Rd (Readers Digest)Reader's Digest not available

M

Reader's Digest sent a contest form and on-line address: www.rd.ca/ipodtouch. The access code given was 65972. The draw was to close May 31st @midnight.
It seems impossible to find this address or anything about it. This is not the first time they have sent similar contest entries of this nature and the
search result is the same. No contact. The contest entry form came enclosed with my Reader's Digest magazine.(received today).

• Be
    Betty Williamson May 16, 2007

How do I know what the surprise is?!

Charles Soules Jan 09, 2008

It's a scam - should have known better - "you don't get something for nothing"!!

marcel potvin Apr 22, 2008

site does not exist (www.rd.ca/ipodtouch ) for this contest

• Be
    Bev Apr 29, 2008

no such website

• Me
    melanie willatt Apr 30, 2008

I am very diappointed that i was sent a lot of mail from readers digest regarding winning a car and a prize gift.
    After numerous letters from them asking me to fill forms in and stick lables and repost witin seven days, i finally recieved a letter to tell me that i had won a prize £18, 000 pounds, and possibly a bmw.

I was then told that the payout day was the 15th feb 2008,
    and i had to send off one last confirmation form which was done.

Well as you can imagine i am writing to you as scince this i have not recieved anymore correspondence, which leaves me to think have i givern my details for someone else within the company to claim the prize (if any) or has it gone to someone else ?

I would like to hear from someone asap, and i would also like to know how a company as big as this can get away with pulling such scams, time has been taken to fill these forms luckely i am not one of those people that would of gone and spent money i did have on the hope hope i would be recieving winnings of such a large amount.

If i do not hear anything i will take it that i have been taken for a complete ride as it is not the first time i have so called won one of your competitons, and not heard anything of any winnings.

I will look further into submittig complaints else where if i do not hear anything from yourselves.

miss melanie willatt

I.Howard May 03, 2008

No such web site

• Ha
    Hannah May 16, 2008

Cannot access www.rd.ca/ipodtouch for my chance to win a free oipod! How sad is that????

• Ka
    Kathryn May 17, 2008

No such website!

marge May 18, 2008

Non existent website for possible prize!

• Ar
    Arthur Baxter May 19, 2008

I am like everyone. The contest they advertise do not excist. I have tried to go to many web sites and they do not excist.

Sandy Bader May 21, 2008

You have advertised a contest for winning a 16 GB ipod. You gave a website to go to to enter. No such thing exists. I do not expect to be scammed by my own Canadian Companies. An explanation would be nice.

• Li
    Linda May 29, 2008

This web site does not exist.

• Ci
    Cindy Oct 21, 2008

I could not access rd.ca/ipodtouch.I have been afaithfull subscriber for many years and getting tired of the scams they pull.

• To
    Tom Teichroeb Oct 21, 2008

I have also received a access code to a Win an Ipodtouch and it doesn't seem to be for real. The entery closes on November 30th @ midnight. Is this a scam?

Tom

• Al
    Alyce Oct 21, 2008

I am saddened by this... but it could of been an honest mistake, but at the same time my trust in RD had droped

• St
    Steve Bodger Oct 21, 2008

I have had the same problem in the past with other RD contests and this latest IPOD seems to be the same.
    Access code 65979

Janet Chaban Oct 21, 2008

This is the second time I have received the opportunity to enter this contest and have been unable to access the address rd.ca/ipodtouch. VERY upsetting that a scam like this would exist with what is supposed to be a reputable magazine.

• Cl
    Clair Kuntz Oct 21, 2008

I have had exactly the same experience.

• Da
    David Goldie Oct 21, 2008

I too have accessed the www.rd.ca/ipodtouch but there is no where to type the Access Code given me. I tried several things but to no avail. I can only assume that it is another ploy to get someone to order more magazines.

I also keep receiving mail telling me that I am a "winner" should I fill out said cards. I have not filled out anything nor sent anything back but I keep getting mail stating that I have reached the next level. I am a customer of Readers Digest and do enjoy the magazine however I do not want any more of the other type of mail.

David Goldie
    35121 McKee Road
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    V2S 5S2

• Ha
    Harley Frederickson Oct 22, 2008

What a wast of time, effort, money for R/D & potential custmers.

• Gk
    G KILFORD Oct 22, 2008

READERS DIGEST ought to be ashamed of itself

Charles King Oct 22, 2008

A waste of over an hour searching for the site given by RD to enter their ipod contest. Have they no concept of the PR damage they cause by conning their (past) subscribers this frustration and anger?

• Do
    Dorothy Jones Oct 22, 2008

Why can I not access to redeem my readers digest ipodtoch? I have been a subscriber for many years. Is this just a scam?

• Hg
    H Glynn Oct 22, 2008

Same story for the website www.rd.ca/ipodtouch

• Go
    Gordon Werk Oct 22, 2008

I have had the same experience as everyone else. Why should it be so difficult to enter a contest that I assume is to promote the magazine?

Marie Rose Laurin Oct 22, 2008

DO NOT give my e-mail to ANYONE PLEASE!

• Ro
    robert Oct 22, 2008

draw closes nov 30th @ midnight what year ---where is contest

• Pa
    Pauline Austin Oct 23, 2008

I have a subscriber to your firm for years. l I keep getting contest after contest, I return, I buy, but it is very frustrating to receive so many contest forms and never win. I now am beginning to just throw them in the garbage. It feels like a scam to me and I will not enter anymore. Right now I am trying to enter my acess code for the ipodtouch but cannot find the place to do so. Just very frustrating.

• Lu
    luckyguy Oct 23, 2008

Friday 23rd Oct-2008.

Just recieved in today's mail my issue of RD. Included with all the other advertizing material was a Contest card application. With Hurry! Enter Now .
    Closing of Draw Nov. 30th -2008. giving the access code.
    Like the complaints I just read Cannot access.

This is a very poor show! As my old teacher used to say!

FORGETABOUTIT.

• Do
    Dorothy Regnier Oct 23, 2008

As with everyone else who 's written...I can't find a place to enter the draw. There must be an easier way fir you to do this!

• Ag
    Agnes Henderson Oct 23, 2008

These contests are just a come on. You get these cards with the magazine and then you can't find the web site to enter. I throw them in the garbage as they are not worth the paper they are printed on. My friend gives me a subscription to the magazine every year and that is the only way I would get it because I sure wouldn't subscribe to this magazine.

• Ra
    Ray Oct 24, 2008

Can't believe that RD would pull a scam like this! Makes me wonder if their sweepstakes is also a scam!? I am cancelling mu sub...
    Ray

John Shannon Oct 24, 2008

I also have been an avid RD reader and subscriber along with my wife(Eleanor Shannon) for many many years. Being retired since 1994 the RD has been a favourite of our for many years even before retirement. This is not the first time by far that so called contests being delivered with RD has frusterated us. If indeed these so called contests are in fact not factual then please stop including them with the RD issues. It has come to a point that we are very seriously thiking after 30 or 40 years of terminating our membership and association with RD.

• Pu
    punmster Oct 24, 2008

I also could not access the site with the access code 65977, for a supposedly Nov. 30'th @ midnight deadline? Probably a scam to get my e-mail address, if they didn't already have it?

• Yv
    yvonne craword Oct 24, 2008

i have tried to find the entry to your ipod conest at www.rd.ca/ipodtouch and cannoot get to the right screen.

Chris Oct 24, 2008

I have the same problem with the website to enter for ipodtouch. Readers Digest is a scam, any mail I receive in the future will not be opened and not thrown in garbage. I'll RTS and put back in mail. So many contests and nothing ever pans out. I wonder if there really is any winners.

• Le
    Len & Di Ayres Oct 24, 2008

How do I get into rd.ca/ipodtouch - Access Code 65979
    Is this a scam as suggested by so many as listed above...
    This is not the first time I have not been able to get in touch
    with Readers Digest contests...---- don't think we will be renewing our
    prescription when it becomes due. WE have had your RD. for many many years - about 28 to be exact. Guess you don't care about your faithful customers... Di Ayres

john rudell Oct 24, 2008

Just received the card to enter on line. I also could not find the website to enter. If this website is bogus, then what is to say that all of the many mailings I have received to date have any reality to them. This contest should be investigated for false advertising.

• Ge
    George Guyon Oct 24, 2008

SAme old same old

• Bi
    Bill Kruchka Oct 25, 2008

Just answer me this...if all the complaints are true, which they are WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices