Menu
B
Author of the complaint
2:20 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This lotto site is a complete scam. I have played for years, have family and friends that have playedfor years, and when someone wins, they always have an excuse not to pay out. Either th site goes down for maintenance, or they emailed out to the wrong people, or they offer you a consolation prize in lieu of the big prize as it was a mistake on thier part. But they always want you to sign a release if you accept the consolation prize valued at about $200. Bogus site, complete scam, the only thing they are is the BIGGEST magazine sales company. That's where they make thier money, and they also sell you information to hundreds of companys that send you spam, call you daily and fill your mailbox with unwantd junk mail.

Helpful? 5 3

More Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com complaints & reviews

Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - received a package I never ordered!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - matched and did not win!
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - having to search for a product to buy before I can enter
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - merchandise not ordered & a return
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - rigged, unfair games
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - drowning me in their daily malings
76 comments
Jan 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Yes, PCH is a huge scam. I've been playing for over 30 years and only won a $20 Amazon gift card a few years ago from PCH Search. A couple years ago I woke up one Saturday morning and started to search for something via PCH Search and a pop-up window pops up stating my name and where I'm from had won $10, 000. I was ecstatic and patiently waited for the confirmation email. A few hours later I got an email from PCH stating they had made a mistake and someone else had actually won. Yeah right, it's another deceiving thing PCH does. They tell people they won thinking they will feel great and buy a bunch of their crap. Anyway, they should have honored that money to me. They gave me some bullcrap coins that are utterly completely worthless! Speaking of coins, PCH Rewards is a huge joke as well!

They bombard you with emails and always threaten you stating if you do not enter now you forfeit the chance to win the grand prize even when you've entered a million times before. They just want you to buy their cheap products, which I advise never ever do because it's all China made crap! They have good deals on magazines, but it's not worth me wasting anymore time doing the bogus games. PCH is a huge scam and you will never win anything worth anything! The only thing you will win is tons of spam mail because they sell your email address. They are a bunch of thugs and skanks!

0 1
May 30, 2018 2:20 pm

I am an elite vip, Ive been playing every pch game and lotto for 6 years every day.Ive got almost 200 million tokens and they have mailed me 2 ten dollar checks over those 6 long years.The checks were good and I deposited them in my bank but I never played anything for 10 bucks?They said they were appreciation checks?WTF?

Feb 19, 2022 2:20 pm

Pch hit it rich treasure chest graphics overlay for bonus game. Can not play. I’ve received 3 checks in mail in the past.

Sep 30, 2021 2:20 pm

I have been aging online for years..oy thing I got was .amazing subscription I neither ordered nor wanted and they billed me! At least send me subscription for magazine I like. Am retired, think some scam exists as last weekend, hot 5 numbers in $500/ week for life pch
Com..which as retiree am happy either but LIKE A)WAYS technical.difficulties and gave me new board. This is like 4th ti.e such has happened. Been participating g for hour use daily, so.etimez HOURS, am Elite vip, keep spe ding my points but NEVER win. On map they got right address but wrong.location pinpointed.

Mar 22, 2018 2:20 pm

I have play PCH games since 2014 and currently have 79, 000, 000 tokens. I once received an e-mail that I had won $10, 000 but by the next morning I was notified that it was a mistake and given 10 chances to win $10, 000 again. I do purchase useful items from time to time but many are cheap low quality items. The experience has not been what I had hoped for.

Mar 18, 2018 2:20 pm

I have over 1.5 million tokens and even when I put 100 tokens for a $1000 cash award I never have seen anyone I know win. From now on I am just deleting them. They always want you to pay postage or shipping for a purchase so if they have all this money why can't they ship for free?

Feb 24, 2018 2:20 pm

I, too, "won" a prize on their instant win site. If I remember correctly I think it was for $1000. I then got an e-mail from PCH.com saying there had been a computer error & that I did not win. In the past I have son a few things from them. It's been about 16 years ago but I did win a $1000 Savings Bond from them & they did deliver on that and very quickly too. Otherwise I have won $50 & $5 on their instant win contests, I think one reason why it is SO difficult to win is because SO many people are trying to win these prizes. If you read the rules it gives you the odds of winning which are just about nothing. So it's up to the individual as to whether or not they want to spend all that time from such a remote chance of winning. If you entered all the sweepstakes on their website it takes a minimum of 3 to 4 hours to hit them all.

Jun 27, 2017 2:20 pm

I have won a $20 amazon card years ago, and this year a $20 cash. The amazon card was instant winner and knew it right then. The 20 cash must have been lotto because I didnt know I won it since I don't always check the did I win page...It just came in the mail as a surprise.

Sep 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Lucky you. Used to enter yearly when all they had were magazine subscriptions. I spend 1+ hours per day for few years. Vip elite but never wi. Anything. Am retiree so even $500/ week forever er, am.older would be fine

Jun 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Pch is spam and I want them to close my account !

May 30, 2017 2:20 pm

I would like to get a few people to compare the winning picks. I think the software picks numbers for each individual that do not match...So to test this if we could get a few people to compare the winning number picks on any given day and see if they are the same?

Jul 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Here is the BS response after sending pch customer service a screen shot of my winning:
We sincerely regret that a programming error caused an incorrect message to appear on your screen. If you had won a prize on PCH Lotto you would have received an immediate confirmation email and your name would appear on our winner database. This was not the case. Please be assured we have taken steps to prevent such a situation from happening again. As a measure of our disappointment in this error, we have awarded 25, 000 tokens to your account. Our thanks for your ongoing support and interest in our promotions!

1 0
Jul 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Still not paid; coincidence with the lets compare numbers post; a fake win notice? I did take screen shots so will pursue if payment isn't received very soon, well into 6th week now!

Jul 04, 2017 2:20 pm

After this post, on 6-1 I matched 6 of 7 numbers twice and am told I won up to $300 to be paid in 3-5 weeks. On a chart the corresponding monetary amount is $150, so times 2 would be 300. Not paid after 4 weeks, will come back after the 5th week has passed and let you know...

A
Apr 20, 2017 2:20 pm

I have been playing every day and night for two years and have never won one penny. PHC is a total and complete scam. They keep saying they have winners everyday yet I never see any of those "Winners" giving any kind of testimony verifying such. It is all a lie!.

F
Mar 03, 2017 2:20 pm

I have been playing PCH Lotto for over two years. I don't know if the lotto is a scam or not, or if the winners they show are real. I did noticed something weird on January and took a screen shot, there were two results. This made me wonder if the results were different for everyone. If that is the case then it is not possible to win at all. Let me know if you have more evidence on this.

View 0 more photos
T
Oct 14, 2016 2:20 pm

I have been playing for years and every time I win money on the spin weel it will stop on 50 dollars then slowly start moving
again to a token win that gets me so mad. and twice you know at the end of playing lotto where the instant win where it shoots
your number like a pinball game I have had my ball land in the money slot stop then bounce out. its fun and every thing but thats
just not fair

I

dear sir, im claiming the pch lotto winning game prize, gwy#4900 and im still waiting to hear from pch today. asking for scam investigation and the prize winning check too. it s called the big lotto jackpot check and win it all sweeps and giveaways, gwy#3080. still waiting to hear from you. please respond soon. thanks thanks, happy holiday, thanks to Maryanne carter for sponsors too. hurry now and write and call soon. thanks, iris Campbell. [email protected]

N

I have had text messages telling me you won 100, 000 dollars every month and I won a car that I needed to do a
Money gram to get an I RS Card $399.00 I then
Called customer services I then was told it's a scam
By that time I get an call well we're are you I told them PCH don't do that now am thinking I will never win and this goes
For the PCH lotto they never have played any of my numbers. It a real joke.

Jul 02, 2016 2:20 pm

I just received a call staying that I won 650k and a Mercedes Benz but I had to send 300$. He stated that the money is refundable but I asked him in the beginning what I needed to do to claim my prize and he said nothing... This is a scam do not fall for it.

I
May 30, 2016 2:20 pm

After 30 years of playing pch I finally got lucky & won one of the games(1, 000.00 bean toss). When I contacted pch they said they had no record of my winnings BS...I won & they know I won . I can't go back & replay my game so without proof they can tell you what they want so I'm screwed ! All the bells, dings, whistles & directions to your house saying you're a winner is BS it's all advertising & to keep you entertained...it's all a sells pitch to lure you into buying their cheap overpriced items. I've read so many negative reviews about pch not paying out & each complaint pch replied : I have no record of your winnings... THAT'S STRAIGHT BS. I thought pch was legit I'm starting to have my doubts now

W
May 29, 2016 2:20 pm

on may 24 2016 had 218000 tokens on the daily total did not see it in final totals the next day

May 26, 2016 2:20 pm

I can't get the pch lotto app to work since update ..I play almost EVERYDAY..the casino app and search and win app forcloses also ..this is aggravating..I have nearly 3 million tokens so far ..why can't and y haven't these problems been fixed ..

May 11, 2016 2:20 pm

I was told I won pch lotto and then they said I couldn't get my prize because I was already registered with them but they emailed me and told me I was a guaranteed winner. I don't even really play anymore it is bs to just keep you busy I've been playing for 6 years or longer thru mail on Internet order magazines and never ever won a penny. When I did win all lies. I was all excited for nothing lol how embarrassing.

May 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Dear folks your first mistake is talking to the scammers, why would you do that don't you know they have a scheme for every question you may have. . .

Apr 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Attn.; Winner Dated 27th of April, 2016.

Email Ref#: PCH/[protected].

You are our star prize winner dated 27th of April 2016, for claim process
get in touch with our agent on address ( [email protected] )

Publishers Clearing House(PCH)

I received this in my email and wondering it is a SCAM? Please get back with me thanks, M. Campbell

Apr 25, 2016 2:20 pm

How come I pick up tokens with the Crain but when I get the money gags they always drop happen 4 times already.

Apr 25, 2016 2:20 pm

I am doing computer class and online, internet programe and pch lotto, lottery game and others

Apr 21, 2016 2:20 pm

The bag went in the hole. Then it glitch on me said I won 100 coins waste of time been playing about a month same thing everyday

Apr 04, 2016 2:20 pm

All these poor folks. Its not PCH that is doing the scamming. Its scammers using PCH usually from the internet that make posts on a PCH facebook posting. The scammers will either create a fake page or just contact you from seeing your post on the PCH posting. Now, I have not won any of the big prizes, but I have won small ones a couple of times from playing the PCH games. It does happen. Yesu, they have been in trouble for some of the misleading wording on mail entries you get, but that was years ago (motivating you into thinking you may be close to winning but usually IF YOU SUBMIT the winning numbers. The games are pretty fun. I like the lotto games, where I won small amounts and did receive the checks. People are stupid and angry, expecting to win or angry about their own economy issues. They get mad they dont win, When in reality all contests that have many entries, only have a small number of winners relative to the number of entries. PCH does post the odds, which are very high (meaning you have a better shot at an actual lottery win), but if you read the rule, terms, etc you have a better understanding of your odds at winning (very low). I enjoy the skill games and using the tokens to enter for drawings. I have not won any of those drawings, but I would like to, but dont expect to. Just use your head and dont get mad. You dont have to play. If you read on facebook or PCH site about the games and such you will see they do not FRIEND you and never ask for money for your winnings ~ those are the scammers just using PCH as a means to reach you. I just report them to facebook about their fake pages and facebook gets rid of them. I think I am being targetted by a scammer due to being contacted so many times by these scammers. PCH is the real thing, but must keep things in a very real perspective. Play and dream. Cant win if you dont play. Dreams dont come true for those that are angry at bad people turning fun things into scams. PCH is a company that has too much to loose if they were scamming people all the time. Trust PCH, but THINK WHEN YOU ARE CONTACTED. Big wins are delivered by the team without contact, small wins are delivered in the mail. I just got my second check in the last 6 months for ten bucks. LOL. Keep it real folks and enjoy it.

Mar 22, 2016 2:20 pm

I serriouly think that pch is a total scam i got a tweet on twitter from danille lam saying that i had won a large sum of money and that she would not tell me the amount i told i would then see the pch prize patrol at my house guess what i never saw that happen they never contacted me again and i blocked them on twitter and on facebook and i'm about to put an end to playing these stupid games which run up my data plans on my smart phone I've been playing for over four years i can go back to when i started playing back in [protected] not one winner just alot of b.s lies .I'm an senoir citizen living on a string and a prayer and could have used the money to get me out of trouble and have a decent house and car and my bills paid and these [censored]es are stringing me along iv'e had it i wonder how many of these so called winners got fake checks that they cant cash i wish they would get rid of them period i rather play my state lottery...

Mar 06, 2016 2:20 pm

I have been playing PCH Sweepstakes ever since 1973, my husband of 45 yrs. since 2012. We have entered buying merchandise & not ordering. Most of their merchandise is not worth $5.00. We still owe them money, but they are not getting it until we win a big prize check. I should have won something in.the last 43 yrs. as long as I have been playing. Has anyone ever noticed on TV that only the rich win, for whenever they show the pictures the.so called winners has on expensive clothes & beautiful homes? No poor people like us(who's deep in debt) never wins. SCAM! SCAM! & SCAM! again a million times over.

Feb 14, 2016 2:20 pm

I doing like the games lottery, pchslot and others.I love internet.I am very good with the internet.I am doing computer class and online, internet programming

Jan 08, 2016 2:20 pm

I have spent over $300.00 and 5+ hours with tech support and I still cannot top all these popup security warnings... After 48 years with PCH I am VERY disappointed with this situation...

Sep 13, 2015 2:20 pm

I have been playing for years all you win is worthless tokens !

Aug 15, 2015 2:20 pm

I do like game the lottery make money on the internet.I am doing computer class and internet progrmming

S

You are all wrong. It is all fun games and you can really win. I only started playing about two years ago and I won on one of the instant win sites. $500.00 and received it within weeks. This is not a scam!

Jul 08, 2015 2:20 pm

PCH Lotto is a scam. Yesterday, (7-7-15), I picked the winning numbers on the $10, 000. lotto card, and they changed my numbers. Either someone, or their computer software substituted my winning numbers with a bunch of random numbers. I thought this happened once before several months ago, so I've been writing my numbers down. There is no doubt my winning numbers were changed.

Jun 13, 2015 2:20 pm

The games take to long to play and you never win no money just tolkens and I'm wondering when you play the barn door game and the treasure chest and the card game of 21 why they won't let you see the other cards and doors and treasure chest to show what's inside of them

A
May 27, 2015 2:20 pm

I was getting scamed on fb when 'daniel' asd for friend request. After i accept they bugged me all day the next day it was unreal. I almost fell for it. Thank God I didn't. Pch does not solicit you on Fb and asking for money. Big dreams little hope.

Z
Mar 08, 2015 2:20 pm

I have been playing for over 20 years with my husband before he passed. He kept pch buses buying things from them. But I just started playing again a few months ago. And I have over 3000, 000, 00 tokens. I like playing. Just rember winner never quit. And quiter never win. You have to realzise how many people that are in the world playing this game. It's no different than going to the store and buying a scratch off ticket and not winning. You win some you lose some if all you want to do is call it a scam don't play . You just make your self look dump complainting. Don't play don't play. That all I got to said to you that complaint. I'm not a quiter and when I win one day I will repost and remind you about quiters never win.

S
Mar 03, 2015 2:20 pm

ITS NOT A SCAM! a woman that lives near me here in Alabamajust won $5, 000 a week for life, and we live in a very small city where there is only one gas station and one grocery store and nothing else. The guys with a big check really came here just last week.

Feb 21, 2015 2:20 pm

I agree as well I have searched on the publishers clearing house for about ten years and the only thing I won was a $1.00 amazon gift certificate which I never received and I've played hundreds of instant win card games which I thinks is a LIE because ppl NEVER win I tried unsubscribing but I think that's a joke to don't bother.

Feb 09, 2015 2:20 pm

I have played for 38 years and just a week ago I received a check in the mail for 10 dollars; every game I play I get tokens and play all of them, it has gotten really really old! Oh, the 10 dollars was for my being a loyal searcher, my gosh how many things and times can u search!? They really need to do some serious over hauling at PCH!

Jan 28, 2015 2:20 pm

I agree completely, my mother has been playing for years now, which made me decide that I wanted to maybe try so I got into it a couple months ago and it's complete bull crap. Please don't waste your time anymore playing soemthing that your never gonna win.

Dec 03, 2014 2:20 pm

12-03-2014, 9:20pm west coast time and quote: "PCH.COM is undergoing scheduled site maintenance but will return shortly! Don't worry - click below now for a..." I mean wow, at least do your "maintenance" at off-peak hours like maybe 4am EST. What an idiot outfit.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

345 complaints