Purolatorunable to fulfil expedited, delivery falsified/erroneous, tracking information no follow-up

L Nov 15, 2018

This has happened twice. The first time, the package arrived about a week after it was promised. The second time, I paid extra to have the package of documents sent via expedited delivery.

For both packages, the tracking information shows that my address was "incomplete" and needed to be confirmed. Both times, I called and was placed on hold (about 10 to 20 mins) and confirmed that the address on package is correct. "Must be a scan error, " the agent said.

The expedited package is a 3-day guaranteed shipment so I had the supplier call and ALSO confirm the address is correct. Purolator agent checked, agreed, and said it would be shipped on schedule. It says right there in the tracking information: "Shipment scheduled for delivery next business day."

However, the package was not delivered, it is a week later, and the tracking information shows that my (already confirmed) address "needs confirmation" again and cannot be delivered.

This is unacceptable.

Both I and the supplier have intervened.
Purolator and many other delivery services have delivered to my house before.
The address to my house is well-marked and clearly visible.
It is a quiet street with lots of parking in a central area in a major city
In fact, I received a package from Amazon on the same day the Purolator package was due to arrive.

I then emailed Purolator at their customer care email; they responded within an hour and said they would investigate and get back to me within a few days. I had high hopes! So I waited to post this.

Alas, it has been a week. I have not heard from them despite them promising to have an answer by today.

Meanwhile, the package is still in "Incomplete" purgatory and I am on hold AGAIN for an agent.

My theory is that they have a new fully automated and really bad tracking system.
And, furthermore, the Purolator tracking system appears to have limited options other than blaming the customer or supplier for the system's constant misfires.

Their lack of follow-through is disgraceful, especially since I paid extra to have the package arrive by a certain date, I confirmed the delivery and address the day prior, AND I waited at home for it. There appears to be no hope for human intervention.

The supplier already refunded my expedited shipping fees but I still do not have my package.

Tracking information:
First package: [protected] - received a week late
Second (expedited) package: [protected] - not yet received (one week late so far)
Reference number for the follow up request (where they said they would contact me by today) is CS-8434634.

I suppose the next step is to contact the supplier and get a complete refund for the documents since it appears I am unable to receive them, despite paying extra to get them quickly.

RESOLVED

• Purolator's response · Nov 16, 2018

Hi Laura,

We do apologize for the delayed delivery of your shipment. Complaints have been sent to local management for a follow up. Our tracking shows that the shipment has been delivered on November 16th. If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to write to us.

Regards,
    James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com
    Email: customer.[protected]@purolator.com

• Me
    Melanie McConnell Nov 29, 2018

I'm never buying from any company that uses purolator again! A similar situation happened to me. We get packages everyday from amazon and they have no problem figuring out where we live. This company is a delivery company with one job which they cannot execute properly. What a disgrace you are as an organization.