Having problems with PromGirl?

PromGirl Customer Service Contacts

1888 843 7766 (Customer Service)
+1 302 279 1052 (International)
1441 Broadway, 21st Floor
SatClosed
SunClosed
Operations
105 Sleepy Hollow Drive, Middletown, DE 19709

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with PromGirl Customer Service. Initial PromGirl complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for PromGirl above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about PromGirl. Discuss the issues you have had with PromGirl and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

PromGirl Complaints & Reviews

PromGirl — Terrible experience

Please, don't order from them if you don't like to pay for something that has a bad reputation. My husband...

PromGirlbad quality

I bought 3 dresses and when I opened the package I was a little shocked. The fabric material was so thin that I could see my body through it, it was almost transparent. And it looked so bad sewed and cheap, I couldn't wear it anywhere at all, not even at home. Too bad. One of the dress was with a hole near the sleeve, and another one was a smaller size. The third dress was ok, but still looked cheap and poorly made. Shame on you for selling terrible clothes. They are going to the garbage, don't even want to contact them for a refund, I know it will be a headache.

• PromGirl's response · Sep 19, 2017

We're an authorized retailer of the designer dresses on our site and we apologize they weren't the quality expected! The standard return policy for special occasion dresses is "no returns, " but we want to ensure you have your special dress for your event so we accept returns for a refund less the 10% restocking fee or a full store credit.Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 7 days to receive the return authorization number. Please see our full policy located on our "Returns" page and contact us if you need any assistance!

PromGirltoo cheap

I purchased three dresses from them. One of them looked incredibly beautiful on the website and I decided that it had to be mine. But that was just an illusion because what I got was completely different. The fabric material was worse than I only could imagine. I 'd be too embarrassed to wear it even at home, not speaking of going out. Looked tooooooooo cheap. Asked for a refund promising them to send these dresses as usual. They said that it's impossible due to our policies. Great.

• PromGirl's response · Sep 08, 2017

The standard return policy for special occasion dresses is "no returns, " but we want to ensure you have your special dress for your event so we accept returns for a refund less the 10% restocking fee or a full store credit. Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 7 days to receive the return authorization number. Dresses marked as Sale Items will be returnable for store credit and it will state “This is a sale item and may be returned for store credit only!” on the dress page. Please see our full policy located on our "Returns" page and email us at [email protected] with your order number if you have any further questions. We apologize for any misunderstanding with our policy!

PromGirldress

First and last time I will purchase from this site. They would not accept my return because it was not requested within 7 days. Return policy is misleading, please be sure to read the fine print. A supervisor said that the item is not longer being offered in the size I purchased so they would not make an exception. The dress size was large and of poor quality. Buyer beware!

• PromGirl's response · Jun 01, 2017

We're sorry to hear you weren't pleased with your experience using our site! The standard return policy for special occasion dresses is "no returns, " but we want to ensure you have your special dress for your event so we accept returns for a refund less the 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit. Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 7 days to receive the return authorization number. Please see our full policy located on our "Returns" page and it is also agreed to at the time of the order in the Terms and Conditions. Always feel free to contact us before an order is placed if you have any questions and we would be happy to help. We apologize for any misunderstanding with our policy!

PromGirlunethical behaviour, delivery problems, rude assistants

I have placed my order on the 24th of May and paid for one business day delivery. The reason why I chose one business day option was that one of my friends was in Chicago and she was coming back to Turkey on the 26th. It was supposed to be in Chicago on the 25th but instead it arrived on the 27th. I tracked my order on the 26th with one of Prom Girl's assistants and I was promised to receive it by 17:30 however it didn't. My friend got back. In order to transfer the parcel to another destination in the US for getting the dress on time for my daughter's prom night I had to pay another extra money. I called Prom Girl for refund but the most annoying person I have ever met said that they can't refund it but the only thing they can do is to charge me for two business days and refund the difference between one day and two days option. A mistake or delay can happen but there is always a way to compensate. If you are not willing to compensate your faults then you should stop making them. I will never ever shop from you again and I will spread this bad experience of mine. I think this shopping site should seriously be renewed and the assistants should be trained not only for their assisting skills but also for their awful attitudes. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LET PEOPLE'S EXPECTATIONS DOWN.

• PromGirl's response · Jun 01, 2017

We do our best to provide quality customer service for every order and we're sorry to hear about your experience! After looking into this further, there was indeed a delay by UPS and the dress was delivered one day later than expected. A request has been submitted so you will receive a refund for the total amount of shipping fees charged by UPS through our company. You will receive an email once it is complete then it can take your bank 2-5 business days to process the request. We appreciate your understanding and have contacted you by email if you have any questions or need any additional assistance!

PromGirl — Dress did not arrive

I bought a dress and a pair of shoes from www.promgirl.com for my prom and they shipped everything...

PromGirlWorst!!

This was my first experience with PromGirl and after I receive my money back I want to forget about this terrible website!
          I have purchased a lovely evening dress for a Christmas party and was supposed to get it by the end of this week but it seems like it's not coming!
          I was contacted by these clowns and they said that they had some problems with the delivery and that my dress will arrive somewhere in January!! I cancelled my order and now I'm waiting for my refund. These people ruined all my plans and now I have to think where to get another dress!

• PromGirl's response · Dec 15, 2016

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience! When a dress is listed as "Due to Ship, " these items must be specially ordered from the manufacturer. Based on the latest update from the designer, it should have been available to ship on the date provided. Unfortunately sometimes the designer states it is no longer available as expected and we offered an alternative ship date. We do apologize that the order needed to be cancelled and any inconvenience this may have caused!

• Ri
              Ritoot Mar 07, 2017

Ritoot
              Fashion and Jewelry Brands Revealed, checkout my blog for the latest trends

PromGirl — Defective dress

I have purchased two dresses from PromGirl website which were on sale. My order arrived in a timely manner...

PromGirlDon't depend on this site!

My dress was a complete piece of garbage. It was supposed to be covered with beautiful rhinestones and when I took the dress out of the package many rhinestones just fell off! Emailed PromGirl customer service and they asked me to provide some photos. I did as they said and demanded my money back, but they refused and offered me a replacement. Well, I had no other choice so I agreed and several weeks later received another dress, which was even worse than the previous one. Total wasted of money! Do not buy this made in China junk!

• PromGirl's response · May 03, 2016

We're an authorized retailer of the designer dresses we sell and we are located in the US. We are sorry to hear about your experience and have messaged you for more information. Thank you for your understanding!

PromGirl — Terrible online shop!

I have ordered two lovely dresses from this website about two months ago and one month later received a...

PromGirlExtremely disappointed!

I am extremely disappointed and will never buy anything from PromGirl.com. I've ordered a lovely cream dress. When I received it I was shocked because it was totally white! They use some filters and photoshop so there may be a huge difference in colors. I contacted customer care and asked for a refund. They refused and said that dress I ordered was on sale and they never give refunds for items that are on sale. What sale? I had no idea what they were talking about because when I bought it there was no sale. Extremely unprofessional company and a very poor way to take care of the customers. So disappointed.

• PromGirl's response · May 06, 2016

We apologize that the item received was not as you were expecting! All of our products are from the designer or manufacturer listed. We've made every effort to accurately display the products featured on the site. However, the lighting at the photo shoot and the capabilities of your computer monitor can affect the colors you see on your screen. Unfortunately if the item is marked "Final Sale-No Returns" we are not able to accept it back as it will be discontinued from our site. Final sale dresses will state “This item is final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged” on the dress page and this information will also be shown throughout the checkout process and in the confirmation email. We apologize for any inconvenience!

PromGirlHighly unprofessional company!

I purchased a dress from PromGirl about two month ago. That was supposed to me my wedding dress. They promised I would receive it on time. Two weeks before my wedding I received a message from their customer service saying that the dress I ordered was no more in stock! They offered me a refund. That's great, I appreciate they decided to give me my money back. But it was only two weeks before the ceremony and I had no dress! Stay away from these clowns! Highly unprofessional company!

• PromGirl's response · May 06, 2016

We're sorry we were not able to fulfill your order! Items marked as "Due to Ship" need to be specially ordered from the manufacturer. Based on the latest update from the designer, this item should have been available to ship on the date provided. Unfortunately when contacted, the designer stated it was no longer available as expected. We do apologize that the order needed to be cancelled and any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your understanding!

Promgirl.comCrazy taxes

I've ordered a dress from this website and I live in Europe. The dress I purchased cost me $150 and shipping taxes were over $200! Are kidding me? I contacted Promgirl customer service and asked what was going on. They said that there was nothing they could do. I was told to contact the shipping company and they would explain why shipping costs so much. Who even buys from this place? I'll never order anything from here!

• PromGirl's response · May 06, 2016

Unfortunately all international shipments are subject to duties and taxes. Custom and import charges are not included in our shipping charges. This information is provided on our shipping page and in the Terms and Conditions agreed to at the time of the order. Please note that your country collects those fees for importing; it is not charged by our company. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!

PromGirlinformation on website/ customer service

DON'T BUY here at least when you live outside USA
                    My daughter ordered her prom dress and had to pay about 60% more because of shipping costs, taxes etc. The website does not inform her target group (teens and young adults) properly about these 'extra costs' and they are faced with these costs when UPS is delivering the package. Phoning with the company they suggested to accept the package, pay the extra costs and 2 times the shipping costs and send the dress back. She could get the money back that she paid for the dress. This would mean that she has no dress and paid 220 dollar??!
                    PromGirl has to take her responsibility and act according to normal values that respect the target group!

www.fabulouspromgirl.com — The colour and design of the dress was completely different

I placed order on the website www.fabulouspromgirl.com. I ordered dress from them. I got the order 2 day...

Promgirl.com — Return policy

I will never buy another dress from them for as long as I live. I bought a dress for my brothers wedding. I...

Promgirl.comI had the worst experience of my lifetime with this company

The worst website ever. I had to pay shipping plus 40% the dress was originally priced at the door when it was delivered because they didn't consider international shipping chargers. When I tried to put the dress on the smallest size xs was way too big. I had to get it altered in time for my prom but then it turns out the stupid cheap zipper keeps getting jammed. Finally once I had the dress on for over an hour and things were finally looking up, I ended up with lots of scratched from the rough material under my armpits because it was a strapless dress. Not to mention the material felt really tough and cheap.
                      To wrap things up when I tried to contact them and leave my review on the page the dress was sold the didn't put it up. So all those reviews they have on the site are forged. I paid triple the amount I was expected to pay due to additional shipping fees and alterations.
                      At the end of the day all I got out of the stupid dress was one night of scratching and discomfort.

All in all. I had the worst experience of my lifetime with this company.

Prom Princess Dresses Mar 21, 2013

Hey Beauties,

Please visit us www.promprincessdresses.com.
                          We would love you to be glamorous on your prom night. We are the highest quality and lowest price in the market.

FREE Shipping, FREE Return/Exchange Any Size & *FREE Sales Tax! FREE GIFTS worth $20.00 for first 250 customers! NO RESTOCKING FEE! FREE RETURNS & EXCHANGES!!!

We look forward serving you. Stay glam and fab!

Prom Princess Dresses Customer Team

❤ YOUNG ❤ SMART ❤ GLAMOROUS❤

Creating “Magical Prom Princess Moment” experience

w: www.promprincessdresses.com

e: [email protected]

p: [protected]
                          facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prom-Princess-Dresses/125922204241056?ref=stream

Promgirl.comCustomer service is really really horrible

First of all, the customer service is really really horrible. The reps are unable to help with any returns or size changes. REALLY READ THE POLICIES because you WILL be screwed if you find a slight problem with your dress and find that you need to return or exchange it but CAN'T. Or, if you argue long and hard enough, they will give you 1/4 of your money back in store credit - but you have to pay an additional $40+ on shipping and other fees for that return/exchange. For a $200 dress I ordered from a rather highly reputable company, my experience with them was unacceptable! I wasted double my money on a prom dress I didn't even get to wear once.
                        CAREFULLY READ THEIR POLICIES or altogether just avoid this website. Also Read reviews and be careful before pressing 'buy'!"

Promgirl.comThe dress we ordered was nothing remotely like the color pictured on the website

The dress we ordered was nothing remotely like the color pictured on the website and the sizing is much smaller than standard manufacturers. Their customer service reps were rude and unrelenting. I offered to ship the dress back in exchange for another size larger (and pay a re-stocking fee) and they refused. I did all of this within 12 hours of receiving the dress. I am absolutely appalled at the responses we were given. DO NOT order from this company unless you are okay with major color variations and be sure to order a larger size than you normally wear. I will NEVER patronize them again...and will be sure to let others know about our dissatisfaction...

PromGirlcom Jun 04, 2012

Hello, we at PromGirl.com would like to remedy this situation. We are unable to locate your order and contact you directly based on the information in your complaint. Please email us at [email protected] so that we may understand why you are not satisfied with our service and we can do our best to make it up to you!

Promgirl.comThis is the worst site i have ever tried to order from

This is the worst site i have ever tried to order from. I got my dress that I ordered and it was a completely different color than what was shown in the picture and the sequins were literally coming off of the dress! the stitching was pulling out the instant I tried it on for the first time. When I called customer service they were rude and would not work with me in any way possible. I wouldnt advise anyone to ever order from here!

PromGirlcom Jun 04, 2012

We are very sorry that you received anything less than amazing customer service. Our policy is that we're only happy when our customers are happy! Our VIP Customer Service team would like to try and make it up to you. Please email [email protected] with your order information and we'll do our best to make you happy!