Pioneer Credit Recoverystudent loans

I have outstanding students. My Sallie may says I own zero balance. My USA loans have a balance of $3392.66. I have received calls from Pioneer Credit # [protected]. They have threatened my income tax, and tried to get my unemployment bank card number to take auto with drawls out of my unemployment checks. With all the scams out there how am I to know who is the holder of my student loans. [protected]@gmail.com

• Ta
    taylobe Jun 30, 2013

Here is a list of their actual credit collection agency addresses. Perhaps if you take your complaints up with them directly you will be able to find help or a solution. Hope this helps.

Arcade Office

197 SW Waterford Court, Suite 101
    Lake City, FL 32025

• Ta
    taylobe Jun 30, 2013

You could always complain directly to their actual credit collection/recovery offices. Sometimes the direct approach is better at getting a solution to the problem. I hope this helps you.

Arcade Office

197 SW Waterford Court, Suite 101
    Lake City, FL 32025

• Ke
    KedaLee Dec 18, 2012

I have receives so many calls on my phone from them asking me to call them and when you try your best to call them on your off day or any day that you can get through to them they get mad because you have not return any of there phone calls back and want to know why you have not. They will not let you try to explain yourself. People have a life and family to take care of because if my children or parents are sick they will come first and I know they will do the same because that what a parent do. Everything do not have to be about them. They take there job to there head and think they can talk to you any can of a way and think that it is okay to tell you if you don't do something buy the time they tell you they will have to do there job I don't know what ever that might be because it not trying to help the people who can't pay them or trying there best to do what they can to pay them off. I just want to say I do not care if they say they have you on recorder saying that we will do something the next day meaning that we would because you never know what might go on or happen between that time you talk to them and the next day. People get sick, in car wreck, get put in the hospital for any kind of reason, loss there jobs, or death. I am just saying so stop calling like you will loss your job or getting upset when we don't answer the phone. We have a lift to live and it's not going to be always about Pioneer Credit Recovery Inc.

• De
    Deanna928 Nov 20, 2012

I've read so many times people implying that people are going to college and not "wanting" to pay their loans. Not the case with some. My school closed for imbezzling. I heard of rumors months before they actually closed and withdrew 6 mos prior and started attending another school closer to home. None of the credits transferred and I started all over. Those loans I incurred at the first college could have been forgiven had I stayed until 3 mos prior. I borrowed $24K, now they're up to $122K. I've been fighting them for years. Had wages garnished and taxes taken. Now Pioneer Credit Recovery has them and they were so kind to tack on another $24k right from the start before making a phone call to me.

• Lo
    Loan Headache Aug 07, 2012

Do not acknowledge the debt, insist you receive a signed promissory note before you will even discuss repayment options they cannot garnish wages until you acknowledge the loan is yours. So Do Not Fill out any paperwork with income information thinking they will take your bills and your net income in consideration this is for them to get a judge to sign the wage withholding and they will screw you, not caring how much that 15% will take away from your children and your household needs, please protect yourself against them call your county and try to get some free legal advice before you fill out any requested paperwork from them. They are ruthless and yes very harassing I wish now I never allowed City College to apply for loans on my behalf I honestly don't know how much or how many I have. I have been approved for forbearance on my Sallie Mae loan this one is with Key Bank and somehow did not fall into the forbearance.

• Bi
    Big Boy Pants Apr 23, 2012

Look the fact is that you do owe debts, i dont get why it is that everyone seems to think they should be allowed to receive a free education and not pay it back. I understand that people run into hard times but thats why you have certain options like deferments and etc when you are not in default. Then when you are in default and they are doing their jobs by calling you so that they can pay their bills you all get sue happy. imagine if you loaned a friend only 1000 dollars and he promised to pay it back in a month and you did not see or hear from him. You know full well you would call him and probably do even worse then what these people are doing. So grow up put your big boy pants on and take care of your obligations. All i hear is the economy and blah blah blah. you borrowed the money now pay the monet

• Mi
    mikehext Mar 29, 2012

These ### garnished me for almost 2 years and refused to be civil. They harassed me and harassed me. When I tried to negociate they ignored it. They went right to garnishment. They learn your employers name and garnish without any real paperwork or proof of where the money is going. My original lender (I think) was sallie mae or at least handled by Sallie Mae, their owners. Well I was told by a source that worked for a parent company of the school I went ("AI") how to move my loans from Sallie Mae to Income Based. When i did that Pioneer Credit still didn't want to let the loans go even though they were being transfered (essentially credited 100%). These guys are ###. I was bounced supervisor to supervisor once. When I finally got to someone I thought was important I told her the deal and she was rude. I told her it was people like her and her company that make others suicidal. And I hope she remembers that when she hugs her kids at night.

If you are having issues with these ### and your FEDERAL loans are still owned by Sallie Mae, you need to get into IBR. If you need help, I was told to talk to Stephanie Cooper at the Department of Education's Ombudsman's office. She helped me finally fight with them and get the loans OUT of their hands.

My loans are now in forbearance, they're getting bigger but at least now they're not garnishing me and I can live. I plan to dispute these loans as long as I can because the schools are fighting the government due to the fact they were NOT certified to recieve them (the schools lied about placement and other credentials)

Here is how to reach Stephanie Cooper's office at the US Department of Education Ombudsman Office: [protected]

You aren't alone.

• Mi
    midnight0922 Mar 09, 2012

I am struggling with PCR as I type my complaint. First of all this is a 20 yr old debt. The first loan was for 2, 300 for the first semester of my college year in 1991. I went to school part time at night while I continued to work full time. My total loans added up to around $9, 000 for a total of four years [protected]). I never finished schooling because the program folded and I could not afford to quit my job and enroll full time at a different University. I was a single parent who needed to keep her job. I made payments to the Dept of Education for quite a while and then I just could not afford to pay any more out of my paycheck at that time. My loan was turned over to PCR and they contacted me and said I owed over $30, 000 on a $9, 000 loan. How much interest is that and at what percentage rate? They threatened garnishments and did, withholding my Tax returns and did. I began making payments to them and I was told after nine months I would be set up on a new program and my credit status would come out of default and my tax returns would not be intercepted. I have yet to see any paperwork or get a phone call from these people. I know they are scamming people and I have paid back way more than $9, 000 and they still want more. I thought education loans were to be forgiven after 20 years. I have paid my share of this loan back. PCR is not a reputable company. they are very dishonest.

• Le
    leahmarie519 Apr 08, 2011

I had my student loans go to PCR and called them to set up pymnts. I was told that I could take part in a recovery program, it sounded great and I was thrilled, I was going to be able to get future student loans and it would be taken off my credit report. I knew my tax refund was going to go onto the acct and they said to wait until it did and then set up the payment program. So yesterday it was credited on the acct and I called to set up my program. I was then told in an incredibly rude manner that now because my balance is 750.00 it is too low to take part in the program and I am S.O.L. I am completely FLOORED...let me get this straight...I have paid too much money towards my debt to get an incentive...does NOT make a bit of sense. They treated me horribly...I cant believe it!!! It is so stupid...I was specifically told I could do it, and when I gave the name of the woman I talked to before I was told "oh she is no longer with this department." I hate PCR and I hope something horrible happens to those people. It wasnt like I just quit paying my loan...I got cancer my last quarter of school and managed to graduate even through chemo and then I suffered a great deal of side effects from surgery, chemo, and radiation so I couldnt work for a longtime. I was able to do the hardship deferments...but then they ran out. I should NOT be punished for paying too much money!!! PCR should also have kept to the word of the employee I spoke to previously.

• Bl
    blessed63 Apr 01, 2011

They are harrassing me, requested to get my checking account number and band routing number to set up payments. I told them no, they also topld me that the small amount I have sent in thus far is NOT good enough. They are threatening me with wages beingn garnished. I told them I have had some hard times, I am going to a financial class to help me work out a payment plan, they REFUSED to listen. I know I owe them. I have already paid off over $160, 000.00 in debt, and my last two bills are sallie mae and a credit card. I am followuing Dave Ramsey course and advise. But these idiots refuse to listen.

• Ak
    AK-27 Feb 04, 2011

I also had an outstanding bill with Sallie Mae and it was then sent over to Pioneer Credit Recovery, this was in no way anyone's fault but my own. I had been laid off and was unable to make payments, but IF I had just filled out the proper paperwork, my loans would have never been defaulted. Sallie Mae also tried contacting me several times in order to rectify this situation, but I continued to put it off until my loans went into default status. I didn't think that it would affect anything until I resumed my education and was unable to receive the financial aide that I was awarded because of the outstanding student loans I had defaulted in. I am now making monthly payments to Pioneer and everything is good so far, so in reality, it isn't anyone's fault but yours. You should be responsible for your own finances and they try to work with you, they tried working with me and I kept putting it off. Pioneer is just a third party company having to clean up after your financial instability... I'm taking responsibility for my future and so should you.

• Ka
    kathyrantsalot Dec 21, 2010

First they called me at my job and insisted that this matter be taken care of right away. The first woman I talked to was very nice and then she let me have a supervisor who was very rude. She demanded that I borrow the money from my boyfriend to pay my debt. She then said she would contact the Dept of Education and tell them that I refused to pay my debt. She said that she would let them know right away that I refused to take care of this debt. When I told her that it was Christmas time she said she did not care that I needed to send 196.00 today or she would have my wages garnished. I told her that I was going to report her to my legislators and she said they would do nothing for me. I told her I would contact the Dept of Education and she said they would refer me back to her. I told her to have a lousy Christmas and to never call my job again. I had to hang up as she was yelling at me to borrow the money from my boyfriend.

• Bt
    bt-ezra Nov 17, 2010

I actually am going through a school loan recovery program w/ Pioneer and it's been rather smooth sailing since I started...now, granted I do wince when I see they are calling me to remind me of my payment date, I am always at work when they call and they don't leave vmails...but other than that it's been an o.k. experience w/ them, nothing bad to report. YES, I dodged paying my loan, YES, I have dodged creditors for far too long about my student loans and I have paid the price for my lack of responsibility. BUT, I finally answered one of their calls one day, swallowed my pride and accepted what the reality was, I owed $ and I must find a way to pay it back. It wasn't easy to do but I must admit after doing it I feel better about myself and realize I am doing the right thing. Here's my take on the matter, yes, you are upset you are getting calls all the time but if you owe on your student loans you have no right to whine about it, or about those folks who own your debt and are calling you to find you and tell you to owe up to your responsibility.

I have not been treated unkindly or unfairly to date, I make my payments on time (early actually) and the folks I have spoken to at Pioneer have treated me well on the phone to date. Now, with that being said I canot predict the future but if my experience goes south I will report it, if it doesn't I will keep on reporting it as such.

• Lo
    Lovels90 Sep 26, 2010

pcr didnt take yor taxes the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DID THAT! God freaking rtards on this place don some damn research before you decide to open your mouth and spew this [censor].

• Do
    Donald Evans Jul 28, 2010

Pioneer Recovery had my wifes' Dept. of Ed. auto withdrawal for sixteen ($16.00) each month.
    Pioneer transferred her account to ACS who, in turn, sent her a letter to that effect with payment due on Aug. 1, 2010.
    Unfortunately, Pioneer did NOT withdraw their auto withdrawal when transferred. Due to this fact, Pioneer withdrew said amount from our checking creating a domino effect of overdrafts.
    We run a very tight budget and said withdrawal was not anticipated. Their withdrawal was just enough to cause our next to payments to be NSF creating sixty six ($66.00) dollars in overdraft fees.
    We have conversed via the telephone with Pioneer who stated originally that they would refund forty nine ($49.00) dollars, the original sixteen dollars plus overdraft fee of thirty three dollars.
    We have done everything asked of us to rectify this situation, however; they [Pioneer Recovery] keep coming up with excuse after excuse.
    We are not going to deal with Pioneer Recovery anymore. Going to notify the Ohio State Attorney General.

• Gr
    grace131 Jun 16, 2010

well ur sallie mae is prolly at 0 because when the debt collector company tood ur debt it went 0 to salie mae and evertything to Pioneer...

• De
    debtknowledge42 Apr 09, 2010

The federal government is the entity that's holding your tax returns, and the offset from your social security. Not Pioneer Credit. You need to address those issues with the US Dept of Education. When you signed your student loan paperwork, that allowed the Dept of Education to do those things. Call them. Pioneer Credit, or any other collection agency, has no say in tax offsets, or social security offsets.

• Pe
    Peuser Apr 08, 2010

I recently completed a nine month rehab program with them on my student loans. I was told that I successfully completed the program and received my paperwork from Direct loans congratulating me on the completion of the program..that I would have my income tax ungarnished, could go back to school and the amount was lifted from my credit. Stephanie, an employee at PCR, told me not to file my taxes until March 15th of 2010 and I would get them back...now I received a letter from IRS saying that my taxes have been garnished again, even after successfully completing my rehab. No one at PCR, after talkiing to four individuals, one supposedly a supervisor, could explain why I was told I was fine to file when now they tell me my loans are still pending. My question is..if my loan is still pending, why is my first payment with Direct Loans due the 14th of this month..why did Dept of Ed send me a Congratulations letter plus two more forms that say my garnishments were lifted on 3/14/2010? I will not lay down for this misrepresentation, I did my part, now you will do yours..or I will take PCR to court and Dept of Ed will not see one more penny from me for the next 29 months due to the garnishment of my taxes...Misrepresentation to the consumer...bad business...and I won't stand for it!

• Please let me know if you receive any response on how to dispute all these garnishment from Pioneer Recovery.
    They are not satisfied with the $70 they take out from my Social Security Disability income, they had to offset my whole income tax refund as well. They are rude and claims not to have the money, but the U.S. Department of Education do. The Illinois Student Commission were the ones who told me Pioneer is the one garnishing my income and offset my income tax. I am so stressed out, I don't know what to do.

I am disabled and is receiving very low monthly socical security disability with 3 kids I am raising on my own. Plus the Medicare cost, I cannot afford to lose my income tax refund. Pioneer Recovery is already taking out $70 a month from my less than $820 SSD income. I think this is just wrong for them to do. I would like to get some advise on how I can file a dispute about the income tax refund they intercepted. Please someone give me some advise. Thank you.

[email protected]