincerely yours:
                          Karina Perez

Respond

Revlon Cosmetics Companyigot this letter with agreement & leter of appoinment plz its fect?

Revlon cosmetics company
                            Greater london house, hampstead road
                            London nw1 7qx
                            E-mail:careers.[protected]@live.com
                            Tel: +[protected], +[protected]

This mail is coming to you on your success and emergence from other applicants for the same post/job you applied and the following as agreed by the panel that is in authority for this project of revlon cosmetics uk.

attached herewith are your:
                            1. letter of appointment
                            2. terms of agreement, which you are to read very well, accept by printing and signing it.

Kindly contact the travel agency if the terms attached are satisfied with you. do not hesitate to indicate your telephone numbers while contacting the traveling agency

The hard copies documents have been sent to the sta travels agency for the preparation of your visas and work permit the same will be sent to you through courier service after all formalities have been accomplished with the sta travels agency.

upon your arrival to london, your credentials will be compared and screened and also you will undergo job and company elaboration workshop for two weeks for:
                            1. job profile
                            2. job specification and orientation
                            3. company profile
                            4. seal of contract

You are advised to sign and send the appointment documents as an attachment to sta travels agency through the email below and contact phone number because:

* we have agreement with the sta travels agency to assist all our employees especially so that it will be easier for them. so that there will be no need of transferring of documents illegally by the company or the employee.

Scan and send the soft copies of appointment letters and the signed agreement letter to:

Sta travels agency
                            9 st marys place, newcastle-upon-tyne
                            Tyne and wear, ne1 7pg
                            E-mail: sta.travels.[protected]@live.com
                            Contact person: mr fabian harcourt.
                            Tel:+[protected], +[protected]
                            Designation: head of visa/permit operation

Note: as written in the terms of agreement, every employee is to get the traveling documents and incur the expense personally. the company will reimburse all the expenses and also make additional payment of gbp 6000 (great britain pounds) to the employee as imposed by law for damages.

This is because the expense should be incurred by the company but due to the past experience we encountered by procuring visa for unserious employees, we then agreed that every employee should incur the expense of getting the visa and the work permit directly from london through the sta travels and apply for reimbursement with the following:

1. letter for reimbursement addressed to the chief accountant.
                            2. scanned copy of payment receipts
                            3. application for payment of damages incurred during the process of procurement of visas.
                            4. approval letter from the immigration agent here in london
                            5. letter for the 75% advance salary of the first month
                            6. account information where the reimbursement will be paid.

Once again, congratulations as we look forward in seeing you achieve your career goals with revlon cosmetics uk.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Regards,
                            E-mail:careers.[protected]@live.com

1 Response
                              • Sh
                                shree1966 Nov 29, 2009

hi i tring to call that no . but all phone no got same message this number has been tarminetted