Resolved Proflowers / Freeshipping.comscam

A

I thought I would order a surprise delivery of flowers for my wife so I went on to proflowers.com after hearing a lot of their advertisements on the radio. When I chose the flowers that I wanted, it tells you that your order is eligible for free shipping. So, I clicked on the free shipping button and then I am asked to fill out some information including my credit card number etc. I am thinking I am still in the proflowers website. After spending too much time on it, I gave up and didn't even order the flowers for my wife. I was confused with all of the fill-out processes. So, no flowers and a waste of more than fifteen minutes. Fast forward about a month later and I see on my checking account statement a debit for 82.96 from Freeshipping.com. I thought, "WHAT THE HECK???" After some searching on the internet I see that other people have been scammed by them via Proflowers. Supposedly, this "business" helps defer shipping costs. 82.96 and I didn't even buy flowers. So, I called the number (it was on the checking statement next to the company name) and I told them exactly what happend, that I didn't know I had signed up for anything and didn't know I was enrolling myself into any service. They told me I would receive a refund in 2-5 days. Well, three days have passed and I don't see a reund yet so time will tell. I reported this to my bank and to Visa. Buyers beware! These guys are just charing you for some amount hoping you won't notice it on your checking statements. I hope they find these @&*@&^$^ thieves and shut them down.

• Valerie May 12, 2008

I placed an order online on Proflowers for mother's day on May 1. Well yesterday the flowers didn't come. They say that there was a "problem" with my credit card. Well the money was charged and is taken out of my bank account, I even showed them a copy of the transaction line on my account. They are telling me that they never charge unless they ship them. Now I am out the $50 and have no flowers to show for it. They say they have no record of ever charging my account. What a crock. What else can I do to get my money back?

• Ju
    JustBackFromIraq Jul 06, 2008

Just returned from deployment to the Persian Gulf to fund a monthly charge of 14.95 from Easy Saver - totaling over 180.00!!! All unauthorized by me, charged by ProFlowers for some service I never subscribed to! Welcome back from war...

• To
    Tony Oct 07, 2008

The gist of the story:
    Call 800-444-9491 and just be nice and say that what they doing is illegal and that they had no authorization to charge the credit card. No signature can be applied from a different purchase. If they give you any garbage just say that you want to speak to someone above them. I eventually spoke to someone named Jenny who told me they were going to refund all my money. I recommend calling this number first, not the 800-355-1837, they have no authority to do anything other than give you back the last two payments.

My story:
    After placing an order for ProFlowers.com back in May of '08, a pop-up came up offering discounts off my order, I clicked on it and was shown a long form to fill out. I decided I didn't care enough and so I closed it and finished my order for Proflowers and left it at that. About a month later there was a charge of $1.95 to my credit card under the label Easy Saver. I called the credit card company and they said it was an addendum to my proflowers order. I assumed it was some stupid fee for delivery or something like that, so I let it slide and forgot about it. Then in September I looked at my credit account and there was a $14.95 charge from Easy Saver. I knew it sounded familiar so I started going back through my records and they had charged me this amount for the last several months. I completely missed it among the other purchases I had made. I called the 800-355-1837 number but they could only remove the last two months of charges. Then I came to this site and found another number that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND calling first. Call 800-444-9491 and just be nice and say that what they doing is illegal and that they had no authorization to charge your credit card or other account. I eventually spoke to someone named Jenny who told me they were going to refund my money. I would recommend this route.

John Chesnut Dec 13, 2008

On 11-14-08 I ordered flowers from ProFlowers (800.580.2913). I charged it to my VISA account. It was $52.68. The flowers were delivered promptly. Today, 12-13-08 a charge appeared on my VISA account for $14.95 from a company called Easy Saver. I did some checking and found out that this is a company that partners with ProFlowers. Apparently when I ordered the flowers I was signed up for a $14.95 recurring monthly charge for something, I know not what. I did not authorize such a charge. I called ProFlowers at the above number and was told to call Easy Saver at 800-355-1837. I did and, being Saturday, found the office was closed. I will call again Monday.

Reviewing your complaints, I see that this event has happened many, many times. I, of course, want this charge removed and further charges eliminated.

• Ss
    sslp003 Dec 30, 2008

I ordered flowers from Proflowers.com in March 2008. Every month after that I was charged $14.95 for some Easy Saver Program that I have no idea what it is and never signed up for it. I was charged a total of 10 times. My bank can't do anything about it because the claims go back to far. I called Easy Saver and demanded my money back. They are supposedly issuing me my money back within 10 days. I also called Proflowers.com and they are well aware that this is happening and could care less. I will never order flowers from them again!

• Dr
    drwebber Jan 13, 2009

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER 800-355-1837 PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. After contacting Proflowers and easysaver, I was told that I entered an email in a popup screen and buy doing so I gave Proflowers the right to provide my account to another company, who then proceeded to STEAL money from me every month. When I asked for a copy of my contact, there was none... I am now working with my bank and visa to dispute the chargnes and hopefully will be able to file a fraud complaint.

• Br
    Brenna345 Jan 23, 2009

You really should read through things before you sign up. I happened to sign up when placing an order at Proflowers but I was aware of the cost as it is listed in several places when you sign up. It was right next to where I enter my credit card information and also is right in the welcome email. I shop online a lot, so I was able to review the merchants they work with in the trial period (which is 30 days).. and realized it would benefit me. I was billed the annual fee but I have gotten back over $200 so far. It definitely is not a rip-off, this site should only be for actual scams, not frustrated people who didn't read the directions.

• Co
    cookiemonster Feb 11, 2009

Brenna345 obviously works for the website, because the "I saved over $200 so far" is one of the so-called "testimonials" on freeshipping.com. Coincidence that two people have "saved over $200 so far"? Or that one person is passionate enough about freeshipping.com to write testimonials all over the WWW? Obviously the above poster is involved in the website.

If you start to google "freeshipping.com", a list of the most popular search terms regarding your term comes up... and guess what the second most popular search term is? "freeshipping.com SCAM". Buyer beware!

• Jb
    jbos Feb 12, 2009

This is true. I was also scammed by the free shipping deal. and I know for a fact that it never said anything about freeshipping.com sign up. I order onine alot also and I read everything. I was suckered in by the "your order is eligible for free shipping" and after I placed my order I was still charged for the shipping and received an email stating i got a coupon for free shipping on my next order... well this whole advertisment is a lie. It never said I would get free shipping on my next order, it stated the my order was eligible for free shipping and I was still caharged for it. I will never use proflowers again, and will tell everyone about my experience here.

I think that the freeshipping.com people know it is a scam because I called them and with out an arguement form the lady Michelle was her name, I got the membership I supposedly signed up for canceled and a refund for the 1.95 charge on my card. This must be a scam because I have had to try to cancel things in the past and they always try to talk their way out of it, , , not so this time, it was about a 3 minute conversation and she actually offered to refund it be fore I asked fo rthe refund... HMMMM! sounds a little odd to me

Bottom line this was a SCAM and dont use proflowers.com EVER!!!

• Br
    brenna345 Feb 18, 2009

This is so funny. Yes, I am the same person on the testimonials, I have nothing better to do than to just blog about the site. The response above is not even about Freeshipping.com, It is a company called Easy Saver. I admit I did sign up for the service from Proflowers and I also became enrolled in Easy Saver and they debited me automatically. Easy Saver just asks for your name and email, and your data is transfered from your flower order. I am not a FreeShipping.com defense attorney here I just know that because of all the online shopping I do, I save a lot of money. By the way, the first rebate is guaranteed even if you cancel your membership in the free trial.

• Dom Feb 19, 2009

I've had the same rip-off after ordering flowers from Proflowers/Florist Express. It is simply fraud and I am reporting it to the FBI and the attorney general in the state in which they operate.

Jayne Feb 26, 2009

ProFlowers/Encore started to take amounts of cash out of my American Express account without my permission.

• We
    WebGirl23 Feb 27, 2009

I completely agree that Freeshipping.com is a scam and most definitely NOT WORTH the membership. Not only is it rather inconvenient to submit shipping rebate claims (they make you enter in your order information online and THEN ask you to send in shipping receipts, your order confirm, etc. via MAIL) but the maximum rebate you are allowed per order is $10 and it takes FOREVER to get processed and refunded back to you (they also send this rebate by SNAIL MAIL - six weeks later I have YET to receive my rebate check, IF I ever receive it). The fact that this site is a bit scammy is evident by the fact that it's nearly impossible to reach someone by telephone. Nowhere on the site is there a telephone contact number - I had to search on the internet for a contact number posted on a completely unrelated conference website where Freeshipping.com must have marketed. Even though these are tough economic times and we're all trying to save a buck here and there, Freeshipping.com is a complete waste of time and energy on the part of the consumer and in my opinion, NOT WORTH the membership fee ($7.95/mo.), the effort, or the time.

• Vi
    vinnie2001 Mar 02, 2009

For what it's worth, I agree that the originator of this thread needs to be more careful in reading before clicking and to not toss around terms like "thieves" and "scam" when they simply do knot know what they are talking about. I became a member of freeshipping.com about 9 months ago, also while shopping at ProFlowers. I was skeptical, but I remained a member and paid my $72 annual fee after my ProFlowers rebate came through within a few short weeks. I am glad I did. I have since received $344.51 worth of savings from freeshipping.com While a lot of this is through their free shipping rebates, about $100 in savings has come from the additional benefit of a price protection guarantee; if you buy an item online using a credit card that is registered with their service, you will receive a refund of the difference should you find the item for a lower price within 90 days from any online retailer, including the original merchant. In November I saved nearly $30 on a DVD player purchase and shortly after the holidays I was able to receive about $70 in additional rebates through this price protection plan. Another great benefit is that they will double the manufacturer's warranty for up to one year on items purchased with a registered credit card. I recently bought a laptop at Best Buy and would have considered their $150 additional warranty were it not for the knowledge that freeshipping already provided pretty much the same protections. I can't yet vouch for the extended warranty service but I have no reason to believe it's a scam given that I have had 33 rebate requests honored and fulfilled to the tune of $344.51 Now, I'm not saying it's for everyone; you need to do a fair amount of online shopping, keeping an eye out for reduced prices after purchases, and yes, having to print off and mail in the rebate forms and receipts takes time and resources (I suppose you can lower my savings by $13.86 due to postage stamps), but the point is that this is NOT a scam and they are not thieves, and it may very well be a great service that is well worth the annual membership fee to a certain type of savvy online consumer. It's good to be cautious, but people do need to also be careful about portraying themselves as the victim of a scam when they obviously contributed mightily to the problem. And no, I do not work for freeshipping and I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have about my experience with the service. Oh, and in a few months I will be gladly renewing my membership.

charles1816 Mar 07, 2009

Found on my credit card statement a $1.95 then $14.95 for two months. I did asked to be signed up for this service. Called Proflowers and they said it was a pop up I might have signed up by mistake. I have my pop-up blocker on. Today is march 08th 2009 the representative I talked with said someone will call me Monday the 10th and I will be reimbursed.

charles1816 Mar 07, 2009

In the complaint paragraph I for got to put "Not" after did. I am now adding that I "Did Not" sign up for this service.

• He
    HeHateMe Mar 10, 2009

I just think that people need to learn to read. I teach that to my 5 yrs old every day. He can catch things that I may look over.

Just a thought !

• Fa
    fall2000 Mar 14, 2009

I ordered flowers from Proflower and they did not get to the destination so Pro flower sent them again with great success the second time. Should not be a complaint here and there is not one as far as that goes.
    The complaint lies with Proflowers and their affiliate Ezsaver and freeshipping.com I did authorize a purchase for free shipping.com and I did also ask to be canceled several times within 3 days of my ordering the flowers. I believe they should have canceled me and then there would not be a charge on my charge card but they did not cancel me as I had ask and they did charge me a reoccuring charge of 14.95 a month. They may be a honest company but they are using misleading adds. This should be illeagl. If enough people complain maybe they will change there misleading ways.

• Cu
    cuong Mar 18, 2009

I am being charged 14.95 every month for something I didn't want. I am never going to use Proflowers ever again. This is rediculous!!!

• Tj
    t johnson Mar 18, 2009

i went through the same thing when i ordered flowers for my mother's birthday last year, under a promotion offer code that they had. they next thing i know i was being charged for a monthly membership that i never signed up for. but what they fail to tell you is that you are automatically signed up when you make a purchase that is one of the biggest scams i have ever seen in my life. but i did get a friendly customer service rep that canceled that membership and reverse the charges

• Sh
    sheranger Mar 19, 2009

Maybe you should read the TERMS and CONDITIONS it tells you in them how you will be billed. Your welcome email also spells out stuff as well!! I joined with King Size Direct and if you follow what you need to do you get your rebates. After reading this stuff I called the number and spoke with a very nice lady her name was Litha and she went through everything with me, when I asked about not keeping the service she stated you cn cancel anytime you want. That is not a scam but maybe good Customer Service, maybe you didn't see it as that since it is rare.
    Why would you give or add your bank or credit card numbers without reading everything??

• He
    Herbert Winkler Mar 25, 2009

after a purchase in january, charges to my credit card 01/21/2009, the company made two more unwanted and fraudulent charges 02/19/2009 and 03/19/09

Herbert Winkler
    384 Avenue du Serpolet
    83700 Saint Raphael
    France
    e-mail [email protected]

John Mar 30, 2009

the website is bbb acreditation confirmed. it can't be a scam. come on guys.

• Af
    af40 Mar 30, 2009

I will comment on this promotion in a moment, but first, I'd like to comment on the single positive reviewer who goes by Brenna345.

1. Brenna345 is listed as living in Hartford, CT.
    2. Freeshipping.com is listed as Wethersfield, CT.
    3. Distance between Hartford, CT and Wethersfield, CT: 5.6 miles, or a 10 minute drive.
    4. Exposing Freeshipping.com's fake reviewers: PRICELESS

Listen, this person, woman, man, whomever s/he is, is quite suspicious. She lives in the company's back yard, she has only posted one time here, and yet this one post is inordinately positive and very exaggerated ( I "have gotten back over $200 so far").

Now back to the story..

I have had the sad opportunity to deal with this entity. Unfortunately, I must agree with most people here. I was shown an ad on the ProFlowers.com site saying "Free Shipping Up to $15". I paid more than that, so I figured I'd get back $15. Not that much all considered, but it's still money. The site signs you up for a monthly subscription- i.e. the "catch". I was aware of this, I have dealt with similar promotions for Buy.com. But Buy.com's affiliate always paid before the monthly trial subscription expired. Freeshipping.com apparently does not pay you the $15 "Free" Shipping unless you are a member at the time payment is made. But the catch is that they do not pay you until you go past the free trial period. That is, you have to pay them at least one actual subscription fee to get the "FREE" shipping. So you pay $15 or around this much to get back $15. I mean seriously folks, this is plain stupid. Also, if that were not enough of a pain in the you-know-what, the site automatically signs you up for a year, which is a lot of money. There are no readily available 800 numbers, although I will list their main number here for those who have been Googling this site: Phone: 860-529-7990.

There are a few major problems here:
    1. Both ProFlowers.com and Freeshipping.com do not make it clear to an ordinary consumer (i.e. a non-lawyer) to understand that there really is nothing "free" here. I think that the Federal government has for too long failed to regulate these "free" promos. Most people understand free to mean just that: free. When you have to pay a subscription to a site after you already shelled out $60+ dollars on ProFLowers.com, you naturally feel robbed.
    2. In fact, the whole contract here is suspect. ProFlowers.com induces you to buy from them by giving you an inducement (or in legal terms, consideration) in the form of "free shipping". So you go ahead and buy their product, then you go to the freeshipping.com site to "get your money" only to discover that you have to wait for it, but that it is only sent to you if you pay for it. This is clearly suspect activity, and arguably a breach of contract as well as a breach of good faith and fair dealing. In other words, it is a scam. For shame.

• Ro
    RodneyG3 Mar 31, 2009

af40.. perhaps it would be more useful for you to spend your time on other things. May I suggest a list of hobbies besides googling the distance between Hartford and Wethersfield.. and what about all of the other positive feedback? Have you researched their length away from Wethersfield as well?

I can assure you that I do not live anywhere near Hartford, or Wethersfield, or Connecticut. What harm is in a company that rebates us online shoppers? I am so happy a program like this is in place, because I do everything online... Further investigation into your research would prove that you definitely save money as an online shopper. Proflowers has nothing to do with this site, certainly any company needs marketing speak to draw someone into the program, or place attention on their benefits but everything is so clearly laid out once a member that it is impossible to miss all the details. This day in age, I cannot believe somebody needs so much guidance and hand holding to see the charge and/or terms. Instant gratification is for some people, like yourself, but I do not mind waiting for my rebates and normally they come in large checks for several claims at once. I do not understand your line "It is only sent to you if you pay for it." What company do you know that provides services or has the luxury to provide such services for someone who is never billed? Come on! At the end of the day, it seems as if you are doing the scamming wanting everything for nothing, not Freeshipping.com.

• 1p
    1peevedwife Apr 04, 2009

My husband ordered flowers for me from ProFlowers.com. Although the flowers were nice we have since that time been receiving unauthorized charges on our credit card for $14.95 for EasySaver.com. If you order from ProFlowers.com be sure to look for these charges on your card every 24th or 25th of the month! We will never order from ProFlowers.com again!

notlem Apr 11, 2009

Charges to credit card for $1.95 in March and & $14.95 in April apparently in conjunction with February online purchase through ProFlowers (as noted in www.complaintboard.com complaints noted after accessing easy saver thorugh google)
    Will not use ProFlowers in the future due to this scam

Unclear how Easy Saver obtained permission to bill credit card account. In the process of investigating this

nofoolin Apr 13, 2009

easy saver charged 14.95 on my credit card for 3 months . I never signed up for this service . Plus also the flowers I got from Proflowers arrived dead . Easy saver has told me I check a box to have this discount . ### . Please someone start a cilival lawsuite . I can just think of how many people have been rip off by EASYSAVER and do not know it ! And Proflowers sucks also for letting this company do this .

• Os
    oscar204 Apr 14, 2009

Bought flowers from Proflowers for Valentine's Day. Not only did I not receive my rebate but I was charged for several months by a company called Easy Saver (15 dollars a month) who received my information from Proflowers. I was then unable to reach Easy Savers and had to change my account number and go through a several month long process to get my money back.

NO TO PRO FLOWERS

• Diane Apr 16, 2009

I too have been a victim of Easy Saver-EMI. In my case it went on for 11 months without my knowledge. I was deployed with the military and someone else was overseeing my checking/debit card account statements. They didn't realize this was an ongoing unauthorized charges, after I had ordered flowers through "FromYou Flowers.com".

Though, I see most of the complaints are affiliated with "ProFlowers.com' and their associates. I thought I'd mention that there are other companies that send credit card information to Easy Saver-EMI, as well without authorization. Additionally, I never received any emails or regular mail that I had become a member or authorized the monthly charges.

After, I returned from my deployment and saw these charges I immediately called 1-800-355-1837 and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Of course, there was the explanation that I had authorized the charges. I stated I wanted to see it in writing for the record. At this point, the supervisor said that wasn't possible. She offered to refund only 6 months and I said that wasn't acceptable and would report this. She then offered the full 11 months refund. I asked for a confirmation to be sent.

Below is the confirmation sent and will update on this site if the total refund isn't granted.

----- Original Message -----
    From: [email protected]
    To: XXX
    Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:48 AM
    Subject: Credit Confirmation

Mrs. XXX
    This email will confirm our conversation today regarding the Easy Saver
    Rewards membership. To reiterate our conversation, I have canceled the
    membership and, as agreed, issued a total of 11 refunds in the amount of
    $14.95 back to your credit card account. These refunds have been
    requested today and if you do your banking online, you may see those
    refunds as early as 48 hours.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
    Missy Baer
    4/14/09

Marla Apr 20, 2009

Noticed in reviewing my accounts this month, that a charge for $14.95 from someone called EZSVER RW ... 800-355-1837 PA hit one of my credit cards. Not recognizing that vendor, I called and asked what the charge was for, which I know we did not authorize. I then googled this info and found the listing in the complaintsboard for this organization.

I ordered from Proflowers and read all fine print before I confirm any order, and NEVER signed up for any 'saver' program. It is my opinion that PROFLOWERS fraudulently registered me for EZ SAVER.

I have already started the dispute process to reverse these charges, which proflowers indicated would occur, but I have also filed a dispute with Mastercard and and will also being reporting this fraudulent activity to the Texas Attorney
    General.

• Mi
    MisterTrillion Apr 29, 2009

It is just another grand conspiracy, I suspect the Illuminati is using Freeshipping.com to put more gold in their hidden caverns... Caveat Emptor!

NoReg May 03, 2009

Thanks for the info. Because of this I will use another flower company... I was suspicious of the 'rebate' process in the first place. Why not just offer me free shipping?

• Mi
    Mikephila123 May 04, 2009

I have to say, I have used ProFlowers before, and like their products. I will also probably buy from them again. However, as for freeANYTHING.com...the chances of it being less than exactly what it sounds like, up to and including an actual scam are pretty high. If we learn nothing else in life, it should be the incredibly overused, monstrously cliche, unoriginal, but impossible to deny old adage... "If it looks to good to be true, keep your credit card in your wallet."
    By the way, RodneyG3, vinnie2001, brenna345, no one here believes you are some benevolent citizen advocating for freeshipping.com, and if you don't work for them, or haven't been paid by them for your posts, then you obviously own part or all of that outfit. Gimme a break. Who the heck would actually write a testimonial indefense of a "company" to pissed off consumers in this forum, as a fellow consumer, and cite "the additional benefit of a price protection guarantee"??? No one. That's who.

• Mo
    momof4 May 05, 2009

ProFlowers doesn't make you take the offer at freeshipping.com. I think that ProFlowers does a great job and is comparable to any florist out there. You should definately read the "deal" and I always print out a comfirmation of the deal and file it by date, so I can cancel if nothing good comes of it.

Angry-About-Scam May 06, 2009

Who ever is advocating for Pro-flowers should be flogged and beaten! I am a Computer Security person, and I can tell you that when they sent me my order confirmation via e-mail, there was a link that says this order qualifies for a FREE shipping Rebate. It said nothing about signing me up with another merchant! When you click on the link, it automatically signed me up at freeshipping.com, and it also sent freeshipping.com my credit card information! This is a SCAM! I would love to find a good attorney and sue them for everything they have. I am researching it now. If anyone is interested in a lawsuit, let me know! I have save all this for evidence!

• Gi
    gilberto5 May 06, 2009

I was just one click away from submitting my freflowers.com order when decided to research the freeshipping.com and came across this blog. I am glad I did not placed the order. I have been burned once before but now days I research everything before getting into it. Like they say "If it is too good to be true, it is probably not true"

Angry-About-Scam May 06, 2009

Good for you Gilbert! I did call and threaten them to sue, and they did say that they cancelled the freeshipping thing. I will now have to wait and watch my credit card to see if they do what they say they will. Right now I have a $1.00 charge on my bill from them. I told them that if I see any charges other than from proflowers on my card, I will contact an attorney! I suggest you go to ftd.com. They are the most reliable and they shouldn't scam you.

• St
    Stan May 07, 2009

RE: The Scam
    Have any of you contacted a California attorney on the process being used here ?
    California used to have a "bait and switch" law. Is this a means to get around it ? Laws mean well but are quickly bent into a new shape through poor judicial interpretations.
    Pro flowers.com give a San Diego headquarters address and they are promoting these other 3rd parties.

• It
    IT guy number2 May 07, 2009

Although i did not get tricked into the freeshipping.com service, I do feel that proflowers.com is majorly misleading people and may have a problem with the law soon.