PeopleSmartBackground Report

PeopleSmart is fundamentally dishonest in many ways. The website claimed I would be given a full background check, but that was not true. Little if any details were provided about any of the civil charges and liens that the person under investigation had binding, and thus I was forced to consult Vermont, New Hampshire, MA and CT state records for details. Moreover, I was asked to pay extra for various criminal reports, etc., and I cannot understand why this basic bait-and-switch tactic is employed. It is miserably misleading.

Lastly, there is great confusion between this ersatz trial period, the cost of a yearly membership, and the cost of an individuals report -- with the confusion being a willful creation by PeopleSmart for the sake of ripping people off. Goodness, I've been an upper-level researcher at Penn State -- but could make no sense of this company's policies. Indeed, I hope what PeopleSmart does unto others is one day done unto it -- both as a company and as a group of individuals who earn their bread such in a dubious way.

So PeopleSmart got my money, and I feel ripped off. I complained, but I imagine PeopleSmart gets lots of these kinds of complaints. And from the complaint posting boards I see, it is only a matter of time before this concern's act is either cleaned up or closed done. There is right and a wrong way of making money, and what PeopleSmart is doing is patently wrong. Please, don't use this service. It is a devious black hole that takes a lot and gives relatively little.

Dr. George H. Elder, Ph.D.

• Sc
    scamssuckass Nov 02, 2011

I actually DID get my $39.95 back, but only after getting royally pissed. They tried to make me feel like an idiot, and then I pointed out that charging the background check prior to the free trial was just plain fraudulent and misleading...especially when they are both the EXACT SAME PRICE!!!

• Bh
    bhorne712011 Sep 30, 2011

I just paid for a membership and can't log in. It keeps telling me it's going to send me a link to reset the password that it never asked me for, but I haven't gotten anything from them. So basically, I just paid for something I can't use until I get them to fix it! Grrrrr!

• Em
    emerito figueroa Aug 13, 2011

I was the one that made the above comment and continue to stand by it.

• Em
    emerito figueroa Aug 13, 2011

I just paid and attempted to log in to the site and have had nothing but problems. The very first screen that appeared after submitting my credit card number was another screen asking for another payment of $14. something for a complete report even after I made my initial payment for "a complete report". What's going on here. Have I also been dupped? I better get some quick responses or I will definitely submit my report to the Better Business Bureau and the state department of commerce for every state in the USAl.