Having problems with Renault?

+44 192 389 5000 (United Kingdom)
+64 92 816 611 (New Zealand)
+32 23 347 611 (Belgium and Luxemburg)
+45 80 889 400 (Denmark)
+49 223 2730 (Germany)
+353 605 5500 (Ireland)
+39 641 561 (Italy)
+31 203 549 333 (Netherlands)
+48 225 411 000 (Poland And Baltic Countries)
+351 218 361 000 (Portugal)
+41 447 770 200 (Switzerland)
+852 29 273 538 (Hong Kong)
+966 114 790 550 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 713 313 (Singapore)
+27 116 077 300 (South Africa)
+82 23 707 500 (South Korea)
+84 904 695 069 (Vietnam)
+54 147 782 000 (Argentina)
13-15 quai Le Gallo

Bergermoosstrasse 4 - 8902 Urdorf

Turkey
Çakmak Mah.Balkan cad. № 49 - 34770 Ümraniye, Istanbul

China
Room 11A2-11A5, Hanwei Plaza - № 7 - Guanghua Road - Chaoyang District - 100004 Beijing

Hong Kong
G/F, Tien Chu, Commercial Building, 173-174, Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong

India
ASV Ramana Towers, 4th floor, № 37-38 Venkatanarayana Road, T. Nagar - 600 017 Chennai

Japan
è 1-1, Takashima 1-chome, Nishi-ku - Yokohama-shi - Kanagawa 220-8686

Saudi Arabia
Khurais Road Al Malaz, Riyadh / Suwaidi Area, South Ring Road, between Exit 24 and 25, next to Al Tanhat Restaurant / Madinah Road Al Moraba'a Bridge before Palm Beach Restaurant, Jeddah / Dammam Khobar Highway with Al Rakaa Road Dammam

Singapore

Fray Justo Santa Maria de Oro 1744 1414 - Capital Federal

Brazil
1300 Borda do Campo - 83070-900 São José dos Pinhais

Mexico
Ruben Dario 281 - Piso 20 - 11580 Mexico D.F.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Renault.

Complaints & Reviews

Renault Scenic 05deathtrap

my daughter bought a renault scenic 05, 3 yrs ago, over this time there has been over 1000 put into it, including new dash by dealer in tralee, now closed, its a deathtrap to drive, so many problems, she has brain aneurism and the stress is killing her, the windows except driver side are held with wood blocks, cuts out every few mins even when hot, doors click on and off whilst driving, have been to several garages all different excuses, got money, car worse than ever.am willing to go further with this, she has let it affect her health to such an extent she will no longer leave the house, it has caused problems with her dad and her brother who warned her against renault but she decided to ignore the advice, she is on invalidity, has a son with several special needs issues, to name two, aszbergers and touretts, has no transport, no money and i want renault to come take this death trap of a car and i think a reimbursment of 2, 500 would be fair, certainly cheaper than a court cas and bad publicity, we have dozens of people have seen what she has put up with, i do expect a resolution really quickly, shechas no more money to put into this car...do not pass me onto someone else, been there, done that, almost burst 1 of MY5 aneurismsd332f

Renault Meganeheadlamps

I am unable to replace my headlamp bulb on my Renault Megane and Renault are charging £190 for the privilege. This is a safety issue and should not be left until you get to your nearest Renault garage. I always carry spare bulbs but it is not possible to do this without tiny hands (which I don't have). Can anyone advise on what course of action I need to take?

Renault Dsuter_india_kolkatabad delivery process

This is regarding our Renault Duster booking done on 26.11.2012. We have booked the "wooden brown color" the order refer no - rc/dd/731/12-13 for rs 50, 000 from "aradhana distributors (pvt) ltd "

We have received a call from the distributors on march (its perfect exactly after 6 months) and paid another token money of rs 1, 00, 000, order refer no- rc/dd/0021/13-14, date - 9/4/2013.after they told us to do so.
      now the issue is that today (12.3.2013) they are saying they have different color "silver" for deliver. - or higher price model, which is unprofessional from the Renault India team. and a customer harassment.

we dont stay in kolkata and came mainly for the delivery wasted our time and money.
      Indeed they have given us different "ORDER REFER NO"

we have lodge a complaint and they gave a number - [protected], we send them email and this is there reply

"Dear Mr. Saha,

Thank you for writing to Renault India Customer Care.

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We acknowledge your concern & receipt of the same.

Our concerned team will shortly get in touch with you for resolution of your concern at the earliest.

Please be rest assured that your concern will be attended up to your satisfaction, under our supervision.

You can also contact us on our toll free no: [protected] from 09:00am to 08:00pm, 7 days a week and also can write to us on [protected]@renaultindia.com "

we have been following up in phone calls to Chennai, where the head office is, but again the same dumb answer, "we will get back to you shortly"

already 5 days gone, no details answer, no proper reply, no deliver date, no communications at all.

My question is RENAULT TEAM is not taking Indian customer seriously or they have hired indians just to face the reality and escape. Call centre guy have no authority to handle critical situation but just to receive phone calls.

I am really sad about the situation...

RESOLVED

• Renault's response · Apr 29, 2013

Dear customer,

Kindly share your contact details, so that we can contact you soon and address your concern at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,
          Renault India

saha07 Apr 30, 2013

Dear Renault Team,

We have receive the car on 25th april. we were very happy that the color is right now "Brown color" . The sales representattives were very helpful this time and much more committed.

swarnab

Renault SAbad service

My husband and I have been so disappoint with the service we received from Renault in Middelburg.
        We booked our service 2 week prior to taking it in and after collection, we were told that they didn't order the brake pads (that we had asked them to order for the service), and didn't fix the aircon, as we had also arranged prior to the appointment, and that we would have to bring it in a week later to do those 2 things. Otherwise everything else was fine with the car.
        The following week, we took it in as arranged, only to be told on collection of the vehicle that we now had a major oil leak, our engine needs to be replaced, and the brake pads were not ordered again!!! When my husband stopped at a garage two days later, he noticed that they also forgot to put our engine cover back on - which we still do not have now (4 weeks after this incident)!!
        How can a car engine that was fine after a service, suddenly have a massive oil leak and need the engine replaced a week later? We cannot drive the vehicle at all now!
        We refuse to pay for their negligence! This needs to be resolved at their expense.
        Renault SA & the dealership principal keep shifting blame and going on about towing the car is and dodging the real issue of negligence - nobody is taking responsibility!!!

Renault Centurionfraudulent & unethical

I have purchased a Renault Fluence practically brand new with only 9700km on the clock. The dealership withheld the truth regarding this vehicles history & done a fraudulent transaction while being totally unethical regarding the whole deal.

Renault Centurion had sold me a vehicle that has been in multiple accidents & even had the engine replaced. This was only brought to my knowledge, 2 weeks after i have purchased the vehicle, when i started getting suspicious about the hooter not working after the car supposedly went for full AA & Renault 101 checks. This vehicle was even registered on my name with the old engine number & i was left to go on holiday with this illegally registered vehicle.

The staff knew about this vehicle's history even if they all denied they did not know. The guys in the workshop dealt with all the repairs after sales has crashed it. I asked every person i dealt with, from the workshop, sales even finance, if this car was in an accident with them all answering no. Now would you want to deal with this kind of dishonesty with this dealership's standards going as low as this just to make a quick sale? They have no morals & no concern about their customers.

Apparently i have no right to cancel such a deal stated by the AMH Group regional Director Keith Plekker. I have to live with this fraudulent dishonest service this dealership has given me & shut my mouth & be lucky with what i got.

• Ms
              M.S.G Feb 01, 2013

Go to 'die ombudsman', carte blance, and helo Peter, spread the news . You are the customer, and they sold you something that was suppose to be brand new almost, which is not trust worthy for you who travel with it daily, and at times travel with your family. Putting al of your lives, as well as others lives in danger. How can you trust such a car? No you can't leave it there? Its basically a code 3 car!!!

Renaultabsolute rip off

i recently bought a Renault scenic 05 7 seater which wasnt a bad price but i had a parking brake fault so i took it to Renault and they said that it may need resetting which would cost 35 pound so i walked out the shop happy as i went to collect my car they said i needed a new parking brake unit which would now cost me 946 pound!! so i had no other choice but to have it done as i needed an MOT so 2 days i went to Renault and they said i also needed a new dashboard as it was faulty which will be another 150 on top so got the car back and then the ABS warning light come on so i took it back to Renault for them to do a diagnostic on it came up that there was a rear abs speed sensor fault, i was then told that it would cost 246 pound to have the brake pads and disks changed as they said there was teeth missing on the rear disk :S now i was really getting confused as when i bought the car they had said that the car had new brake pads...got home and took the rear wheel off to see if i could clean the disk then found that there was a lead that had broke off went on the net and found out it was the ABS speed sensor wire which could easily be replaced by myself at the cost of 40 pound and was the source of the problem so Renault was going to charge me 246 pound to change something that didn't need to be changed and still wouldn't of fixed the problem as it was the sensor so therefore Renault are complete rip offs and when they no you have already spent a lot of money they no you will pay more!!! i couldn't believe it when i found out so now i have saved myself 200 pound and wised up to Renaults tricks! BE AWARE

Renault Dusterdelay in delivery

i book duster on 02/07/2012 with Renault Ludhiana dealer padam cars pvt.lmt.after lunching i asked for delivery .dealer said 85ps model is not available so book 110ps top model .but i am surprised to know that dealer has booked rxl 85ps model on my name and delivered to some one ales .dealer ask me to take delivery of 110 ps rxz .i told them i want only 85ps rxe model in white color.they said it will delivered after 15/02/2013.but dealer give me in writing that car will delivered before 01/10/2012.what can i do now ?booking details receipt no 1738 date 02/07/2012 amount 50000 Puneet Garg m. no. [protected] e mail [protected]@gmail.com

Charles Hurst Renault — no new key

I ordered a new key for my car as my old one was not registering with my car which meant it was extremely...

Newtownards

Renaultbrand new car has problems and renault not interested

The handbrake makes the most diabolical sound when used on any hill.
                The clutch is sqeauking yet again.
                Friends that have been in the car with me have commented, and i quote: 'the car smells like it's gonna blow up any minute.'
                The engine makes a noise which sounds like the old diesel engines used to sound.
                It sounds as though something is loose somewhere on the car.
                O, let's not forget that I am completely unable to find any tyres for this car.

I refuse to take it into the workshop as my car has spent more time in the workshop than in my possession and all these extra problems have arisen after its forst service.

I find it quite diabolical that neither Renault International and Renault South África seem to take no interest or responablility for any of this.

I mean this is meant to be a brand new vehicle, are these problems the norm to all brand new cars? Or is Renault unique in this respect.

I just thought you might like to know exactly what is happening with the car at present.
                I have been complaining, not only to Renault South África but International aswell about an entire host of issues and Renault as a company could'nt be less interested. The South African CEO (Xavier Gobille) refuses to even talk to me, though he has never dealt with me. He seems to show no interest whatsoever in his customers and his PA (Georgia Richards) will not allow such communication to take place. Those were in fact her direct words to me. This matter could have been resolved months ago, but it seems Mr Gobille is too superior for the likes of his customers, neither does Renault International for that matter.

Renault ScenicI was horrified to discover the cost of replacing a broken brake cable on my scenic's electronic handbrake

Having been a loyal Renault customer for years, I was horrified to discover the cost of replacing a broken brake cable on my Scenic's electronic handbrake. Firstly, you cannot replace just the cable, you have to replace the entire handbrake (a very flimsy bit of kit). Secondly, the cost is extortionate at £354 excl VAT. Thirdly, and worst of all, once fitted the computer has to be reprogrammed to recognise the new handbrake, which entails another trip to the dealers (the only ones with the latest update) and another £72 excl VAT. So, total cost of replacement = £511 incl VAT, plus 2 trips to the dealers. A comparable cost with my other car (a Corsa) is £18 to replace the cable. Renault's reaction to my complaints letter was to attempt to sell me another car at a slight discount. This is not the first time that I have had to reprogramme the computer, always at a cost of £72. It seems as though they have you sealed into their dealers' computers. Be warned! I will not be buying from Renault again until they stop double charging for replacing what is already a prohibitively expensive repair.

Renault East London, South Africaservice refund

my husband bought a car at renault east london in may 2011, in july 2011 the car was invovled in an accident and was a write off and there was an amount the not paid. Now we learnt that Renault East London is suppose to pay a sum towards that amount as a service refund since there was never a claim. Renault East London is refusing saying its non refundable because there was no deposit paid in. As far I understand things the one has nothing to do with the other. what does one do in such a case. my husband was was not informed of this when he bought the car. On the renault website there is no contact details for complaint or for head office, we are tired of dealing with east london.

my husband is Onke Mti, id#[protected], cell# [protected], email address [protected]@ymail.com

Renaultgearbox

Renault - save £2745
                      If you have a Renault get rid of it - NOW!
                      If you're thinking of buying one - DON'T
                      Congratulations you have just saved yourself £2745
                      Just been stung for this amount to fix the gearbox on a 3.5 year old Renault Laguna (59, 000 miles). Dual Mass Flywheel, Clutch, bearings and idler gear. Took the car to Renault Dealer (Ness Motors Perth) - couldn't diagnose the cause of the whine from the gearbox. Took the car to James Allan (gearbox specialist in Edinburgh) - diagnosed the "Renault Gearbox" problem in 2 minutes flat. There's a design fault with this Dual Mass Flywheel arrangement (common across many if not all Renault gearboxes) which everybody seems to know about apart from Renault - who washed their hands of the problem. Real classy Customer Service - NOT!!!

Renault Latitude OEM Stereo Radio Car DVD Player GPS Navi Cav - 8070le — renault latitude oem stereo radio car dvd player gps navi cav-8070le

Renault Latitude OEM stereo radio Car DVD Player GPS navi CAV-8070LE DVD GPS Navigation special for Renault...

Renaultscam

I bought a car at Renault Germiston in March 2006. The car instalment was R999 with a deposit of 10 %.

When I approached the dealer I was told that I need to put in a deposit of R16 000 to qualify for the R999 monthly instalment. I then put it a deposit of R16 000. A pre-paid motor service for the car was issued to me which was valid for the period of 2 years or 45 000 KM.

To my surprise, at the end of the month, an amount of R1450 was deducted from my account. I approached the dealer with this matter and I was told that it will be corrected. I have been battling with this instalment problem since I bought the car, it is still not resolved.

I was involved in a car accident and that initial car was written off. My insurance was in a process to replace the car, my insurance told me that the dealer confirmed that I did not have a maintenance plan on my car. Of which it was not true because a pre-paid maintenance for 2 years was issued out to me, and I still the proof. I approached the dealer and they told me that the maintenance plan was cancelled because my instalments were subsidised, of which is not true because my instalment is standing at R1450 and not at R999, as advertised.

I further went through the contract that the dealer issued to me, there is a clause which says I must present the original contract with the original stamp at the end of the contract term, only to find that the dealer gave me a contract with no stamp on it, which renders the contract invalid. this shows some sort of dishonesty.

Furthermore, when I bought the car, I informed the dealer that I receive my salary of 25th of every month and therefore the debit order must be on the 25th of every month. that was not done, and I am still battling to get is sorted out.

I am tired of phoning Renault, I do not have the energy anymore.

I need someone who can assist me in this matter.

I will be glad if I can be refunded the additional R6000 that I paid, extra for deposit. My instalment be R999, as per the advertisement The service plan be re-instated, because those are the conditions that I bought the car under.

A1 Renaultno refund/communication received

I ordered a Servo for a Peugoet on 28 October 2008.

Was received and payment taken quickly enough.

However the part was declared faulty by local garage fitting the part.

Returned on 25 November 2008 to the garage by parcelforce (costing £10.99 + packaging) with letter explaining and asking for a refund as partds had to be quickly sourced elsewhere.

The telephone number provided was no incoming calls!!! and letters sent never replied to and still no refund received as at 22 December 2008.

Renaultfaulting paint job

I Bought a Renault Logan in 2010, after a couple of months the car had started rusting all over. At the 30 000km service I complained about the rust and the car was taken in to be fixed. A couple of weeks later rust started appearing again (all over) I complained about it at the next service and they said they would get back to me. Two phones calls and 15 oookm later they had still not gotten back to me. So at the 60 000km service I once again pointed out the rust problem. This time they came back saying I damaged the paint work myself and therefore the paint work was not under warrenty. Rust under the bonnet, between rear window and body, in the boot roof, car door hinges and top edges CANNOT possibly be damage caused by regular wear and tear! The paint coating is faulty, the rust is just everywhere on the car, the car is not even two years old! I will never buy Renault again, at the 45 000km service they wanted me to pay for wiper blades (which are covered by maintenance plans) and now this.Here are pictures of some of the rust spots, its unacceptable that a car less than 2yrs old is rusting!I spoke to the custormer service agent (AVON) which was a waste of time too.

Renault Clio 1. 5 DCIfaulty motor

I purchased a car in March 2008 at McCarthy centurion a Renault Clio 1.5dci, purchase price was R85 000, 2004, model, vin number VF1BB07CF29344695, and it’s got a full service history. As from April 2009 the car started having some endless problems. I have been servicing and paying for all the repairs on my car. The has been in for repairs with French-Tech-Auto, Renault Pinetown, Bosh Car Service (SA DIESELEC CC), and which they are RMI, Renault mechanical repair specialist, but the car kept on coming back with exactly the same faults and It could not start. A number of spares have been replaced, and have been given quotes to replace more parts which I have done but still the car is not starting. I have attached some of the quotes and invoices that I received from this repair center. Up to now the car is still seating with the repair center from, Tinlyns Business Park, 208 Gale Street DURBAN, contact Person: Pedro Matos ([protected]).
                              I have made numerous complaints about this car and no one seems to be interested to help me with my problem. The amounts that have been quoted and paid for this car are beyond the market value for the car, and it’s beyond economical to repair. I have been paying for this car from March 2008 until January 2011 and my settlement amount with westbank is still seating to more than R100 000, due to the interest accumulated.
                              I have only got to be able to use this car for only one year. As a customer I have never really enjoyed the use of the product the product I had purchase. I contacted Wesbank in January 2011, to advise them of my problems with this car and requested for the termination of the account as I could not afford to pay any more money on this vehicle due to all the faults that are on this car. Wesbank sent me a termination letter for me to sign and they said they would collect the car from the mechanics within 10 days and would cancel my contract, sell the car to defray expenses, and up to now, they have not collected the car and I’m now required to pay for the storage of the car since wesbank did not come to collect it. Even thought I had requested numerous times for them to collect their car and cancel my account with wesbank.
                              When does the consumer protection ACT comes in to play, because I feel that this is really unfair on me to suffer so much about this vehicle.
                              I need your assistant or advice on how I can get out of this dilemma, as I need to be able to buy another car soon, and not have to pay for a product that I have never had to be able to enjoy using.

My contact details are as follows, e-mail [protected]@gmail.com, cell number [protected]

Kind Regards
                              Nkosinathi Mzimela

Renault Cliocomplain about their service provider in cairo, egypt

When I bought my car (Renault Clio) in 2003, Arab Mechanics in Cairo, Egypt, was on the list of service and maintenance providers in Egypt and since then I have been dealing with them for any repairs.
                                On July 8, 2010, I went to have my AC car ferion recharged, but on spot, they convinced me that the condensor coil had to be changed. Trusting their judgement, I had them change it and I was charged 2050 LE for the exchange and Ferion gas refill. After one week I noticed that the cooling effect of the system was gradually deteriorating. I went to them immediately complaining about the condition. I went several times during the last summer and each time they recharged the gas simply explained that they could not find the source of the leak. On the fifth visit, they said they wanted to keep the car for three or 4 days to get appropriate time to do the diagnosis. I refused this because I can't stay without the car for such a long time especially that they don't offer a replacement car. At last we agreed to have the car stay for 2 days. This time they said that they discovered that the evaporator coil has to be changed and they wanted to charge me for 2000 LE for its exchange (claiming that this is the price of the part only).
                                Mad at them I asked for refund of my money for changing a part that was not responsible of any malfunction, they refused. I asked them to do the 2nd repair for free, they refused. I asked them to give a report about the whole incident - they first refused. When I insisted they said they will charge us for 200 LE a report which "in the manager's words" will be put in the way they see from their point of view. Mind you that each time I went to them they refused to issue any paper for the service being done about the results of exploration. Mind you also that I went to do a check with two aircondition repair services, they assured me that there is no leak in the evaporator coil and that the malfunction is in the compressor circuit.
                                This is my complaint - please advise me what to do.

Renault Sandero Cupinferior vehicle

I am writing here because I am one very unhappy Renault customer...
                                  I purchased a brand new Sandero Cup from Renault Durbanvile in January 2011, two weeks ago we had our first rain in the Cape and low and behold I get into my brand new car and see that the ceiling above the steering is wet as well as the carpeting under the steering. I was totally shocked now I understood the strange odor in my car from day one. .. no new car smell for me
                                  Their solution: they offered me a brand new car to replace the one I bought BUT I must pay in a further R8000.00 or they will fix it and hand my smelly car back to me.. Why?? I ask... I did nothing wrong? Well other than buy a Renault that is. Why must I pay for something that is entirely their fault, their shoddy workmanship? Should Renault not stand up for its reputation? They should give me a brand new non leaking car because that is what I thought I was buying in the first place. I understand it will come at a cost to them, but this is their fault not mine, I paid my R15000.00 deposit and unbeknown to me I was purchasing an inferior product.
                                  Renault has now had my car for two weeks; they found that the front windscreen did not have a seal. They have also since then found that they needed to replace the clutch and also the flywheel… my car is not even 3 months old yet…
                                  Renault South Africa, come to the party and do the right thing here. Trust me an unhappy customer you do not want…. As I feel now, I deeply regret ever stepping foot into a Renault dealership. Never again.

Julia Elliott

• As
                                      AshleyK Oct 21, 2012

I agree Julia I bought a Sandero Cup and I regret buying it definitely. I had so many issue when I bought it last year and Renault Cape Town did not give a damn. I have the car since February of 2011 and to be honest it feels much older than what it is. Granted the clutch got messed up when it went for a service but still it's a cheaply made car. I will never ever but a Renault. And whats worse I get screwed with insurance because it's a French even though it's made in SA.

• Mu
                                      Musa Ndlovu Aug 19, 2013

I am also one angry Renault customer, I bought my Sandero 1.4 on the 24th of April this year, last week Wednesday 14 /08/2013 after picking my daughter from school, when we got to the car, the steering wheel was locked, I stayed there for an hour trying to turn it round and round thinking it will unlock but to no luck until I realised that the car is not unlocking, then I called the AA and they toured my car to the nearest Renault Dealers .I actually thought it was a minor problem but to be told that "there need to replace the steering wheel and the amazing part being they don’t have parts in SA they need to order from France “ok I understand now get me a courtesy car while you sort all that” .You know its been 5 DAY today 19/08/13 I cant move to anyway, I Have my kids to school, I have work to get to, I attend night classes .And all I hear is we will get you a car, we are working on it . Very unhappy Musa

• Ka
                                      Kapuka Sep 03, 2016

I residing in Namibia and I bought the car from Renault Namibia. Six months after buying the vehicle, it started overheating and the reef kept on going up and down. I reported this problem to Renault in Windhoek on many occasions and I have proof of this. One day this car was parked under the shade at my workplace around 14h00 after I pick up my kids from school.

Around 15h00, I went out of my office to go pick up my wife from work, and when I arrived at the parking, I just saw water running under my car. Opened the boat, I just saw it came from my car. The car overheated again and the engine failed to function. I reported it Associated Motors Holdings in Windhoek. It was then taken there to be fixed. It was fixed and I was given a written guarantee that it was never to have that problem again, and that it was just a manufacturing problem and that AMH requested an expert from Renault South Africa and fixed the problem. But just two weeks ago, the water pipe got burst and the started overhearing again with a message on the display(Check Injection System) and this message has been there since the overheating problem started.

I discussed this with the managers at AMH Namibia, and as well as the MD. I am afraid to use this car anymore, and would like to talk to the MD of Renault South Africa before I take this further.

Kind regards
                                      Mr Frans Kapuka

Renault Twingo Bizu 2011 Platenew car

— furious, the worst customer service and so called 'repairs'! Absolutly disgusted! —
                                    2011 renault twingo bizu picked up 1st mark 2011 as pre arranged. Had it for 45 minutes and once home I realised that there was a blemish in the paint work on the right hand side of the car near the fuel cap. Phoned vw benfield up and spoke to the sales guy who sold me the car and he assured me it’d be covered under the warranty and that if I take it back in straight away they’d take some photographs of it and send it to renault.
                                    I went, photos were taken and a week later the car went into the garage to be repaired, I was then told by vw benfield that renault had rejected the claim and had apparently said that they were entitled to have two of these “faults” from the factory.
                                    Benfield said that they will pick up the bill, so gladly I accepted after being disappointed at renault’s sheer lack of responsibility. The car was in the garage for four days, to which I had a very nice, but very dirty courtesy car.
                                    On inspection at the garage the car looked fine, as if the work had been done and I was told the whole back panel had been removed and fully painted. Once home, I discovered a tape-line where they had in fact, not taken the whole panel off and painted as I had previously been promised, they had just marked where the blemish was taped around, and painted that bit. Furious, I phoned vw benfield back and was told to take the car back once again. I tool it back to which this very unpleasant ‘sales-man’ (I use that word lightly as he would have got no sale out of me what so ever!) inspected the car, I showed him the tape-line and he said to me “if that was my car I wouldn’t bother with it. It’s so small you can hardly see it” – I refrained from punching his lights in and simply replied “you wouldn’t buy a suit with a hole in it, would you? No matter how small the hole was?” as expected, the answer I got back was “err, no” – the same guy then offered to take the car back into the service department to have the fault once again “fixed.”
                                    After a few minutes debating what to do, I decided I did not want the car to back into the department as the fault/s seem to increase, rather than demolish them. The manager then came out, inspected the car, and offered me the job done again – I refused, and he offered me a free first service once it was due on the car. I received the letter and thought that was the end of the matter. Even though the mark was still on the car I felt like I had been compensated and was satisfied with the result.
                                    This morning (Five days after I got the car back, the car still only being twenty-four days old) I went to get some petrol on my way to work. As always I opened the fuel-flap and to my horror the flap fell off! I looked at the flap and all the connectors had been bent on the flap itself, and then on the flap still attached to the car they had been snapped off and then super glued back on! No surprise then that the flap would not reattach to the car as it was a botch-job. I phoned vw benfield back full of rage and they said “oh, bring it in tomorrow and we will order the parts and get it fixed” I said that I needed a courtesy car as I need to travel twenty eight miles to work and back to which he replied “ok, we’ll try and get one for you.”
                                    Not being satisfied with the so called ‘service’ so far and the fact that I was sold a brand new car that’s not even a month old yet in a disgusting state, and the ‘repairs’ that they carried out were to a very disappointing and unsatisfactory standard, I contacted renault directly, was put straight through to a manager who listened to me and noted all my disappointments down, he promised he would contact the dealers and follow up this complaint. He was the only person who I felt treated me like a customer and not a bank. Pity it was the complaint line!