Plato's Closetthey only take junk!

F

WOW! Is all I can say! I went to Platos Closet with lots of brand name clothes that I bought THIS year and maybe wore once...what can I say I get bored easy!
They took several items, mostly crappy t shirts and some shoes. They gave me back tons of Bannana Republic, Arden B, and BeBe! They really not friendly girl behind the counter says "these are the items we didn't take due to showing some wear and older styles!" Really? They need to be trained to have a response that is actually accurate! I ONLY took things bought in the last year due to reading the store "How it works" policy on the web site! What was in the store was RAGGED out and mostly not name brand! So I tested my theory and went to the mall and bought a few things from the most trendy stores. I took them straight to the store and what do you know!! "These are the items we can't take due to showing wear and older styles!!" I said really I just bought them 10 minutes ago. The girl just stood with her mouth wide open.
Platos Closet is a really great concept, and I don't expect to make a fortune off of my used clothing. Actually I would be happy to exchange what I don't wear for other things I like!
If they want crappy clothes that are off brand as opposed to clean in style name brands, then that's what the store needs to advertise. What is in the store in Columbia SC is really not good and very out dated for the most part!
I actually ended up selling all of those clothes for $100 on craigslist the next day. Hmmm imagine that!
Oh and just on a side note. I took some of the same items back to the store another day that they wouldn't take the first time. A different girl went through my stuff, and guess what?? Several of the items that were "older styles and showing wear" the first go round this girl kept!!
I have told all of my friends to stay far far away! Taking our clothes to a fabulous consignment shop in town!
They may not give cash up front, however they appreciate good taste and REAL name brands (not Forever 21 Crap) and you get real money for your stuff! Not this $30 for a whole bag of very expensive beautiful clothes garbage Platos tries to pull off!!