Complaints & Reviews

cutting blade chip in creamy cole slaw

Last sunday i had purchase a take away set of popeyes chicken and biscuit from the new outlet at Changi International Airport Terminal 3. This includes a creamy cole slaw, which had a piece of metal chip that resemble a cutting blade. Lucky enough i bite on it before cut my mouth or swallowed it. It could has been a disaster to have swallowed it. I tried to give a feedback to the company through it website but its online feedback channel is just as bad. Hence i stumbled upon this website and hope to get a reply from the company. I still got the metal chip with me and hoping they will be interested to identify how it could have ended in the cole slaw, to avoid potential hazard to consumers.

Mary Goodner Jun 14, 2008

Friday June 13th.I purchased a 3 piece Chicken dinner with mashed potatos and tea for $7.00 at Popeyes Chicken on University Dr.in Huntsville, AL. I ask for sweet tea and spicey chicken, when i got home and ate, the Chicken was so greasy and was not spicey, my tea was unsweet, I was very disapointed with my meal, I was not able to take it back at that time.I had been to the Doctor that day,
    Mary

unknowen Jun 13, 2010

Hello I have never had any popeye's chicken we don't have any popeye's in NH so I can I try the chicken if there's nun around we have KFC no other chicken eating place's around (Boston chicken) I don't like so how are we to compare
    John

service, and prduct

On 5/30/08 I went to Popeye's to get an 8pc bucket, a shrimp basket, onion rings, two pieces of spicey chicken, and a soda. I waited 45 minutes for my meal to be prepared, after bringing my meal to the car. I had to go inside to get my soda, that they had forgotten. Once getting home, I realized that they had forgotten my two pieces of spicey chicken. I returned to Popeye's shortly after, to inform them about my chicken. At first they did not want to supply me with the chicken i had brought, so i had to pull everything out of the bag including the proof of purchase. Once pulling the items out and opening them infront of the cashier, I had realized that I had recieved two pieces of shrimp in my shrimp basket. The cashier gladly gave me my two piece, and added a few more pieces of shrimp. I finally return home, to finally enjoy my meal with my family. I picked up a piece of breast to bit into it, to find short black pieces of hair fried into the skin. Every member in my household has long hair, at this time I realized that one of the workers(female) had short black hair. At this point I said, just forget it and threw the entire thing out. This whole mess took a total of almost a hour and a half.

unknowen Jun 14, 2010

I would like to know where is there a Popeye's Chicken in NH I hear about it on TV the only thing that is in NH (KFC) (Boston market) for chicken. and I don't like (Boston Market) never have never will. so where is (KFC) competition or is it that (Popeye's to chicken) lol for the competition
    John

• Fa
    Father James Aug 13, 2013

I also had problems with Popeye's. I am a disabled, Catholic Priest. Like most priests, I am a senior citizen. I happen to be a retired naval officer and presented my military ID.
    I usually get either a military or a senior citizen discount. This time I got a rude attitude, no water, [the company says they were out of small cups], and a long wait for my four orders. I eat our a lot and will most likely avoid Popeye's in the future. I did find the place was busy, but perhaps with such rudeness, the business will not continue at the rapid clip it was today. I was a bit taken back with the service and the rudeness. I did want the cup of water to take a pain pill. I walk with a can because of a broken leg. I know what it is like to serve the community and this was not the best of service.

food

I went to Popeye's in Pearland on April 29, 2008 about 9pm to order some food for the family. Food tasted fine, but by 2am that morning, my husband and two boys were sick to there stomach and all of that next day, and my oldest one continues to be sick two days later. I went back to get a refund for that meal, with receipt, and the manager refused to give me a refund, and said in order to receive a refund, the food had to be returned. They ate it, dummy! That's why they are sick. I didn't get sick, because I didn't eat that crap...Money is not an issue, but the fact that I paid $20 dollars for a meal that made my whole family sick, makes me angry. Even more so, is the fact that they wouldn't give me my money back. I won't be going there again, and plan on passing this along to a long list of email friends. One more thing, I was disgusted when I walked in the restaurant, and the food preparation area was filthy.

cockroach in meal

Finished eating, then find cockroach in my drink! The employee’s attitude is, so? So you found one, we...

poor management, and health cond.!

I recently ordered food at this particular location, and the worker that serviced me did not have any type of...

upset stomach

My husband and I have eaten at the "new" Popeyes restaurant twice. The first time I had a terrible stomach...

scam and cheating!

I stopped to pick up a 10 piece meal advertised at $13.99. When I got it home, there was one back, one wing...

4 comments Hamilton Food

lack of commitment and greed!

Sadly, a manager at Popeye's Chicken was killed during a recent robbery in late January 2008. May God...

50 cents for water & flour

I'm appalled of the amount of gravy they put on your potatoes, and when you ask for a little more gravy...

poor food, poor service, false advertising!

In june of this year my finance and I went to popeyes chicken for the first time while visiting niagara...

bad food preparation

On 7/13/07, I purchased chicken and an order of french fries from Popeyes on Boston Road, Bronx, New York.

Upon arrival home and opening the french fries, I found 5 shrimp mixed in with the fries. This is a very serious issue for me as I have life threatening allergies to shell fish. If these foods are going to cross contaminate, then Popeyes should advise their customers of this. I had to throw away the fries. I did not see any sign in the establishment addressing this.

• 71
    717justin Dec 15, 2009

I just ate there, I had the fried chicken. It made me sick as can be. I am very allergic to shellfish and they fry the popcorn shrimp in the same oil as the chicken. Places alway disclose things about peanuts but nothing about shellfish. applebees does the same thing to. It is very dangerious

• Md
    M. Dew May 03, 2012

I live in La Plata, MD and on April 30th I purchased 3 pc chicken meal with coleslaw & biscuit from the Popeyes in that location. A few hours after eating I began to experience a burning itch and developed hives. I am highly allergic to shrimp and did not realize the chicken and shrimp were cooked in the same oil. I thought this was against policy in restaurant establishments and am disappointed that Popeyes would not take care for the safety of its customers. I guess KFC will have to be my fried chicken place of choice from now on.

nasty service at the drive-through!

My kids and I went to popeye's in memphis (Winchester road) last night to pick up dinner. We noticed a lot of cars in the drive thru and a line of customers inside at the counter also.

I really wanted to try the catfish basket, so we waited in line at the drive thru. We placed our order and I paid with my credit card. There was no mention of a delay in preparing my order until once they had my signature on the credit card slip, then things went down hill. She told me to pull up and that my order would be out in 1 minute.

Nearly 5 minutes later a worker came out but it was not to bring my order... It was to tell me to move further away from the restaurant's door because I was holding up their line! When I asked about my order, I was told that they were very busy and she didn't know how much longer it would take. Well it took over 10 minutes to get my order. By then I was totally ticked off. To add insult to injury, when I got home I noticed that they left off my biscuit and the shrimp basket, was actually a basket full of fries with a few popcorn shrimp on top. The person that took my order (And lied to me) was tenisha... Her name is on the receipt. Next time, i'll know better than to "pull up". It's either my food at the window or my money back on the spot!

• Ta
    tamekia williams Jan 14, 2009

i was very disappointed very

Unknownname May 07, 2013

I was waited on by deidrie and I she was very rude from the start. A truck in front of me just got done placing their order so I pulled up to the speaker after they were done. Someone said something over the speaker that wasn't even clear. So I thought they were talking to the person in the truck still at the window. So I waited and then they said it again but this time she yelled it at me! Ignored her rudeness and started placing my order. I pulled up to the window and she contined being rude. And slung the bag of food at me while only holding onto one strap and about poured the bag out! Left very upset I was treated that way and the whole time showed respect to her! Store number is 5478. Her name was Deidrie.

unsanitary restrooms and poor customer service!

My wife and I recently went to Alexandria, La to shop. On our way home we stopped at the Popeyes on U.S.165...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices