RCA/Thompson — tv warranty
I bought a RCA TV for my mother who is 86 and needed a replacement set since her old one past one.
After about 4 months it went dead with a big snap and pop and a blank screen. I have tried to work with the so called warranty claims center. After months of complaining, open a complaint with the BBB.
I get a pre-paid return label to return defective TV. As per agreement, after they get her TV back, they would send out a replacement unit. Now months later, they have her TV. I called today to see what is going on. They want me to pay labor and cost to return the TV back to us. I feel this is BS since they wouldn't OK local repair and said since I have gone through so much, they would send a replacement unit out as soon as I repackage the defective TV and send it back. Now they are holding our TV for cost as much as a new one. I could go back to Wal Mart and buy another set. This is Nuts...
I know I'm not the first person who has had a problem with RCA / Thompson Inc. They keep passing the buck. I Feel they should stand behind there products or stop selling them. There is no warranty here, as far as I'm concerned. If I had bought a warranty from Wal Mart, I was told it only work after the manufacturer warranty expires. So, I guess you have to wait a year on that. Its a shame they get away with giving everybody the run around. I have spent well over the cost of a replacement set since I'm a over the road driver and not home much, so My mother rented a TV set till I got home, or until a replacement set was sent out as promised. I wont ever buy a RCA / Thompson product again.
More RCA/Thompson Complaints & Reviews
- RCA 42& LCD HDTV - stay away!
- RCA F32650 TV - defective tv, poor after sales service!
- RCA - class action lawsuit
- RCA TV, Model 20F424T - poor quality, poor customer service
- RCA - problem hd52w59 tv convergence
- RCA - tv/dvd warranty not honored
- RCA/32 INCH TELEVISION - model l32wd22
- RCA-Thomson Inc. - bad customer service
- Rca Opal m4304 Mp3 player - it froze and then cut off and never turnt on even when on the charger
- RCA-Thompson/DRC8335 - unknowlegdgeable tech support &