Pier 1 Imports — store staff
I have been shopping at Pier 1 for over 15 years, and I can't believe how much it has changed... and not for the better! It used to be staffed by professional looking and acting salespeople, but it has really gone down hill the past year, year and a half.
The staff used to be very professional looking, neat, and friendly. Now, they look like any other staff at a casual store: visible tattoos, leggings (!!), head scarfs, open backed shoes. My niece used to work there, and they used to have a strict, professional dress code. I guess Pier 1 is gearing its staff more toward the younger crowd, and not to us long time customers.
I also guess there is new management, which may be the reason for this new "look". I used to see a lot of the management staff on the sales floor regularly, but not anymore. I'm lucky to see one salesperson. If they need a manager, they always have to call for one. I miss the "regulars" who used to be in management. The gals were always so friendly, and knew their stuff!
I've also had problems with the new online ordering, which is really being pushed at the store. My last order came in broken, but it was exchanged with no problem. The guy who helped me said this is a common problem, which makes me hesitant to order online again. At least I didn't have to pay for shipping.
More Pier 1 Imports Complaints & Reviews
- Pier 1 Imports - credit card
- Pier 1 Imports - where the hell is so called survey
- Pier 1 Imports - terrible experience
- Pier 1 Imports - fraudulent business practices
- Pier 1 Imports, Inc. - scam alert
- Pier 1 Imports - lack of staff
- Pier 1 Imports - purchased the avanti coffee table
- pier1imports - stay away
- Pier 1 Imports - credit payment
- Pier 1 Imports - both the customer service rep & the supervisor refused to refund my interest