Menu
Home Scam & Fake Checks Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Wii contest
Author of the complaint
5:10 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mail outs were received by many customers in their monthly magazine. We are asked to go to web site www.rd.ca/wii and enter an access code. The contest is to end on Aug 31? There is no such website or contest. Apparently there was one In November of 2007, but that was some time ago. That date was the close of the contest. Well, stung again eh. I didn't think that RD would really do this to it's faithful customers... SHAME ON YOU! We should all be compensated for their error. I won' t hold my anything waiting.

Helpful? 0 0

More Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands complaints & reviews

122 comments
A
Apr 26, 2008 5:10 am

I TOTALLY AGREE with the complaint, as I too have tried for this contest and another previous one, and NEVER found the so called existing site. Seems a person has to be a computer expert just to get to the site listed, and I work in the field! What it boils down to is the company NOT supplying the proper instructions to GET to the so called site by first going to either their main site or some other site that allows you to access the www.rd.ca/ssvault site.

Jan 09, 2016 5:10 am

Said I won a prize and sent me a check for just over 6, 800 dollars to cover lawwyer and insurance cost...the prize was 2.5 million dollars...

W
Mar 05, 2011 5:10 am

I cannot find area to enter Wii contest access code 51345

0 0

My name is Sylvie and I work for Reader's Digest in Customer Care. If you are looking for the contest at www.readersdigest.ca/access, it is possible that you will not find it by using Google (or any other search engine). To get to the contest page, you need to type the URL (address of the contest - will start with www.rd.ca/) into the address bar of your web browser. Please see attached.
I hope this clarifies the matter for you but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at [protected] or to email us at [email protected]

Dec 11, 2012 5:10 am

You are Scam artists I'm cancelling my subscriptions. You are ### taking us for a bunch of fools. I wont deal with you again. you are crooks! Grace Dove

Dec 11, 2012 5:10 am

Why is reader's digest indulging in scam contests? Everyone gets the same numbers What kind of a loser contest is this?. I won't be renewing my subscription in 2013 as you indulge in fraudulent practices.
Grace Dove

J
Dec 05, 2012 5:10 am

dec 5/12 Was away for 1 week, cannot get back on the $5, 000 giveaway contest - tried 2 different access codes nothing worked
this is a waste of my time, I have been a subcriber for 30 years. This contest sucks. Janet Jacob

0 0

your contests are crap..in my way of thinking...how do you enter them. NOT BY EMAIL> how else? I know '''''BY ENTERING YOUR NAME TO ORDER ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS?
I have been entering your contests for about 45 years and all Iget for my efforts is a wrong Email ADDERESS< do u treat all your former readers like this.u r off my list of material that I can trust. My loss!

K

I have also received the same number 88942 what is this about after entering your contest for the last 15 years no wonder I never win with us having all the same numbers. You also keep sending me a bill for books I returned two months ago.

[email protected]

B

I got a fancy card ( immediate attention required) Entry Closing Notice, I proceeded to the web side and entered this access code 88942. Your message came up : sorry ERROR
the CODE is not valid. It is insulting to receive your mailings and I can see on the comments that more people receiving your SPAM notices.
Please cancel my subscription.

Nov 21, 2012 5:10 am

i have threee cards here. GPS82967 ipod 14941 monthly 88942 now what do u want me to do with them mail them back to u

K

My name is Chelsea. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

I am sorry that you were unable to find the contest. If you are using Google or another search engine, it is possible that you will not find it. When you have a web address (URL), all you need to do is type it into the address bar.

I hope you will try again.

Chelsea

E

Tried to enter contest, but unable to get to the website. PLEASE, this is not the first time. If its so urgent, how do I get to it?

Jul 13, 2012 5:10 am

I entered your contests...and I said no to a subscription at least 3 times...I filled it out over coffee one day because the letter told me I could enter without subscribing, so I did. I don't want your books, pens, magazines and so on so please take me off, and I can send back everything you gave. I don't want to say this again.
Bobbie-Jo Thompson, Vernon, BC
email - [email protected]

B

I agree with all the former comments, This is a big scam. Reader's Digest -- We all know!
And I will not be part of this. Save your postage ! ----- I will refuse all further mailings!
Bruno A. Keller

B

I agree that this is so complicated no one will possibly ever win. Why do you persist in dealing with your customers in this way. Once my subcription expires that is it for me.

Betty S. British Columbia

0 0

Please quite sending out these contest cards that no-one can enter because these sites do not exist. I am sure that all these so-called contests are nothing but a grand scam and a waste of all respondents time and efforts!

DONALD KREEWIN

0 0

I also rec'd the $5, 000.00 monthly payout prize # 88942 (deadline 06/30/2012). Where are we supposed to enter this code? There is no place to enter this entry access code. Reader's Digest has always been trustworthy; what happened?

M
May 23, 2012 5:10 am

I got the same card with the same code number and no way to get to the web site it said

W
May 15, 2012 5:10 am

where do I find the place to enter the ##88942 I ask the same question do we all enter the same # and all win please contact @ [email protected] Ward Jackson

May 15, 2012 5:10 am

I note I too received the $5000.00 monthly pay out card in my latest mag and several folks have the same number. Do we all get $5.000.00 each? What kind of a scam contest is this? Gerald Alkerton

L
May 13, 2012 5:10 am

Hi.
I got a card with my latest issue of the monthly Readers Digest. It instructed me to contact this site, and 'Enter this accee code for bonuc eligibility: 88942."
I am, Miss Lyn Saunders of Unit 1997, at 1785 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, postal code" K1G 3T7. My telephone number is: [protected].
Lyn

0 0

I agree wholeheartedly with every thing he says.

Dec 10, 2011 5:10 am

Your contests suck. None of them are available to enter. The sites DO NOT exist.
This must really save you lots of money. If you cared AT ALL for your customers you would provide an address that we could use. Your contests are a WASTE of MY time.

S
Feb 23, 2011 5:10 am

I have tried to enter the win 1 out 3 ninendo wii.it wii not accept my access code.

S

I only received my code # to enter the wii contest today & everytime I input the website as per the notice it comes up website unavailable. I can't even get to the screen where you input your code. I am very disapointed with this contest. I would like to enter but getting discouraged! Please fix ASAP readers digest!

D
Dec 06, 2010 5:10 am

I too have tried to enter 2 of RD's contests and both sites do not exsist? Very dissapointed with RD...

0 0

Tis mis the second I`ve received this contest. I cannot enter the cannot enter the site . Stop sending me this
invalid this stupid invalid entry.

Norma Gagne Cyr

Hello notamember,

I am sorry if you experienced difficulties in finding a contest advertised by Reader's Digest. I can assure you that if we advertise a contest it is valid and available.

However, certain contests are "by invitation only" and will not be found on our website or through a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.). In order to participate, you must enter the URL provided in the address bar of your web browser or follow the instructions in my previous message.

You may also reach Reader's Digest Customer Care by going to our website at www.rd.ca.

Sylvie Robert
E-Care Coordinator
Reader's Digest Canada

Sep 29, 2010 5:10 am

i am just echoing complaints.i can't access my entry code

N
Sep 10, 2010 5:10 am

Sorry Chris, but it does not work by doing it the way you suggest. I do not know what you did but it certainly was not what you posted. This is not the first time Readers Digest has put out a phoney contest. Also Sylvia all of your explanations make no sense. Do not blame other peoples computors and search engines for a phoney or misleading competition your employer is running. Obviously you need to get your paycheck.

Sep 08, 2010 5:10 am

Never mind ...i figured it out lol, sorry Readers Digest, however i do think it should be made easier to play...thanks

Sep 08, 2010 5:10 am

i tried my access code several times and it was also turned down...how can we win the wii, if we can't enter our numbers?is this fraud what are you going to do so i can enter to win?!i am a valued reader's digest customer and this is a bogus game?!

Sep 02, 2010 5:10 am

peoples fault if they can't access the codes. I've been entering the codes for them several times. just type to your web browser www.readersdigest.ca/wii or you cant just go to their website, on the right panel, there are a list of contest and one of them is the wii contest, stupid if you missed it.
reader's digest abide with the canadian law, if this is a fraud, why haven't the government stop this?
the point is, people don't read rules/labels/instructions carefully...

Aug 20, 2010 5:10 am

I tried my access code, but was turned down..not the right no...

Aug 20, 2010 5:10 am

i tried my acess code but was turned down...not the right no.

Aug 06, 2010 5:10 am

Yes indeed, rd.ca/ssvault contest DOES exist (as do all the legitimate RD.ca contests). I just entered the Vault contest. When I searched it, I got the response "Do you mean rd.ca/ccvault?" Trying to access that address via searching the net didn't work, so I went to the homepage rd.ca. I then typed rd.ca/ccvault into the Search box on the RD homepage. It took me to RD search result page with the following info:
Vault
HOW TO OPEN THE SAFE. The entry combination consists of the two words found at the spot indicated on the page below. Simply log into your Account in our ...
www.readersdigest.ca/win/custcare_landing.php -
Click on "vault" and it will take you directly to the page giving the instructions on entering the contest. Read and follow carefully, and you WILL get 2 free entries...I just did!

For future RD contests, go DIRECTLY to their homepage and search the name of the contest from there. If you do this, you will ALWAYS be able to enter contests RD has told you about. OR, go to the RD.ca homepage and scroll down to the lower right where all the current contests are listed, and enter by clicking on the contest you prefer. This morning I entered the Vault contest as well as a BBQ contest, and Apple I-pad contest and a WII contest, all by going to their homepage. Check things out completely before making accusations. They DO NOT advertise contests that don't exist.

Aug 06, 2010 5:10 am

Yes indeed, rd.ca/ssvault contest DOES exist. I just entered it. When I searched it, I got the response "Do you mean rd.ca/ccvault?" Trying to access that address via searching the net didn't work, so I went to the homepage rd.ca. I then typed rd.ca/ccvault into the Search box on the RD homepage. It took me to RD search result page with the following info:
Vault
www.readersdigest.ca/win/custcare_landing.php -

For future RD contests, go DIRECTLY to their homepage and search the name of the contest from there. If you do this, you will ALWAYS be able to enter contests RD has told you about. They DO NOT advertise contests that don't exist.

C
Jun 25, 2010 5:10 am

I figured it out. You have to enter it all in lower case with no www

which redirects to

Chris

D
Jun 06, 2010 5:10 am

I agree with the above comments. I have tried to enter the contest for the one where you enter your combination, and have not been able to find this site. Again, Reader's Digest wasting paper and my time with a site you cannot find.

Davydime

2010-06-06

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

100 complaints