PECO — overcharging
I have "Electric Residential Service CAP Opt D" which is a State funded assistance program. My budget plan payment has been $49.00 all year, which has always been paid on time. Octcber's bill, however was $120.00. Twice, I called them. The first time I could not get through. The second time, I got through, but after 12 minutes on hold, got disconnected. I was away a few days and when I returned I had a letter telling me I was past due and had to pay the bill immediately or be dropped from the CAP rate program. I sent in the bill the next morning, hoping they would make the adjustment, and knowing I would have to try and conntact then again after the next bill comes. Well the next bill did came only a few days later, and its for $584.29. They didn't even give it time enough to receive my check. I called them again, got through to only their computer, which tells me, after 21 minute on hold, that they received my $120.00 and have applied it to this month's bill and that I still have to pay the balance of $464.26. I am an older man in my early 60's and on disability. This is why I qualify for the CAP program. I can't pay this bill, that is in error, and PECO shows no inclination to want to fix the matter. Their Customer Service is a joke. There is no one in their billing dept. that knows how to do their job, nor cares to. And, their computer phone service is atrocious.
More PECO Complaints & Reviews
- PECO Energy - frustratingly incompetent service
- PECO Energy - failure of duty to provide policy transparency as a public utility provider
- PECO Energy - disgusted and fuming with the service!
- PECO Energy - credit department
- PECO Energy - bad service
- PECO Energy - peco energy inadequate service
- PECO Energy - the worst customer service: what if I freeze and die, it is not my problem
- PECO - bad wires
- PECO Energy - account transfer
- PECO Energy Company - my electric and gas bills