RegCure SoftwareDidn't do was it was suppose to

M

Purchased Regcure, as to their web page recure is suppose to fix all of your computer problems. My computer problem is system root>32hal.dll, these is one of the problems that regcure says that their program will fix for you. What a damn lie, not only did it didn't fix the problem, but they overcharged me by ten dollars, the program was suppose to be $29.00 but they decided to charge me $39.00 instead of the twenty nine dollars that they advertise, I have written regcure several E-mails, bu they chosen not to return any of my E-mails.

Mad as hell!!! Keywin.

• Ka
    Karen Kenney Sep 11, 2008

Was having problems with computer, bought Regcare for $29.99, was charged $39, but figured if it helped me, I would overlook the overcharge. What a mistake. My system is now wrecked- and I cannot download anything at all, keep getting new errors. Now I have to have a professional remove the viruses. AND worry about my security being breached by this bootleg system.

• Gl
    glen knight Jan 02, 2009

i want my money back

margaret l ryan Feb 13, 2009

Sirs I have tried to contact RegCare, Told them I didnot wish program. When I could not get through to them I agreed to down load(5 sites) To this date I have been receiving notices to buy. As of today I have (4) ID #. I am so confused on what I have. I do know after down loading, presumably (5 sites) I had (3 Trogens ), The notification came form another site.

joe Feb 24, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I ordered it under the premise that the cost was $29 as advertised but was then charged $39. Lesson learned. Never trust anything you purchase over the internet, especially something that seems too good to be true!!!

• Gl
    glennschevygirl Mar 07, 2009

I am sorry for every1's luck with Regcure. I have had them for over a year now and no problems with them so far...But I did have to uncheck a few things so it wasn't auto deleted because it was supposed to be there. If I find anything out about who every1 can contact I will post a comment.

chick meech Jul 01, 2009

Bought Reg Cure PowerPack Pro (5 different licenses) after installation and running of just 'Reg cure' Computer crashed and could not boot it up - kept getting some type of "DLL" message. Had to install new O/S on computer to get it to open and go online..Now other programs I had are also running erratically or very slow. Thank God I had a Memeo backup program to assist in this mess.. Am stopping payment to Pay Pal on this item. Advise others to beware!

• Re
    Regor Jul 15, 2009

I downloaded what was touted to be a FREE download of RegCure. Well, OK, in truth the download itself was a free activity. The product however turned out not to be free at all.

When I installed and ran RegCure there was a message that notified me that it had found over 1000 errors on my system. Fantastic! There was a neat little 'Fix Errors' button so I quickly clicked on that. Nothing happened... No bells, no whistles no nothing'.

Then a popup message informed me that the unregistered version which I apparently had downloaded would only fix a portion of the errors and those were in just two of many categories. I was encouraged to pay for the full version which I was assured would remove all the nasty errors that were remaining.

I thought this was trialware not accursed crippleware. There was no indication otherwise that I could see on the website. I never download crippleware. How can you properly evaluate a crippled program?

I was pi**ed. I didn't even bother to run the crippled program before un-installing it.

Now I have no complaint about their offering crippleware if they wish to. I just think they should make it clear what they are offering. I don't expect something for nothing. I thought it was a limited time evaluation version like so many others. I feel the website information is misleading. I never ran their crippled program. After reading all these horror stories perhaps I should thank them for that?

This may very well have no connection to RegCure in any way however immediately after un-installing the product my virus checker lit up like a Christmas tree and it removed some new malware and several trojans. Understand that I am NOT accusing RegCure of anything. It just happened that way.

• Ca
    Carrielou Dec 08, 2009

I was not able to log into my own computer after downloading RegCure. I couldn't log into my own profile. Somehow they changed my login settings. I had to take it to Best Buy, where they had to back up my hard drive, and then reset everything. I was told by the Best Buy techs that RegCure is what did it.

After that I deleted Reg Cure, but maybe I didn't get all of it.

The exact same thing happened again - I couldn't log into my own computer, but it may have been a result of me trying to change my email account.

• Zb
    Zbigniew Okolowicz Apr 17, 2010

To much problems. I wont my money back.

• Bg
    Bgus 2 Nov 26, 2010

I purchased regcure on 11-24-10 for $39.94-I was unable to solve the problem I had with it and cancelled-even removing it from my computer. I have paid my AT&Tcard and have not received my money back guarantee.
    What do Ido now-I cannotuse what I do not have and the money has not been refunded as promised. Gussie

• Bg
    Bgus 2 Nov 26, 2010

I want my money back and and soon. Bgus 2

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices