PetSmartgrooming services

C

This complaint is about my dog's grooming experience at the Petsmart Store at Brickyard 6655 W Grand Ave., Chicago, IL. 60707.
I am a Long-time Petsmart customer approximately ten years or more. I have had my dog, Ceiley groomed at Petsmart since she was a puppy.
I had been fortunate to have only one bad experience with an inexperienced groomer (a terrible haircut and a cut on her butt) which I was refunded and given a free service and a more experienced groomer.
Well her groomer/manager, Nayleen for the past 7 years or more moved to Arizona without notice to customers. Nayleen was at the Broadview then Kingsbury location and then was moved to another store far from where we lived, yet we followed her to three stores total.
I decided to try a Petsmart store closer to me. Ceiley was groomed by Jessica aka Jessie (African American/Hispanic decent) at least twice. There were no problems and I was pleased. I could tell that Jessie had a caring manner. Upon Ceiley's first visit with her, she was comforting her because she knew she was a little afraid since they were both new to each other. Ceiley did well and Jessica said she had no problems. We scheduled appts. with her afterwards, but the appts. were cancelled due to Jessie's baby being ill.
There are two Jessica's at this location.
The other Jessica is Hispanic. She is who my complaint is about. After the second cancellation I was referred to Jessica (Hispanic). When I dropped Ceiley off, Jessica informed me that her service would take about 3 to 4 hours, which I thought was unusually long.
I almost got the feeling like she wanted me to refuse and take my dog and leave. I asked her to cut Ceiley low, so maybe that's why it would take her longer.
Before leaving I reminded Jessica that Ceiley has a heart valve issue and that she should not be held on a slant while grooming. Jessica told me that she was aware because Jessie usually does older dogs, etc. Great I thought she has read her records, etc. Upon my leaving, Ceiley did protest as I've never seen before, but I assured her it would be okay and I would be back. I should have listened to my first mind and took my dog home.
I received a call from Jessica maybe an hour and a half later that I should come pick Ceiley up, because she was stressed and passed out. Thank goodness I was headed back anyway and got there asap. She began to tell me that she was grooming her and Ceiley's eyes began to get red and she was falling over. She said she had passsed out.
There is a Banfield Hospital at this location, why Ceiley wasn't taken there I don't understand. Clearly there are records of the dogs that are groomed at Petsmart. She was put in a cage.
She is never put in a cage. She always has express service. I ask them to call me when they are almost done. I then come in before and pick her up, so that she is not caged. Jessica knows all of this because she told me herself that she watched Jessie groom her.
I immediately took Ceiley to the Banfield Hospital right in the store and asked to see a doctor. The doctor there examined her, listened to her heart and said he didn't hear anything to be concerned about, i.e. (Fluid)
I then spoke to the Manager of the store and Jessica because I wanted to know what happened. The Manager was still trying to charge me for the Incompleted service. Didn't get his name, but he is a white male (late fifties early sixties). Jessica said to him there should be no charge. He then agreed. She then said that if I wanted to wait for Jessie to finish Ceiely's service when she returned I could do that.
I can tell you that I suspected something fishy and had no intention of EVER returning for grooming or anything else. I was mortified, but keeping my composure.
I decided that I would groom my own dog if she was going to be traumatized.
Ceiley had never had a problem being groomed with her previous groomers at Petsmart. I was going to let this incident go, because I found an excellent groomer in my neighborhood, who does a fine job and cares about my dog.

But I was in the store last Sunday returning a bag of treats I picked up in error at a Chicago loop location. I happened to look into the. Grooming area and saw (Hispanic) Jessica grooming a dog. She was grooming its paws and the dog was scared and looking traumatized to me. It was trying to get away from her and was almost choking to do so. Jessica never looked up, she had a job to do and was determined to get done. There was no care or contact with the pet she was grooming. She was pulling at the dogs paw and contorting it to get the job done. I could tell that her grooming style was painful and traumatizing to that dog. I could not take it. If I saw her doing that to my dog I would have had to intervene and give her a piece of my mind if not more! It was that bad. I am not sure about the breed of dog, but it looked to be some kind of terrier. White with brown and black ears.
I did go into the grooming area and asked for the Manager. A white female arrived and I began to tell her what my experience was and what I saw Jessica doing to this pet. She began to tell me that she has never heard any complaints about Jessica and that Jessica was doing in a safe way.. Mind You she saw none of what occurred.
I told her that I (a customer) just told her of a complaint.
She was not on the premises apparently when Ceiley was so traumatized that she passed out!
I then told her that Jessica should not be grooming dogs because her manner and style is TERRIBLE!!!
I then told her that I would be making a complaint about Jessica to Headquarters. If this is not the correct location to send this complaint, please let me know. I think that Petsmart needs to do classes with their groomers. It is my opinion that these groomers that are hired are too young, some inexperienced and don't care about the dogs well being.

I am letting you know now. Some action needs to be taken. More grooming classes are required. There won't be a reason to have grooming departments if this type of practice continues, because I am spreading the word!