Menu
Renault
reviews & complaints

Renault
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

449 complaints
212 resolved 237 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Renault. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
P
1:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am living in Egypt and Please I need you help with my car which is a Renault Ménage 2 new shape model 2006-2007 car chassis number 35404355, motor number 555, consumed about 66, 000KM I do all my regular service visits to The Arab Mechanics ( your authorized service center) as its near my home and since I bought the car I had several troubles!!! 1- A...

K
1:46 pm

Renault - terrible service

Greetings .
If I have a complaint over service received from a motor dealership/ agent who I asked to service my car, we had a terrible experience, please where can I get legal advise to pursue the matter and complain
thanks

TO,
Customer care mahindra Renault

Sub. Service center hissar9supreme automobiles]

Dear Sir,
I am really sorry to own Logan car as far as service is concerned.
I complained one year back but could not the solution. I am sure that this time also I won’t get solution but for self satisfaction I am again telling you with confidence that this time something will be done.
This is for your kind information that on Monday the 29th June I enquired that my car is facing such and such difficulties so when should I send my car to service depot Mr. Jain said come tomorrow everything will be done right. on 30th morning again inquired should d I send the car and green signal from jain sahib the car was taken to service centre .there was no body responsible available .anyway chart was made all quarries done by the staff and car was taken in side the service centre

And after three and half hours to my utmost disappointment the service staff says sorry for certain things we do not mechanic and for certain problems we do not have parts so we can not do any thing please take your car away.
Respected sir this has happened three four times but I did not complain only because I thought that it was by chance but now it is proved that company is making fool of consumer and plays with money and time of the consumer.
You will surprised to note that I am enjoying the loan facility of mahindra finance and finance people do not give the details of cheques they have drawn they made installation as per their wish not as mutually agreed upon for last more than one and half year .
This type of working does not suit to the renowned company like you this is my last letter to your good self if you do not hear or revert to this unfortunately I will have to all necessary action to get my lawful right which may not be pleasant for both of us.

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT IF AT ALL YOU WILL FORCE ME TO TAKE LEAGAL ACCTION ALL CONSIQUENCE AND EXPENCES WILL BE BORN BY COMPANY.
THANKS AND REGARDS

RATTAN LAL CHOKHANI
CELL. 09813095700

CAR NO. HR-16-F-8561ENGINE NO. D008155

ATTACHED C/MEMO DATED 30.06.2009. CHARGING ZERO WHISH ASSURES THAT THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING.

SUGGETION: BETTER HAVE SOME OTHER ARRANGEMENT FOR CARS.

3 comments
Apr 10, 2010 3:45 am

i am anil khandelwal from delhi. i had purchased logan car form sri durga automobiles.delhi. i am very upset from your services. they are given us very bad services for the car. and the car u have made is so worse that i am regretting my decision why i had purchesed the car from ur company. i am very dissapointing with ur company . at any when i want to go to out of station every time my car heated up . and after that i had sent my car to the garage of ur company then dont even know what is the fault in the car. i m really upset. after u just made long bills . so i want u to contant me. as early early as possible.

anil khandelwal

Nov 29, 2009 7:11 am

Hello,
This is Anil Khandelwal from Delhi, India. I'v purchased a Mahindra-Renault Logan from Sri durga Automobiles, Delhi. We are neither satisfied with the performance of the car & the services provide by your dealer.
Whenever the car has been sent for the servicing, they don't tell anything about the issues. When we reach the service station, which is 15 -20 kms apprx from my residence, they tell us that there is some problem with your car. Before going to take our car back, we always make 2-3 calls to make sure that the servicing has been done fully, they tell us that car is ready. But from recent 3-4 services, this is happening continuously & it has been experienced that servicing is not done properly & some extra work has to be done.

Today also, we'v sent our car for servicing & the person at your dealer point stated that we can take the car back . We also confirmed about the charges & I gave that amount to my son that was demanded by the dealer. But when he reached there, it was found that servicing was not done properly and they said that Hose Pipes have broken so extra money is needed for that.

Please resolve our issue as early as possible or I'm going to sue the dealer & the Company both in Consumer Court!
I'm just fed up of kind of services provided by the Mahindra-Renault Group & just thinking over my decision of choosing this car!

Anil Khandelwal

Nov 26, 2009 10:57 pm

THIS IS ANIL KHANDELWAL FROM DELHI .I HAVE MAHINDRA LOGAN PURCHASED FROM SRI DURGA AUTOMOBILES DELHI. WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE CAR AND COMPANY . EVERY TIME THERE IS A PROBLEM IN A CAR SOMETIME THE WINDOW OF THE CAR IS NOT OPENED. AND WHEN WE GO TO THE COMPANY THEY MAKE THE BILL AND CHARGE VERY HIGH AMOUNTS . WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THE COMPANY AND THE CAR . PLEASE CONTACT US AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE

ANIL KHANDELWAL

K
6:51 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a renault Megane Grand Scenic just over 4 years old. I bought this 2nd hand in September 2006 and in that time three windows have failed, the source of the problem being the regulator switch in each. My mechanic now thinks that the first window repaired in November 2006 is about to go again!! The total cost to date has been over £700! How on earth...

L
7:54 am

Renault - service & expense

I had a washer pump fitted to my Megane in January 2006, the pump has now failed. Not too bad I thought, it only cost me £10.35. I phoned my local dealers today 13/10/08, the exact same part is now £40.00. How can this be? it's way above the inflation rate.My whole bill for fitting & parts was only £49.00 in 2006. I am astounded by the huge jump in price & find it rediculous. I have had so many faults with my Megane that I will never purchase a Renault again. On another occasion at Renault Swansea I was charged over £125.00 to have 1 of my ignition coils fitted. I was told it was a complicated job & took a long time to complete. Since that experience I now buy my own coils for £14.00 & fit them in under 40 seconds. I was shown this by an AA mechanic. I was treated unlawfully by Renault Swansea & believe I was illeagally charged for labour Not served. I don't know what is going on at Renault, but it surely has opened my eyes. Never ever again.

H
6:59 am

Renault - renault sa is unethical fraudsters

I bought a new 2005 Scenic II which were excessively in the East Rand Renault workshop over a 12 month period with endless mechanical problems that started at 7000 km. Quality control on this vehicle was shocking, only out-performed by the incompetence and unwillingness of both the East Rand and Klerksdorp Renault workshops to take ownership and rectify the problems. I was pressurized by Renault SA to 'trade' this vehicle, due to its excessive problems, for a new 2006 Scenic II off their East Rand floor. I elevated this, by forcing a meeting with Francis Guy (Technical Manager Renault SA) on 22 May 2006, without any success or even a follow-up by him or his office. The net result of this trade was that I lost R 80 000 from my initial deposit due to the difference in trade and new vehicle prices. The 2006 Renault Scenic started with mechanical problems at 15 000 km and the same incompetence to fix it and unwillingness to take ownership is playing itself out at Bryanston Renault. I have kept evidence of this saga and are looking for ANYBODY (media, regulating bodies, ect) that is willing to take this case study to help expose these fraudsters.
082 461 9392

R
12:49 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have repeatedly tried to book my car in for maintenance at Renault Cape Town. The service agent who took my booking informed me, 1 day before the date given for the maintenance, that the parts for my car had not been ordered (25 April 2008). I was promised a follow up a few weeks later. I have heard nothing from this dealer since. Every time I phone I am...

Y
12:00 am

Renault - terrible customer service!

I would like to lodge a complaint following the repairs recently conducted on my vehicle. I am not happy about the service and treatment I have received. On 22nd January 2008 I dropped off my car, a Renault Clio 3 vehicle no: 4024046dwnzc, for service and to have its battery fixed as it failed to start properly. Your employee assured me that it was in complete working order. Thus, I collected the vehicle and paid nothing as it was part of the warranty and the maintenance plan I have, only to find that they did not make the repairs, and the car still won't start. I spoke with Mr. Wesser, your service manager, who told me, to bring it in for the 2nd time for them to fix it. Which I did on the 30th Jan. I was happy when I was told that the car has been fixed, however this was short lived as I was told to pay R1000 for the replacement of the Battery plug that was installed. I disputed this, as this is a new vehicle and I cannot be held liable for the manufactures faults. Then Mr. Wesser insisted that it was my fault and claimed that I Jump started the vehicle and if I refuse to pay they will remove the part which they installed and the vehicle will be towed to where I stay.

I'm certainly not happy with such comments and service, and I expect your dealership to fix the car properly as they should have the 1st time. As a result of the disagreement Mr. told me to pay only for the part and not the labor. I only paid because I really needed to use the vehicle and I insist that I should have not been charged for any of the repairs done.

V
12:00 am
Replied
Renault has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a car at Renault Germiston in March 2006. The car instalment was R999 with a deposit of 10 %. When I approached the dealer I was told that I need to put in a deposit of R16 000 to qualify for the R999 monthly instalment. I then put it a deposit of R16 000. A pre-paid motor service for the car was issued to me which was valid for the period of 2...

Renault contacts