Having problems with Peugeot?

1800 307 607 (Australia)
8800 555 5335 (Russia)
1800 886 292 (Malaysia)
+33 155 948 100 (Head Office, France)
+33 970 809 120 (Customer Service, France)
+44 800 042 2422 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 738 4368 (New Zealand)
+43 800 286 785 (Austria)
+32 78 151 615 (Belgium)
+353 14 092 400 (Ireland)
+31 800 738 4368 (Netherlands)
+351 808 265 005 (Portugal)
+41 800 001 158 (Switzerland)
+852 28 344 233 (Hong Kong)
+65 63 762 288 (Singapore)
+27 860 738 472 (South Africa)
+66 23 054 445 (Thailand)
+54 810 777 7384 (Argentina)
07 rue Henri Sainte-Claire Deville

Homestead Place, Cnr 12th Avenue and Homestead Lane, Rivonia, Sandton, 2128

Thailand
1048 Ramkamkaeng Road, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240

Mexico
Av. Insurgentes sur N° 1898 -2ndo piso, Colonia Florida, C.P. 01030, Delegación Álvaro Obregón, en México, D.F.

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved bad design and engineering

I bought a brand new Peugeot 206 in 2005 and purchased a 60000km maintenance plan. At my last service I requested Peugeot to check the cambelt. At 71000km while reversing out of my drive way the cambelt stripped and seized my engine. After inspection at the Peugeot workshop they concluded that the cause of the damage was a faulty water pump. There was no indication by means of a warning light that the water pump was faulty. I fail to understand that a +-R800 water pump has caused damage to my engine of +-R20000, of which Peugeot refuse to pay for because my car is out of warantee. Due to the bad engineering of the Peugeot, I believe that it is their responsiblity to disclose this kind of information to unsuspecting consumers who own a Peugeot or are thinking of purchasing a Peugeot. Every owner of a Peugeot designed in this way is at risk of this happening. It has been 4 months for Peugeot to make a decision and have not even offered me a courtesy car. Or even tried to compensate in any form. This is how they treat the little guy. And the little consumer has to just accept it as it is impossible to fight against a huge international company.

fake emails

Peugeot automobiles promotion
Peugeot auto-mobiles promotion headquarters
Essex, pe9 2yp, londonunited kingdom.
From: mr. Dominic gerard
Promotion manager. Secret
Pin no: pga00111234
Reference number: pga12058006/08
Reply email: p. [protected]@live.com

Dear certified winner,

This email is to inform you that your email address just won you£300, 000.00 gbp (three hundred thousand great british pounds) and the new2008 model peugeot 407 car in the ongoing peugeot automobiles promotiononline draws programme held today. Contact the verification department viaemail with your contact information stated below: —

Full name and address. —
Contact information:mr. George wesley,
Contact email: p. [protected]@live.com
Phone contact: +44 [protected]
Peugeot automobiles promotion

peugeot automobiles lottery promotion prize claim (you have been approved for payment

Dear sir / madam, This is in regards to the following, i would like to know whether this is real one or it...

faulty car

I purchased a peugeot 206 from peugeot cape town brand new in march 2006. Since then the car has been more in the workshop than what we had it. The car has gone back to the dealer now for the eight time with the same problem. The guys at the service department told me that they don't know what the problem is. The have apparently sent the diagnosis of the car to europe and coventry in the uk. Still they can't solve the problem. The customer service manager at peugeot sa also says that he can onlty react on the info that he gets from this dealer. I am really fed up with peugeot now as I was very patient and tolerant with peugeot and still not getting any joy.

Please help

• Un
    Unhappy no 1 May 28, 2009

I agree this is a very serious problem dealing with this manufacturer. They don't seem to care about customers and they have a very bad attitude towards solving problems. my problem is related to the 307 model. They say the same thing to mee they cant solve the problem every time electronic parts brake but it seems like they employ donkeys. Hope that they can spent more time developing better and reliable vehicles like the days of old. But they realy are stupid dumb and arogant.

appalling service from peugeot sa

RE: Peugeot reg no TYC282GP. VIN: VF36JUHZJ21455073

I bought a Peugeot 407 Coupee from Peugeot Menlyn in Pretoria South Africa on 2006/07/26. For the first six months my experience with Peugeot was a pleasant one.

On 1 March 2007 the vehicle had to be towed in top the dealership. I was informed the problem is a faulty catalytic converter, and that the part had to be imported from France, with a lead time of approximately 3 weeks.

Three weeks came and went, other parts apparently had to be brought in, and I received an update today that the rear bank turbo needs replacement as well, which also has to be imported from France. Apparently it has been tagged as an “extreme emergency order”. This forces me to make the following assumptions:

• If you purchase a brand new Peugeot, the vehicle will be in the workshop for 33% of the time.
• Peugeot South Africa does not have the parts for vehicles they market in South Africa and gladly sell.
• If your vehicle has not been in for repairs for two months or longer, orders for parts are not seen as an “extreme emergency”.
• South African Peugeot technicians are not trained to operate on Peugeot vehicles.
• Expect a major breakdown within the first 20 000km’s of your spanking new Peugeot. This vehicle has covered 18 000km’s

I am currently paying my monthly installments dutifully for a vehicle which I am not driving. I find it totally unacceptable that a vehicle, with a price tag of close to R400 000, needs to go in for repairs for three months with 18000 km’s on the clock, WITH NO END IN SIGHT, and Peugeot South Africa refusing to commit to a delivery date. This confirms that they have no trust in their brand, and thus neither do I.

I will gladly give the vehicle back to Peugeot South Africa, as I do not want it anymore. Do I have any form of recourse against the manufacturer, and how can I protect my interest as consumer?

Kind regards,
Albert van Niekerk
[protected]

• Du
    Dunlop Aug 15, 2018

Can you please tell me that south africa doesnt keep part for a car must i really wait 4months for spares after i bought a peugeot at a peugeot garage and they knew about the faulty part and told me it is not so urgent but is my car stands for 4weaks cant drive it if i do changes is good that i will cease the engin

• Ah
    Ahmed Hazem Aug 05, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam
    I bought peugeot 508 in 2012 from KSA then I travelled to my country Egypt . Since this time I have faced many problems to get its spare parts . Now I do not find its brake pad in Egypt and i can not move with the car now
    This is car number : Vf38d5fs8/CL003251
    Brake pad number : 1610103580

Mart-Marie Strauss Aug 17, 2019

Good day

We stay in Namibia. Bought a new Peugeot 208, 12 963 km, VIN no. VF3CCHMZ6HW132855, Licence no. N191368W. Need to be serviced ASAP.

No Peugeot agent in Namibia. Please advise on this.

• Am
    Amr Atef Nov 26, 2019

My car warranty just expired 6 month ago & suddenly must exchange gearbox with no frank reason even not misused so how come should I pay all of this
    Please need a reply out of your place as soon as possible cause I couldn't take a decision up till now.thanks