Price Chopperharassment

N Review updated:

Normally, I would look the other way but at this time, I feel the need to inform consumers and potential employees that Price Chopper, a corporation in several states has a policy forbidding families to work in the same location or to hire within families of employees, but has broken its policy on 2 separate occasion and has shown preferential treatment to "long term employees" against company policy. Two managers exercised preferential treatment on two separate occasions.

I moved to the store area from New Jersey in 2007. I married my fiance after a year and together we've bee n through job loss and re hires since.. I was applying to many locations of st. albans and visited the Vermont Labor Department to see what jobs were listed and registered. I then took several temp positions doing sales, computer data entry. Ap/Ar and have applied at many business in VT within 40 miles. I did this and so far have not gotten any response from Price Chopper since applying in November 2007, I also applied at Hannafords and was told they were on a hiring freeze when dropping off my application and resume. Price chopper was an online application, and to which a non response was evident, I since reapplied and was told by the store manager a few months later that informed me I must reapply. which I did. I know why, the reason my application was overlooked, It was because someone else reviewing my application knows my husbands ex wife, who has worked in the store for years. she is a front end assistant/manager now, but she has a very jealous and spiteful manner. She has two daughters working there presently against company policy. I know this because Shelly Florence, an Associate Representative with there corporate office informed me this is never the case. After Telling her my observation she tried to accuse me of being dishonest, which is not the case. I told her that my original question on company policy is because I knew someone who's family member was fired because of this. She said again that I was not being upfront with her. Upfront? come on, I was asking a general question of hiring policy of family members. After me discovering this was not allowed and they had a company policy, I was also curious as to why they would hire my two step daughters and not myself. One is a New hire this month and from what I know, they weren't advertising yet. Now there are two people also that were fired because of discrimination. One was the boyfriend of my step daughter who after having a dispute with her own mother over her boyfriend, moved in with us. It very convenient for the kids to use each parent against one and other. Furthermore, I would like to point out that he was fired within weeks of this situation. I also know a woman I worked with at another temp position who informed me that her brother in law was related to the store manager Richard Ravalin, and was there working 4 yrs and was fired because he was violating corporate policy. No other reason was given so he said to this person. Second hand information? or truth? Here I witnessed the favoritism and E. O. E act being violated if they will hire a 15 yr old never having a cashier position, and not hire someone like me who has years.. of experience in data, and computer, and customer service, then I think there is some discrimination. If they now have a new manager, he is also breaking company policy. Shelly Florence, corporate representative for associates said they might make some allowances. ALLOWANCES for 3 immediate family members? who are they kidding? I must say they are setting unethical trends for our future children and making allowances means favoritism Don't you think? If you have any other knowledge please contact the Papers.. and Don't keep it to yourself. This corporate practice in american is not legal. E. O. E. means... E. O. E. "Equal Opportunity Employers". I do not see EQUALITY here at all. I see only favoritism, and discrimination.

• Updated by Io Mura · Mar 22, 2019

I have already received the feminine hygene panties and ice cream. I This is a new order. I only want grapes. I.Mura.

My order was submitted on Sunday 3/17. It was received yesterday. I do not need more feminine panties or ice cream. Please deliver the grapes as soon as possible. I. Mura

• Updated by Io Mura · Mar 22, 2019

The only item for my order was red grapes. I do not wantthe other items. They have already been purchased and delivered.

• Updated by Io Mura · Mar 22, 2019

I have arteary updated my complaint two times.

• Updated by Io Mura · Mar 22, 2019

I am submitting an order the includes one item and ONLY one tiem. The item is red grapes. Please deliver red grapes. Thank you.

• Te
    Teresa May 09, 2009

Normally, I would look the other way but at this time, I feel the need to inform consumers and potential employess that Price Chopper, a corporation in several states has a policy forbidding families to work in the same location or to hire within familkies of employees, but has broken its policy on 2 separate occasion and has shown preferential treatment to "long term employees" against company policy.Two managers exercised preferential treatment on two separate occasions.

I moved to the store area from New Jersey in 2007. I married my fiance after a year and together we've bee n through job loss and re hires since.. I was applying to many locations of st. albans and visited the Vermont Labor Department to see what jobs were listed and registered. I then took several temp positions doing sales, computer data entry. Ap/Ar and have applied at many business in VT within 40 miles. I did this and so far have not gotten any response from Price Chopper since applying in November 2007, I also applied at Hannafords and was told they were on a hiring freeze when dropping off my application and resume. Price chopper was an online application, and to which a non response was evident, I since reapplied and was told by the store manager a few months later that informed me I must reapply. which I did. I know why, the reason my application was overlooked, It was because someone else reviewing my application knows my husbands ex wife, who has worked in the store for years. she is a front end assistant/manager now, but she has a very jealous and spiteful manner.She has two daughters working there presently against company policy. I know this because Shelly Florence, an Associate Representative with there corporate office informed me this is never the case. After Telling her my observation she tried to accuse me of being dishonest, which is not the case. I told her that my original question on company policy is because I knew someone who's family member was fired because of this. She said again that I was not being upfront with her. Upfront? come on, I was asking a general question of hiring policy of family members. After me discovering this was not allowed and they had a company policy, I was also curious as to why they would hire my two step daughters and not myself. One is a New hire this month and from what I know, they weren't advertising yet. Now there are two people also that were fired because of discrimination. One was the boyfriend of my step daughter who after having a dispute with her own mother over her boyfriend, moved in with us. It very convenient for the kids to use each parent against one and other. Furthermore, I would like to point out that he was fired within weeks of this situation. I also know a woman I worked with at another temp position who informed me that her brother in law was related to the store manager Richard Ravalin, and was there working 4 yrs and was fired because he was violating corporate policy. No other reason was given so he said to this person. Second hand information? or truth? Here I witnessed the favoritism and E.O.E act being violated if they will hire a 15 yr old never having a cashier position, and not hire someone like me who has years.. of experience in data, and computer, and customer service, then I think there is some discrimination. If they now have a new manager, he is also breaking company policy. Shelly Florence, corporate representative for associates said they might make some allowances. ALLOWANCES for 3 immediate family members? who are they kidding? I must say they are setting unethical trends for our future children and making allowances means favoritism Don't you think? If you have any other knowledge please contact the Papers.. and Don't keep it to yourself. This corporate practice in american is not legal. E.O.E. means... E.O.E. "Equal Opportunity Employers" . I do not see EQUALITY here at all. I see only favoritism, and discrimination.

• Mo
    more4me Aug 04, 2010

You can add 1 more immediate family member who works with " Mommy". This is the 4th member of one family, and I would wonder who she is screwing for this to be the case? Anyone? I await.. other views but the truth is usually the first solution of any problem.

• Ny
    nysm Aug 20, 2018

I usually buy your ham salad 7oz for 2.99. Today I was told they only had 8ozfor 5.99. Are you serious?? Why $3.00 more, why.

• Se
    SekandTjk Nov 14, 2018

Ordered a Thanksgiving dinner. Went to pick it up the day before Thanksgiving, they didn't have our order. Instead they gave us a cooked turkey breast (not whole) w/gravy, potatoes, rolls, dressing, cranberry sauce & a pumpkin pie in a box for free. The dept manager never called us as promised. Very disappointed. Will not order a dinner again.

• Rc
    r. comello Nov 19, 2018

I would like to STOP the weekly ads from coming to my house. 1030 Jackson schoolhouse rd. Pascoag, R.I. ASAP. thank you.

• Io
    Io Mura Apr 02, 2019

I have alresdy received the frminr hy gene panties and the ice cream. I do not wish them to be addre to this NEW order. Please deliverONLY what I am ordering, i.e. THE GRAPES.My previus order was received on Sunday, 3/17/ 19. I do not wish to have additional feminine hygend panties nor more ice cream. I Mura

Manda lynn Feb 29, 2020

In the malone price chopper I was asking for help and an employee named angel or Angelo ingored my resquest and refused to help. I ended up leaving and going to walmart and spent the 600 there. The enployee walked behind the meat counter and was on his phone. I understand sometimes you dont know but can at least state that and not ingore customers