Proflowers / Freeshipping.comscam

A

I thought I would order a surprise delivery of flowers for my wife so I went on to proflowers.com after hearing a lot of their advertisements on the radio. When I chose the flowers that I wanted, it tells you that your order is eligible for free shipping. So, I clicked on the free shipping button and then I am asked to fill out some information including my credit card number etc. I am thinking I am still in the proflowers website. After spending too much time on it, I gave up and didn't even order the flowers for my wife. I was confused with all of the fill-out processes. So, no flowers and a waste of more than fifteen minutes. Fast forward about a month later and I see on my checking account statement a debit for 82.96 from Freeshipping.com. I thought, "WHAT THE HECK???" After some searching on the internet I see that other people have been scammed by them via Proflowers. Supposedly, this "business" helps defer shipping costs. 82.96 and I didn't even buy flowers. So, I called the number (it was on the checking statement next to the company name) and I told them exactly what happend, that I didn't know I had signed up for anything and didn't know I was enrolling myself into any service. They told me I would receive a refund in 2-5 days. Well, three days have passed and I don't see a reund yet so time will tell. I reported this to my bank and to Visa. Buyers beware! These guys are just charing you for some amount hoping you won't notice it on your checking statements. I hope they find these @&*@&^$^ thieves and shut them down.

chunk0099 Aug 16, 2016

IF you have every bought anything from proflowers.com or are planning to buy anything from them BEWARE. heres what they do. After you place an order at proflowers.com, they will send you an email offering $15 your next order. BUT THERE IS A CATCH. in order to receive that they send you to a website where you enter your email address and zip code. HERE IS THE CATCH. what your actually doing is signing up for easy saver rewards, which will charge you 14.95 a month.

i was charged 86+ by easy saver before i realized what was going on (yeah shame on me for not paying better attention). There is hope however. If this has happened to you ASK FOR A REFUND. Easy Saver has a customer service number: [protected]. If your not given an option to be sent to a customer service rep. hit ZERO and you will be transferred to one.

• Ho
    Horrible People Jul 20, 2016

Proflowers service and product were intially fine, they knowingly participated in a scam on us. My wife went to the Proflowers site to order some flowers for Mothers Day. Apparently she entered her email for a 10% discount and this automatically signed us up for a $15 a month charge from easy saver. It is not common practice for the mear entering of an an email address to constitute a contract. Also, we neither knew we were signing up for such a service nor knowingly agreed to it. In short Proflowers helped Easy Saver scam us. I've let Proflowers know they have thus not only lost our business but we will make a point of spreading the word to family, friends and via the internet.

Sincerely,
    Darren and Tracy McCammon

• Bn
    BNicoletti Jul 13, 2016

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I have discovered that I was not the first one.How is it possible that they keep going on with their "business".

Regards

• Sc
    scammed from sanjose Jul 13, 2016

like most of you who wrote having been charged $14.95 for unknown services/purchases i've just discovered i am being scammed by these companies. i say there's enough of us with the same kind of complaint, we all have what it takes to file for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!! <br />
    <br />
    ***PROFLOWERS AND EASY SAVER YOU SHOULD START LOOKING FOR A TOP RATED LAWYER TO REPRESENT YOU IN COURT!!!

• Na
    Nancy Jul 13, 2016

My complaint seems similar to the other complaints I have read. I ordered flowers for my mother for Mothers Day from Proflowers. When they asked if you wanted free shipping I did click on it, because the shipping was almost as much as the order. After entering all my information I was signed up to a 30 trial memebership to the Insiderclub.com, not Easy Saver. I do not remember anything stating Easy Saver. I cancelled my membership with the Insider club within the 30 day free trial. Easy Saver charged my account $1.95 the first time, which I will admitt slipped by me, but then today 6/9/08 they charged my account $14.95. I could not find an email address or phone number to contact Easy Saver until I did a search and I got all these sites where complaints were posted. I found a phone number and called it and they are going to credit my card for both charges. I also let them know that I had read the complaints and told them do not charge my account ever again. I also wrote to Proflowers and told them I did not appreciate what had happen; by the way, proflowers messed up my order bad, and it was for my 92 year old Mom for Mothers Day, it made me extremely sad. I have ordered flowers many times online, but never from Proflowers and I never will again. I have never had this trouble ever before. I hope this is the last of it.

• Je
    jensevenfold Jul 13, 2016

I purchased flowers from Proflowers and just found a $1.95 charge on my credit card from Easy Saver. I called the 1-800# and canceled it, but I don't trust much in the fact it will actually be canceled. I have the confirmation number, so we'll see what happens next month.

• Bu
    Buck Johnson Jul 13, 2016

You buy the flowers from pro flowers then they offer you free shipping. You get transferred to the free shipping site and they sign you up to receive a rebate on the flower shipping. About two months later only to discover that you've signed up to a membership that dings your credit card or debit card monthly regardless of purchases. I didn't catch it till the second month. They said that one of the charges would be refunded. $12.97. Not the amount of money but the idea. A total scam.

• Ap
    aprilmagic Jul 13, 2016

This charge appeared w/o explanation and unauthorized, initially for $1.95 in April 4, 2009 It then appeared @ $14.95 on May 5. I just noticed it this month. I did a search and found this site that others had the same problem. I called Proflowers and informed them to take me off their customer list and about Easy Saver authorized charging. Tomorrow I will contact Easy Saver. For those of you who complained on this site, I really want to thank you. Someone should be put in jail! I didn't check any box to authorize membership to a 3rd party!

reefercat Jul 13, 2016

Proofreading. It's a good thing.

• Pu
    Pupuzogle Jul 13, 2016

I ordered flowers for Mother Day because I was told this company was hones. The flowers were delieved on time and where beautiful and thought I would use them again. I do NOT often order anything on the internet. Now I have two additional charges on my bank account that I have no idea where they came from!. One is for freeshipping and one for a Tricore Inc!. I have sent an eil to freeshipping to cael whatever this:. The other ricor I!. I have no way of kwg wat this i|. he charge gives meno information and thee ae s may Tricor nmed companies on the inteenet that I wouldn't kno where to start.. Ifanyon can give ay information on ho to cace ths I would love to hear fr y;. Thisisway I do NOT nd will Not order offthe intenet and neve aga wih Proflowers

• Sk
    Skif Jul 13, 2016

I used ProFlowers for the first time by purchasing two separate arrangements this week; a $70 arrangement for my mother-in-law's birthday and a $50 arrangement for my sister for Valentine's day (cost of arrangement alone).

My first disappointment were all the "hidden fees" prior to check-out. I expected a $9.99 delivery fee, but then there was a $2.99 HANDLING FEE, and an additional $4.99 fee to guarantee delivery on V-day. REALLY? Now I have to pay to ensure they arrive on the correct date????!

I assumed a local florist would deliver the flowers... but that is NOT THE CASE! The flowers are shipped in a box and delivered by UPS (WTH??). Yes, in a box; which means the recipient is responsible for putting the arrangement together.

The flowers were wilted, lifeless, and in my Mother-in-Law's words "appeared beat up". There wasn't the emotion, greenery, or "fluff" that you would normally get by going through a florist. And it looked nothing like the flowers online.

I have NEVER spent so much on such sad flowers (they actually look depressed looking)! I've seen both arrangements and I am so embarrassed. Neither were worth the money I spent.

If you want flowers that represent you well, do not go through ProFlowers.

Marina Jul 13, 2016

My husband sent me 24 muticolored roses from Pro-Flowers. They look nothing at all like they do on their site. My husband is mortified. He would have done better with street vendor flowers. Lesson learned. I would never recommend ProFlowers to anyone. The roses are tiny and wilted and just not all vibrant. So disappointing to know that they use false advertising and deceptive photos. Nothing at all that I would gift to anyone. My husband came back with much nicer roses from our local supermarket for one quarter of what he paid ProFlowers. I will definitely let all my freinds and family know not to be fooled.

• Km
    kmierz Jul 13, 2016

In December, I ordered flowers from ProFlower. In January i started getting billed for 14.95 from ezsaver. I nevered agreed to join any type of club or commitment and i never saw any type of advertising saying i would be charged $14.95 per month if i ordered the flowers. Looking on the internet, i see that this same thing has happened to others who had ordered from proflowers and oriental trading co. What can be done to stop this?

• Valerie Jul 13, 2016

If you signed up to get the shipping refund that's when you get screwed on the easy savers thing. If you read it states by clicking you will be enrolled in said program and will be charged. My husband did the same thing he called because a thing came up on the screen and said that he had just enrolled in easy savers. I am generally ok with proflowers but I do think that it is super sneaky of them to throw that in at the end. I have also been overcharged for certain orders as well.

Chiefsgirl3 Jul 13, 2016

My husband just had Proflowers delivered to me for Valentine's day and I'm about in tears!!! They are HORRIBLY wilted and look like I picked them from my own garden...3 days ago!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM PLEASE!!! Your signifigant other will NOT be pleased!! I know my husband thought he was getting what he normally buys for me...which is beautiful, beautiful flowers...but this is just an insane rip off! I feel bad for him because I couldn't hide the disappointment! So NOW, proflowers has ruined not only my valentine's day, but his as well!!!

• Kl
    Klemar Jul 13, 2016

I ordered a tulip arrangment, that looked really great on proflowers.com. my wife brought them home and i was utterly embarassed. they were TINY. and some wilted. i would have been better off getting a ten buck arrangement at my local grocery store. i wish i would have read the reviews on this site and other before i purchased from proflowers. they were also delivered via UPS, not a hand delivery of flowers like you would expect. seriously? ups delivered in a box? never again proflowers. never again. my local shop or grocery store is the only option for me now...

• Co
    COgn Jul 13, 2016

I ordered Valentine flowers for my MOM they were to be delivered the Friday before V-day I recived an e-mial tell me that the flowers I ordered was not available that they were sending something else. that wasn't the big problem ... the problem was they were not delivered until the Monday! Not happy with the service. ok now on to the flowers I recieved on V-day they were dead the next day all dropped over 2 dozen roses form Pro Flowers This company is not what they claim to be! Very disappointed with the servce and product

• Sh
    SheWillie Jul 13, 2016

Teleflora not better.. You don't get flowers at all and they take your money and don't give it back.

• Ge
    GEORGEANN TENNYSON Jul 13, 2016

I have ordered from pro flowers four times now, and I must need my head examined. First time for a birthday the flowers never came. Second time roses were left at the front door in a box in the hot sun. . . Without any water. They were dead. Now for Christmas. . They weren't delivered when supposed to, and the party I sent them to received them the next day and the miniature rose plant was frozen. The next day it was dead. . . Never again. . Thought this was the cheapest was to send flowers but it's not worth it. . . Going to try Teleflora. . . Hope they are a lot better.

• Ke
    Kellie R Jun 09, 2016

I had ordered some flowers by logging into ProFlowers.com. In their website, it asks if I wanted to save 15 dollars - I clicked yes, it routed me to a website for "easy saver". I did not further go through their transaction because it asked me for a lot of info I really didn't have much time for. I did however finish buying the flowers on-line via the ProFlowers.com.

I noticed a weird charge last month from Easy Saver. It was for few dollars, so I didn't pay much attention. Today, I noticed that they charged my account again for $14.95. I googled this company & noticed that a lot of people are getting scammed by this company. I tried calling this company to stop billing my account but the office is closed now. This scam needs to stop.

• Co
    Concerned Citizen Jun 09, 2016

Boston, MA - I am experiencing the same thing. I ordered flowers in May for mother's day from ProFlowers. I was aware there was a $1.95 charge for something. But did not know I would be charged $14.95. This is a deceptive way to get people into this stupid supposed "saver" club. I am going to contact the same number I found here on this site on one of the posts - [protected]. I will ask for my money back. What does it take to shut down this fraudulent company!!!

• Al
    Alsana Jun 09, 2016

I just noticed Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) charging $14.99 per month since March to the credit card I used to order flowers from ProFlowers.com. I did not provide my credit card number to Easy Saver and didn't authorize ProFlowers to share the information.

• De
    Dean Mitchel Jun 06, 2016

Had a reoccuring 14.95 dollar charge on my credit card that I never noticed and certainly did not mean to sign up for at any point. It always appeared above another charge for insurance I purchased and I thought the two were connected. Turns out they both just bill at the same time every month, so were always next to each other. Did some research and found that the charge, billed by "EZ Saver" is connected to Pro Flowers.com, which I used one time over a year ago. I assume this charge has been occurring since then.

I called and easily cancelled the charge, but I will NEVER use pro flowers.com again and will email everyone in my address book about this charge urging them to also never use proflowers.com

Reviewer49061 Feb 02, 2016

I want a full refund of all money charged to my credit card. this is crazy. just Noticed this charge, i looked in statement of all purchases done ever, and come across this 12.97 charge that has been taking place since November of 2015. please help refund my money.

Reviewer44189 Dec 21, 2015

Twice my bank account has been charged by this company who I never heard of. It appears that they are taking it monthly. I did not sign up and want my $ back and to be removed from their site.

Reviewer22796 Dec 14, 2015

I am complaining because there was a fee for $12.97. Please refund this amount immediately.

Reviewer17542 Dec 11, 2015

Freeshipping.com is debiting my bank account monthly for a service I didn't sign up for. I have no record of EVER signing up for their 'service'.

• Ab
    abby2041 Dec 20, 2013

Ordered a flower arrangement and a charge of $12.99 showed up AFTER my credit card was charged. This charge was for shipping but I selected a shipping charge of $4.95 which was also on the bill.

• Sl
    sleeper416 May 06, 2013

I ordered Mother's Day flowers this morning from ProFlowers and thought I'd be spending $19. My credit card was charged $42! Their website is very misleading in how they present the charges. They have a "Care" charge, a "Saturday delviery" charge, a FREE vase which cost $6.99 and lead you to believe the Standard charge is $4.99 when its $12.99. I immediately called when I saw the unexpected charge post to my MasterCard and they said they would cancel it and send an email immediately. They sent another charge instead. I called again and was told they would cancel it and when I asked, very pointedly, when, they said today. I asked could they provide a time I could expect the email and they said today and hung up on me. This company doesn't intend on making money selling flowers, but on ancillary charges. They act like an airline.

• Tn
    TNB Dec 27, 2012

LOL! I was reading af40's comment on the first page about Brenna345 being an employee for freeshipping.com. For some reason RodneyG3 responded to the comment insisting (in first person) that he/she is not an employee and proceeded to insult af40. Am i missing something? RodneyG3 and Brenna345 are obviously the same person which is hilarious. He/she forgot change the name before responding LOL! It's so pathetic that they hide on this site to lie about their scamming practices. I'm kind of nervous now because i clicked on that link through an email from cookies.com about an order i placed. If cookies.com has scam links on their site, i will contact the exchange website and tell them to stop offering cookies.com to military personnel.

Cherylmcg Jul 09, 2012

Proflowers should not allow an offer of free shipping by another company's program be on there website. As it was said, if Proflowers wants to offer free shipping then they should offer free shipping. I'm still trying to get my rebate for free shipping from freeshipping.com. They require a packing slip and documentation with Proflowers letterhead but the order was done online!! Who gets a packing slip when ordering flowers that are sent to a hospital???? SCAM

• Pr
    ProFlowers Jun 15, 2012

We're sorry you had a bad experience with our flowers! That isn't typical and we'll make it right for you. It is true that flowers purchased off of ProFlowers arrive in a box as opposed to our florist service (ProFlowers Florist Express), however, that is because we obtain the flowers directly from the growers and it lets us guarantee them fresh for at least seven days. If your flowers weren't up to those, or your own, expectations, please give us a call. If you give me a call at [protected], I'll take care of it for you personally. As far as the rebate offers through our partner, for some customers who do a great deal of online shopping, the service is quite valuable. For others, it isn't, which is why we ensure the process is entirely opt-in and the terms and conditions available up front. We're sorry for any disappointment you may have had from that offer though. -Steve @ProFlowers

• Lr
    l.riedinger Jun 15, 2012

I orderd a $19.99 arrangement and by the time the billing was done it came to $32.97. They came from FedEx in a box mind you. The quality was terrible. Wilted and the flowers were small and lasted all of 3 days. They told me I qualified for a shipping rebate so I checked it out and it was through another company that charges a monthly fee and when I tried to connect with them I got nowhere. Never again will I order flowers from ProFlowers. I learned my lesson real quickly. Just wish I knew before hand about the lousy service and products..

• Gi
    GinaA6 Mar 17, 2012

I am a customer of FS.com and have been for two years. It started after I placed an order with ProFlowers a few years back from my mother on Mother's Day. Although I have read about the 'scam', I love the company. I am a mother of 2 boys and do a lot of clothes shopping online with Old Navy and JC Penny. Every time I've shopped and claimed a rebate, I have gotten the rebate back... and their customer service people are always so nice! You def have to shop a lot online to benefit tho...because it does cost about $13 a month to be a member. Another great website for readers is bookofthemonth.com.

• Jc
    jcncnc Feb 18, 2012

I just signed up for freeshipping through proflowers too... through the same scam "You're Entitled to Free Shipping on this Order".

Guess what? NOWHERE in the freeshipping sign-up process was a price EVER mentioned! Not even on the page where you enter your credit card. It wasn't mentioned in the email they sent - NOWHERE!

And guess what else? Go to their terms and conditions page and search on the dollar sign ($) THE ONLY TIME A DOLLAR SIGN SHOWS UP ON THAT PAGE IS IN REFERENCE TO HOW MUCH YOU'LL SAVE. THERE IS NO PRICE ON THAT PAGE!!!

I had to come here to find out what they charge!

I just cancelled my account during the 30-day free trial.

• Mo
    motorbobb Feb 12, 2012

Ordered some flowers for a funeral. Two days after the ceremony, I found out the flowers were not delivered. I called to complain (they finally made it two days later, frozen and brown as apparently they had been misplaced and left to sit in a truck for a couple days in the Montana Winter). I understand things happen but that is not the reason I am writing this complaint. Proflowers issued a refund in the form of a "we care" coupon. I tried to used the coupon last week for a valentines gift but found out my refund had an expiration date! I appealed to them but they explained that "we care coupons" expire. I explained that this was a REFUND. They said they would take that under advice but would not be able to render a decision in time for Valentine's but that there was still plenty of time to purchase flowers. Pretty poor response from a company in the "emotions" business. They should join a bank! My recommendation - find another company to buy your flowers.

• Tu
    Tuarege Feb 12, 2012

I ordered 2 arrangements from ProFlowers.com. A $32.00 order for each- the flowers and cards- ended up costing $61.41 and $54.50. The website was confusing, and information concerning gas surcharges and shipping and handling were only covered in the "Frequently Asked Questions" sections. I did not see all the add on costs until after I placed the order. Once an arrangement was picked there was no way to delete it if you changed your mind and wanted to order something else. Attempting to start over was frustrating. The site did not accept the promotional code that was given on their ad on television. On the list of charges, there was written "click here for free shipping". However that went to a site that you had to join then put the ProFlower oder through that website. Depending how you logged on to the ProFlower site, prices for items varied. ie. on one site you could get free vases, on another log on site the vases were not free.

I understand that there are additional charges added to purchases, but for a 32 dollar purchase turning into a 61 dollar charge and another 32 dollar purchase turning into 54 dollars is a little much. Had I seen, prior to confirming the order, all the additional charges I would not have made the purchase. Their website needs to be more forth coming in all their charges, rather than hiding them where the chances of seeing them are slim. They should allow you a chance to review your order and all the charges prior to confirmation.

I wrote the company and explained my complaint. They responded quickly, but I did not feel that they addressed my concerns fully. I will no longer order from this company and will not recommend it to anyone.

• Te
    tehret Jul 29, 2011

Ordering through Proflowers is a dangerous venture. A year ago, I finally tracked down years of charges for EX Saver Rewards and similar scams, all from Proflowers oders. Fortuately, I was able to get refunds for these charges when I testified that I did not realize I was signing up for a service with a monthly fee. Just today, I discovered yet another charge, the so-called Freeshipping.com. That was one of the accounts that was supposed to be cancelled a year ago, but clearly I'm still receiving the annual charge. I went through my credit card fraud division this time around. The whole phone transaction with Freeshipping.com was recorded and monitored by the fraud division. Perhaps that's the best way to resolve a problem with this particular company.

• Kl
    klblev Jul 11, 2011

I placed an order through Pro Flowers' web site and the product stated that it is a Florist Express item available for same day delivery, and that Florist Express is a preferred partner of Pro Flowers. The order was confirmed with a next-day delivery date and I was billed for the order. The order was never delivered. The contact information provided by Pro Flowers/Florist Express to contact for assistance does not work. The phone number is out of service.

• Tr
    t_rae82 Jul 08, 2011

My mom received flowers for her birthday from relatives in England using Pro Flowers. The flowers (roses) arrived VERY droopy and never came out of it. When she complained, Pro Flowers issued her a credit. When used the credit to order different flowers (Shower of Flowers), not only did she not get what she ordered, NONE of the flowers in the bouquet were what was listed in the Shower of Flowers description. Again, they arrived very "droopy." We'll see if they come out of it. They are issuing another "store coupon" which she will use with one of the sister companies, and hopefully be satisfied with the product. We will never order flowers from there again!!!