PHH Mortgagemortgage scam

J

I applied for a mixed use refinance through PHH mortgage. They approved me and set closing date. However, they later informed me company representative made a mistake and they don't even offer mixed use mortgages. They charged my credit card 500 and refuse to return the money to me. Clearly, a bait and switch scam that they have perfected because once you call them and try to resolve matter they get really cocky and belligerent and basically tell you there's nothing you can do about it.

Chris Shumaker Oct 07, 2010

I am having some of the same issues... I have completed loan modification documents from PHH Mortgage three different times in the past year. During this time I have been receiving foreclosure notices even when I am doing everything that PHH instructs me to do. Each time I have been told that I am "APPROVED" for the modification, and I begin to make my payments. Within three months I always get a letter telling me that I have been denied for the modification. I just completed another modification on August 1st 2010, and have just began to make my payments as scheduled on September 1st, 2010. I was in disbelief when I received a letter from the courts telling me that my home was being sold due to foreclosure on October 12th, 2010 to the highest cash bidder. I have been on the phone with PHH each month regarding these letters, and they keep reassuring me that it is a mistake, and it will be taken care of. Needless to say... I have hired an attorney, and have EVERY document that they have sent me that proves that I have been approved for their modifications. My attorney says that I have a very strong case against them, but unfortunately I will have to allow the home to foreclose before I can do anything about it!! PHH IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN! Has anyone else noticed that they give you a bogus extention number to return calls to the same person?? I have never spoke to the same person on the phone, and my phone bill shows over 32 hours that I have logged trying to speak to them about this situation.

-- Chris Shumaker - Riverview, Florida

• Jd
    jdd1983 Oct 23, 2010

This letter is in concerns to PHH mortgage (AKA: Century 21 mortgage, mortgage service center)

Company information:
    PHH Mortgage
    1 Mortgage Way
    New Jersey
    Phone: [protected]-6914
    phhmortgagesolutions.com, mortgagequestions.com

I have had our mortgage since 2007. I worked at Century 21 as was told to go through this company that they were best to deal with. I was given wrong information

This whole ordeal started when I made 2 mortgage payments to them, and they applied to the END of the loan instead of to the next 2 due payments. We then find out (only by looking at my credit) that it was showing us being in past due status? I called the company and they never could tell me why or explain this to me. All that they could tell us is that this could not be reversed and we would be behind.

Finally after talking to many employees, I am told they applied to the end of the loan and that it couldn't be reversed and until we could make the extra payment we would be behind or our mortgage! They tell me they are also charging me a $10.00 per day for a late fee. They say there's nothing we can do about this but to pay it.

Our daughter was special needs and required 24 hour a day care so we had an income reduction. I call the mortgage company about the so called “late payments”, who says we can get the "home saver advance "to catch up all late fees/missed pmts. All of our income and debt information was taken over the phone and we were told that we were approved and that we would get the paper work soon.

Once we received this paperwork, We got all of the paper work saying we were approved & this was signed and then sent back to them. We were told to keep mailing our pmts as normal. We did this and they kept “holding payments”. Once we contacted them we were told that they didn't get the payment", "oh we haven't got it" even though it was mailed 3 weeks before.

We then find out per loss and litigation (per Linda) that the checks were there and just hadn't been applied? She said they were there in "loss and litigation" She said she did this for us and the home saver should kick in soon and we will show current and this would be deleted off my credit. I notice in October its still showing late on my credit report? Every check that I mailed them, they would wait three weeks or more to apply to my account or would say they couldn’t accept from me.

After many calls trying to find out where the checks that we were mailing them has went to, then they are saying we were now" having the home saver advance pulled” that the program” was retired. I do not understand how they can deny you for a program that you have already been told you were approved for and have all of the paperwork for.

So now we have to” catch up" on 4 pmts (which is what was supposed to be rolled into the home save advance) PLUS late fees for 4 months that we were charged!?!? AT no fault of our own. So now, because of PHH my credit took 4 hits showing late, plus we have 4 pmts to make, as well as late fees for 4 months time! We have spoke with people named Linda and Alex in loss and litigation who said we were "fine". All that I want is I want this off my credit as this isn’t OUR FAULT we got APPROVED PAPERWORK, then was told "oh it was retired”, so we pulled it from your acct? How can we get approved in July, but then pulled in October?

After many calls, we were them told per Joan that we apparently were "sent the wrong paper work by THEM and this is why it got kicked out of the system”? WE were NEVER notified of this! In calling for months, no one ever mentioned this. Joan said a Mr. Joe Hill got our paperwork by mistake and we got his? Which is not our fault? It had MY NAME on the paperwork that I signed and returned. Not a Mr. Joe Hill.

My husband is military and has been for 10 years now. We will be moving soon and thanks to PHH it now looks like we were about to "lose' our home, which isn't true! NOW, we are messed on getting a new home with my name on it as well as any other loans! This is showing on my credit as late! No one will let us redo our mortgage since the loan was in my maiden name my name MUST be on the new loan per mortgage loan rules. But, because of PHH mortgage, no one can approve me since I am, “past due on a current mortgage”.

We spoke with several people, one names Linda in loss and litigation, one names Alex, one name Porche Stevens, one names Desiree, one named Tanarra and the last one was named Joan.

I requested a payoff statement from PHH and they said they can not give that information over they phone, only per mail. I get this and the statement says that we owe more now in 2010, then we even financed in 2007. After paying at least $27, 000 to our home over the past few years.

We have contacted the BBB, as well as the FTC. I also have done hours of research on PHH mortgage scams and just learned they are doing the exact same thing to me, as they are to thousands of other people. This is something that you should be aware of. Hardworking people such as me and my husband, who is serving our country, are getting ripped off by PHH mortgage. It is not fair and I do plan on going as high as I possibly can with this so other innocent people such as us will not be ripped off in this major mortgage scam that PHH is trying to pull.

Here are a few of the thousands of resources on this exact same company that I have found.

Resources:
    PHH Mortgage — fraudulent company

This is an issue that I feel needs to be resolved by the responsible parties, and that is PHH mortgage and the fraudulent people in the company.
    feel free to contact me ont his issue, I think we have something here...

[email protected]