Regency Furniture Distributing Logo

Regency Furniture Distributing

Having problems with Regency Furniture Distributing?

+1 443 514 0410 (Catonsville, MD)
+1 540 785 3537 (Fredericksburg, VA)
+1 443 270 9301 (Glen Burnie, MD)
+1 301 445 8030 (Langley Park, MD)
+1 301 333 6412 (Largo, MD)
+1 703 492 6434 (Woodbridge, VA)
7900 Cedarville Rd

Woodbridge, VA
13191 Gordon Blvd, Woodbridge, VA 22191

Complaints & Reviews

shady delivery practices

Ordered furniture from their Langley Park, MD store back in Nov. 2011 & utilized their [layaway] to make my payments. Delivery/Shipping was included in the final price & I was directed to call in a week prior to my final payment to discuss delivery. Received a call the week of 1/15/12, to tell me that my furniture was in the warehouse and that if I wanted to, I could have my furniture delivered. When I shared that I would be paying by check, I was informed that I would have to wait 10 days for it to clear & that if I was able to come in to make a payment or call-in w/ my credit card, that could speed up the process.

I called the store on 02/01/12, (after seeing that the check had already been processed/cleared), & spoke with Victor, (after speaking w/ someone else who at first told me that my furniture could be delivered in two days and then telling me, no I had to wait), who directed me to call in the AM & speak with "Mr. Dana" to see about expediting my delivery, (as I had paid with a 'Bank' draft and not a personal check). On 2/2/12, spoke with "Dana", who informed me that he could not schedule delivery before the 11th, (and wasn't sure why Victor told me otherwise). He assured me that someone would call me on the 10th to give me a 4-hour delivery timeframe.

By the time I realized that no one had called me, it was after the business had already closed on 02/10/11, so I called this morning (02/11/12), at 9:00am and was told my furniture was not in the store/warehouse and so, there would be no way that I was told that my furniture would be delivered today. When I challenged the young lady, (who later told me that she was the Supervisor on call as Dana wasn't in), and told her that Dana himself had scheduled my furniture delivery, she continued to tell me that she wasn't sure why I would've been told that as there was no furniture in the warehouse/store.

When I shared that I had seen that they have a history of issues when it comes to delivery, (and other issues), and I am willing to file a lawsuit if I have to, the young lady told me to feel free, I'm still not getting my furniture today.

I'm serious about attempting to file a lawsuit, as it seems that they have no regard for their potential customers. They currently have an "F" rating with the BBB, as they fail to respond to and/or resolve complaints brought to their attention.

regency furniture store manager — mr. hammad (32 yers. old)

Regency Furniture Brandywine, MD 7900 Cedarville R.d Brandywine, MD 20613

Complaint Miss-Leading Furniture Price / Bootleg CD / Movies

Mr. Hammand (32 yrs. Old ) running Ad with missleading price with a very bad nasty attitude no training or what so ever when it comes customer service; also his main sale person selling bootleg cd and movies; while selling furniture; receipt price do not match on ad selling price; customer service very bad and the Regency Furniture Store Manager; do not know how to speak with customer; very irate. Reminder to all customer before buying make sure do not signed if your not sure if the furniture you bought is the same product number check yourself as there are no returned.

Raj.

• Ke
    Kel25 Mar 12, 2012

Beware---it's a cash and carry business. They accept personal checks but it takes two weeks for them to clear it. I was approached by salesman offering bootleg CDs when i walked in the door. Save yourself the frustration and go to reputable store like Haverty's. The quality is much better and customer service is great.

fails to honor warranty

I purchased furniture from Regency Furniture along with a 5-year warranty plan. I submitted my claim three...

poor customer service

I purchased furniture on 3/12/2011 and it was THE worst experience I have
ever had! I wish I would have went to Room Store, not only did my furniture
go to the wrong house, they NEVER confirmed my delivery time, I had to call
myself for that, they called the wrong phone #, were at the wrong house, AND
on top of all that when they opened the box they SLICED THE COUCH!!! THE
BROUGHT IN PICTURES OF MY NEWLY SLICED FURNITURE AND THEN PROMISES ME HE'LL
CALL AND DOESN'T. HE STUCK ANOTHER EMPLOYEE WITH THE PHONE CALL, HER NAME IS
ELOUISE, SHE IS SUPPOSED TO CALL ME BACK ON 4/26/11, AND YET SHE DIDN'T EVEN
WAIT ON ME IN THE 1ST PLACE! THIS WILL MAKE IT UP AS FAR IN THE CHAIN AS IT
CAN GET, THIS STORE IS POORLY OWNED & OPERATED!!!

• Ms
    MSTNT May 06, 2011

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU DO BECAUSE I HAD A VERY SIMILAR EXPERIENCE!!! I WAITED APPROX. 10 1/2 HOURS ON MY FURNITURE TO GET TO MY HOUSE... AND I AM STILL WAITING ON A MANAGER TO CALL ME BACK!!!

Not Fan of Regency at all Jun 09, 2011

I work for the US Government alsoa and completely 100 percent whole-heartedly agree with everything said in this comment. This company in Maryland is a complete rip off. Customer service is a BIG JOKE. They delivered a recliner to me that had been dropped and was broken in several places. It leans to the left. After almost a year of trying/beggin to get the recliner replaced they informed me that it was not a factory default and they would not be replacing my recliner. The tech they had finallysent out after a hundred attempts, confirmed the recliner had to have be dropped to have the damage it had done to it. But they said they would not be replacing my recliner. I spent close to $10, 000 in this store to be treated like this. Never again will I ever spend one cent in this store cause once you're out the door they don't care anymore. They also need to hire quailifed experienced personnel that are experienced in delivering your furniture instead of the Mexican immigrants that deliver the merchandise that don't speak aword of English.

• Mr
    Mr.L.F. Jul 18, 2011

The latest piece of furniture we were buying was a king storage bed and a chest. The initial transaction for the storage bed was on May 5th. Since then I have been told by this store that the mentioned storage bed was scheduled to be in on these dates: (June 5th, 15th, 30th, July 6th, 8th, and finally sometime in August). On June 5th, I was actually told that my storage bed was in the warehouse, and on every other occasion I had to come in to find out why my piece had not arrived. I stated to the younger manager that my fiancé and I were sleeping on a mattress on the floor, and with her having a new baby, the need was urgent, but the younger manager at this location was very condescending and acted like my business was not really important. After receiving numerous calls stating that my furniture would be in the next shipment, I asked if I could trade for another king storage bed. The younger manager agreed, so a salesperson and myself found another set I liked and I made a deal with the younger manager to exchange the original king storage bed for the one I selected for another $99.00, and it would be delivered for free. This was Saturday, July 9th, 2011 when we both agreed to this purchase exchange. On Monday July 11th, 2011, I came in to finish the deal, but now the younger manager stated that he made no such deal and had not talked to me at all about this; even after the sales rep stated that he had. I felt that my time, and the sales reps time, had been wasted for months and no satisfaction was offered by the younger manager, so I requested my money back for the king storage bed. The younger manager offered no apology, nor did he honor any of his agreements to me.

When I complained to the company headquarters, the only person I ever heard from was the Largo’s stores the Administrative Assistant- who gave me the same deal offered by the same manager, who gave me that same original deal and backed out, in the first place. I politely turned that deal down because my time and gas had been wasted numerous times going back and forth to that store. I received no other responses to my complaints. This experience, to me and my fiancé, has deterred me from purchasing anymore furniture from any of their stores, and will cause me to not recommend their furniture stores, to any of my family, friends, and associates again. I will NEVER shop at any of these stores again.

• De
    DevKa Apr 26, 2012

If you shop at Regency Furniture "BUYER BEWARE" Any customer service ends as soon as they have your money in their hand. I will not go into detail regarding our horrible experience of receiving damaged furniture that they refused to replace. I threaten to sue them and that is how i got my money back after a battle of may be 3 hours or so. I will never ever go to any of their stores ever again.

poor customer service/non-disclosure/

DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS ESTABLISHMENT. Their customer service ends at the time you purchase and leave the...

mattress have bed bugs

Wow wow wow let me introduce myself my name is george roach i bought a mattress set at regency furniture the...

a real scam

my name is david lipscomb i bought a living room set, dinningroom and a bedroom set okay i thought every...

do not shop at regency furniture!!

WARNING!! Do Not Shop at Regency Furniture. They are a complete rip-off. This store allows you to lay-away and hold furniture and will not allow you to cancel. They will not return your money nor will they return a check that you are using to hold furniture.
Oh, and let's not talk about the fake free delivery offer. They say on the commercial that they have free delivery, but when you go in, it's free curbside delivery. They drop your furniture on the curb and you have to figure out a way to get in the house.

Here's the SCAM!! You go to buy furniture, they pretend like they have the furniture and when you get home, they call you to tell you that they don't have it or its broken an it will take weeks to arrive in the warehouse, when you decide to cancel, they will not cancel or they charge you a 10% cancellation fee. In my case, I wrote a check to hold until 2/16/10 and then I was to bring the full amount of my order into the store so that I could schedule delivery. When I arrived with the full payment, they were to give me my check back (the check was for $1585.00). Well, when I found out that they didn't have the furniture in stock, and they couldn't tell me when they would have it, I decided to cancel my order, they decided to deposit my check anyway. This was after I called them and told them that I was coming to pick up the check and to cancel the order. No one ever called me back from customer service, they pretended like they would cancel the order and deposited my check anyway.

Thank goodness I checked my account in time and I put a fraud stop on the check at my bank so they won't get my money but buyer BEWARE!! These Arab guys are scam artist and they are relentless and will not give you your money back period!! The bad part about it is that they use black sales people as operatives to run the scams on black people. I am so appalled and ashamed at my people. There are black sales people and black women running the financial part all knowing how Regency operates. My advise to you is not to go to Regency!! If you do, remember I told you so!!

• Mi
    Mike_Jones Jun 05, 2010

DO not do not do not shop their you will never get your furniture it takes 6 weeks to get and that only half of it you have to be home from 8 am till 6pm they will come any time and if you miss it you have to wait a week agian and pay again their is no refund the furniutre was wrong when I got it they told me to keep it in the house for 3 weeks till a new one comes and dont sit on it or they will not take it back what was I going to sit on after all was done it was 2 month till I got my furniture

• He
    hector l Sep 26, 2010

I Have the same problem, but what can we do, is there any gov.officce where we can put our complaints, if somebody know can you sendme The address. Thanks

• Jb
    j.bravo Oct 11, 2010

it's really true they told me that if i don't need the furniture or if i found abetter deal some were else they would beat the price and it's all bull [censor] they only gave me a store credit but ok becouse this is one of my many complaints and i will make it my job to keep the complaints going for those who want go to www.bbb.com for a bigger complaint i sent mine you need to check bbb the complaints on there are extremly bad about regency i wish good luck for everyone that shops there and have fun

• Fh
    fharris Jan 19, 2011

Did you guys read everything before you purchased? I got everything on time and in a timely fashion. You have to understand not everything can be exact 100% the way you want it, that's not how the world works. I understand when something doesn't go your way you get upset, but in my case and what seems like a lot of peoples cases that I've spoken to they go the extra mile to make things work for their customers.

do not shop at ashley furniture!!

Warning!! Do not shop at regency furniture. They are a complete rip - off. This store allows you to lay -...

refund

Problem: I had went in to this furniture store on March 7, 2009, we purchase a sofa. We were told then that...

customer service is horrible!

For those who have intentions in purchasing furniture - DO NO BUY FROM REGENCY FURNITURE STORE in Largo MD...

I will never go to regency furniture again!

I purchased a Sofa from Regency Furniture, at the Largo, Md store and I also requested for special fabric on...

cancellation policy is a rip off!

I visited the Regency Furniture Store in Largo on April 12,2007. I saw a bedroom set that caught my eye, so I put the set on layaway. The set was a 1,300 dollar set. The following day I went out and did some shopping and saw a set at another store that I purchased and I went back to Regency to cancel my layaway. I was informed that they would give me a refund minus a 10% charge.

I put $350 down on my layaway so they kept 142.00. I asked if they could give me a store credit for the 142.00 and they said no. I think that their cancellation policy is just a fancy way of them taking people's money. The manager that was on duty was no help and offered no solutions and was hardly listening to me. I will never shop regency again because of their unfair store policies. I could see if I had my layaway in for a while, but it had not even been 24hours and they charged me 142.00. It's not like the items had been ordered or anything so what is the 142.00 for?

• Su
    Sudhir May 09, 2008

Not only their cancellation policy but thir custmer care service is not for caring the customer but themself only... Customer service will tell you taht Mr. LEE their GM will call you but he will never call... You have done the right thing not to go there. I am fighting for more then six moths for a sofa set I purchsed from them. It has bad workman ship/ defective

• Ev
    Eva Patel May 28, 2009

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING AT REGENCY FURNITURE IN YONKERS, NY 2350 CENTRAL PARK AVENUE. ALSO, DO NOT LET ANYONE IN THE STORE CON YOU INTO GETTING A GE BANK CREDIT CARD AT THE STORE. I SAY GE BANK AND REGENCY FURNITURE ARE BOTH WORKING TOGETHER TO RIP OFF HARD WORKING CONSUMERS. I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN THIS STORE. MY NIGHTMARE CONTINUES TO THIS DAY ONE YEAR LATER...IT'S TOO LONG TO GO INTO BUT THE LATEST IS GE BANK CHARGED ME $1, 300 A RIDICULES WHOPPING FINANCE CHARGE BECAUSE THEY CLAIM THE DEFERRED FINANCE CHARGE PROMO WAS GOOD FOR ONE YEAR. THIS IS NOW MAY 2009 BUT WE DID NOT GET OUR FURNITURE UNTIL AUGUST OF 2008. GE BANK SAID CALL THE STORE BECAUSE THEY PUT THE PURCHASE THROUGH IN APRIL OF 2008. RIPP [email protected]#$%^&*()[email protected]#$%^&*()_#$%^&*() I REPEAT DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS ESTABLISHMENT!

chanel.michelle Oct 05, 2009

Someone help me out - I wish I would have done my homework before going to this store. I feel like I am about to get gipped. Can I just contact my bank and say my deposit is false and I will not even be recieving my merchandise? They sold a couch of ours and supposedly ordered a newo ne - but that does not make sense because when we were there - this couch was discontinued and they had no more - anywhere.

They have awful customer service and their policy is bogus. We have "two weeks" until the furniture shows up...I feel like it wont show up and if it does, itll be the wrong items.

• Jb
    j.bravo Oct 11, 2010

man it's crazy how many people have complaints about regency after what happened to me i'm really happy that people are taken action against these scam's that regency are doning i wish they can send some to spy on them and shut them down and i found out that they own a few ashley home stores in the baltimore area so always do your research about anyone before you buy anything i will soon make a video and put it on youtube all about regency furniture then you will see how bad it will be b/c i got more to do for them i will make sure they close down watch me make it happen good luck everyone and do not i mean do not shop there or you will see what everyone is talking about

• Fh
    fharris Jan 19, 2011

I think that store in Yonkers is a different Regency.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices