RegWorkScammed me for $149.80

N

I was at work downloading paper work from another company, when regwork popped up and said that I would have to register with this company in order to download anything. Not understanding this at all, I agreed to purchase. I thought this would be the only way of retrieving my work. I donot do video games or music, if this is what it is about. I was charged twice for $39.95 ref# [protected] and ref#[protected]. Then I was charged $9.95 ref # [protected]. Also charged $59.95 ref # [protected]. I have no idea what these charges are. since I'm computer illiterate.Please help with this matter. I will appreciate your help. Total amount of complaint $149.80.

• Ge
    george j.kramser Mar 02, 2010

I paid $29.95 to clicbank on feb 15, 2010 reciept #etqb26jt, I sent 2 e-mails to support @ regwork.com--- they responded, on 02/23/2010, stating, that would contact me within 24 hours---to date Ive heard nothing, a banner keeps popping up, when I turn my computer on, from regwork, stating I have " 538 " problems with my computer---- please help, thanks, george kramser

norah b jones Mar 29, 2010

I paid excessively for down loading RegWork and it will not allow me access to the system. I would therefore request a refund. The ClickBank Order Number is EK9GV6FW.

Your immediate response would be much appreciated.

Regards

Norah Jones (Mrs)

Ronald vaughn Mar 31, 2010

Reg Work came on my screen and takes up the whole screen. I click it away and it comes back on in the lower right hand corner. I click it off and it comes back evertime I change the screen. How can I get it to go away and stay away? Thank you

Ronald vaughn Mar 31, 2010

These computer fixers come on the screen and steal your right to see what you want. You have to look at the advertisement whether you want to or not. These guys are like cockroaches. You can make one disappear but they keep coming.

• Rb
    Rbisys Apr 01, 2010

You probably have a malware infection. Try searching "Reg Work" and see if you come up with a free fix.
    Another one making the rounds is antivirus soft. It's out of Russia.

• Pa
    Paul Raines Apr 05, 2010

My licence says it was on a different computer. I changed servers but that was all, it's still the same computer. Thanks, Paul Raines [email protected] License Key 12ff6239-78d4716-9f88bdc7-8ab46e85

• De
    Dennis Dibble Apr 15, 2010

EQ3946J7 and EQ394697 were supposed tobe bght on 4/14/2010 I wish to cancel the sale and want the money refunded to my acct. Thiswas a bad add on to the transaction that kept on going and going that didn't end

• Re
    RegworkSupport Apr 16, 2010

Hello,

This is Kevin here. We will categorically respond to all requests.

Here's our refund policy - You can get a refund for any reason you are dissatisfied .
    just email us at support (at) regwork.com and we reply within one business day.
    We offer live chat remote access help from 6am to 10pm every day of the week to all customers. As we serve hundreds of customers a day, we expect a few complaints once in a while and we try to do our best to help out or refund the cash back.

If your key is not working, you can choose to regenerate one yourself on our website or email us at the above email address.

We are here to help at all times.

Yours Sincerely,
    Kevin

• Re
    RegworkSupport Apr 16, 2010

Hello,

This is Kevin here. We will categorically respond to all requests. You can remove the software by going to control panel and uninstalling it directly from there. we will be glad to help you with that if you wish with live remote access.

just email us at support (at) regwork.com and we reply within one business day.

We are here to help at all times.

Yours Sincerely,
    Kevin

• 3s
    3starfix Apr 18, 2010

I experienced a nearly identical problem with regwork. I thought I was ordering the basic regwork software at a special price of $9.95 and was billed $43.15. I complained to regwork, but their response was totally unsatisfactory. They said a discount of $10 was applied to the original price of $39.95, but I was billed $43.15. The logic and numbers just don't add up or make any sense.

Richard Parker
    Greensboro, NC

• 3s
    3starfix Apr 19, 2010

Follow-up: I received a refund of $43.15, credited to my Visa account.

Suggestion: If the vendor will not initiate a refund, your credit card company can reverse the charges of what you regard as unauthorized or fraudulent charges to your credit card or debit card.

• Ji
    Jim Cummings May 13, 2010

Regwork somehow got into my computer by mistake. I have tried there instructions to remove and keep getting error message. They said I can also go to live support and they will remove. The only way I can find to get into live support is to purchase license key from them. What they are doing has to be illegal. What consumer proctection branch can I file a complaint with? Would this be a matter for the FCC, FTC, State Attorney, or who?

• Ji
    Jim Cummings May 18, 2010

REGWORK IS AN ILLEGAL PARASITE! FILE COMPLAINTS WITH YOU STATE ATTORNEY, THE FTC, FCC AND ANY OTHER CONSUMER PROTECTION OR GOVERMENT AGENCY YOU CAN THINK OF! WE SHOULD ALL BAN TOGETHER AND FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT.

james mcbride 2 May 25, 2010

same thing happened to us and where can we get money back?

• Gc
    G.C May 25, 2010

I'm having the same problem with RW. I didn't request for this service, but some how it got into my computer. I honestly think it is a scam to get people to pay to have it removed and then it still remains. It is causing my computer to slow down dramatically and the computer repair man couldn't even get it removed. He said my best option was to set my computer back to factory settings, which I did, and then somehow it came onto my computer again. THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO TO GO TO EITHER.

• Ri
    richard bailey Jun 14, 2010

I responded to an on-line promnotion for a trial period. The cost stated was $9.95. I put the charge on my debit card. When the charge was entered it came up with $49.95. There doesn't seem to be anyone or any number on their website where I can call.

Richard M Bailey

• Wb
    wbaccarny Jun 20, 2010

I registered the regwork software after downloading it and they sent me a registration code. When I enter the regstration code it tells me first that the software is registered on another computer(which it is not!) and then says it is a invalid code. I do not see a contact or support option on their web site. I have PAID for something I can not use !!!

MARY KELSAY Jul 07, 2010

i bought this product on line. it worked once! know everytime it ask for the license# and i give it to them, they tell me it's the wrong #. i did'nt pay 29.95 for it to work once. !!! i want my money back or someone should e-mail me or call me. if you need the license # i will e-mail it to you the way you did me.

• Pk
    p.kroon Jul 19, 2010

Downloaded program and paid for registration Key which wont work after 4 attempts . Attempted contact with them but they refuse to answer .( Paid by credit car, stupid and should have used PayPal )
    Now all I want is my money back ie $49 and some change . But it will be very surprised if it happens, or maybe they will finally answer .
    Peter Kroon

• Pk
    p.kroon Jul 19, 2010

I intended the complaint as usefull

• Wi
    William H. Hubbard Jul 25, 2010

RegWork was workin fine than suddenly it no longer works! The computer attempts to configue it when ever I attempt to activate the program.

• Al
    Al D'A Aug 15, 2010

RegWork infected my computer and I am unable to uninstall it. It also disabled my Norton. I tried Control Panel Add/Remove, I tried using their uninstall under programs, and I tried uninstalling manually on the C drive.

Al D'A

Mary Landis Aug 20, 2010

I signed up for Regwork. it never stated how long the cost was for 3 mos, etc. now it wants me to sign up again. no # or e-Mail to call. i quess it worked okay, one it said it couldn't fix. if your a good company why would you not have a contact #.

• Ge
    George Bell Aug 29, 2010

I ordered RegWork online, entered key and was told key numbers were invalid so I can't access it

ROPESMITH Sep 05, 2010

Ordered a Regwork Errors Fix System at a reduce price. They charge me full price of $39.95. Did not receive a key to use the program. I inform them I did not have a key, they said it woould be e mail in 5 minutes.
    So no key, no program, and overcharged as well. It that program pops up delete it quickly.

• Di
    Dixie Boatright Sep 14, 2010

I just bought regwork. My activation key won't work and I want it off my computer and the 39.95 taken off my credit card.

• Di
    Dixie Boatright Sep 14, 2010

Plus they changed the price and I just didn't like acts after they got my credit card no.

• St
    stylez Sep 30, 2010

Take it up with your credit card provider, if you pay for a service and it isnt provided you are usually covered.

• To
    [email protected] Sep 30, 2010

I ordered regwork and was sent a reg key that said it was used on another computer. Want my money back.
    RB

• Ke
    kevin strate Oct 01, 2010

i had purchased a software that was suppose to clean and restore my computer i paid 40 plus dollars and downloaded what i needed and i get a v-key that doesnt work i was ripped off i want my money back asap i am also going to call bussiness bearu about this too i was happy until this i am very mad my name is kevin strate

• Go
    GotScammed Oct 02, 2010

RegWork is itself a virus. It is NOT a real software. It's whole purpose is to get you to volunteer your credit card information. You should contact your bank immediately so that the thieves that stole your credit card information don't continue to charge your card. I downloaded the RegWork paid 29.95 and it destroyed my computer. Ive asked for a refund about 6 times and havent heard anything. I very disapointed. I came accross a website called scamfound.org that states that its fake software. I wish i would have found out about this website before i got scammed!!!

Here's more info http://scamfound.org/rogue-anti-spyware-software/2289-reg-work-regwork-com-scam-alert-scareware-scams-counterfeit-software.html

• Dr
    Dr Andre van Rensburg Oct 22, 2010

I agree this is another gimmick to trick people to give their personal information. They should be taken off ythe cyber space environment!! Also got scammed. AVR

Marian L. Keith Oct 28, 2010

I would like to use what I wa charged for. Even tho I awas overcharged by aproximately $20.00 above what was originally priced for me. Now my "Key" willnot work at all. Would like resolution to tis problem.
    [email protected] If anyone could please help!!!

• To
    Tony Lovell Dec 20, 2010

i paid for the regwork service, and downloaded it. The next day it said to register again. When i tried to put in registrtation code, it said the code was registered to another computer, and wouldn't let mr register it again, after the money had already been removed from my account.

• Bi
    Billy Ray Harris Dec 21, 2010

I payed $39.95 for RegWorks to fix my computer. There add said that if I purchased product right now it would only be $29.95. If I used credit card insted of paypal I would be able to use product immediately. After giving credit card info Cost went up to $39.95. I got email from there bank showing my invoice. Never got my license key. After trying to get for four more hours RegWork said I would get key within 24 hours. That 24 hour periods ended 4 hours ago. Now when I try to get license key it says my email is not registered. What the hell is going on. I will contact attorney general, better business bureau. and anyone one else that will allow this kind of business to go on. Im definitely contacting microsoft and giving my two cense to them about supporting a company that uses these practices to make money. If your product dosent work you shouldn't promote that it works. Say how it is WE WILL TELL YOU HOW GOOD IT WORKS, CHARGE YOU WHATEVER WE WANT EVEN IF WE DO SAY ONE PRICE. AND AFTER WE GET YOUR MONEY YOU WILL NEVER GET TO USE OUR PRODUCT.WERE OUT TO STILL YOUR MONEY NEVER ANSWER TO ANYBODY AND THERE IS NOT ONE THING YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE CAN DO ABOUT IT...

• Fr
    fred chipman Jan 05, 2011

[email protected] or [email protected] license . e96d7c18-[protected]-9395cce9-2fc7fa3. not work. initials for 9.95 . 39.95 . 39.95 . 59.95. form [email protected] . call [protected]. now license .fred

• Fr
    fred chipman Jan 05, 2011

new email adders is fredchipman3490gmail.com

• I0
    I'am mad Jan 08, 2011

won't let me register my lic. Key Number. Also "DRIVER DETECTIVE" ALSO WILL NOT let me register my KEY number, both tells me to try later, every tim I try this is what it tells me. thank you, BILLIE COOK

• Ha
    Harry4967 Jan 10, 2011

I purchased Regwork, entered the license key and it didnt work! Several weeks later not realizing it was a product I had purchased previously I purchased another Regwork Key. This time the license key worked however the product didnt! One week later I had a total system crash and had to restore my computer back to the orginal instalation point. WHAT A RIP OFF!

• Je
    Jeff Engel Jan 16, 2011

I was offered a "Special Deal" of $9.95 instead of the discounted price of $29.95 (as compared with the Regular price of $39.95). When I tried to take advantage of that offer, the order form indicated that I was being charged the full Regular price. Since there is no way (that I can determine) to get in touch with the RegWork company, and I have seen more complaints listed regarding this very issue, I can only assume that this is a scam. The old saying seems to be true: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!