RaceTracfalse pricing, pricing discrepancies, no customer appreciation

P Nov 11, 2018

On 10/10/2018, about 10am I came in to purchase a e-cigarette starter kit, Juul. I purchase a Juul about 2 weeks before for $29.99. I asked the clerk how much was the starter kit Juul, the clerk looked at the printed price under the product as I did and stated $34.99. I stated I bought one here for $29.99 and she stated the price must have gone up. I decided to purchase the product among other items and the total seemed high, I asked again what was the price of the Juul product and the clerk read the receipt and said it rang up $59.99. Another clerk investigated why the product scanned higher than listed and stated I had to talk with the manager.
I waited patiently for the manager which I explained the circumstances about the shelve listed price which also the clerk quoted to me and the misrepresented scanned register price. The manager was wearing a name tag stating Brandon. Brandon review the scanning process and then stated to me very rudely and abruptly, " If you want the product, the product is $59.99! I stated, "So much for taking care of your customers, I said no and asked for a refund. After further consideration I believe your organization had mislead my purchase by scanning increase of price at register. Most companies would honor the lower price for a pricing discrepancies, Race Trac did not... unfortunately because of my poor customer experience at RaceTrac I will be going to Wawa down the street, Sincerely disappointed.