Having problems with Red Roof Inn?

Red Roof Inn reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 5, 2007. The latest review Cleanliness of room was posted on Apr 13, 2021. The latest complaint made to stay in room with broken toilet and told not to flush it! was resolved on Jul 15, 2019. Red Roof Inn has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 330 reviews. Red Roof Inn has resolved 29 complaints.

Red Roof Inn Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 733 7663 (English)
+1 877 733 7244 (Español)
Red Roof Guest Relations, 2071 N. Bechtle Ave. Box 226
Springfield, Kentucky

Red Roof Inn Complaints & Reviews

Red Roof Inn — poor service and lack of caring and loyalty toward me. total greed!!!

I have been a loyal patron to R. R. I. since 2008. I've spent thousands and have actually gone out of my way...

Red Roof Innunethical behavior

On January 28, 2017 my wife & I arrived at the Red Roof Inn. 652N Dupont Hwy, Dover DE 19901. After calling 5 hours prior to arrival the nightshift
Manager informed me that a room was available two full beds when I arrived.
When I arrived at your business I was greeted with total desrespect from the dayshift manager Mr. Vinjay Parat aka Vinny. He was very rude and loud informing me that his nightshift suprv was in fact new and didn't know what he was talking about. Mr. Parat not only refused to honor the agreement he basically sent me walking stating no rooms would be available until 2:00 p.m.
This gentleman should be retrained regarding customer service. He was extremely unprofessional and "BLATANTLY" unconcerned about servicing my needs.

Sincerely,
Yarmon D. O'Kelley, Ret. USAF
20250 Heyden Street
Detroit, MI 48219

Red Roof Innkicked out for pointing out problem

I am a 53 yr. old disabled man who's traveling with my caregiver. We needed a room during a week of inclement weather. On Jan 11 in Portland, OR, I bid on the last available room which was at Red Roof Inn. It was more than I wanted to spend, being on disability, but glad to have it. We went to the room and my caregiver, Travis, checked it out for my safety. Immediately we both noticed roaches on the bed and wall and the one that was a completelunch disgusting; roaches crawling on the plastic wrapped cups by the sink. He talked to the Manager and checked out another room that appeared to be fine. In the morning, I was by the sink and noticed something on the light fixture. I reached for it and recoiled in horror when I discovered a used syringe sitting on the very dusty fixture, the Mgmt insisted was cleaned daily, but refused to come look at. An argument ensued between Travis and very rude manager who told us we had to leave. I pointed out his unprofessional behavior and asked why he was being like this and why he refused to come look at what I found. I have this all on a recording Travis had the wherewithal to record. I CANNOT believe that we were being put on the street in the middle of the week we paid for in advance over something so trivial . It makes no professional sense to throw a disabled man out on the street in 20 degree weather without a refund or relocation to alternative accommodations over what? I have over 30 experience in the Hospitality Industry and have never experienced such unprofessional behavior. I will contact the Better Business Bureau, the Oregon Lodging Association, local news stations, as well as my local business contacts and groups of businessmen that routinely travel and frequently stay at no frills hotels such as the Red Roof Inn. I expect to hear from you today, Jan 14 by 11:00 AM, the time we're expected to vacate the premises. You may relay this message through the same management of Red Roof Portland that set this into motion. I am very disappointed and angry my year had started off on such a sour note. Douglas P. Finnell
    (Photos and Audio recording available on request)

Red Roof Inn — double billing for same room same night

Date: 13 Nov 2016 - Booked reservation 1 night (14 Nov - 15 Nov) through Booking.Com for hotel room at Red...

Red Roof Inndirty room, unable to give receipt, no hot water, foul smell

Stayed at the I95 and Santee location on Saturday Nov 5. When I registered they told me they couldn't print a receipt but would e mail me one. Still haven't received it. I took my shoes off walked to the bathroom in my white socks. The carpet was filthy. In the morning when I went to take a shower, there was no hot water. No water was coming out of the faucet so I did not get to take a shower. Room also had a foul smell. There were no other rooms at nearby motels so I couldn't leave. Would like my money returned.

Red Roof Innbad customer service. very unsatisfactory house keeping.

I heard about the Redroof Inn so I decided to stay a few nights.. Upon my arrival I noticed the stinch of mildew and smoke in the hallway. Entering the room, the bathroom was half cleaned, the floor was dirty and had not been mopped in days. The maintenance man was extremely rude!! Overall my experience at the Redroof Inn was totally unsatisfactory. I recommend to try the "Holiday Inn"= It's a four star hotel, when RR Inn is only a 2 star.

Red Roof Inn Wichita Falls, TXdesk person had an altercation and in front of customer became belligerent

I came in to pickup some paperwork for my husband from his employment previously as I was required to have it for unemployment. When I came in the employee was very beligerent and confrontational. I asked him when I could expect the rest of the paperwork since it was only partial, he said he didn't know nor care, at this point I stated "well that's a gray area" and he started screaming in the lobby in front customers and everyone Yes I'm gay, Fyou, get out of here you f'en c--t, filthy language, called me every name in the book, I asked for the paperwork and he tore it up in front of me and threw it. He then threatened to call the police, I advised that he do but instead he screamed louder until I left just to not deal with this. I've been in customer service for many years and had I ever used language like that I would be fired in a nano second, but the manager and this other person are "involved" so I see no punishment coming. I've contacted every one I can, tried to file complaints, no one wants to deal with this. So, this person is allowed to be in a professional position but will talk filthier than a drunken sailor, that's ashame and a poor representative for the company. What can we do to not let this happen, or he just does it, and it's okay?

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg - Northhotel room

I have attached a sample of photos of a room I was checked into at the Red Roof Inn 400 Corporate Cir, Harrisburg - North on September 2nd. We had reserved 2 rooms online for 2 nights and my card was charged $322.18. Right when we walked in we were met with a strong odor of smoke and animal feces. We then discovered moldy, rotting food in the microwave, mold in the fridge, urine on the wall of the bathroom, dirt and mold all over the rest of the room. We did not even go into the 2nd room. We attempted to get the front desk person (she refused to give her name 3 times before finally claiming it was Debbie) to clean it, to move us, anything, but they refused. She told us we could leave and then refused to provide us with a refund. This is not safe or healthy for any human being to stay in. There was also a nude man running through the hallway harassing guests, the police were actively searching for him while we tried to get a resolution to the unsanitary conditions. My children were not safe there. It's been over a week and they are still refusing contact, refusing a refund, the only response I've gotten from Red Roof is from whomever runs their twitter page. We could not safely stay in the room. The room was misrepresented to us on the reservation. They probably rented the room and obtained double pay for it. We are owed our refund of $322.18.

hotel room

Red Roof Inn — dirty motel room

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Saint Louis May 31-June 1, 2016. The toilet wasn't clean and there were...

Red Roof Innfacility

I cannot begin to describe my shock and dismay of the hotel encountered on a road trip. I have never experienced anything like this in my life and I've traveled coast to coast in the US, and traveled throughout Europe. I could not take a shower and we didn't even remove our clothes. As you can see, the sheets looked slept on, the towels were gray with hair hanging from them and there was hair in the tub. The microwave was dirty and the refrigerator leaked. The door frame did not fit properly. The entire room and floor were filthy. I got about three hours of sleep before continuing my travels. Of course, breakfast was not provided and the clerk stated he'd asked booking.com to update their website. Be aware this is NOT a Red Roof Inn as you know it. It is a Sleep Inn that is under construction. I was lost looking for the Red Roof Inn sign. The photos tell the story. I was given 20 percent off but it should have been free. The hostels I have stayed in were luxurious compared to this. It's sad that Red Roof Inn is allowing this deception in advertising. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!

Margielynn Apr 05, 2016

Red Roof Inn — I was charged twice on a room

I checked in to the Red Roof Inn Lithonia Ga and I checked by credit card and I was charged twice for the...

Red Roof Innhotel room

I am complaining about the location of 5171 Brook Hollow Pkwy, Norcross, GA 30071
                Phone:[protected].
                the smell so bad in the room, next there were roaches in the room, the place look dirty, the staff wasn't helpful, the door wouldn't shut closed, I couldn't sleep there so I slept in my car, the only thing that was good was the shower, dirt across the floor, , Lights didn’t work, No working electrical outlet, no A/C or heat, stains on the walls and ceiling, The chair was old and tore, needs to be replaced. Now I am sick and wasn't before I enter the room.Will never stay there again, and would not recommend for anyone.
                I never received an receipt., Luckily they charged my card so I know the price Will never stay there again, and would not recommend for anyone.
                I left a message for the manager and never heard from anyone. That was the worst service and location that I ever seen. I didn’t feel safe or appreciated as an customer. Honestly I don’t think I deserve to pay for this room, $68.73. I been to a lot of redroof before and every time I did I always had good place to stay and no complaints.I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW!!!

Red Roof Inn — pool unusable

I booked a room in Muskegon heights on wed Feb 10th 2016 to come visit my son I booked this hotel for price...

Norton Shores

Red Roof Inn — very poor customer service.

We had a group of 8 we had 2 rooms side by side. We were going in and out of both rooms. Some time while we...

Red Roof Inn — hotel

My room - Toilet would not flush, coffee pot did not work, outlet did not work, door would not shut when...

Uhrichsville

Red Roof Innthe room/price

This redroof have new owners and it shows. I visit here on 11/28/15 to start she charged seventy dollars for a room the bed is very low to the floor when they used to be high and slept very well but now they are very uncomfortable. Spots all over the blanket, the bathroom had mildew on the shower curtain, black stuff all around the tub and the tub was not cleaned at all the sink was dirty as well. How are you going to charge that amount but your rooms are filthy and bed are hard you can feel the wire ...Please bring back the previous owners they really took care of this hotel but now it's not worth the stay...very pissed can I please get a refund. My contact info [protected]@gmail.com

Red Roof Inn — does not honor room-type reservation

Reserved a Non-Smoking Superior King at this location 24 days in advance, in Sept 2015. Vips Patel, the...

Red Roof Inn — should be ashamed for putting their name on such a disgusting building

Having stayed at the Gallup, NM Red Roof Inn two days earlier, we were relieved to find a Red Roof Inn in...

Red Roof Inn Fresno CA — hotel stay

I arrived at the Red Roof Inn in Fresno, Ca and could not believe the conditions of the grounds . It wa...

Red Roof Innsextremely bad hotel stay

Stayed on 8/2/2015. Could not get any sleep. Construction next door starting at 7:00AM. Noisy air conditioner in room, had to turn off and then back on at 2:30AM due to unbearable heat, couldn't get back to sleep. Manager could not fix air conditioner and was not interested in our problem. Dehumidifier in room very loud and I had to shut it off to reduce the noise level in the room. Live large spider in bathroom which made us wonder what other creatures lived in the room. Dirty bathroom, musty smell, front door that was not secure, it would not close properly. Manager not available to address our complaints. DON"T STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP!!