PHH Mortgagefraudulent company

S Review updated:

For everyone looking to refinance their home, don't use phh mortgage services. this company, who was originally affiliated with usaa federal services bank, 'use' to be a great customer-oriented company, first class, who we have had four previous home loans through. the last couple of years they have gotten into the business of 'servicing' a lot of these small pop-up banks and loan companies, including some that have awful reputations and many that are responsible for our current home loan crisis, and now have become awful just like them. I guess that is because they are them now.

This is our situation. we currently have our home financed through them and are looking to refinance. we have an excellent credit rating and payment history - never a problem - so should be easy and straight forward to refinance. they always say go to your home mortgage company first because the process should be streamlined, easy, and cheaper.

Called them up and got an ok rate, competitive, but nothing better. when the paperwork arrived, it looked like a school kid had spent the time to complete it. errors everywhere and had a 1% discount fee/points in there. this should have been a loan origination fee. was told all this would be corrected when the final paperwork came.

The main problem other than this incompetency with the paperwork is they ordered one of those drive-by internet appraisals of the home, which came in at the same price that we paid for the home 2.5 years ago. if it had been done correctly that would be one thing, but again it was riddled with numerous errors. the appraiser had no clue what she was doing and had maps wrong, comparing our homes to others far distances away and that were 25 years older, things like that. when we approached phh with all these errors and giving them ample evidence and data to show that corrections needed to be made, they pretty much refused to do anything. just gave us the option that we could pay for a full appraisal if we wanted to. why would we do this for someone who clearly has no clue what they are doing? we inadvertently received e-mail between phh and the appraiser that showed they do not have an impartial relationship, so valuing homes lower than the 80/20 home to loan value ratio is their way to get a nice kick-back in pmi insurance money. when searching on phh, I found other complaints on this and charging the clients flood insurance when they don't need it.

Needless, to say, we said no thank you to doing business with a rude and shady company such as this. we forwarded all this information to the attorney general in our state for review and follow-up as they intend to charge us $500 for a processing fee for a loan. pay a processing fee for a loan riddled with errors? charge us for an appraisal riddled with errors?

Bottom line - don't waste your time or money with this company.

• Di
    diaphanouslady Aug 27, 2009

Amen to the comments above. I used PHH as they came along with the Cartus/Coldwell Banker package with my government move to DC. Three years ago they convinced me to use a 5 year ARM as my plan was to sell in 4-5 years, retire and move back to the mid-west. I put a large chunk of money down on my townhouse (close to 200K). Since I am leery of where the interest rates are going to be in two years (possible double digit inflation???) I decided to play it safe and go from my ARM to a fixed rate loan. I have excellent credit (780+), have never missed - nor been late on a payment, and in fact have paid extra on the loan. I just looked at my 2008 tax statement and paid over $30, 000 interest to PHH last year alone.

Called them earlier this spring to see if I could convert my ARM, currently at 5.65% to a fixed rate (only going down to 5.4%) and was told, "no", I would have to reapply for a new loan. OK, my arm is currently fixed for another two years, but goes to a float for 5 years and then in the 10th year I can convert to a fixed rate. So why not be able to convert now and avoid a potential disaster...NO - you have to apply for a new loan. OK, I agreed.

They sent over an appraiser who walked in to my house for about 5 minutes and flatly stated that she has been reducing an automatic 25% because of all the foreclosures - I knew I was in trouble at the git-go. I had asked to select an appraiser and PHH said that I would have to use the one they selected. About a week before I was to close, they sent me notice that I would have to come up with an additional $50, 000 to make up the difference of the appraiser's value and what I wanted for the loan. Remember - I had already put in more than 20% at the onset of purchase. I called them back and said that I did not have an extra $50, 000 laying around to put down and furthermore, the appraiser had used a short-sale, and comps that were not even comparable in size, type of structure or quality. Basically, she was just too lazy to dig deep - said nothing had sold in my neighborhood so had to use what she could find. I asked PHH what my options were and they said I should come up with comps and send to them. I said I wanted the appraisal reviewed and they refused. I asked what other alternatives they had - and they said none. So, with no time left to figure out an option, I decided there was no alternative. I am not top-heavy and still owe a lot less than the loan - I am just trying to be proactive and not let my home go into foreclosure because of a rise in interest rates that would result in the inability to pay my mortgage----I know - that is too responsible, right???

In the meantime I did some scouting around locally and found a lender, who ordered an appraisal and guess what, it came back 50K higher than then one from the PHH appraiser...(about two weeks difference between the two appraisals) - and guess what, my neighbor's townhome - same floor plan and amenities as mine, was put on the market and SOLD in four days for 80K more than the PHH appraiser's value - Their sale price is exactly what the City of Alexandria has listed for my value for tax purposes (recent). The bottom line is I know that they wanted to capture the PMI and they gave me no alternative. I will be closing on the new loan later this week - fixed rate - and with out PMI. I vow never to give PHH another cent...and I am going to file a complaint on the $500 charge, because I did not close on the loan - their disclaimer is "for ANY reason" this charge will be assessed.

Oh - did mention that when I first took out the loan three years ago they failed to pay my homeowner's insurance and taxes taken out at closing - but, that is a whole 'nother story...

PHH - good by and good riddance to a den of thieves!

• Bl
    blueskyjunction Nov 30, 2009

Who did you end up using instead of PHH?

• Ms
    Ms. Upset1 Jan 14, 2010

I use PHH and they have jacked my payments up when my property taxes have gone down and they say my escrow is short. How can my escrow be short if they are taking out what they need to montly for escrow, PLUS my property taxes went down almost $200? They can't answer my questions and everytime they say they are connecting me to the taxes center of their company I ALWAYS get disconnected, every single time. They are shady and something need to be done and I refuse to pay any more mortgage when I know it's not right.

• Sg
    SGD Sep 12, 2010

Thank you for letting the public know about PHH Mortgage Services. I have been paying my mortgage payment regularly inspite of the economic situation and requested them to work with me in seeing how we may refinance to (a) move my loan from interest only and (b) to lower interest rates.
    They said they cannot help because our mortgage was not connected with Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. Would someone please let me know the alternatives so companies like PHH Mortgage Services does not hold honest and hard working people as hostage.

Chris Shumaker Oct 07, 2010

I am having some of the same issues... I have completed loan modification documents from PHH Mortgage three different times in the past year. During this time I have been receiving foreclosure notices even when I am doing everything that PHH instructs me to do. Each time I have been told that I am "APPROVED" for the modification, and I begin to make my payments. Within three months I always get a letter telling me that I have been denied for the modification. I just completed another modification on August 1st 2010, and have just began to make my payments as scheduled on September 1st, 2010. I was in disbelief when I received a letter from the courts telling me that my home was being sold due to foreclosure on October 12th, 2010 to the highest cash bidder. I have been on the phone with PHH each month regarding these letters, and they keep reassuring me that it is a mistake, and it will be taken care of. Needless to say... I have hired an attorney, and have EVERY document that they have sent me that proves that I have been approved for their modifications. My attorney says that I have a very strong case against them, but unfortunately I will have to allow the home to foreclose before I can do anything about it!! PHH IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN! Has anyone else noticed that they give you a bogus extention number to return calls to the same person?? I have never spoke to the same person on the phone, and my phone bill shows over 32 hours that I have logged trying to speak to them about this situation.

-- Chris Shumaker - Riverview, Florida

• Br
    brian66 Oct 20, 2010

Chris,
    My story is same as yours, I wonder why PHH is allowed to string people along until they have time to forclose and get all the paperwork on their side completed. It seems odd that to you have to go to PHH to get things right and they do not seem to be interested in working things out. I thought there was some sort of government agency that watches for fraudulent companies like this, is this the reasons forclosures are so high in the country? I guess when you pay the right people off you can do what you want.

• Kr
    Krucker Jan 04, 2011

I have never been late on my payments to PHH Mortgage. I took out my loan in December 2004. I normally pay my mortgage on the mortgage questions site. I went to make my November payment and received a message that my payment couldn't be accepted at this time. I called them and they told me that no payments can be accepted on this account at all and I needed to call their attorney. They gave me the attorney's name and number, she told me she would check into it. She didn't know why we were unable to make a payment. Now almost 30 days late we contact our attorney about this. When they contact PHH attorney they exchange emails for weeks and get no where. Finally towards the middle of December 2010 my attorney tells us to get a certified check from our bank for November and December payments and bring it to them and they will forward to their attorney. We did that and it still hasn't been processed. My attorney contacts theirs again and the check is sitting on the attorney's desk and she has started the paperwork before filing for foreclosure. Last week we got another certified check for January 2011 payment. Please note that last week is 1 week early which is how we pay. Still no payments have been processed. We have never been late and never had a late fee. I have never had problems with this company. It is like they just want to take our house away for no reason. If something isn't done soon we are filing suit against PHH. Just like most of you. Our payments have gone up in the past also. In January 2010 we received our statement and had to pay an extra 40.00 a month for 4 months to make up for escrow shortage. Those 4 months have never ended. I will never do business with this company again. I had good credit until this. I am afraid to pull my credit and see what they have done to me. I am just thankful I took it to my attorney so they can't say they didn't say or do whatever. It is in my attorney's hands now.

• Bu
    busdriver634 Jan 12, 2011

PHH Is the biggest joke for a mortgage company that I have ever seen! Everyone has the same story so you would think someone would do something about the company. They put you on hold...for hours! When you finally get a live person on the phone you can not understand them. When you can understand them, they give you the run around. It's sad what the companies in this country get away with. It's a shame that hard working people get no help at all, but if you don't work or are from another country, you get what ever you need. WTF is that all about? Any one who is involved in any lawsuit against PHH, let me know. We will gladly join forces!

• Up
    upsetmominOH Feb 04, 2011

I am in a similar situation with PHH mortgage. I completed the homeowner's assistance package in October. After much fighting on my end and countless hours on the phone, I was told that in December I had been assigned to a negotiator, which is the end process of the loan modification program. I was told that if I receive notice of sheriff's sale, to contact tham and they would postpone-since they moved forward full force with the foreclosure which takes 90 days and they admitted their program takes 6 months in total at least. I received notice nad called them, they submitted request for postponement. I called them every day after that to check status. They continued to string me along, my property was sold back to them at sheriff's sale, and they claimed no one ever responded to the request for postponement. Their attorney informed me she never received the request. Now, after more than 20 hours spent on the phone with them in the last week, several of the supervisors have admitted there was a mistake made on the account, but there is nothing they can do about it now that they have sold my property. I have obtained an attorney and luckily kept al documentation, and I would suggest everyone else does the same. WHEN the class action lawsuit comes against them I want to be in on it, I have more thna enough proof that they violated FHA laws stating that as long as I am making a reasonable effort to work with them that they must make a reasonable effort to keep me in my home-obviously they have not even made an attempt. So, now me, my husband and our four children are looking for a home to rent. Our hearts are broken after we were so happy to achieve our goal of owning a home. I realize that the fault was mine when I lost my job and got 2 months behind on my mortgage, but I have been begging them to let me pay them since then and the way we have been treated and pushed out of our home is not right.

• Mi
    MIKE LAMB Mar 08, 2011

phh RAISED MY MORTGAGE PAYMENT OVER 90 DOLLARS -I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID THAT MY HOMEOWNERS AND PROPERTY TAXES WENT UP - AND I HAD LOWERED MY HOMEOWNERS ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE FROM 500.00 TO 1000.00 DEDUCTABLE - AND I WENT TO THE TOWNSHIP HALL IN WHITE LAKE MI. AND THEY SAID THAT THE TAXES HAD GONE DOWN - SO I HAD TO PAY FOR THE FORMS THAT PROVED MY TAXES HAD GONE DOWN - I SENT TWO COPPIES TO P.H.H. - ONE TO THE TAX DEPT. AND ONE TO ANOUTHER DEPT. - P.H.H. CONTINUED TO LIE ABOUT MY TAXES HOMEOWNERS GOING UP FOR MONTHS AND WOULD NOT ADJEST THE PAYMENT - IF YOUR TAXES GO DOWN AND YOUR HOMEOWNERS GO DOWN - THAN YOUR MORTGAGE PAYMENT SHOULD GO DOWN - WELL I LOST MY HOUSE ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO I MET A LOYER FOR PHH IN COURT AND I AGREED TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE ON DEC. 20 2010 AND THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT CHARGING ME FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE HOUSE AT THIS TIME - SO I LOST MY HOUSE 11 DAYS BEFORE NEW YEAR - ABOUT A MONTH AGO I RECIVED FROM PHH A TAX FORM WITH THE REMAINING BALENCE OF MY HOUSE ON IT - IT ALSO SAID THE HOUSE WAS FOUND ABBANDON - ( NOT TRUE I WENT TO COURT AND WAS GIVIN A DATE & TIME TO GET OUT - AND THEY HAVE ON THE TAX FORM THE FAIR MARKET VALUE IS OVER 99000.00 ( MY HOUSE IS BEING SOLD FOR 21000.00 - I AM MISSING THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE TAX FORM AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PHH TO FAX OR SEND ME THE FORM OVER - (UNSUCCESSFULLY) ( IVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD FOR 2-3 HOURS AT A TIME AND SWITCHED TO OTHER DEPTS AND DISCONNECTED

• Aj
    AJKUPP Mar 21, 2011

OMG! I am in the same situation! Class action lawsuit? I AM IN!! I have gotten nothing but runarounds, inconsistent answers, and hang ups. I have gotten no paperwork on any late payments, etc until they wanted to start foreclosure. On Februar 28th I called. I was told to call their attorney in OKC. I did and they couldn't understand why PHH wasn't working with me. They agreed to send me all the final numbers to bring my acccount up to date. Including lawyer fees that were over $1200. FINE! I got the numbers on March 9th, called on March 14th (3 business days later) to find out where to send the money. They told me the numbers had expired. WT[censored] It was the middle of the month...what could have changed. I had a letter dated Feb 23rd, that says I have 30 days before they do anything! She says she has to refigure the numbers. FINE! So the lawyer fees might increase some, right? WRONG!!! Also, this should only take a day or two because they just did them! I called on the 16th, 17th, and 18th. I never could get a call back. They filed foreclosure papers on the 15th. I was served on the 19th! I had the money on the 14th and they refused it!!! WT[censored] It all is shady and every employee at PHH mortgage and Shapiro & Cejda law office in OKC! A single mom of 1 child will be out on the street. Who can afford a lawyer when you thought they were working with you and the whole time they were stabbing you in the back! I hope they all fry in hell and lose their own house someday! IT IS WRONG and someting needs to be done!!!

• El
    eloria Apr 01, 2011

Runarounds in collections, incorrect information given every time I call in, refusal to pull call records to proove that I'm being told incorrect information and properly train their reps. USAA should be ashamed for using this service as their mortgage provider. I expected better from USAA!

• Aj
    AJKUPP Apr 05, 2011

Here is what's even better...I get an email from Shapiro & Cejda law office in OKC at 815 AM and told the final numbers end at end of business! I got no phone call from anyone! What if I hadn't gone to work, what if our email server was down! Again, they were dangling a carrot, but now that I know what I was dealing with I am now able to play their "game." I overnighted the money that I already had 10 days before plus another several hundred dollars of nonsense charges. I overnighted it 3/24/11 and requested notice when everything was reinstated. The notice I get by email states that it will take 15 days for them to review and respond. WHAT!
    I have April's payment due on the 1st and this is their game! They let you "think" they have accepted payment, then you get your check returned about 6-8 weeks later. So now if that happens, I will end up with more unnecessary charges, they will foreclose, and keep my cashier's check I just overnighted them. It will purposely get crossed in the mail!
    I overnighted my April payment on 3/31/11 and attached a nice note with it :)
    To Whom It May Concern:
    I am not putting anything to chance for PHH Mortgage to cross paperwork and inquire additional fees or for PHH Mortgage to foreclose on the house at XX.
    As of March 28, 2011, I was notified by Shapiro & Cejda that it takes 15 days to apply funds.
    This letter is to verify April 2011 payment is applied appropriately, in addition to, the reinstatement funds that were overnighted on 3/24/2011 and received by Shapiro & Cejda by noon on March 25th 2011 totaling X amount.
    In the event of, additional deceptive business procedures, unjust fees or charges from either PHH Mortgage or Shapiro & Cejda, I will be forced to obtain a lawyer. A complaint has also been made to HUD regarding your treacherous practices.
    I am demanding notification immediately via email when the status of this loan is reinstated. Signed and dated...
    Interesting...I get an overnight package from PHH on 4/1/11 with loan modification paperwork. They offer this now that my loan is caught up when I had been requesting this for 2 years and they never could consider it. By law, loan modifications are supposed to be offered to any person who has fell behind on their payments. I'm getting a lawyer consultation set up to see if I can recoup any of the wrongful charges. If not, it still needs to be "on the books" about their bad business practices. The mortgage companies need to be held responsible for our housing crisis. Instead of helping, they are taking full advantage!

Chaos2Night Apr 07, 2011

Just read a news piece that PPH lost a $20 Million lawsuit for the sort of thing described here. http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/03/22/1508191/sergeant-awarded-20-million.html#storylink=misearch If that link does not work google David Brash v. PHH Mortgage Corp.

• Bu
    BunchofCrooks Apr 13, 2011

That's why you need an attorney from the jump! Even to handle your loan mod. I filed bankruptcy to stop them from foreclosing, then applied for a loan mod, then had the judge sign a loss mitigation order giving them permission to modify or appear in his chambers where he would modify it for them and trust me they don't want that. And keep every single correspondence you have with them.

• Mo
    Mortgage specialist ms Apr 15, 2011

The person who wrote this article is not very smart at all. Did you every stop to thing that maybe most of the houses out there have depreciated in value and that is why your appraisal came in low? Well I see appraisals coming in low on a daily basis so I think you should do your homework. That flood insurance charge that you are speaking of is $19.95 and its to make sure that you are not in a flood zone and since you have backed out of the process anyways you didn't have to pay for that charge. The mortgage that you were qualifying for was most likely a Fannie Mae invested mortgage therefore PHH would have to abide by the rules that they set forth. Oh yeah and do you know how crazy the mortgage industry regulations have gotten. I would like to see you try and get a mortgage with another lender and maybe just maybe you might understand that this problem is industry wide and its do to a terrible economy and a government that has no idea what they are doing. You deserve to pay this $500 charge because PHH Mortgage accrued far more charges by your deal going south. You got the attorney general involved, come on, your ridiculous. Pay the fee and own up to the reality of the situation.

RichardPO May 19, 2011

We don'n recoment PHH mortgage, it's a untrust company. is one of those loan companies that are believed to disorder and confusion in statements to pressure and scare of a possible loss of the house and in this way will get their victims, usually old men, end up paying

RichardPO May 19, 2011

I have to confess something about this company so that if someone needs help: I witnessed the pitfalls of this company at the time to clarify situations. Worst of all, it has the law on their side as they are created. If you need some evidence against this company can count on me. Name: Miguel Figueroa, Phone [protected]

RichardPO May 19, 2011

My loan is [protected], the address is 2005 SW 3 ST Miami Fla.
    It is true that if you engage in any collection, the safest thing is to end up paying even knowing that they are stealing you.
    In my case costs more than a lawyer and fix things. The prisons are full of unhappy compared to these criminals in suits and ties

• Fl
    Floretta Jun 09, 2011

I agree strongly that PHH Mortgage is doing preditory and deception lending. They are misleading everyone who has gotten as loan with them. I have read so many peoples complaint. And I as well fall in the same situation as everyone else. They mislead us. And gave us the run around on the phone. Different times promise us phone calls back concerning our payments. We have just been thru so much with this mortgage company. I sure hope something big is done about PHH Mortgage. Because they are really destroying peoples lifes. And leaving many families homeless.

• Mi
    mikeny Mar 23, 2012

I can't believe I didn't do my homework before dealing with them. It's hard for me to believe that everyone in this company that I dealt with over the past 2 months is as incompetent as they presented. From the salesman, who they openly acknowledge is dishonest about how much you can save to the supervisors, who proved to be even more incompetent (?) or dishonest. Yes... When I asked why I'm not saving as much as initially presented with "conservative" figures... They respond, "Well, he's a salesman." Is this BAIT AND SWITCH? To top it off, my mortgage payments went up over $200 when I showed up at closing. The total loan amount was $7, 000 higher at closing than it was when I signed the final commitment! The best was that they had no explanation for it! They blamed it on the incompetence (?) of the people that worked the application prior.

• Re
    Renrgade May 20, 2012

I am left PHH Mortgage because of the many reasons stated from the past clients. They charge a non-refundable upfront fee to take a loan application and if the deal ( either a purchase or refi ) goes south for whatever reason ( such as an inspection of a home to be purchased revels defects or appraisal comes in low ) they will only credit you on the next transaction. BAD BUSINESS. They are the 5th largest Mortgage Company in America and the only one that I know of that has this policy. The client has no rights, no recourse and no respect. If any Lender wants an upfront fee for anything other than the appraisal ( such as processing/ underwriting/ application fees), find another Lender. I would think this policy violates DTPA rules because they will take application on almost anyone, just to fill their pipeline and collect the fees. The applicants should be screened and credit/income approved before an appraisal is ordered.

• Ke
    Kevin Brownn Dec 05, 2012

My FB page... https://www.facebook.com/ShameOnPhhMortgageRbsCitizensBank?ref=hl

My Story
    PHH Mortgage/RBS Citizens Bank are one in the same… We were in the process of modification through PHH Mortgage since late 2011 and around February 2012 we received a letter introducing us to our ‘case manager’ who would keep us posted on the progress of the modification.

In April, we received a letter from the modification department asking us to mail more documents, which I had sent twice already. By May, I called the case manager and she did not seem to know what was going on (delaying modification) but after consulting with her superiors, she asked to me to email her the same documents once more and I did. Despite the assurance (“send this and we can go through modification”), we kept receiving (by mail & email) request for more documents from different people in the modification department!

Early August, I was assigned (temporarily) a case manager because mine went on vacation and she asked me to scan “modification documents” (which by now I had mailed, faxed and scanned several times). I obliged and she informed me (via email) that their staging department is working on our modification. Suddenly, two weeks later, I received a letter from PHH mortgage lawyers informing me that our home will go on sale the next month!

I called the case manager to find out what was going on as the last time we spoke, she had told me that my home was in the process of modification. I left messages but she never returned my calls. This seems to be a recurring issue with PHH. So, I emailed her and scanned the “sale” letter from their lawyers. She finally emailed me back but with “email me (listed) documents so we may postpone the sale.” I had been sending and resending documents to PHH on a regular basis with a promise of modification (somehow my home still went up for sale) and now they were doing it again, asking for more documents. She also informed me that my case manager was back and that I should communicate with her, but despite numerous calls, I was unable to reach her and I never heard back.

Despite PHH’s promises and assurance of modification, they never did anything except ask me to send and resend documents, while letting me believe I was still under consideration for modification (even though the other side of them is foreclosing!). The DAY BEFORE the indicated sale date, my case manager finally called and informed that my modification was denied and she doesn’t know why.

PHH NEVER MAILED ME A Modification Denial Letter, AS IS REQUIRED BY LAW and, they informed me of the denial the day before the sale!

A real estate agent showed up a week later and told me to vacate my home without showing me any documentation of sort. I called PHH to ask them about it but they told me that my home did not sell and transferred me to REO department where I left a message. I continued to call them but they kept telling me my house did not sell and proceeded to transfer me to REO department who never returned my calls.

Three weeks later, we received a 3 days notice from PHH lawyers (different lawyers this time). I sought the help of friends in realty (and eventually lawyers) that reviewed my documents and determined it was a wrongful foreclosure. Along with professionals in the business, I called PHH and we spoke with several people, including the vice president’s office – the supervisor we were eventually assigned reviewed the facts (after a long discussion!) and ADMITTED that our home was WRONGFULLY FORECLOSED, assuring us that the three days notice will be recalled and our home put back into modification.

Another supervisor from PHH called a few days later regurgitating the same information as the first (the home is being returned to modification) and that we should continue to wait for the formal letter. However, two days later, the same supervisor called and said that the legal department instructed them not to proceed with the reversal from WRONGFUL FORECLOSER back to modification – it is not in THEIR best interest!

PHH AND RBS CITIZENS BANK are admittedly wrong and should take responsibility – they should follow their credo “honest and ethical everyday”

I have learned that when it comes to PHH…

1. THERE IS A MAJOR LACK OF COMMUNICATION BETWEEN DEPARTMENTS.
    2. EMPLOYEES ARE NOT WELL INFORMED.
    3. THERE IS SOMETHING CLEARLY WRONG WITH THEIR POSTAL SERVICE/EMAIL/PHONES BECAUSE THEY NEVER RECEIVE DOCUMENTS AND THAT IS WHY THEY SEEM TO ASK FOR THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER!
    4. AND PHONE CALLS ARE RARELY RETURNED.

angela new Jan 27, 2013

PHH mortgage has really messed us up! Not only our credit, but our money too.
    We applied for a home modification to get our interest rate down, They advised us not to make any payments until the modification was complete.Six months and still no response from PHH, after calling them every other day, our property got assigned to a foreclosure attorney in Mississippi. They kept asking me to send in more papers, update more papers, they are missing this and that. Well, since we were getting further and further behind with our payments, we decided to reinstate the loan since it was obvious PHH wasnt going to help us. We sent in $22, 455.71.
    This is what the attorneys reinstatement letter said: $20, 760.16 went to payments and late charges..$305.17 to additional late charges, $16.79 for pending late charges, $735.84 for corporate advance balance, $336.75 other fees, $165.00 and $101.00 for attorney cost and fees.
    This is not at all how PHH website broke down the money. We were charged so much more in late fees and other charges. My balance before this whole thing started was 46, 000 and now with paying 22 thousand dollars, its $41, 000??? And on top of all this, they raised our monthly payment more than 200 dollars a month because they say we are negative in our escrow account. How can this be, when in June 2012 we paid all that money to get everything current. Someone please help. This is crazy.

Our original loan amount was 52000 opened in 2005.

• Ka
    KanaJune Mar 14, 2016

OMG - I had no choice! Lender Live sold my mortgage to these jokers and I have had myriad problems ever since. How can such a crooked entity be allowed to do business? Just trying to set up my auto debit with them has been a nightmare...and their web site is completely useless. I have called them 6 times and after wait times up to 60 minutes I get completely useless persons that cannot help me - barely can understand their accents and when I can finally get my problem understood, they say they cannot help me, to call back in a week! I am wondering if they are actually a legitimate business? Is this a typical New Jersey business model?

• Ml
    mlere Jul 19, 2019

Does anyone out there have a reverse mortgage with these crooks? I'm an 80 yr old widow who did not do my
    homework before I signed with American Fidelity. I was surprised to be getting statements from Ocwen (PHH).
    My house was assessed at $30, 000 under what I am paying taxes on. I have a big mess, and am going to have to
    sell before I lose my home.

• Ka
    KanaJune Jul 19, 2019

They bought my mortgage from my credit union and I have had no real problems with them, but I can attest to their awful customer service. It does take hours on the phone to get thru to a real person, and then that person may be most unhelpful. Unfortunately, that seems to be the current business model for companies across the US. Shameful!