PSI Examstest center customer service

T

Psi exams is the most poorly mis-managed testing center company I have ever come across. Regrettably, psi has the contract for many states to administer state exams — real estate, auditor, contractors, etc. What no one at your training center will tell you is that you have to deal with psi. Then, wham, what a rude awakening. Psi is a joke! Their website is notoriously bad and unreliable. Try calling them and you are on hold for a minimum of an hour (That was the longest I lasted, but your results may vary depending on your patience). The only way solution is to write them a hardcopy letter via usps. Who does that these days? On interest on their phone system, they force you to enter a push botton code — what about people with rotaries phone or handicapped-equipped phones. Seems to be an ada violation right there. Stand up america! We don't need to take this! Write your state licensing authorities and demand they break their contract with psi. Where one party fails to fulfill their contractual duties, it is a breach — none more material then here.

• St
    steve lamerson Apr 17, 2008

I was on hold for over an hour when my call was dropped. It sounded like someone picked up and immediately hung up. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Given the opportunity I would never do any business with this company whatsoever. I have yet to get through to anyone with this company.

brandon d Aug 08, 2008

i took a test today in conneticut on main st. the room was so hot how could you even concentrate . in a oven like that, with the money conneticut soaks from you you would think they can do better

• Cl
    Clint Ainsworth Aug 18, 2008

PSI has to be the biggest scam going. I took a real estate exam in New Mexico and did not pass the state portion, even though I had taken the Kaplan course and in both a pre-test and post-test passed that portion with no problem. The thing that pisses me off the most is that these ### get away with charging me the full price to re-take only one portion. It also rings of a scam to me because they are the only game in town and after failing one is not told what questions were missed or what the correct answers are. I think these ### fail people intentionally to make more money off people who have no other option. Everyone should be aware of this. ### PSI!!!

• Wi
    willer resende Nov 23, 2017

@Clint Ainsworth I don't know if it's a coincidence with me and my daughter . But every time we take the test at PSI they always give us a score of 54 or 55 right answers of the minimum of 56. for me it looks like they are doing intentionally so we think we are very close and motivated to keep trying . and of coarse paying for more retests.

• Me
    Meyling Barillas Dec 07, 2017

@willer resende This monopoly company drives the whole business of testing. I had a terrible experience when trying to take an exam in October. I went to take a exam for Accident and Health License. My access was denied due to discrepancy on maiden and married name. I showed them my marriage certificate and current ID and they told they do not verify that at that location they referred me to their customer service line who asked me to send documents by fax, after 3 weeks of waiting on them to update my last name they asked to re pay the fee to take my test I told them that I did not receive any service for the fee already paid why do I have to re pay? they said it is how their system is set up so I complained the transaction with my bank and I called back PSI exams to re schedule my exam and they denied to do so. At this point I have not been able to take my exam and my company was unable to give me a new contract with higher salary.

Brian Barg Jan 01, 2019

@Clint Ainsworth @ Clint Ainsworth I believe you have a valid complaint. I took the PA Real Estate exam four times. I just missed passing by one point. I truly believe I passed this test and they will not go over the questions that I allegily got incorrect.

ricnetman Jan 16, 2019

@Clint Ainsworth I wholeheartedly agree with you. How the hell are ever going to approve if you have no friggin clue which questions you got right. And the exam I took had invalid questions(no longer valid as the state handed it off to PSI.

I called twice and emailed twice and they never responded. You are right. They are just taking our money and not giving us a quality experience.

Mary08 Apr 24, 2019

@willer resende i was thinking the same. i failed the national portion of my real estate exam, even though i was pretty confident because i studied every day and passed all the practice exams. my score was 55 and needed just 1 more question right to pass, which i find suspicious. researching other people that has failed the test, i found out that they score the same, they just needed 1 point to pass. tha'ts definatelly a red flag! i think psi is runnin a scam to get money.

• To
    tornadoe Sep 18, 2008

Terry M: "the most poorly mis-managed."
    Should it be better mis-managed?
    Or should it be more poorly well-managed?
    let us know your thoughts
    THE PSI TEAM!

• Li
    Liliana Sep 23, 2008

I took the Nevada State Brokers test today and I was given 45 questions when there supposed to be 40, and when I got my results (I fail) I was evaluated on 40 QUESTIONS!!!. What the f..I was cheeted out of FIVE QUESTIONS When I called PSI they gave me some stupid answers, Like this is experimental, somebody else told me some are pre-test questions and those do not count, but that is not true because I got those too, and I also got the 45 instead of the 40 . I like to know if some one else had this happened to them . And by the way this examination is 100 dollars every time you test . No wonder we do not pass .Let me know!!!

Kathy084 Dec 28, 2018

@Liliana I had this happen to me today. This was my 3rd time taking exam and I realized that it is showing 40 questions but I know for a fact I took 45 questions and I was on video camera. I would like to sue them and have them run through the whole video to see if I answered the questions correctly. The answer is BS because why would they need experimental questions when they ask us the questions at the beginning before you even start your exam. This whole thing is a scam and I won't stop until I bring it over there heads. Anyone in this board that wants to bring about a petition so they can change their policies and also refund us our money let me know and I will start it!

Brian Barg Jan 01, 2019

@Kathy084 Five of the questions do not count. Of course the test-takers are not aware which questions do not count toward scoring.

• Zo
    Zouheir Feb 04, 2019

@Kathy084 I just took the test today (3rd time, each time missing by 2-3 points!) and I realized the same thing - instead of 120 questions (80 +40) I got a test with 135 (90 +45). If you want to start a petition I am on board! . Please let me know, I am sick and tired of their practices.

Mary08 Apr 25, 2019

@Zouheir How can we make the petition with the department of Commerce to end the contract with PSI and get a different examination company. I am really frustrated. I have submitted a complaint with better business Bureau already asking them to investigate PSI. I've lost hope in passing my exam :(

• Ba
    BAM Sep 24, 2008

I took the second half of my licensing exam twice through this company and failed. Passed the first portion with another company no problems. The day of the test we were notified the computers broke down and we have to wait or come back another time. We waited for ten minutes and were told everything was fine. Took the test and according to them did much worse than the first time. When I complained they said they could not help me and re-check the score by hand because all they showed a record of was the cameras not working and everything is fine.

• In
    intervention Sep 28, 2008

The PSI testing system is in need of serious repair and careful investigation NOW! TODAY!. The State Licensing Authorities should be alerted of the seriousness of these documented complaints. After doing a survey of 100 people, Yes 100 people that took this PSI administrated test the results were alarming. Results yielded some horrific stories and also 65% indicated that they had to take the test 2 or more times before passing. Some indicated that all of the documentation (Books, training material etc.) indicated that the National portion of the test would test you on 80 questions and the number of questions per each section. They were also told that the State portion of the test would be tested on 74 questions.

The Survey also revealed that 70% of people surveyed indicated that it appears very shaky, unethical, degrading and somewhat that an individual cannot know what they missed and therefore will have no clue of what to study nor know if they may have made a mistake as well. "You should show your hand after the bet is complete and won or not". What this does is to keep things honest. But by not doing this people will continute to distrust your practice and that is not good!

A quite a few people asked this question during the survey; How is this process legal "TO NOT GIVE” a person their test results (the very test they paid to take)? And also they were told they cannot have access to the results they paid for and tht is just they way it is.

So some of the simple questions: Who is responsible for this process that the PSI testing would be the area used to include extra experimental questions? But more serious why can’t they have the results they paid for?

This survey WILL be posted thought-out the all area that utilizes this PSI testing process. This does need to be exposed to the American people and maybe someone else just may feel the same way.

• In
    intervention Sep 29, 2008

We would like PSI to respond.

Thank You!

• Da
    Dave Oct 09, 2008

I don't understand how you can be tested and not told what answers you got wrong. I see it as a way for PSI to make money. I didn't see the test as a means for the person testing to better them selves but as a means for PSI to make money. I will be asking many more questions before I go pay to take the test again.

ricnetman Jan 16, 2019

@Dave You nailed it "I see it as a way for PSI to make money". This is exactly what they are doing. They are milking candidates of their hard earned dollars and completely ignore you when you try and call them on it.

Customer service at the worst it could possibly be. The only reason they are still around is because many state agencies rely on them to administer state exams. And most state agencies could care less about this.

It's awful.

JamieStarr Oct 28, 2008

I fully agree and have decided to start a pettition about it, It will be avaliable on Facebook. It is called Estheticians and Cosmetologists against PSI Exams. I want to see if we can throw PSI off their high horse. I am possibly thinking of also starting a donation fund to a new company that will offer all testing at a reasonable price and in a better facility. Where you will be allowd to ask questions, you will be given up to date and proper information to help prepare you study for you test or practical. It will not be a company based on wrongfully taking over abundant amounts of money from STUDENTS. Students of all people to take money from, we are the future of economy growth. As if you aren't in enough debt after paying for all your schooling. Find the group on facebook and join it. The stronger we are in numbers the better chance we have. Thank you! Jamie

Jamie Starr Oct 28, 2008

I forgot, you can also coordinate with me by writing me at [protected]@yahoo.com. Send me your story, about your difficulties with this company and I will continue to put together a case against them and all their devious ways. We don't have to take this just because they are our only option, lets give ourselves options.

• Fr
    Franklin Dec 01, 2008

Ok.
    1. The people at PSI don't know the subjects on which they test. They simply read the books and take questions WORD FOR WORD out of the book. Which sucks when dealing with insurance and annuities because words often have a different meaning between the two.
    2. I scheduled a test for 10:30. They changed it to 10 without notifying me. I had to pay again. A friend scheduled a test for 10:30, the prompter never showed up. He was absent and had to pay again.
    3. The questions are poorly written in order to make you fail.
    4. Customer service SUCKS.
    5. I took the test and because of a computer glitch I went directly from the welcome screen to the Thank you for submitting page after hitting the enter button once.

• Te
    texas Dec 22, 2008

Absolutely amazing...this is the most unaccountable company that I have dealt with to include "Comcast Cable Co." It is an insult that our State officials have sold us out AGAIN and to date refuse to correct matters. There typical excuse is to pass the buck by stating that "PSI" 's contract includes other state agencies and that they have no control. For example; Texas has there contract with "PSI" through the Department of Public Safety and not directly through the States licensing department (real estae, ... ). There is ZERO accountability.

It seems to me that a company with contractual responsibilities to the states citizens should have adequate and convinient access to those administering the test and the rules. If you call "PSI" expect 45-60 minutes before getting an answer - maybe. You may simply be told "thanks for calling" and hear an immediate dial tone after waiting countless minutes listening to irrevelant details concerning California, Arizona and other states. Try emailing, which only takes a few days for a response. Or, try there website which only gives the information they want to give you - have a question... so f - - - - - -g what &^$%[email protected]&& Dont trust there secure website when presenting your personal credit history - I mean information... guesss what... so, FU __ - - - what. They do not offer any other way to pay except on the net. Has your state checked the status of there secured server - Texas has not!!!

Write a complaint if you have had problems or feel that your State could do a better job with your money.

• Cr
    Cremevette Dec 30, 2008

I could not agree more! PSI is MISERABLE, MISERABLE, MISERABLE!!! In a 13 page fine print document, three lines state that a first time registration must mail in the registration documents, yet the documents state they can be faxed. Whatever you do, read every line or they will put you through the wringer and delay your testing process forever.

Phone reps also give out incorrect information. I was told to write the name of the state on my envelope and the processing would take 2-3 days. When I called over 10 days later (there was a holiday involved) I was told they couldn't tell if they had received my registration and that I should have used registered mail. Then I was also informed that 2-3 days was incorrect information and that it would take 14 calendar days.

PSI is all about taking money and being as unhelpful and unbending as possible. Next stop, my state realtor board to demand they drop PSI and get another testing company.

• Km
    kmilligan Jan 16, 2009

I have taken the PSI Exam once already. The first time I paid and went in to take the test, I was turned away at the door because my liscence had my maiden and married name on it. This didn't matter when I took my written exam! So, I paid the $78.00 again, and go a second time to take my test. ( In Texas, the nearest test center is in Houston, which is a 2 hr. ride for me, and every exam except 1 is at 8a.m. VERY INCONVENIENT!) There are usually 10 people scheduled for an exam at a time. While we were in the waiting room some of the girls were talking about how many times they had already taken this test. One girl was in there for her 5th time! She said every time she went at least 1 person didn't make it through the door. (Me!! My first time around!) And of course, if you don't you lose your money and have to pay again, regardless of circumstances.Sure enough, one of the girls there (who was just back to renew her license) didn't make it through the door! While we were taking the test, these examiners make you feel very uncomfortable! (This was also discussed in the waiting room between all the models for the test candidates after thier portion of the test was done and they all had to wait for us to finish) While we were doing our test the examiners were huddled up together laughing at certain women while they were taking thier test!! Literally pointing at them and laughing!! While I find this EXTREMELY RUDE, it is also VERY distracting. You're standing in front of a mirror the whole time, and EVERY time you look up you see this behavior, and it really messes with your equilibrium while testing! One examiner literally walked over and grabbed a bottle out of my hand to check the label on it! Directly after the exam you get your results. The ONLY person who passed this particular exam was the girl who was in for the fifth time! I feel like PSI has a real money-making scam going on! I didn't meet 1 person who only had to take the test once to pass. And, of course, they don't tell you what you did wrong. I believe this is so PSI can make more money while giving the examiners the chance to laugh at and belittle honest people there to try to pass a test to make a living! There's JOB SECURITY for PSI employees! Where do I go for this job?

• So
    someone Jan 26, 2009

My husband went to take his Journeyman's License Exam, and of course, failed three times! Finally, he spoke with a plumbing inspector of our town and the inspector said that there were a lot of people not passing the exam. My husband made a phone call to PSI, and come to find out, they were using wrong questions on his test. His last test score was a 72 and after PSI noticed this, they went ahead and bumped his score to a 75 to pass. Not only did this happen to him, but also with our friend that was taking his Journeyman's exam too!! There are a lot of people out there that have to retake, and retake. There's something fishing going on!!!They are definitly out for the buck!!!

• My husband had been an Electrical Journeyman for 16 years and we accidentally let his license lapse and was required to take the exam again. In the past couple years he has gone to take the exam 3 times and each time he did not pass. He had several material to help prepare for the exam and took a course to help prepare him as well. Each time he did not pass. While taking the exam each time he went back and studied even harder and contemplated on what he might be missing. The last test, he was quite thrown due to the majority of the questions he had on the test were not related to electricity but electronics. Quite baffled he got up and asked if he was given the correct exam. He ofcourse didn't pass it but failed misserably worse than the two times before. I am convinced that the company continuously fails individuals to make more money off of each test taker making them retake and pay the outragous fees to take a two part test!

• Th
    theresa Perkins Feb 05, 2009

PSI is a scam. Infact so much so I want to know what we intend to do about the injustice that is evident in their testing centers. I'd rather they charged me my quota up front rather than degrade and bellittle my efforts time and time again for kicks. I put all I could into taking this test only to be judged not my an industry professional but by simple being trying to stay employed. What qualifies these people to pass or fail anyone? We really need to act now ANYBODY PLEASE RESPOND. MADDDDD AS HELLLLLLLL.

ricnetman Jan 16, 2019

@theresa Perkins I am also mad as hell too. And none of us should have to take this crap from them. I have taken the test more than once and failed. And some questions are not relevant and they NEVER respond.

karl Baldwin Feb 06, 2009

I am a project's manager for a construction company in Atl Ga i have taken the PSI eaxm (very porly adminesterd) once and failed the residential light commercial & Ga business & law. what angers me as that PSI does not tell you that the exams can be done in two parts one for B&L & one for RLC there web site is a joke on current material to use for study my company has invested well over 1200.00$ in books & class not to say all that is required by the state just be quilifyed to take the test the instructors that are teaching htis class are a joke as they are giving you the wrong study material say that have taking the tast and these are the answers.(WRONG) most of the exam had not a thing to do the study material. So i find out that i can seperate the two exams & do & pass my B&L proportion & then i spent a month 8Hrs a day for a month before taking the RLC and failed i got a68 & needed 70 wile taking the exam the computer froze so i went & got the proctor she had to restart it at this pont all cocentration is lost know wonder i did not pass giving the circumstace. So i sent a Email to sectory of stae & told what had happend she took it before the board & i was deneid to take it agin.
    The problem with that is if you fail the 2nd time you have to wait for one year then reapply that is just the way it is.
    i agree that PSI should not be allowed to do testing there Bullenten Board is a joke
    when i spend 288.00$ dollars to take tests i should have right to see my results not some BS answer like you could use them to cheet yea right they know all about what fiar when they hold all the cards
    PLEASE PUT THEME OUT OF BUSINESS
    i would gladly sign any complaints form

karl Baldwin Feb 09, 2009

when will the governer (sunny perdue) of Ga take a close look at the type of testing that is done by PSI
    He is the one who appoints the Board members in witch they are in full agreement with PSI .
    Have we as people came to point in life where money is the only way to get anywhere in this life.
    Why would you apoint all the peoples to a board knowing that all of theme are in the same business as the people who are trying to get a licensin.
    That sounds like the fox garding the hen house.
    the same people who set on this board is in direct competition with anyone who decides to become a contractor in Ga
    The Board is who comprise the test knows this and uses it to there full advantage.

• Tb
    Tbg Feb 21, 2009

I agree with everyone here! This is the biggest scam ever, I cant believe i found this post! I have been ### about psi since my little ordeal. They really should be investigated! I wont bore everybody with my whole story but i was taken for a ride!! I supposedly failed my excavating portion of the test ( which by the way had about 50 percent of the questions that made absolutely no sense what so ever and did not pertain to this field at all!!) I have been in the excavating business my whole life, along with my entire family. Its Bshit that we are not even told how many questions we got wrong! I, as everybody else, had to pay full price AGAIN to retake another test. It took almost a month to be able to get scheduled for my second test and by the time i took it and passed it and got my results in the mail, I had missed the boat!! The state of michigan had set a deadline for turning in psi scores for your licence. They now required an additional 60 hour course offered by a school 70 miles from my home, at a cost of $750! I have been self employed in this line of work for 7 years, and now I feel like I have to start all over again! You can no longer be a contractor in michigan without a state licence, which i dont disagree with, but I would have had mine if it wouldnt have been for this BSHIT psi outfit! who, I will have to go and pay again after I complete this 60 hour $750 class! This just isnt' right!!

• Wi
    William Crafice Mar 04, 2009

I also agree with every one else in this complaint, I had to wait over an hour to make an appointment.I had taken the test for the electrical, and during the test the computers had shut down, and when they came back on I was told that I had FAILED by 1 pt .I han a review of the test that costed me 80.00, and found out that the answers were not the ones that I had picked.I had then called the Massachussetts Electrical Bard to put in a complant against PSI. I never heard anything about it again.Now I was going to the test again, an have seen this site and had to write this note.

• Ec
    echarged Mar 04, 2009

My name is Mike and im going to start a petition against psi im an electrician and ive been doing this work 25 yrs and my family is the ones i learn and worked for i do everything to code and never fail at inspections.
    The thing is i took there exam 2 times the first no books i finished the test in 1 hour no joke easy test first time they said i failed and didnt show me what i fail.So next time i took the test every answer came from the books and took me 6 or 7 hour i failed again and it was worst from the book. so the only way to bet them is for us to join together for those of you who want to stand up to scammers like psi email me at [protected]@aol.com
    to take down psi so i know what your emailing me for

another thing psi is the only people you can take the test from what a monopoly and scam

im also involveing the governor and the media

please reply
    ...Mike

• Mu
    muggz357 Mar 09, 2009

ive failed twice ofcourse . im in agreement at the very least lets petition just to be able to review our test . we should petition the attorney general of each state start here in nevada and knock tiffany, kathy, and don chase of there high horse's . these people are the head of field operations for nevada and california . Lets band together and stop these ### .

P.s. we cant change this if we dont make people aware of this so tell every one good or bad in schools and at training class of this web site and to leave a commint .

• Di
    Diana Mar 23, 2009

You'll love what happened today. I've been trying to take a Cosmetology test for almost a week. After waiting on hold for over 30 min., she finally answers. After repeating 4 times that it takes 4 to 5 business days, she wouldn't even let me explain what has already transpired. I finally said "why do you take my money, but not let me schedule an exam?" her reply "So, its not like its going anywhere". I was so shocked, that I just said "excuse me?" She repeated it! I'm still chuckling. Obviously, she missed the point.

When I took my Insurance test in Lansing in 1999, two of them (employees) were making out in the reception area. I thought then it was a bit odd. I guess some things never change! They just need some competition!

• Fr
    FrankJames Apr 30, 2009

PSI BLOWS! I could have sworn I was going to pass with flying colors as I studied day in and day out only to receive a 60%?????? Pffffff. They were astatic to tell me to hurry and sign up for a retake! I wanted some results for the missed questions but were not accessible.. what bs

• Jm
    Jme May 03, 2009

I also think they are a joke. First as a loan officer I had to take the test and guess what, over 1/3 of it has to do with being a mortgage broker not a loan officer. I do understand that there are somethings that may need to know but when you ace the parts that really matter it. Because I didn't pass it I had to retake it again, so I show up a little late, getting kids in school, driving across town and guess what? They won't let me take the test, how I know that it was my fault that I didn't get there on time. But get this, the one supervisor said he wouldn't let me in because 1) I should have been there 30min early, 2) because there was another session afterward, 3) that I paid for the seat, 4) and all he could repeat was that those are the rules. Now 1) yes I should have been there on time but who said that there wasn't a valid reason for being late (any grace) 2) they allow 3 hours for the session and I was only 30min late and they estimate only 120min to take the test 3)if I paid for the test should I not be able to set at my seat that I paid for? 4) I even asked him, ok if I was outside 30min early in front of a building and a car hit me and after the police came I was 30min late your saying I can take the test. His answer was no because you were late. Just black and while no gray, no grace. Now thats not what happened but it shows the attitude that you have deal with. Now I was upset about not being able to take the test but I did understand, but guess what you have to pay for the test again. I was there, I was not absent, I was late and you know life happens.

angkorfortune Jun 04, 2009

PSI is really a scam. They 're nothing but thieves and stealing money from people.

• Aj
    ajk1987 Jul 23, 2009

thank you for this site! I too was ripped by PSI yesterday. When i arrived to take test (drove 1.5 hour, 90 miles, + bridge toll and gas as unemployed person) rude employee they said no test was scheduled and offered no apology or assistance. i asked for his supervisor, he would not answer. i asked for contact info for higher ups and he reluctantly gave me 800#. i knew it would be phone hell and it was. 2 hours of inept people not helping and hanging up on me etc. i left 3 msgs for supervisors who've yet to return the call, its been over 24 hrs. i was to take a test for a clerical job for the usps who just started using this test ctr and shouldn't have or they wont find any applicants!

Maria Mendez Jul 30, 2009

Seriously, PSI is a joke!
    They charge you all this money, and how can they possibly look at you and say that you pass the practical test or not. The lady who graded me was extremely mean, she was grading cosmetology students, of which three of our group were failed by her, while we were doing the test, she was talking to the other gal who was doing all the talk, and mocking at us, because we didn't do things the way she expected.
    All the students that she has failed were Latinos. America please, do something about this!
    I still here attempting to take my test again, and hoping that I will get my license, so that I can get a better job and be able to feed my daughter.

• Mu
    Muneca76 Jul 31, 2009

Well im going tomorrow morning to retake the national portion of the salespersons real estate exam. Im not happy I had to pay the full amount again. I have found it easy to reach customer service over the phone, not a long wait time. However I was suprised to find the testing facility dirty, outdated, and the staff unorganized. I have to pass this time, I really hope they are honest in there grading, my life has been on hold waiting for this!

margret p Sep 17, 2009

I too have taken the test 6 times and ( they say) I failed. Then the ladies over the facility say, Oh that's too bad, we'll see you again. I need to get my life on the road to success since I've put in the time and money. Never the less you all shall Reap What You Sow in the future. Not only the people giving the test but also the people allowing the dishonesty to continue.

• Ho
    Hookem203 Sep 27, 2009

You know, just browsing through everyones comments has gotten me a little skeptical on what actually happened to my information. About 7 months ago I submitted my info (Class Certificate, Application and $40.00 money order).I never received any confirmation letter from them saying they got my ###! I never got any online scheduling, you know how they want you to keep track of your schedule dates, yeah well I would check my account atleast every other day after about four weeks. I never got anything. Nothing in the mail or anything. I lost my money order receipt so I couldn't get that back or check to see if they got it. So I was forced to submit all my info once agin and this time as GOD is my witness if there is anything fishy going on There will be HELL TO PAY!!!

Gene Davis Oct 04, 2009

Yes I agree with all the complaints that I have read, I have been a Journeyman electrician for 15 or plus years and have wired banks, gas stations, hotels, churchs, and hundreds of large homes with my dad being a master most all of his life, and my dad passed away in May, and now I am trying to get my master license, and after taking the ### test 3 times, making 64, 73, 74, now I am pissed and there going to pay for all the mental anquish that this has caused me to have, and all the time and money it has cost me, especially when this is a 5 hour test and this time it has caused me to have a seziure over all the stress of it all, when you look up every question and you know that you are doing so good, then you see the damn results FAIL, it does a lot for your mind and emotions..Thank you for what ever help you can give me in this matter..

• Au
    audrey1100 Oct 08, 2009

PSI huge scam!! Virginia division- state postion of licensing- nothing on test from study material. Allowed only 45 minutes for 4o question!! Everyone reading this need to report them to Real Estate State Board!!!

Gene Davis Oct 20, 2009

This is Gene Davis again and I have already contacted a attorney on my matter of making a 73, then a 74 in less then a week, on 2 different test, what are the odds of that, pretty high I think, and they will not respond to my emails or phone calls if you ever get through, my attorney is preparing to file a Class Action Suit against PSI for this 1 point matter and all the stress that it has caused me in taking 3 exams and failing all of them, I know of all the questions that I looked up and got the correct answers that I did better then 74!!!

• Hs
    H Schroeder Nov 02, 2009

Shelida hun gup when we asked if we should register Before or After giveing the 504 accomodations request.
    This is a direct violation to the American Disablities Act.
    She should be fired and taught about the disabilities act.

This company is has no other numbers to reach them when asking them for help
    or information.
    [protected]
    3pm

georgerdavis Nov 09, 2009

I sent in my fees for the Massachusetts TV Tech licence 2 months ago for $212 per their website. I got a letter back stating the fee was $213! I called PSI to tell them the website said one thing, their letter another. They insisted I get a new money order for $213...they would not allow me to send them an extra dollar to add to the money I already sent. So I get another money order and overnight the thing. According to the tracking info I had on my package, it took them almost a week to sign for my letter, even though it had been presented for signature at PSI 4 times! Come time for the test, which is 2 parts, I passed Part I ok, but failed part 2 by 6 questions. Couple weeks later after massive day and night study, I pay the $185 retest fee again for a retest, and fail Part 2 again, this time by 4 questions! I was dumbstruck, as I KNOW I was well studied. So I'm told by the proctor I can pay to take a review of my test to learn what I did wrong. Guess what? No review is available. So now I'm getting ready to try a 3rd time...another $185 retest fee. I'm ready to give up my goal as not worth the aggravation and expense.

• Li
    lightforce1 Nov 30, 2009

I have been working as an electrician for 15 years, no problems passing inspections on my work. I have taken the Tennessee LLE test twice and both times scored 67.5 % (passing is 70%). The test questions are written on obscure little parts of the code that take hours to located in the book. Today there was so much noise from another tester and proctor that I couldn't concentrate and had to guess at 3 questions due to running out of time. When I questioned the exam site attendants they told me that the failure rate for this test is very high. I believe that PSI is running a scam by creating tests that are focused on items that electricians rarely face in the field. If anyone knows of an active class action against this company, please post. Also, are they (PSI) required to provide stats on pass/fail rates of various tests?

• Bb
    bbarclay Dec 15, 2009

i was completely discriminated against. In the field of Esthetics a man is a rare thing. When I went to take my test I could tell the proctor didn't like from the moment she walked in. It's as though she gave me a look of discussed because I was a male. Doesn't make sense to me. They also don't take any notes for practical tests and won't let you know why you failed. With the practical test they make you wait 30 days before you can take it again. So now I'm trying to speak with the higher powers. Not only did this lady fail 3 out of 4 of us, she had a bad attitude along with her assistant. It was a cold testing process.

So in the first process this lady skips me, goes to the next candidate, making me extremely nerve racked. Then comes back to me. Goes from one girl table 1, to another table 3 then table 4 then back to me table two. And with a snooty voice, says that I can begin. Completely different attitude than given to the other candidates. As to say, why are you even here.

It seems unfair that one company, that has a large majority of their employees working from home, can monopolize such a large market, charge what they want for the testing process and fail people on what seems to be a bases for larger capital gain. Oh and they didn't video record the session so they have no proof or say as to why you failed. Seems like a scam to me. Glad to see I'm not the only one.