Philippine Long Distance Telephone [PLDT]request for repair not being addressed but being asked for payment

E Jan 09, 2019

On august 15, I asked my friend to report our pldt line because there was no dial tone, no wifi, no internet connection. She was given a ticket number: [protected]. Apparently, a day before that, linemen repaired a line near our house. After some time our phone rang, my sister received the call and heard a man uttering "testing" which she assumed came from the linemen. When he called the attention of the linemen, they said they were making some adjustments. My sister went back to the house and when she got back to check, the linemen were gone. Our phone since that day got wrong calls from everywhere. Meaning, their calls end up on our phone. Then the next day, there was no more dial tone.
My sister also visited the pldt office in the nearest branch to do some follow-ups but we always receive the response that "repair is on the way". Following up using 171 is also disappointing, I only receive computer-generated responses saying that our phone has a pending request for repair and that repair is on the way. I made several follow-ups through the messenger which pldt responded to. However, until december no repair has been done. Kindly refer to the attached screenshots of our conversation with pldt representative during my follow-ups.
Last monday, january 7, 2019. I received a disconnection notice because of my 5-month unpaid bills which started accumulating since the phone line and internet services were found unavailable. I find it unfair to be demanded payments of services unreceived from august 2018 up to present.
What I would like is for pldt perform the much-needed repair or if irreparable, offer a better deal which I and my family could enjoy without demanding me to pay for those periods wherein I was not able to enjoy their services. Before the line broke, I was a good payer, always making it a point to pay on time except when bills arrive later than the due date. So, I believe I have the right for fair treatment when it comes to receiving services.
I hope this to be resolved soon and that I hear from them soon. Thanks.