Having problems with Peugeot?

1800 307 607 (Australia)
8800 555 5335 (Russia)
1800 886 292 (Malaysia)
+33 155 948 100 (Head Office, France)
+33 970 809 120 (Customer Service, France)
+44 800 042 2422 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 738 4368 (New Zealand)
+43 800 286 785 (Austria)
+32 78 151 615 (Belgium)
+353 14 092 400 (Ireland)
+31 800 738 4368 (Netherlands)
+351 808 265 005 (Portugal)
+41 800 001 158 (Switzerland)
+852 28 344 233 (Hong Kong)
+65 63 762 288 (Singapore)
+27 860 738 472 (South Africa)
+66 23 054 445 (Thailand)
+54 810 777 7384 (Argentina)
07 rue Henri Sainte-Claire Deville

Homestead Place, Cnr 12th Avenue and Homestead Lane, Rivonia, Sandton, 2128

Thailand
1048 Ramkamkaeng Road, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240

Mexico
Av. Insurgentes sur N° 1898 -2ndo piso, Colonia Florida, C.P. 01030, Delegación Álvaro Obregón, en México, D.F.

Complaints & Reviews

day light robbery

I took my vehicle to Peugeot to have it diagnosed of a fault and have it fixed. A Anti-pollution faulty displayed on the dashboard everytime I switched on the engine. They diagnosed the car and I paid R627 for it and had the car fixed and I paid to have it fixed. A week later the same light appeared again and I took the car back today and I was told if they check the car and they find out it's not the same fault they had fixed then they will charge me another R627 for diagnosise. How on earth do they expect me to pay two diagnostic fees within a week of taking my vehicle to them? Have they programmed their machine to detect one fault at a time sothat the customers can back and charge them or do they deliberatetly not fix the faults as indicated by the diagnostic machine again sothat the customers can come back and charge them some more money for diagnosis. Is this a money making scheme they have embarked on? Are they going down and trying to squeeze every possible penny from the poor customers just to save their ###? is this poor workmanship? What's even more appaling and infuriating is that they say the diagnostic machine detects that the catalyst converter is ageing, I took out the catalyst converter about 2 months before I took the car to the dealership and replaced it the silencers, surely the machine detected that the first time around they just didn't mention it. I find it hard to believe that i couldnt be dected.

This doesnt make sense to me none what so ever. Bottom line Peugeot South (The Glen) is ripping off people.

car stops for no reason

My peugeot 307 bought on 2007 suddenly stops and the driving wheel doesnt operate several messages appear such as " ABS Sysytem Failure" and " battery supply or electrical Failure" although i just made the services and changed the power oil, engine oil, and everything else and and the service center confirms that the computer is not reading any errors and that there is nothing wrong with the car.

• Ex
    Ex Pug Manager Oct 28, 2013

This sounds like the engine fuse box (PSF1) they are prone to getting water in and causing this fault

peugeot disappoints new car owner

I have had my Peugeot 207 ( 2008) model for 18 months and before my first service, the car broke down and was towed away to the nearest dealership which at the time was Woodmead. They checked the car and said there was no real issue with car even though I couldn’t change the gears and it had to be towed. They dispatched my car and assured me that it was nothing serious.

On the 18th of March, 2010, I was driving on the N1 highway and, my car would not go into gear. I pulled off to the side and once again the car had to be towed. It was towed to Peugeot Fourways where a report was done. They said it was the fly wheel that gave in and as a result of that my clutch gave in. my maintenance company refuses to pay the dealership out because they have deemed the damage as “driving technique” so they will not pay the dealership out. I have been dealing with William Ndlovu at Fourways who assured me that it was a query that a maintenance company would cover. I have only had one service my car is sitting at approximately 35 000 km.

I had trouble with car before its first service and Woodmead did not state that there were any serious issues, now my car has died once again...:

took car in for service and get more problems

Took car in for service and get more problems. Haven't seen my car for 2 weeks and still got no answer out of them what they doing about it. First it was tappet that was loose, then there was a noise in the engine that they don't know where it come from. Then they send the car to a engineer to look at. The newest is that I overheated the car and now its valves and gaskets and... The last time that car was driven was by them because I refuse to drive it and told them so. My car had no problems on when I took it in for a normal service. R5700-00 further I got no car and I lost 2 weeks of work because I am in sales and my car is my bread and butter.

• Oz
    Ozlem Dalkilic Apr 07, 2011

I bought 206+ in Feb 2011 and when I put petrol fully and it started to come a high noise from petrol store. I complained to Peogeot in Turkey and store which I bought it but they just said that it is normal. They said that they can only cover store from outside and the noice will never stop only it will be less then now. I completely refuse this. I feel really sorry to buy a peugeot. Ozlem Dalkilic

no feedback from dealer principle

Cabriolet 307 been at woodmead branch since 21 dec 2009, jackie at delaership indicated that repairs would only start in jan 2010, initially clutch and battery need repair and tune up done. I personally replaced battery which was still under guarentee, jackie contacted me many times in january that clutch was finished and was due for only for tuning but it because the car was 95' modle, the branch did not have diagnostic testing equipment in order to tune car but workshop manager would be contacted to see what could be done. Call centre contacts me regularly to see if I am happy with the repairs etc but I when I tell them I still dont have the car, I always get told that the service manager will contact me, up until now 4 march 2010, I still have not been contacted. I have contacted the dealer principle on the 1st of march and told him the story and was told he would get back to me. I have still not had any feedback and still dont know when I will be getting my car back.

a donkey is better than a peugeot

My car was towed to Peugoet South on Monday the 22 February 2010. They only call me when they wanted to know what happened to the car and if I will pay cash or I am on maintenance plan. Even today I don't have a car they say the are waiting for parts.

When I call them the have a very annoying attitude. They don't keep me informed of what is happening with my car and I have to call them always. This is not the first time I have a problem with my car. And I feel that the technicians don't know what they are doing. My car was okay untill I took it for service. I will not advice anybody to by a peugeot unless you want a stressful life.

My brother told me not to by this car but because of the love that I have for the car I bought it anyway and now I regret every minute of it.

passing the buck on extended warranty

I have owned a Peugeot 307 for approximately 4 years. At purchase I opted to include an extended 5 year warranty on the vehicle which only expires 1 year from now. I purchased the vehicle from East Rand Peugeot and have only ever had it attended to and serviced by the same dealership. 1 year ago the automatic gear box was repaired as it was faulty. Now it is faulty again and the vehicle has once again been sent in for repairs to Mayfair Gearbox. According to the contract I have with Peugeot SA should the vehicle be in for repairs for greater than 3 days then I should be given a car for use for the duration of repairs. Peugeot East Rand keep passing the buck and are trying to say that Mayfair Gearbox must assist me in this regard. I do not have a contract with Mayfair Gearbox. Peugeot East Rand must fulfil their contractual obligation and provide me with a vehicle. Furthermore I was phoned yesterday by Juan the workshop manager to inform me that my vehicle was ready for collection following a 60 000km service. I said that my car had a 60 000km service done 3 weeks ago and that my car was now in for a gearbox repair! Do they know what is going on in that workshop?

• Va
    VanyaM Sep 20, 2017

I am sitting with the exact same problem with Peugeot Northcliff my gearbox also went at 60 000km, which is not normal for a car with such low mileage, I feel your pain, did you ever get it resolved...

complaint of grip in snow

I bought a Peugeot 3008 on 1st november and paid £14, 300 pounds
I was delighted with the car untill I had to drive in the snow when I was driving to work it was sliding over the roads when I got to work it got stuck it would not go into my car park and when I tried to get in another car park it got stuck and I had to get help to get out when i eventually got home could not get into the drive
it said on your paper advert november 26th in the daily record it had grip control I totally disagree with this you I was not told of this failure and I will be informing the daily record of this I feel I have been totally cheated. we went to the garage today who have said we can change the tyres to one's that will grip in the snow and it will cost a few hundred this is a rip off I work in a large firm and I will be telling all the workers how bad this has been and definately not to buy this car unless they fit the tyres for the use in the snow I was adivsed if I want to pay a few hundred for new tyres that are for use in the snow it would cost a few hundres pounds the car was ten months when I bought it and it is the same tyres since new the garage said the tyres are fine that is just how it holds in the snow if I had known this I would never have bought it I have had many peugeot and have been happy with them but i am really disapointed in this car
can you look into this and explain why this car does not hold the road unless you buy special tyres which I can assure you I was not told of this when I aksed how it held in the snow

• Vw
    vwj1968 Jun 04, 2011

We took delivery of our 3008 1.6 hdi Sport last July and were very happy with it until the snow fell and might as well been in a go cart. For a vehicle that certainly looks the buisness belive me it's not.
    My first car many years ago was a vauxhall nova, i kid you not when i say that car was better in the snow than the 3008.

six years delay in a replacement part

In July 2004 I purchased a Peugeot 307 HDi. The dash-board display grew dimmer with time especially when the interior of the car was hot. This was brought to the attention of the local Peugeot dealership from whom the car was purchased. They couldn’t find anything wrong saying that the fault must be intermittent.

The display remained dim and I continued to raise the matter with the Service personnel and in particular with the Service Manager. Nothing was done about it. In frustration in 2006 I brought the matter to the attention of the State dealership since I had read in forums that some of these displays could be faulty. They said that they had no knowledge of this type of problem. I asked if I could obtain a replacement part through them. Their recommendation was that I refer the matter back to my local dealership and pursue the replacement part through them.

When I raised the matter with the local dealership again, I was told that the Service Manager had resigned and that they were not aware of any problem with my vehicle. I was told that matters in the Service Department were chaotic under the previous Manager. As there was no resolution of this matter in sight through the local dealership, I approached Peugeot Australia in 2007 as well as keeping the local dealership and the State dealership informed in the hope that someone could resolve this matter.

Copies of all correspondence were forwarded to Peugeot Australia and they communicated their concern apologizing for the delay in the resolution of this matter. They could not provide me with the part directly and recommended that I communicate with my local dealership to arrange repairs. I indicated that this had proved fruitless in the past and that I would prefer to deal with the State dealership. I was told to communicate with them and that the State dealership would inspect the faulty part and install a replacement.

When subsequently I made contact with them, they had no knowledge of the matter nor had they received the replacement part and again referred me back to my local dealership. I approached them again and spoke to the Dealer Principal who had no knowledge of the problem though he acknowledged that the display was faulty. He recommended that I take the matter up again with the State dealership since they were supposed to receive the replacement part and organize its replacement. I communicated the unresolved state of the matter to Peugeot Australia in August 2009.

The dashboard display has become illegible in warm weather. I took the car to Brisbane to the Service Department of the State dealership where it was acknowledge by the Manager that it was faulty and should be replaced. However he had no knowledge of my problem and recommended that contact Peugeot Australia to arrange for a replacement part to be forwarded to them assuming that I wanted it to be handled as a warranty claim six years after it was first raised with the local Peugeot dealership. I await a response from Peugeot Australia.

six years delay in a replacement part

207 computer problems

My 207 peugeot has given me the same problems every 4 - 6 months. Then the airbag lights goes on, then the seatbelt lights goes on. The car is now on 42000k and is almost 3 years old. Reason for being so little milage???... It is more in one off peugeot's garages than what I can drive it. They tell me that I must only put in bp petrol as this is the cleanest petrol, and this may have a disturbance in the car. I bought it cash, and I own my own company... Yet their customer care personel think I do not know what a mobile number is!!
If you complain, they do not get back to you, and their staff is always rude. I need a car as I have to work and i'm a single mom with a 6 year old son.
There is so many complaints about this cars, that I cant believe that they still sell them!!
Absolute discusted!!!

chantel joyline Jun 13, 2016

Dear Sir/Madam

On the 7th of April my car has been towed in to Westgate Peugeot from my home in Noordheuwel after a breakdown on Saturday 5th April.

The breakdown involved a sudden swisshh sound and a strong smell of petrol with the car cutting out. It was pushed in for about 20m to a parking area of a garage on the corner of Lud Hersch and Robert Broom and then towed to my home about 1km further.

On the morning of the car being towed in, I spesifically requested the person receiving the vehicle to contact me immediately as I wanted to explain what happened. I need to stress that I had to make the first call to them and had to leave a message for someone to call me back. The call only came the next morning. When it did, I explained what happened and requested that urgent attention is given to this as the car is very well looked after, still under warranty, soon due for its 60 000km service and that we are completely dependend on this for taking our son to school and going to work. This matter obviously did not receive the urgency that it required and we had to contact Westgate Peugeot every day since. Everytime the excuse sounded valid but not within reason, because they are forever waiting for a quote or then the engineers (in Rustenburg) of all places and never, not even once did we receive a call on positive progress. I have explained to Flynn, several times, that there is no reason why this should be treated as just another day at work. I need this vehicle to take my son to and from school and I have not had a job in nearly 18 months and need to go for interviews as a matter of urgency.

I keep to the point that this vehicle has been serviced everytime as it should have. I have to make a note that on the 2nd service, I pointed out that the car does not have enough power and I was very concerned about the fuel consumption. This was noted, but I was told that nothing was wrong. Now this 5000km before its next service! This car is treated with so much care, it could be human.

This vehicle has been with them for 10 days now and still I have no sure indication of what went wrong, when it will be fixed or even if warranty will cover this!! What happened to service. Is this reasonable? Is this fair? I requested an extended warranty on this vehicle not because I wanted to drive like a maniac, but because I wanted your professional protection on a vehicle you believed in enough to list for sale.

I want this resolved for the most obvious reasons possible. Your assistance on this matter and the a speedy and positive resolution will be very much appreciated.
    I await your prompt response as a matter of urgency.

Kind regards

Joyline Strydom
    060 338 4932
    [email protected]

after 2 months and thousands of rands later, my vehicle is still not satisfactory and 100% repaired

After 2 months and thousands of rands later, my vehicle is still not satisfactory and 100% repaired. The vehicle was taken to the Menlyn branch with the main complaint being the gearbox; after I was informed by Peugeot Assistance that it is the best branch in Gauteng. Mayfair Gearbox, the gearbox specialist, succeeded in me losing all faith in the Peugeot Brand as they are unable to fix the problem. Jaco from Mayfair advised me that the vehicle is ‘acceptable’ as it is currently. I am receiving great assistance from the Dealer Principle, Rudi Botha, but he can only do so much as he is currently playing the middleman. Worst service ever received – The Area Manager, June le Grange and previous Service Manager, Victor Simon.

new car, lots of problems

I bought a new peugeot 1.6 hdi at peugeot south and the dealer was dylan. The car is 4 months old with 7000km. 3wks ago the car stopped in the middle of the road and I was told a starter was burnt. They replaced it. But when I collected the car I noticed I cannot accelarate to more than 70kmhr. Then the told me the turbo in the engine is messed up. I was so unhappy to have my 1st new car giving so many problems. I called dyalan to ask him to speak to peugeout sa about the situation and how I could be compensated. He basically told me that it was none of his business as the car now belonged to me. I then called peugeout sa and asked for some form of compensation for the inconvinence or even get a new car. I was told that is out of the question and beside the car belongs to the bank. I am so dissappointed and from a brand like peugeot I expected more than what I got.

• Ke
    Ken McCarthy May 13, 2013

You are correct. This company is making, what in my opinion, is a shite car. I hope you don't have too many more problems but I fear you will. I won't buy Peugeot again (after twenty years of purchasing them). The only consolation is my telling people to stay far away from Peugeot. Thankfully that at least is working and people have thanked me and taken my advise.

a year later and peugeot still can't get it right

A year ago peugeot hatfield! Complaint - airconheater faulty and steering wheel pealing. A year later, hatfield closed, vehicle has been to menlyn several times, yes, same complaints! Guess what, still not fixed! With peugeot service is none existent! I am on the road at least 4 day of the week.in july I took my vehicle back, pleading of them to have especially the aircon heater repaired before taking my family on holiday. Spoke to the service centre manager at menlyn, peugeot sa and service centre ladies explaining, begging before taking the vehicle in. Hoping for some action? Refered to history records of these problems. Parts were ordered and lostmissplacedexcuses. I eagerly pitched to collect my vehicle. Aahhh! Nothing done! Again! Going on holiday next week, asking peueot to assist with courtesy (My heater is permanantly on), to take my family (3kids under 10) on holiday whilst again waiting for parts from france, again... Dear mrs mc gon... Can't assist as your vehicle is mobile, * hot but mobile?. Peogeut sa means nothing:- 'sorry is out of our control', 'can't assist', 'apologies' 'same #&%' *ever heard of action? Or real customer service? I think not!!!

chassis number failure from peugeot

Chassis Number Failure From Peugeot

I have a 2005 model Peugeot 307cc car, Last year I decided to sell the car. And someone liked the car and gave me some deposit.After my personel examination of pre-sales I realized that the Certification of tha car from TÜV is expired. I took an appointment and sent the car with a driver for certification. At the examination they have determined that the number etched on the chassis is different from the number both on the engine and on the window. And on all of the documents of the car the number on the engine and window were written but according to the law in such situations they only take into the number on the Chassis. So the numbers on the Chassis were not similar with the documents. After this determination, they locked the car in the garrage and contacted police, becouse they taught the car might be stolen but after some phone calls and checking from internet, they informed me that the car was not stolen and told me to contact necessary legal authorities to clear the issue, but they did not approve the car by the way. I will not go more details but later on I have contacted all necessary legal departments and they have done very detailed examinations with the help of a Univercity labarotory, and than they contacted Peugeot France and recieved a legal reply from them that this is a production mistake. In the final report they gave me from the Univercity, it was saying that this is a production failure and the number etched on the chassis should be corrected by Police department.

This report was not satisfactory for since everyone knows that all around the world if you are selling a second hand car, the chassis number will be checked although it will be corrected, when the buyer sees signs of correction or hears about the story, he will definately not buy the car. Even if I offered the car free, again noone would recieve the car since this is a complicated and a very risky issue.

After this point I have contacted Peugeot personally and asked them to replace the car with a similar one or pay me back my Money. But I have never been able to get a reply, spending so much time on the phone waiting for them to solve the issue, or at least offer me a solution.
Than I contacted with my lawyer and he again tried many times to solve the issue before court but
Again he was not replied.

So I went to court, and waiting fort he judge to decide.

My complaint is that Peugeot is behaving so much unresponsible although they know their fault and accepted. But they are not acting accordingly when it comes to consequences.

Despite the apparent failure Peugeot constantly using the legal defense as an excuse. Jurisdiction to decide the result.

injectors

I bought a hyundai 2l elentra 2007 model in december 2009 in glenvista jhb. The car was iddling high and I was told that it is diesel car and that it has to iddle like that.in april this year (3 months later) I took it to centurion hyundai for checking and I was told that 2 injectors are completely damaged and that I need to buy them with my own money (r9000 each) and pay the labour since warranty can`t cover them. I feel like I was trated unfairly because I bought the car with damaged injector and nobody told me about that because they wanted me to buy the car. How can I buy the car worth r139 000 today and starting fixing the next day. The car was second hand understand but somebody were suppose to tell me about damaged injectors.

scam

PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILES PROMOTION
Peugeot Auto-mobiles headquaters
Essex, PE9 2YP, London
United Kingdom.
Secret Pin No: PGA00111234
Reference Number PGA:[protected]/09

This is to inform you that your Email address has just won you the sum of £300, 000.00 GBP (Three Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and the new 2008 model Peugeot 407 Car, From the International online email lottery programs held
23RD JANUARY in London, United Kingdom. To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact the remittance department with the email address provided below through our accredited Prize Transfer agents as stated below:

Mr.Brown Terry,

Mr. Weller Milla
Lottery Promotion Manager

• Ku
    kusum Apr 20, 2010

is there any solution after complaining this because I have lost everything in this? And if you know that this is scam why can't you stop all this ? We working people think that interent join us with world but it is not joining us, it is distroyed everything of us. Thats why know I am in deep deprestion and don't understand what to do? I have no job and I am thinking that everything is fraud in this mordern world.
    Please take some strick action towards it because Like me may be others take money on interest and their life become horrible for them.

beware!

PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILES PROMOTION
Peugeot Auto-mobiles headquaters
Essex, PE9 2YP, London
United Kingdom.
Secret Pin No: PGA00111234
Reference Number PGA:[protected]/09

This is to inform you that your Email address has just won you the sum of
£300, 000.00 GBP (Three Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and the new 2008
today in London, United Kingdom. To begin the processing of your prize you are
to contact the remittance department with the email address provided below
through our accredited Prize Transfer agents as stated below:

With Best Regards
Mr. Weller Milla
Lottery Promotion Manager

unpleasant experience

I purchased a1007 in march 2006 from week one the drivers door failed to work. Would not open when either outside or in the car /would not close & lock /or was open when returning to the car. Despite constant repairs to the door it never worked for long 2 months at best 2 days at worst. On many occassions I have been left outside the car at night on my own as the door failed to open. All peugeot said was to bring the car in when it failed to work & they would repair it. What I needed was a car that I could trust to not let me down or leave me alone in a car park as I could not open the door. I had to stop taking the car to the dealer in the summer of 2008 as due to the time I lost taking it to the garage was losing me time & salary as on quite a few occassions I have been over 2.5 hours late for work. On these occassions I locked it in my garage & used another family car. Peugeot state on their website that their cars are manufactured to give worry free motoring & peace of mind. Dont believe it for a moment they are not interested in the safety & peace of mind of the customer I have had 3 years experience of that fact. I have contacted the smmt about this & they are no help at all.

50cc moped

bought the scooter last november and theres been nothing but problems with the bike very unreliable for getting me to work as i work some distance from where i live . I have listed all problems with scooter i.e. battery failing to recharge when in use .speedometer cable breaking, headlight not working on full & half beam . plastic disc surrounding ignition broken away and bike is only 10 months old it has also been serviced twice as this is for the run in period on the miliage. all i need to know am i entitled for a replacement of this product.

• Ro
    robert68 Dec 24, 2011

i am having to wait 3 hours for the RAC as battery failed again. Its not even 6 months old

• Ab
    abutterfield95 May 28, 2012

Mine is just terrible too, i had a flat battery problem and then now i have a problem meaning that i it accelerates and drops and accelerates and drops ect. Terrible..! Bad bike, and dont be fooled on the price. It is true what they say, you only get what you pay for, Buy this bike if you want it to let you down 15 mins before a AS Level Law Exam. :(

bad design and engineering

I bought a brand new Peugeot 206 in 2005 and purchased a 60000km maintenance plan. At my last service I requested Peugeot to check the cambelt. At 71000km while reversing out of my drive way the cambelt stripped and seized my engine. After inspection at the Peugeot workshop they concluded that the cause of the damage was a faulty water pump. There was no indication by means of a warning light that the water pump was faulty. I fail to understand that a +-R800 water pump has caused damage to my engine of +-R20000, of which Peugeot refuse to pay for because my car is out of warantee. Due to the bad engineering of the Peugeot, I believe that it is their responsiblity to disclose this kind of information to unsuspecting consumers who own a Peugeot or are thinking of purchasing a Peugeot. Every owner of a Peugeot designed in this way is at risk of this happening. It has been 4 months for Peugeot to make a decision and have not even offered me a courtesy car. Or even tried to compensate in any form. This is how they treat the little guy. And the little consumer has to just accept it as it is impossible to fight against a huge international company.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices