Complaints & Reviews

Pottery Barnonline ordering

12/16/2017 Ordered Owl Fireplace Tool Set which was Backordered but promised to be out for delivery on the 20th. Also PAID for one day shipping, so expected on 12/21/2017

12/22/2017, item still not here, called customer service, they said it'd ship out today.

12/23/2017, item still not here, Called customer service again, put me on hold, then proceeded to hang up on me.

All I wanted out of the customer service rep was an ETA on my package.
But now I just want a refund, and they're probably not gonna get back to me for a bit so im gonna dispute the charge through my bank. Thanks.

Thanks pottery barn.

online ordering

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomaterrible service!

It's a very unreliable company, I recommend you to stay away from them.
    Why? Because they never deliver on time and make you wait forever for your order to arrive, especially if you need it by a special date.
    I ordered a lunch box for my daughter, I thought it would arrive fast, but it never happened at all.
    Opened a dispute with my credit card company, because Pottery Barn refused to refund. Oh well, they can do what they want, but I won't let them think that they can scam me.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomaholmans shelf's return/credit problem, order # [protected]

Hi there, I'm Nermin, owner of company Oracle Renovations! I purchased 4 different sizes of Holmans Shelf's and prior ordering I called your customer service to make sure that my order will be deliver in time for installation. Ordered shelf 3 of for come in time but 4th is late 5 days and I failed installation for my customer that cost me money of my total project price due to your company fault. Anyway I opened two of shelf trying to convince that may look good without 4th shelf and another problem with color variation and poor finish than I have another shame of your company and myself in front of my customer eyes. I returned shelf's in local store and now I have another problem, your impolite customer representative steeled my money purposely without explanation, first credit of $119.?? I received 10 days a go then I called local store for help and they called your general customer service to figure out what is going on. I have news that they only can return $340.?? And $160.?? Is steeled by your bad customer service representative without explanation. Instead to return my credit and offer additional coupons for my problems I'm being rabid and manipulated by your company. I want you to know this is USA territory and that ordeal isn't legal in this country. I will not stop on this if my money isn't returned to my account . Will use all my power to notify rest of companies and customers about your business and I will report this to BBB and to N.C .Consumer Complaint Office. Also I will contact my bank to fight for my money because I feel that i'm victim of crime. I lost my mind by dealing with your impolite customer service representative than I want someone from your executive office management people to resolve this problem. For more information you can call at:[protected]

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomareturn

I purchased over $5500 in lighting. It took all of 2 Seconds to post to my credit card. I returned $222 of said purchase. 15 days later Noone can tell me what is going on with my credit. The store tells me to call credit card, credit card says to call pottery barn. Thats great except pottery barn has you on eternal hold.
        Over 22 minutes and no one answer..More than twice now..One can only assume they have a lot of service problems if no one can get to the phone.

Not a good way to keep a customer

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — furniture order - attempt to cancel

Order #[protected]. I placed an order online for a leather chair & ottoman. The total including shipping wa...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomakendall crib

We received a Kendall Crib as a baby shower gift from a group of coworkers. We just moved into new house and went to assemble crib and the plastic teething rails are missing. My wife has spent a very unreasonable amount of time trying to get a replacement set (even agreeing to pay for it). She asked me to call and I got absolutely nowhere. The rep demands an order number which we do not have because this was a gift. We have spent many thousands of dollars at Pottery Barn and really are disappointed by the total lack of service. Without a positive resolution we will cancel are card and continue our relationship with Restoration Hardware. Restoration Hardware has been unbelievably responsive to the few issues we have had over the years.
          Missing parts should not take this kind of unreasonable process to replace.
          Please fix this problem.
          Many Thanks-
          [name removed]
          [removed]

RESOLVED

Sent new parts.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — sectional sofa, response to prior complaint, delivery issue, and failure to deliver or refund

I am a very disappointed consumer. In February, I purchased a sectional sofa at a cost of over $5, 000. When...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomadon't know what I am to do...

Not happy with the quality. You should understand. They claim the items are made in the US, but it's not true. It's clearly written on the items that they were made in China. But that's not the main problem.
            What they really have to fix is their customer service department, that works terribly. I contacted them on Wednesday to find out what I had to do with the broken item they delivered. It's even unpacked, I saw it was broken from the very beginning. I didn't even want to refund, I needed to know how to exchange it. They said there's nothing they could do and sent me several links to read the policies which I didn't understand anyway. There's nothing written that I can't exchange or return the item.
            So what's the truth, who can tell me? I'd be glad to hear from you.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — pottery barn hudson bed

I purchased the Hudson collection in approximately 2011 order number [protected]. My bed side railing...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — beadboard bed

Placed order# [protected] last week. After I did, I found online reviews that indicated quality of this bed...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — shattered glass top dining table

Dear Sir / Madam, We wrote to your Aus customer service email and am surprised and incredibly disappointed...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomadelivery of pottery barn kids bunk bed

Order #: [protected].

I had a bunkbed (Catalina Bunk Bed, Simply White - Item #: 9309217) delivered on Friday (9/15). The installation was unsuccessful despite paying $99.00 for shipping and processing. One of the bolt sets (bolt + nut) necessary for properly installing the bed was defective and could not be installed. The shipping company informed me that they contacted Pottery Barn Customer Support and that I would receive an email about receiving a new bolt. I have not received an email and I therefore am contacting you directly. Additionally, I noticed after the movers left that there are several large dark marks on one of the headboards which was hidden near the wall while the movers were at my home.

I specifically purchased a bed with installation from Pottery Barn to insure that I had a safe bed for my children and that it would arrive with white glove service. This installation of this bed has not meet my safety expectations nor white glove expectations.

I would like a refund of the delivery shipping and processing fee ($99.00) and I would like several (3) new bolt sets (bolt + nut) delivered so that I can install the bed myself.

delivery of pottery barn kids bunk bed
              delivery of pottery barn kids bunk bed

RESOLVED

done

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomaarea rugs

I order two area rugs from a Pottery Barn store in Indianapolis Indiana at the end of 2015. I was told the rugs would be delivered in a month or six weeksbut they're turned out to be a several week delay. So, I received my rugs at the end of the first-quarter-ish of 2016. Now one of those area rugs is simply falling apart. Pieces of the weaving are coming out so that you can see the back of the rug through the top of the rug. I called the store to see if there was a warranty and was told that Pottery Barn does not guarantee their rugs for any period of time. I am hoping I can get the rug repaired, so I bought a sample of the rug in case the repair person would need it. In addition to the fact that I am upset about the rug in general, and think it should be replaced, I called customer service to talk about it and was put on hold for 12 minutes before I abandoned the call. I found out that Pottery Barn does not have an email for customer service and so I am using this service. This changes how I feel about Pottery Barn in general. I consider myself to be a great customer and even though I have purchased a lot of things that I love, The fact the Pottery Barn does not stand behind a major purchase really bothers me and will make me change my shopping habits. Please let me know if there's anything that can be done about the situation because I can't even find a place to review an item that I ordered through a store. I can find where I can review an item that I purchased online but no where can I find a Pottery Barn.complace to review a purchase made within the store. Totally unacceptable. Thank you.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomaorder number:'[protected]

I am highly disappointed at lack of response and followup at Pottery Barn. I was informed of delay in my above stated order due to the delivery issues at the vendor, even the rescheduled delivery date range will be past due in the next couple of days but I have no news on delivery.

Where is the overrated sales ops and customer service at Pottery Barn. I will have to think hard for future business.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — harper tufted tall bed

This will be long! I ordered a custom bed on April 30th. When I ordered the bed in the store in Dallas, the...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomacannot get order even delivered!!!

I ordered a mattress, foundation, bed, and nightstand from Pottery Barn Teen. The delivery did not have the foundation and had two mattresses instead. It has been SIX WEEKS since I placed the order, and I still have NOT received the foundation for my daughter's bed. This company is incompetent! I cannot believe that their customer service is this poor. I want the foundation to my bed. I've paid for it.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomagift card usage

My wife and I have been great customers for many years so I wanted to bring to your attention an issue we have not been able to solve through normal channels. We bought some outdoor furniture at our local store in the Woodlands, Texas and because of that we received a 300 dollar gift card that we could use for future purposes. The gift card had an expiration date so we decided to purchase some bedding for our son. Unfortunately he didn't care for the bedding so we returned it and the sales person at the store informed us that it would be no problem and that we would just receive a credit for the returned merchandise. Since we never saw the credit on our account we called to inquire and were told that the sales person at the store had mis informed us and that we should have been told that we could return the item for a new item of the same value. This because there was an expiration date on the original gift card. We contacted someone at pottery barn that said they could do nothing no but after talking to a manager she said she would give us a 25% off next purchase and that was the best she could do. While we appreciate the jesture we still feel unfairly treated. Had we been properly informed we would have returned the bedding and replaced it with new bedding or something else that same day. This to me seems like an easy one for a company to use some discretion and correct a situation for a good long term customer and give us a new 300 gift card with a new expiration date. I am happy to provide our account information assuming I get a response.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomacustomer service

I really don't know where to start, so I'll begin from the beginning. I have loved the couches that this company produces for several years. I always told myself I'd own one some day. Now I have made the purchase! Exciting right? I thought so too as when I went to the store at the Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC I was very impressed by the store associates. So impressed I even went back the very next day, only to the location at The Streets of Southpoint Mall in Durham, NC, the store associates here too were equally nice and extremely helpful. When I made the purchase at Crabtree mall I was told I could call the customer service line for any help including changing the delivery address as we are in the process of selling our house and didn't yet know the address of our new home. I know you're thinking well that's silly why would you make a purchase if you don't know the delivery address. Well it's pretty simple, it will take up to 8-12 weeks for delivery and by that time we'll be in the new house. I haven't crossed the bridge of trying to update my delivery address yet because of the horrible service I have received since the purchase. I called 3 days after making my purchase to see if I could change the color of the fabric for the couch, that's it. Kim was extremely rude in telling me that you are not allowed to make any changes to orders or cancel, 3 days in including a weekend and you can't make a change? Give me a break, I know the fabric wasn't cut I know the order wasn't being processed. Even when I asked where in the process of processing the order they were, no information could be given. So then I talked to a supervisor who was even more rude. At this point I asked for her supervisors name and was given a phone number and email address. Ultimately I did nothing with this information because it's just not worth the headache. I still like the couch and I still like the fabric.
                        Now fast forward to trying to pay my credit card online, I can't because the account is not available online. I call and speak with someone in their billing department, honestly can't even tell you the name because it wasn't common and I didn't write it down. I verified all of my information and was sent a link-same link I was already using (I am actually very computer savy and do it for a damn living), same thing cannot get into the account. The lady asks for my full social security number. I tell her I'd rather not give this information but will repeat information she's already requested. She very rudely says "you called me, I did not call you". WOAH! So I give her my full social, at which point she tells me I put the last digit of my SSN in incorrectly. Well thing is, the sales associate in Durham put this information in, not me, so let's stop the finger pointing at me. Long story short I was able to log in and pay the bill.
                        I'm so incredibly disappointed in this customer service and I cannot confidently say I will return as a customer. Which is such a shame because the company offers very nice things. I've never been talked to so rudely by multiple people in 1 company before. Perhaps your store associates can give a lesson on true customer service. I doubt this will go anywhere, no apologies or efforts to make this right will be made and I will have wasted yet again more time on this. Please fix your staff, treat your customers better, and take lessons from other failed company's who behaved in this manner to not become another failed/failing company.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — pottery barn turner couch defects

There is a terrible stain problem on my Turner couch. I tried to get help through your Customer Service 1 1/2...

Pottery Barn — discount scam

These guys have huge problems with their discount system. They are very unprofessional and don't really care...