Menu
Glade
reviews & complaints

Glade
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

86 complaints
4 resolved 82 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Glade. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
N
6:07 am EDT

Glade - Glade Air Freshener Machine

I am writing to complain about the Glade Air Freshener units I have purchased for my home, they work only few about a month then when I add a refill spray into the unit it works for a while then stops spraying. When I open the unit and check the refill there is always at least half a can still left! This is really inconvenient and I have had to buy several units over the course of months as I really love the product and the smells of the air fresheners I would like you to look into this because I believe that I am not the only person affected by this.

Desired outcome: It would be good to get a couple of replacement units but my fear is that the same thing will happen again in a few weeks

T
12:22 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased The five pack of glade plug-in cashmere woods that last of the 250 days which is not true atlas maybe 10 days at the most that’s on low and these glade plug-in is like 12 $13 that’s a lot of money to not last as long as you guys promise

1:04 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last night I was sitting in my room and all of a sudden I heard some loud noise and I look over and on my dresser my candle had exploded and there were flames I had to blow it out and yeah the There would have been a fire for sure like a huge fire if I wouldn't have been right there when it happened 6/6/22

7:17 pm EDT

Glade - Refills cans no longer fit

The new Glade refills cans for the Automatic Dispensers are slightly taller even though the ounces are the same so now they no longer work with the 5 Automatic Dispensers I own. I thought it was just one particular scent but I have different scents and all no longer work with the Automatic Dispensers. I check the reviews on Amazon where I purchased them and just noticed other people are complaining about the same thing. We all spent money on buying multiple dispensers all for nothing since the company decided to change the size of the cans. I would like to be refunded for the multiple dispensers I bought or I would like the company to send me new dispensers that work with the new cans.

Desired outcome: Refunds for the Automatic Dispensers I purchased that are no longer compatible with the new can sizes are better yet send me new Automatic Dispensers that are compatible with the size of the refill cans.

A
12:54 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an non used Glade plug in upright on my kitchen countertop and somehow it leaked and ruined my countertop. It is melted and peeling away. This plug in was not warm or plugged prior. This took place on Saturday 5/28/2022

P
8:47 pm EDT

Glade - Automatic Sprayers

I have bought several of the automatic sprayers and many refills. I currently have 6 of the ones in the photo and NONE of them work! After your initial can is empty, you can never replace it and the sprayer work again! Horrible product and its sad to because it's a great idea in theory, Glade just can't seem to make it work (and apparently, I am not the only former customer complaining) Hundreds of dollars wasted!

Desired outcome: REPLACEMENTS, MONETARY REFUND... SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING

T
11:48 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Just replaced all the canisters in three units and while the unit is working, it is not pressing hard enough to spray. Teresa dimisa [protected]@yahoo.com

Glade - Fragranced bathroom gel, sensual sandalwood & jasmine

I have bought glade products, Johnson products for approximately 40 years and have never had cause to complain in all that time. This product I bought several of them and what a disappointment. I have even resorted to placing them on a radiator to see if the warmth would generate some fragrance and no nothing really. The design in the shape is appealing, however there is no intensity to a fragrance.

I will still continue to purchase glade/Johnson products but the previous ones that are fragrant. This particular product needs a recall and testing.

Desired outcome: I would love to be considered as a tester for your new products. I have been a consumer for 40 years. I think this particular product is poor quality and certainly doesn't meet yout usual high standards.

C
8:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today I was using a Glade plug in and ur leaked and ruined the varnish on my very nice and expensive buffet table! I am absolutely DEVASTATED! Disgusted that a product could do that and by the looks of it I am not the only person that this has happened too! I wish I had known prior to it ruining my furniture that this was even a possibility !

D
9:51 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Look what your candle has done to my unit...I want compensation

View 0 more photos
L
5:21 pm EDT

Glade - Glade Automatic Air Freshener Spray

I write with regards my disappointment towards the above listed product. I own 6 of these spray machines and adore them but decided a few weeks ago to replace the brown/beige ones in my sitting room for white machines to blend in with my decor. One of the two that I purchased is fantastic, as all my other ones are (some I’ve owned for over 6 years without issue) but one of the machines has been a complete waste of money! It sprays a few times when new batteries are inserted then stops until you replace the batteries for new ones, then a few sprays and once again new batteries are required - WHY? No other Glade air machine does this - just this one! Code U20611 - please help!

Desired outcome: Either an explanation how to solve the issue or a replacement machine

12:18 am EST

Glade - Glade automatic spray

As I have a dog in the house I am very aware of doggy smells and this is why I purchase the automatic refills.

However, I have noticed of recent that this product is not living up to its name!

So many times I have noticed that the can Is still half way full but will not spray anymore.

These products are too expensive to just throw away!

I trusted the Johnson’s glade name but I feel that airwick are superior now and the spray cans end when they are indeed empty.

Please do something about your product before everyone loses heart and go to airwick instead!

Very disappointed customer !

Desired outcome: Better products

H
12:38 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First of all...How do I get this open? I am truly upset that I cannot open this to put the canister in it. There are no instructions!

K
11:16 am EST

Glade - Glade Aromatherapy calm mind bergamot & Lemongrass

I am a massive candle lover and was really excited to buy the aromatherapy candles.

However having purchased 4 the same thing happens and at £9 a candle this is less than I expected.

The candle burns as it should but there is a lot of waste as the wick burns out too quick and there is a lot of waste.

1/4 of the candle in fact.

I purchased these candles from Tesco in Bordon.

Desired outcome: Vouchers to purchase what has wasted would be nice as I do y feel as though I’ve had my monies worth at all. 🥲

B
10:20 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have bought a quite a few refills over the past year, but I find that 3 or 4 do not work when put in the unit. The unit is working but the the plastic at the top of the spray cans does not compress when the unit presses down on the top of the refill

R
1:40 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

for month's now every time I put a new bag in it tears every time at the seams I thought at first it was just a bad batch. But to this day me and my family struggles and as of tomorrow will switch to another brand. I know you try to cut corner's as tight as you can but you went to far. Roger [protected]@gmail.com

C
9:39 pm EST

Glade - Glade Plug ins

I purchase my groceries online through Walmart and pick them up weekly. Walmart accidentally gave me glade plug in refills instead of Air Wick the brand I use. Instead of returning them, I purchased a warmer and tried them. I have to say, they did not have any scent at all unless I put my nose up to the warmer and the warmer was warm. The refill is empty now and instead of using the other one I went back to Air Wick which throughs of a nice scent in my living room. I'm very disappointed in your product.
The scents of both products were the same, Lavender.

Desired outcome: refund or a scent the you can smell

R
11:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Packaging material of glade air freshner is very poor quality. It break immediately after two days usage. This happened second time with us. Also wall fixing machanism is also not good.

View 0 more photos
Z
3:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi I have bought 3 of the glade touch and fresh units with the refill now for bathroom and toilets and none of them seem to work properly... They are very flimsy for the money and just do not appeal to me to ever buy again

A
6:29 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear sir/ madam, I am contacting you to complain in regards to one of your products namely a ventis car fresher which I purchased on Tue from my local supermarket. On getting home I put the air freshner in the car and this morning when I have gone to use my car for the first time since then the air freshner has leaked and dripped its contents all over the...

Glade contacts